• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Jord

Taddea Zhaan - tough Taddea

43 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

I have no idea how you can even get the barbell on you alone!

My guess would be that you have to roll it up your legs.  Might work for skinny folks.  My thighs are too big for that shit though.  I'd end up trying to do a seated row over my quads just to get it on my hips.

That is quite the conundrum.  

• Like 1

I have trouble with these also.  I actually ripped my skin and bruised the crap out of my hips from the bar pulling on it.  I don't do them anymore.  My power cage has pins for bands.  Maybe in the future I will try them that way. 

On March 11, 2017 at 10:09 AM, Broba Fett said:

My guess would be that you have to roll it up your legs.  Might work for skinny folks.  My thighs are too big for that shit though.  I'd end up trying to do a seated row over my quads just to get it on my hips.

That is quite the conundrum.  

That did not occur to me. That the full plates bring it off the ground. My legs might still be too fat. But maybe I'll bring my 10# bumper plates and try it next time. And lots of padding for my pelvis... 

On March 11, 2017 at 10:42 AM, Emerald_Dragonfly said:

I have trouble with these also.  I actually ripped my skin and bruised the crap out of my hips from the bar pulling on it.  I don't do them anymore.  My power cage has pins for bands.  Maybe in the future I will try them that way. 

Youch! Yeah, bands are definitely the way to go!

• Like 1

I finished up this challenge with another Sunday hike. This is turning into my favorite form of cardio and once it's lighter out in the evening I never want to see another treadmill again. LOL. Weather permitting.

Today's hike was 2.7 miles, 58 min, 2.9 mph per my app. Highlight of my day! What a great way to wrap up this challenge. I feel fabulous. 

Challenge Recap

DO THE PROGRAM

This was great except for missing two sessions because of injury. But I was smart not to and couldn't have done them if I wanted to. I'm also making sure to do the warm up as he prescribed. 100%

DAILY MOBILITY

This continues to be a struggle for me. I just forget and then get ready for bed and then bam the next day I'm like shit I forgot again. I forget 1-2 days per week. This is still more mobility than I've ever successfully done. I will repeating this goal next challenge. 85%

BE FRUGAL

Going well. I'm sticking to all my budget goals and keeping track of budget tips in Wunderlist. Which is an app for lists that I use for things like grocery reminders and housework. I posted a few of my successes here but worry not, I've got it all mapped out. 95%

WORK GOALS

I am knocking my work challenge goals out of the park but still feeling like I'm not as successful as I want to be. I'm getting all the work tasks done but I want to do them better. Higher quality work. I have ideas for the next challenge and I will be laying them out there. Last year I felt awkward to have work goals in my challenge and I'm glad I took the risk to make them a feature this year. 90%

It's not a focus of my challenges but I'm also on a calorie deficit, which runs 4 more weeks. This is going well now, but was rough for a few weeks with a lot of ups and downs in my weigh-ins. I have it dialed in now and am looking forward to wrapping this up before the end of the next challenge. Many thanks to all the folks in my cheering section for this like Urgan, EmD, Red, CM, and several others. 3 months is a long cut and I might have quit already if I was on my own. 

• Like 12

1 hour ago, Vibrantella said:

Great scores, well done! :D 

Good luck with your cut, what are you aiming for?

My main goal is strength. And I know if I replace fat with muscle I will look leaner. So I'm not too terribly concerned about weight. 

That said, I have the powerlifting weight classes in mind. 

WOMEN

43.0kg class: up to 43.0kg (this class only applies to sub-junior and junior lifters)

47.0kg class: up to 47.0kg

52.0kg class: from 47.01kg up to 52.0kg

57.0kg class: from 52.01kg up to 57.0kg

63.0kg class: from 57.01kg up to 63.0kg

72.0kg class: from 63.01kg up to 72.0kg (138# to 158.7#)

84.0kg class: from 72.01kg up to 84.0kg (158.7# to 185.2#)

84.0+kg class: from 84.01kg up to unlimited (185.2# and up)

I currently (as of this morning) weigh 186.4#. I don't really have any intention of being under 158#. For maximum strength my goal is to stay under 185#/84kg. I don't know that I'm built for 158#. It's not realistic for me any time in the foreseeable future. 

My 2017 goal is to get under 183# and then stay there, to be at least 2# under the weight class. Although with recent weight fluctuations, to be safe the goal might need to be closer to 180-1. We'll see where I am at when I get to cut #2 in August. 

I don't plan to compete until next year. And weight class doesn't matter too much as a novice, but it gives me a good goal. I will feel better if I'm not competing against women who weigh 50+ or more pounds than I do. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

84.0kg class: from 72.01kg up to 84.0kg (158.7# to 185.2#)

I would like to be in this class - not that I'm a powerlifter or anything, just that my big goal is 77kg (BMI of 25).  I'm just a few lbs heavier than you at the moment, though!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Vibrantella said:

I would like to be in this class - not that I'm a powerlifter or anything, just that my big goal is 77kg (BMI of 25).  I'm just a few lbs heavier than you at the moment, though!

I'll be cheering you on!

• Like 2