• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Jord

Taddea Zhaan - tough Taddea

51 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

ooooo fun stuff!!

lol at squat shoes

I mean, technically you shouldn't need squat shoes. >.> but they do help. And I was um self conscious about doing barbell squats for the first time with my coach.

But I survived to tackle the next challenge! Whatever that may be. I like that he throws in variations of the main lift (like we did trap bar deadlifts yesterday) so while most of the workout is the same, there is some variation. 

29 minutes ago, navis said:

Following :)

ZWyx7.gif 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

I mean, technically you shouldn't need squat shoes. >.> but they do help.

As the weight goes up the helpfulness will as well. A while back I was squatting in squishy-soled shoes and almost went over sideways.

Never again. [shakes fist]

4 minutes ago, calanthrophy said:

As the weight goes up the helpfulness will as well. A while back I was squatting in squishy-soled shoes and almost went over sideways.

Never again. [shakes fist]

I like can't do anything in squishy shoes. They feel so weird to me. I bought some for cardio and ended up liking the trail running shoes better because they are more firm.

Except for squats and bench I lift in these: https://www.amazon.com/Reebok-Womens-Crossfit-Training-Dreamy/dp/B00OTRSH7S/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1486670579&sr=8-2&keywords=crossfit+lite+tr 

• Like 1

niiiiice! SO loves the crossfit shoes as well. i do the merrell men's trail gloves for everything (running, lifting, OCRs) 0 drop, 0 cushion and it was the greatest thing ever for me!

Thursday's report: 

Mobility:

I forgot to do my mobility. I told myself I would do it right before bed when I got up to pee, and then I fell asleep. Plan is to do extra at the gym tonight. le sigh. 

Work:

I'm moving offices today, so all goals yesterday were in regards to packing and I'm all packed up!

Dinner: 

I made this creamy dijon chicken with bacon. http://www.wholesomelicious.com/creamy-maple-dijon-chicken-with-bacon/ 

I omitted the maple because I'm doing no sugar. It turns out I just don't like coconut milk enough to use it in non-asian recipes. Next time I would use almond milk thickened with corn starch. Also, I cubed the chicken after cooking it so I could serve it over baked potato. Mine didn't look like this at all so I didn't take a picture. Also the recipe said to put back in the bacon and let it simmer, so it wasn't crunchy and didn't look like this. I should have trusted my instinct and just topped it with it at the end. 

And who the fuck eats out of little wooden serving dishes?!

Creamy-Maple-Dijon-Chicken-Skillet-with-

I came home and Mr. T had put away the folding table we had taken out for Christmas and put back up our regular table and was about to do the dishes. So I doled out all kinds of Mr. T appreciation words. 

tumblr_n5y19nqt401rvzbdgo1_500.gif 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

Next time I would use almond milk thickened with corn starch.

Are you avoiding dairy for a reason?  I would use double cream, but I am currently avoiding dairy (testing if it's the culprit for bingeing)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Urgan said:

Bacon. Dijon. Chicken. I am so there.

RIGHT? YUM. Good thing too because I'm having it for lunch and dinner today so I don't waste. Sometimes batch cooking goes awry. 

2 hours ago, Vibrantella said:

Are you avoiding dairy for a reason?  I would use double cream, but I am currently avoiding dairy (testing if it's the culprit for bingeing)

I did it initially to see if it would help with scalp psoriasis. Which it hasn't. But I found out that I feel better with out and my stomach feels better. So I'm sticking with it. And I am a lot more full and satisfied with my food because I'm avoiding calorie dense foods like cheese and eating more grains and vegetables. 

36 minutes ago, calanthrophy said:

Like this?

enhanced-21816-1426788204-1.jpg

EXACTLY LIKE THIS

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

RIGHT? YUM. Good thing too because I'm having it for lunch and dinner today so I don't waste. Sometimes batch cooking goes awry. 

MAKE IT DISAPPEAR. 

• Like 3

Friday @ Home Gym
Friday, February 10, 2017 at 7:17 PM

Did coach's mobility warm plus foam rolled my calves. I think I bruised my shoulder on the foam roller. I'm very talented. 

Suitcase Carry 
Set 1: 35 lb × 1

gah, my gym doesn't have heavy enough KB, I should have just grabbed some 45# plates. DBs hit my legs when I walk.

Squat
Set 1: 45 lb × 3
Set 2: 50 lb × 3
Set 3: 55 lb × 3
Set 4: 60 lb × 3
Set 5: 65 lb × 3
Set 6: 70 lb × 3

He said do heavy sets of squats 3x3 to see what I can do. This was fun and cool to see my squats are actually going to be my first lift back up to my fall max (75), lol. I could maybe have done 75, but didn't push it. I filmed 65#. Bar path is still forward but depth is good. Gotta keep pushing those hips and ankles in my mobility drill.

Bench Press
Set 1: 57.5 lb × 5
Set 2: 60 lb × 5
Set 3: 60 lb × 5
Set 4: 60 lb × 5
Set 5: 60 lb × 5

This was supposed to be 4x5, but somebody (Mr. T cough cough) put the 2.5# on the bench rack and not on the bar for my first set. I was like, why was that so easy, yet wonky. :P

Deadlift
Set 1: 135 lb × 3
Set 2: 135 lb × 3
Set 3: 135 lb × 3

High Tension Planks
Set 1: 12 sec
Set 2: 12 sec

Lunge (Bodyweight)
Set 1: 8 reps
Set 2: 8 reps

Skipped my upper body accessories due to not having yet figured out what I did to my shoulder until I was packing up.

• Like 7

Dinner: Singapore Curry Noodles w/ Tofu

This was amazing and I will totes make it again. Added cabbage because I had some in the fridge. 

http://www.biggirlssmallkitchen.com/2015/02/singapore-curry-noodles-with-golden-tofu.html

PF_6f9py-c9lA-ake6wmENDBgJCydmsLrdiUpWPj

Prior to that I went for a walk IN THE COLD. I needed to get out of the house and loosen up my legs. But I ended up going on the trail and up hills so now I think I may be more sore than I was before. 

XWSAL__Lhh7b5pUt4oJ0sdBi4rgJ8xu7Vb7S4VLS

I had a super salty day and have accepted I will be bloated for a few days. 

4 hours ago, Haikoo said:

I'm sorry, I couldn't resist more Mr. T words.

I can't say that as I blame ya. ;)

• Like 6

Sunday

Did the mobility thing. I'm starting to see the real value in the "knee to wall bend". I stand in front of a wall, about 3 or so inches away and stand in my squat position. Then I bend at the knees and try to touch the wall with my knees. I realize now that the point here is to try to train myself to sit straight down. But originally I viewed it as trying to stretch my ankles. I mean it does involve working your ankles, but it also really clicked for me about how you can't do this if you bend forward too much. I also did some other hip stretchy things. 

For dinner I made spaghetti squash pad thai. I think I'm over this. I mean it tastes good but I had so many carbs leftover that I might as well have made noodles and had it taste even better. At 215g of carbs per day I can eat some damn noodles. And this is on my cut. lol. http://www.thekitchn.com/recipe-spaghetti-squash-pad-thai-223927

And mine usually comes out mushy, not all pretty like the picture (I've made this twice before). 

Finished reading a book for book club, The Dinner by Herman Koch. I am officially quitting this book club. Which is sad because we meet a brewery for Taco Tuesday. They seriously pick the lamest books. I have enjoyed maybe 1 book out of the 8 since I joined. So I'm exploring two new book clubs to try, even though they meet 25 min away instead of 15. In March I'll be reading The Underground Railroad by Colson Whitehead (if it ever arrives by interlibrary loan!! this is a 20/30 somethings book club) and then in April it will be Don Quixote (classics book club).

I'm also now trying to avoid book clubs that involve going out to eat. There is another option for one that meets at restaurants kind of near me, but I'm avoiding that for now because money. The two I listed above meet at a book store. 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Urgan said:

+2 smart choices. Noodles 4 lyfe, lol.

Noodles make a lot of things better. 

giphy.gif 

(no apologies if this gif has already made its rounds, none)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

Noodles make a lot of things better. 

giphy.gif 

(no apologies if this gif has already made its rounds, none)

actually, i haven't seen this gif yet! and it's wonderful.

• Like 3

I don't see where you are losing all your fat.  I guess you should be adding a burpees to your challenge so you can practice for when you lose.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Br0din said:

I don't see where you are losing all your fat.  I guess you should be adding a burpees to your challenge so you can practice for when you lose.

All of the details of my cut are in my battle log, where I am day by day TAKING YOU DOWN. 

• Like 6

11 hours ago, Emerald_Dragonfly said:

I like your confidence.  

3 hours ago, AugustaAdaByron said:

I know have Hugh Grant in my head, dancing to - I'm not sure I remember the title!

Now I just need to actually lose the body fat. 

c7386d6d4903000f3178af1e957bcaa9.gif

• Like 2