• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

CourtnieMarie

CM and the Mardi Valentine President on a Tuesday

2 minutes ago, raptron said:

Ya, ya, nice food and nice snacks. I also had a really ripe avocado yesterday. I made avocado tuna salad instead of guac. I am a big fan, especially with a bit of chipotle sauce and lime. :D 

i wish you commented before i made a random avo dip because SO did NOT get salsa and we have no tomatoes. i totes could've made a tuna or chicken salad (i'm sure we have a can of one or the other). but i just mixed the avo with italian dressing seasoning, red pepper, cider vinegar, and garlic. *shrug

p.s. i love chipotle sauce. what kind do you get?

p.p.s. spell check wants chipotle to be chipolata 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, elvenengineer said:

Wait, you can make chicken salad with things other than mayo?

I've always hated chicken/tuna salad because I hate mayo....

*ponders*

yesssss!! avocados are definitely top of the list for a great sub. even if they're not ripe enough you can just cube it and eat with the chicken/tuna. add spices, tomatoes, onions, cucs, olives, capers, WHATEVER seriously. possibilities are endless. and simple, so simple :D 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, elvenengineer said:

*ponders*

38 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

yesssss!! avocados are definitely top of the list for a great sub. even if they're not ripe enough you can just cube it and eat with the chicken/tuna. add spices, tomatoes, onions, cucs, olives, capers, WHATEVER seriously. possibilities are endless. and simple, so simple :D 

You can also use avocado in place of butter in baking recipes! You need avocado chocolate chip muffins in your life! So moist! And slightly green. 

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, elvenengineer said:

*ponders*

OOOH GIRL. You can also use greek yogurt!!! Talk about a protein bomb that also tastes bomb.com.

2 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

i wish you commented before i made a random avo dip because SO did NOT get salsa and we have no tomatoes. i totes could've made a tuna or chicken salad (i'm sure we have a can of one or the other). but i just mixed the avo with italian dressing seasoning, red pepper, cider vinegar, and garlic. *shrug

p.s. i love chipotle sauce. what kind do you get?

p.p.s. spell check wants chipotle to be chipolata 

I like using some of the sauce and sometimes a nice diced pepper from those cans of chipotle en adobo you can buy in the mexican section of the grocery store. But I also picked up a bottle of El Yucateco chiptole sauce that is pretty good! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, elvenengineer said:

*ponders*

Mrs Blocky made a kickass chicken "salad" flavoured with bacon grease!

20170205_125850.jpg

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, raptron said:

OOOH GIRL. You can also use greek yogurt!!! Talk about a protein bomb that also tastes bomb.com.

I like using some of the sauce and sometimes a nice diced pepper from those cans of chipotle en adobo you can buy in the mexican section of the grocery store. But I also picked up a bottle of El Yucateco chiptole sauce that is pretty good! 

was wondering if that sauce from canned adobo chipotles was in bottle form sans actual peppers. good to know!

17 minutes ago, Blocky said:

Mrs Blocky made a kickass chicken "salad" flavoured with bacon grease!

20170205_125850.jpg

that looks amazing!

• Like 2

Week 0 – Thursday

Snow dayyyyyy... Slept in and it still wasn’t snowing at 630 and it was 38F so I did an outdoor run for about 20 mins. good to get some outdoor stuff in before the march 5K.

Ate 2 eggs and spinach cooked in bacon grease for bfast with a dunks latte. then I had a half bar of dark chocolate that SO got me bc snow and chocolate are best frands.

Worked a bunch and food went pretty much downhill. Had chips, guac, and more chocolate for lunch. some protein coffee and two Rx bars for snacks. More chips and guac. More chips. a protein beer. some cashew butter. And a dunkaccino.

Ended around 2400 cals and 88g protein. Feeling pretty gross and bloated today. especially since I slept in and didn’t workout this AM. Need to get my act together for the challenge start and v-day dinner this Saturday. I have been up 5 pounds since the superbowl and it did not come off this week because I indulged at a Tuesday work event and yesterday’s snowday. i am not happy with myself

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Laghail said:

Cashew butter and meatballs? Tell me about this?

hahaha not together though i'm sure we can think of a tasty way to make it so. i just had leftover meatballs from the superbowl and ate those... then i put a spoon in the cashew butter jar. i'm not that complicated ;) 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

I always like to remind myself that bloat is not permanent and that even tattoos are not permanent these days. ;)

truth! i CAN AND WILL be better this weekend

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, wildross said:

I'm really glad that first gif has rolled off the mobile app.  Would be hard to explain.

haha! i know, sorry. i couldn't resist once i found it though :) 

On 2/10/2017 at 10:31 AM, Laghail said:

Cashew butter and meatballs? Tell me about this?

Sounds like one of those cooking competitions where everyone gets a few random ingredients and has to come up with a recipe.

NF should have a PvP thread like this... Just sayin'.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Curl Brogo said:

Sounds like one of those cooking competitions where everyone gets a few random ingredients and has to come up with a recipe.

NF should have a PvP thread like this... Just sayin'.

oooooOOOOOOOooo!! that would be epic.

• Like 2

Week 0 – Friday

I did 3 planks at work and that was pretty much it. didn’t eat anything but my own food though.

went out after work with friends and had a grand ol’ time. around 1900 cals for the day with at least 570 of those being alcoholic bevs.

Week 0 – Saturday

was actually down a couple pounds sat morning since I didn’t get any late night drunken foods and alcohol is dehydrating.

Slept at a friends for a few hours and then drove home to sleep some more. Woke up at 12:30ish and cooked the SO breakfast in bed: chicken sausage with onions and scrambled eggs alongside some roasted green beans. super filling and held us over until dinner reservations at 7. No workout was had but I think we shoveled? Idk.

Went to an amazing Italian restaurant where their whole menu (pasta and pizza incld) can be made gluten free. So we had fried calamari to start. I had a lemon pasta with scallops and a creamy cheesy sauce and SO had pancetta with pasta and a tomato sauce. amaze. the lemon cheese combo definitely tasted dessert-esque and I couldn't remember having that combo on anything but, like, cheesecake. it's great on handmade perfectly cooked pasta, btw. I convinced her we needed dessert so I got a ridiculous panna cotta and she had the affogato. I can’t wait to go back and try more things!

Went home and went to bed early for a Saturday night but it was needed.

• Like 3

Week 1 – Sunday

Day 1 of the challenge! and I think I f*cking nailed it.

Went grocery shopping and picked up some stuff to make a fun recipe. Then I went to gym and started my 531 program. Since it was 5s, and light weights, I decided I would try some back squats for the first time in probably a year. they felt great actually. first rep on the first 2 sets were sketchy with me trying to make sure I was hitting below parallel but reps 2-5 were spot on.

goblet squats

45x5

60x5

Squats

80x5

90x5

105x8

105x5

BB reverse lunges

60x8x4

BB hip thrusts

45x10x4

did two sets of burpees in there at 5 and 10 reps. as well as some LYTP work for my shoulder.

went home and ate some beanitos mac and cheese flavored puff things.

crunchmacncheese.png

they’re amazing btw. I also ate some chips and avocado and salsa while cooking stuffs. typical egg casserole and paleomg’s spaghetti pie thing. It was SO BOMB guys. I haven’t had spaghetti squash in years bc I must’ve cooked it wrong the first time I tried it and it was gross. this was not gross. It made four servings of 240cals each but they felt like 500cals. I ate a serving for lunch and a second one for dinner with extra goat cheese

in between the meals we did laundry and watched SNL and drank liquor. it was a great boring snow day.

Weights: 1/3

Cardio: 0/2

Yoga: 0/60

Recipes: 1/1

• Like 2

Week 1 – Monday

Got to sleep late on Sunday night so slept in a bit yesterday morning. did about 20 minutes of shoveling before work.

I really wanted one of the cookies in the work kitchen but I was able to resist thanks to some NF help :D

Ended up at 1841 cals with 180g protein. did a 45 minute deep stretch yoga for legs, hips, and lower back. so good especially with the DOMS from Sunday’s session.

Weights: 1/3

Yoga: 45/60

Snacks: 1/5

meme01.jpg

• Like 5

Week 1 – Tuesday

sleeepyyyyy and cold… but got to the gym before work:

5m yoga

bench

45x5

55x5

65x5

75x8

75x5

underhand cable pulldowns

100x10

100x10

100x8

100x8

bench dips with feet on another bench

8, 8, 8, 8

I ate my bfast and most of my snacks before lunch… ~800cals. then lunch was only 250cals. then I finished my last snack, an orange, and coworkers brought out brownies. so I ate them damnit. they made regular and gluten free ones and the GF ones were way better. brought a couple home for SO cuz valentine’s and all that.

then I got hungry again when I got home, before dinner, so I ate 2 more servings of those mac and cheese puffs… ended up at 2200cals and 142g pro. ah well.

Weights: 2/3

Yoga: 50/60

Snacks: 1/5

been struggling to have enough leftovers for lunches this week. I think because I didn’t make a batch of something over the weekend. that pizza casserole thing only ended up being like 2-3 servings so it was gone before Monday. need to make sure the fun recipe goal doesn’t get in the way of normal meal prep.

• Like 5

DOUBLE up on the fun meal maybe? Like double size? So it winds up being prep? Idk. I just still want that spaghetti squash pizza mail 2 me thanks. 

• Like 1

Honestly I wouldn't hold the holiday against you. It's a time for couples, and as you're in one it makes perfect sense for you to celebrate w/ indulgence. Besides, you gotta fuel those gainz somehow. #BrownieGainz?

Also, I think I missed this, but did you make a freaking pizza casserole with spaghetti squash?

• Like 1