• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Jord

Taddea Zhaan - tough Taddea

2 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

Unfortunately anything barefoot style won't work for me outdoors. Because of my nerve damage every little thing is felt and can be painful. Like even when I step on an electrical cord in the house barefoot I am annoyed. HOWEVER, I hadn't considered the LLBean brand. So I'll check out what they have now. Thanks! 

ahh, gotcha. yes, i will spend the extra money for LLBean because they will take back anything at anytime for any reason and give you a full refund. i have done this many times from just not liking something anymore to bringing my mom's 30yo coat back (no tags or receipt) and getting a $100 gift card.

• Like 2

I saw two guys jogging this morning and I thought "who the hell is hogging at 7:15 am on a Saturday in February".... as I was driving to go lift. :lol:

My shoulder survived the whole workout and still feels good. HELL YEAH!! We did go easy on it though, low bench volume and no upper accessories. 

Barbell Club (Week 3?)
Saturday, February 18, 2017 

Squat
Set 1: 45 lb × 6
Set 2: 55 lb × 6
Set 3: 55 lb × 6
Set 4: 55 lb × 6
Set 5: 55 lb × 6

Notes: box squats

Bench Press
Set 1: 55 lb × 8
Set 2: 55 lb × 8
Set 3: 55 lb × 8

Deadlift
Set 1: 145 lb × 2
Set 2: 145 lb × 2
Set 3: 145 lb × 2
Set 4: 145 lb × 2

High Tension Planks
Set 1: 15 sec
Set 2: 15 sec

Step Ups
Set 1: 0 lb × 8
Set 2: 0 lb × 8

Notes: 16" box

Bike intervals at the end instead of sled work. 

We swapped out lunges for step ups for me and this made me so happy!!!! I HATE lunges with my poor balance. Based on how my legs feel I'm glad I didn't add weight this first time. Also my left leg is way suckier at this. 

• Like 4

Finally figuring out my garden seeds!

my collection:

uCdJLEHycqttm7InB9TH9JucCp77lfoD9CKy6FAD

my planning: 

x7JGxg85e2jE3NptbVMnTMhBpRVUv0BZrZmVY04Y

Seed/plant is if I'm going to direct seed or buy plant.  I'm undecided about herbs because it turns out I have seeds but they are way easier to deal with as starter plants.

I'm debating between pumpkins or sunchokes by the far side of the yard. I'm not sure that the soil is good enough for pumpkins and at least this year I'm not interested in amending the soil. 

I'm super excited I only need two kinds of seeds!! But the soil in the raised beds has settled so I'll need to buy some of that to supplement. 

• Like 4

I'm a terrible person and I have no photographic evidence from my adventures yesterday! 

I had breakfast with @elvenengineer and she is awesome! It was great to finally meet her and it was my first nerd meet-up. 

Then after some grocery shopping I went hiking with Mr. T. It was only 2 miles but it felt like forever. We started on a muddy trail but it was TOO muddy, so we walked down over to a paved trail. My new app told me we went an average of 2. 6mph. 

Then I made chicken pot pie and it was the best pot pie I've ever made! 
I made a variation on this: http://thefoodcharlatan.com/2016/11/22/classic-double-crust-chicken-pot-pie-recipe/

• used crescent rolls rolled out for the crust
  • added rosemary
  • multiplied ingredients for a 9x13" pan
  • baked the chicken in a greek spice blend I like before mixing it into the filling
  • used almond milk instead of milk and broth
  • okay so maybe the recipe isn't the winner, it is my modifications? LOL. 
  • 1/6 of pan = 400 calories, 30g protein, 20g fat, 28g of carbs = winning

51VNGe6zTsL._AC_US160_.jpg

FQPfvR5ClrRA4ImEEbx6bmtiJEpMNvHbIHMqvMTc

Also, earlier in the weekend I made stuffed peppers: http://www.diaryofarecipecollector.com/mini-meatloaf-pepper-rings.html 

I love these. I don't know how her's in the picture look like that though, considering you cover them in crushed tomatoes. They are delicious. I've made them before. I chop up the tops and bottoms of the peppers and saute them with onions and the spices before mixing them into the meatloaf. To fit 4 peppers into one 9x13 pan I just cut them in half. 

This is a very unappetizing picture, but I promise they are delicious. Mr. T's in the back has (kind of burnt :culpability:) cheese on it. 

JYLDJPl4W3NoN2FS4fSZSZAKvRq2fEgiIzFJgnGc

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, RedStone said:

Those meatloaf pepper rings are so going in my meal planner!!! Looks awesome :P And of course super jeals of your meetup!!!

They are awesome and cute little portions! And you can use whatever seasoning blend you want in them or keep it simple. I don't like most creole seasoning blends so I have used either an italian or greek blend. 

On ‎16‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 3:03 PM, Taddea Zhaan said:

instead of freezing leftover tomato paste in the silcone ice cube tray, I've taken to putting it in a quart freezer bag and freezing it into a flat sheet. It's easy to break off chunks and I don't have to deal with freezer burn on cubes.

This is an excellent idea, I always have problems with tomato paste going off/furry!

On ‎18‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 11:04 PM, Taddea Zhaan said:

I'm debating between pumpkins or sunchokes by the far side of the yard.

You are aware that once you put in Jerusalem artichokes, you'll always have them (which is not a bad thing! - alas, mine have stayed in a previous garden, and I have no space in the current one)

36 minutes ago, Vibrantella said:

You are aware that once you put in Jerusalem artichokes, you'll always have them (which is not a bad thing! - alas, mine have stayed in a previous garden, and I have no space in the current one)

I am very aware and I know it can be a bad thing. It's a large rental property and this is kind of a dead area. I'm hoping that with sunchokes they are hardy enough to take root and provide some life to the area. Plus they are edible! I'm not sure if pumpkins would grow well there. Also, there is a doctor's office on the other side of that fence area and they would provide a visual barrier. I'm doing more research before I decide. Thank you for the reminder though!

33 minutes ago, Curl Brogo said:

I need to make your chicken pan pie. The macros ate just so. I could eat the while thing and just call it a day.

You should totally do it. I thought the crescent rolls (the kind from the tube) were going to fuck it up, but the macros came out on point. I forgot to put the onion in the macros, but whatever, LOL. The 0.75 cup white is the flour. 

Manage Recipe

recipe_image_placeholder.png

Chicken Pot Pie

Servings 6
calories per serving

8 IngredientsEdit Recipe

• 8 Roll, Crescent Rolls
  • 4 T., Butter
  • 3 cup, Unsweetened Almond Milk
  • 1.75 lb(s), Boneless Chicken Breast
  • 0.75 cup, White
  • 1.50 cup, Peas - Green, frozen, unprepared
  • 2 cup chopped, Carrots, raw
  • 1 cup chopped, Celery, raw

Nutrition Facts
Servings 6.0
Amount Per Serving
calories 401
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 19 g 30 %
Saturated Fat 9 g 43 %
Monounsaturated Fat 3 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 84 mg 28 %
Sodium 782 mg 33 %
Potassium 575 mg 16 %
Total Carbohydrate 27 g 9 %
Dietary Fiber 3 g 14 %
Sugars 7 g  
Protein 31 g 63 %
Vitamin A 169 %
Vitamin C 16 %
Calcium 25 %
Iron 11 %
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

I'm a terrible person and I have no photographic evidence from my adventures yesterday! 

I had breakfast with @elvenengineer and she is awesome! It was great to finally meet her and it was my first nerd meet-up. 

Then after some grocery shopping I went hiking with Mr. T. It was only 2 miles but it felt like forever. We started on a muddy trail but it was TOO muddy, so we walked down over to a paved trail. My new app told me we went an average of 2. 6mph. 

Then I made chicken pot pie and it was the best pot pie I've ever made! 
I made a variation on this: http://thefoodcharlatan.com/2016/11/22/classic-double-crust-chicken-pot-pie-recipe/

• used crescent rolls rolled out for the crust
  • added rosemary
  • multiplied ingredients for a 9x13" pan
  • baked the chicken in a greek spice blend I like before mixing it into the filling
  • used almond milk instead of milk and broth
  • okay so maybe the recipe isn't the winner, it is my modifications? LOL. 
  • 1/6 of pan = 400 calories, 30g protein, 20g fat, 28g of carbs = winning

51VNGe6zTsL._AC_US160_.jpg

FQPfvR5ClrRA4ImEEbx6bmtiJEpMNvHbIHMqvMTc

Also, earlier in the weekend I made stuffed peppers: http://www.diaryofarecipecollector.com/mini-meatloaf-pepper-rings.html 

I love these. I don't know how her's in the picture look like that though, considering you cover them in crushed tomatoes. They are delicious. I've made them before. I chop up the tops and bottoms of the peppers and saute them with onions and the spices before mixing them into the meatloaf. To fit 4 peppers into one 9x13 pan I just cut them in half. 

This is a very unappetizing picture, but I promise they are delicious. Mr. T's in the back has (kind of burnt :culpability:) cheese on it. 

JYLDJPl4W3NoN2FS4fSZSZAKvRq2fEgiIzFJgnGc

That sounds like a very nice day!

Yay for more nerd meet ups!

• Like 1

I did all the things. 

Barbell Club
Monday, February 20, 2017 at 6:02 PM

Squat
Set 1: 45 lb × 5
Set 2: 60 lb × 5
Set 3: 60 lb × 5
Set 4: 60 lb × 5
Set 5: 60 lb × 5

I have done this twice now: I get to near the last set and start going too fast and near good morning a rep or two because I lose tightness. I need to focus on this with every rep, at least until it is an ingrained habit. 

Bench Press
Set 1: 65 lb × 3
Set 2: 65 lb × 3
Set 3: 65 lb × 3
Set 4: 65 lb × 3
Set 5: 65 lb × 3

Deadlift
Set 1: 145 lb × 3
Set 2: 145 lb × 3
Set 3: 145 lb × 3
Set 4: 145 lb × 3

easy peasy. I wish squats were this easy. 

Accessories in in no particular order: 

High Tension Planks

Sled Work
Set 1: BW (+135 lb) × 1
Set 2: BW (+135 lb) × 1

Step Ups
Set 1: 10 lb × 8
Set 2: 10 lb × 8

TRX Inverted Row 
Set 1: 8 reps
Set 2: 8 reps

• Like 8

I'm giving myself a 7 day fiber mini-challenge because TMI constipated. Each day I'll report in on what I consumed and total grams of fiber. My daily goal is 40g (normally).

Today I have breakfast and lunch covered: oats, nuts, flaxmeal, apple, strawberries, peas

Dinner is Taco Tuesday: I have beans planned but no vegetable. But that already puts me into 42g of fiber. 

Probably going to avoid my bread/toast & PB habit for a while... :crushed:

• Like 4

SO jealous of your sled work! One of the girls that works during my time slot has sleds in her programming this month and I get to watch from the side lines! BOOO. 

Let me know how the flax treats you! It's been like drain-o for me in the past :o I'll temporarily mourn your peanut butter :'( 

13 minutes ago, RedStone said:

SO jealous of your sled work! One of the girls that works during my time slot has sleds in her programming this month and I get to watch from the side lines! BOOO. 

Have you done them before? It's kind of brutal. The hardest part is when I do it where I pull it it back the other direction. My posterior chain SCREAMS at me when I'm pulling the sled. Two girls yesterday were doing sled pushes with light weight as sprints. nope nope nope and more nope. 

14 minutes ago, RedStone said:

Let me know how the flax treats you! It's been like drain-o for me in the past :o

Ok, I will let you know then. ;) 

• Like 1

I forgot my mobility yesterday. I need to figure out how to make this part of my routine. I suck at it every time I put mobility in my challenge! I am doing a good job of getting to barbell club early though to go through the full mobility/warm-up routine. 

Yesterday turned into meal-prep Tuesday. I made my breakfast oatmeal egg bake. And then I also made and froze what I call protein cups for post-workout snacks. I think I'm going to add more protein powder next time. They come out to about 15g of protein each. (feel free to judge my well-loved baking sheet)

1tceppEK7PX9EqOhMskyt5oWrwYgs5BJDhMtLRclavDC_Uk8N3hXOFRxhk_F8GAeCqTzeo9GR_65T3oB

Work Stuff: 

Work is going a little crazy right now and things are changing and what is the focus of my job feels like it is shifting. So in order to achieve my 2017 goal of "be awesome at my job, be known as the person who gets shit done" I may need to come up with a plan of action to be more efficient at the tasks that are now taking up more time. The goals of the to-do list and 30 min on old email at the end of the day or going well, but next challenge I'll need a work goal that is more specific to these tasks. 

Money Saving Stuff: 

I'm doing a good job of sticking to my budget so that I can afford the powerlifting coaching. This week's money savers feature looking for affordable recipes to fit into the rest of this pay period and then also looking online for an item I needed so I could get a good deal. We really want to go see the new movie Get Out on Saturday and I'm planning to bring snacks in with us. I am not even too proud to bring in popcorn, I've done that before. ;) 

• Like 10

6 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

I am not even too proud to bring in popcorn, I've done that before. ;)

Our local theater used to be pretty lax about their 'no outside food' policy; I've seen people bring entire pizzas with them. I once smuggled Arby's beef and cheddar sammiches with fries in my purse :D

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, JustCallMeAmber said:

Our local theater used to be pretty lax about their 'no outside food' policy; I've seen people bring entire pizzas with them. I once smuggled Arby's beef and cheddar sammiches with fries in my purse :D

That's what I do, sneak it into my purse. :D when I bring popcorn I pop it and then put it into a ziplock bag. A bottle of water or whatever and you are good to go. Nobody looks in your bag.

Although, I'm curious what they would actually do if I just strolled in with a pizza. :lol:

• Like 3

Those protein cups look delectable! Are they shelf stable or do they need to be refrigerated? I usually take a bunch of snacks with me when I go to Houston to train with my dance partner, but mine end up being more carb-heavy than ideal because oatmeal cookie derivatives tend to travel well.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MikeWazowski said:

Those protein cups look delectable! Are they shelf stable or do they need to be refrigerated? I usually take a bunch of snacks with me when I go to Houston to train with my dance partner, but mine end up being more carb-heavy than ideal because oatmeal cookie derivatives tend to travel well.

They are shelf stable! :) 

oats, vanilla whey protein powder, almond milk, peanut butter, salt and then: 

If you are ambitious add nuts/dried fruit and to make them less dense add baking powder and baking soda for leavening, but optional. 

My version is 257 cals, 16g protein, 23g carb, 13g fat. But it is totally customizable to be perfect macros depending on which protein powder you use and added fun stuff. It's almost perfect for me, a little heavy on fat, I could decrease the nuts and bump protein powder if I was ambitious to experiment more. 

• Like 5

I felt very fatigued for my workout yesterday. And I'm annoyed that I missed that last rep on bench. I know my shoulder has been bugging me but I rocked everything else despite being tired and I had a long day so that would have made me feel better. But onward! I have to lift on my own on Friday so I'm debating doing bench volume vs asking randos for spots in the gym. I've been doing heavy sets for the last two sessions, so volume would be fine.

On the plus side I'm finally squatting more than my bench again. Which reminds me I should go somewhat late to the gym tomorrow so I can film squats to monitor mobility progress. 

Barbell Club

Wednesday, February 22, 2017 at 5:46 PM

Squat

Set 2: 65 lb × 5

Set 3: 65 lb × 5

Set 4: 65 lb × 5

Set 5: 65 lb × 5

Set 6: 65 lb × 5

Bench Press

Set 2: 65 lb × 4

Set 3: 65 lb × 4

Set 4: 65 lb × 4

Set 5: 65 lb × 3

High Tension Planks

(maybe should not have done these between bench sets)

Deadlift

Set 1: 150 lb × 2

Set 2: 150 lb × 2

Set 3: 150 lb × 2

Lunge (Bodyweight)

Set 1: 7 reps

Set 2: 7 reps

Set 3: 7 reps

Notes: TRX, reverse lunges

Bent Over Row (Dumbbell) superset with pallof press

Set 1: 25 lb × 8

Set 2: 25 lb × 8

Set 3: 25 lb × 8

Pallof Press

Set 1: 0 lb × 8

Set 2: 0 lb × 8

Set 3: 0 lb × 8

Notes: yellow band

• Like 4

Yay for squat gains!  Don't beat yourself up too much over the missed rep on bench, that always seems to be the most difficult lift to up for me so I know how it can be.  Have you tried floor presses at all?  Those helped me increase my overall bench numbers pretty well.  

Also I am going to have to try that chicken pan pie thing...  That looks sooo good.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TiffanyD said:

Yay for squat gains!  Don't beat yourself up too much over the missed rep on bench, that always seems to be the most difficult lift to up for me so I know how it can be.  Have you tried floor presses at all?  Those helped me increase my overall bench numbers pretty well.  

Also I am going to have to try that chicken pan pie thing...  That looks sooo good.

But I want ALL THE REPS ALL THE TIME. ;) I know, I know, bench is evil and progress is progress. About a week or so ago we did floor press but not since. I may ask him about it next week. 

Yes, do the chicken pan pie! It was the culinary highlight of my week. 

wS6Khx.gif 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

that looks like a great workout! and i love culinary highlights.

I've taken to not even writing up my warm-up, so I'm glad you like the workout. ;) 

It's a series of stretches/movements, then some deep body weight squats, suitcase (farmers) carry, and bottoms up KB presses. 

• Like 1

On 2/22/2017 at 6:52 AM, Taddea Zhaan said:

1tceppEK7PX9EqOhMskyt5oWrwYgs5BJDhMtLRclavDC_Uk8N3hXOFRxhk_F8GAeCqTzeo9GR_65T3oB

20 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

oats, vanilla whey protein powder, almond milk, peanut butter, salt and then: 

If you are ambitious add nuts/dried fruit and to make them less dense add baking powder and baking soda for leavening, but optional. 

I'm not very kitchen-savvy, is there a basic recipe that you use? Also, do you think chocolate protein powder is fine? :3 These look awesome and I love oats and fluffy protein snacks.