imprimis5's Big and Little Pictures

imprimis5

Challenge Results

Well, I'm back. Let's chat.

The cruise was not a complete loss. I did one intense bodyweight routine, I only took the elevator over the stairs maybe three times, and I went for a couple mile run on the ship. Food was the biggest issue; I could not stop eating. I won't go into the gory details, but let's just say that it was not good at all. I'm majorly in recovery now. I've already been back to the gym twice, and my diet is back to good paleo.

The cruise really was a lot of fun, at least. So many different kinds of geeks and nerds. I got to talk to so many people I respect, too. Wil Wheaton, Rebecca Sugar, Patrick Rothfuss, Zoe Keating, James Earnest, Keith Baker, Molly Lewis, Cameron Esposito, Rhea Butcher, Aparna Nancherla, and Cecil Baldwin. Best of all, my partner and I got to actually take some time to relax and wander about on Mexican beaches.

I'm back at work today. Going to do my best to ease into things. It's not easy. New challenge incoming soon, too.

Big Picture Challenge

• Wedding Planning: On Monday, January 30th, 2017 my boyfriend and I proposed to one another. While we're adorable and all, simply being cute does not make plans for us. We must make actual arrangements for this to happen. We're not having an elaborate ceremony or reception; rather, two of our best friends are accompanying to the courthouse on an upcoming afternoon for a civic marriage. After which, we'll meet up with a few of our close friends and their partners in a very informal environment for lots of my boss's home brew and board games until everyone leaves. This requires a few things to be planned ASAP, as we're shooting for May of this year. Results: Didn't get as much done on this as I wanted. Under the gun to finish it up soon, though!
    • Set a specific date.
      • Waiting on venue.
    • Arrange for our friends to be at the marriage.
      • Holding pattern for a specific date.
    • Rent a facility that can accommodate up to 60 people and let us carry in our own alcohol.
      • This didn't happen. We're going to look at it on Thursday this week, though.
    • Set a guest list.
      • I think that we pretty much have this finalised.
    • Invite people.
      • Not really doing this officially until I have a date.
    • Optional Bonus: Arrange to buy a kilt for the wedding that I can afford and be happy with for a long time to come. I'm going to be super picky, and will not get anything before I compromise.
      • Nothing yet.
  • Daily Food Report: Recording my daily food intake has been one of the most helpful things I've done for months now. I'm going to continue this. Still eating mostly paleo, with the occasional allowance here and there. Bold items are not paleo. Iced Coffee is never paleo if it's been sweetened; baked goods, protein shakes, candy, and ice cream are never paleo. Candy is a newcomer to the list. I've unfortunately developed a little bit of a sweet tooth and started sneaking the odd orange slice or gummy worm, so I need to nip that in the bud. Protein shakes are also a newcomer to the list, as I've noticed I'm consistently about 30g of protein shy in a day. I'll probably only be consuming them after workouts, so just one a day. Results: I did really well, except for the cruise. Still having trouble nipping the candy issue, though.
    • Yesterday breakfast: Banana
    • Lunch: Ground beef, carrots, sweet potato chips
    • Dinner: Ground beef, carrots, sweet potato chips
    • Snacks: Almonds, 90% chocolate
    • Protein Shake: Yes
    • Iced Coffee: No
    • Baked Goods: No
    • Ice Cream: No
    • Candy: Yes

Little Picture Challenge

• Dip Improvement: Do 3x10 dips, assisted or otherwise, with at least two workouts a week.
    • Much better on this front! Still mostly assisted.
  • Pull-Up Improvement: Do 3x10 pull-ups, assisted or otherwise, with at least two workouts a week.
    • Way improved. I still can't really do a good pull-up unassisted, though.
  • Yoga: Do yoga every night, with at least five a week being full half-hour sessions.
    • With the exception of the cruise, we did yoga every night.
  • Squat Improvement: Do 4x5 squats with at least two workouts a week.
    • Current PR: body weight. This is hugely improved.
  • Bench Press Improvement: Do 4x5 bench press with at least two workouts a week.
    • This is hugely improved, too.
  • Deadlift Improvement: Do 4x5 deadlift with at least two workouts a week.
    • Another success.
  • Running: Run at least a mile twice during this Challenge.
    • I met the bare minimum for this challenge. But that's still two runs, so it's better than nothing.
  • Straight Leg Interior Rotation: Do 4x10 straight leg interior rotation with every workout.
    • I forgot to do this more than I should have. But I did still do it from time to time, and I noticed some improvement.
  • Like 4

Rangers, ho!

My Character and Epic Quest

My current Challenge

Previous Challenges: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

22 minutes ago, imprimis5 said:

The cruise was not a complete loss. I did one intense bodyweight routine, I only took the elevator over the stairs maybe three times, and I went for a couple mile run on the ship. Food was the biggest issue; I could not stop eating. I won't go into the gory details, but let's just say that it was not good at all. I'm majorly in recovery now. I've already been back to the gym twice, and my diet is back to good paleo.

The cruise really was a lot of fun, at least. So many different kinds of geeks and nerds. I got to talk to so many people I respect, too. Wil Wheaton, Rebecca Sugar, Patrick Rothfuss, Zoe Keating, James Earnest, Keith Baker, Molly Lewis, Cameron Esposito, Rhea Butcher, Aparna Nancherla, and Cecil Baldwin. Best of all, my partner and I got to actually take some time to relax and wander about on Mexican beaches.

WOOT!  Glad you had a good time!!  I hear ya on the food.  I've been on two cruises myself, and it's basically a nonstop eat-a-thon.  Also, what cruise were you on that had that kind of nerd talent aboard!?  I must have missed that part before.  

Super exciting!! 

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

2 minutes ago, Oramac said:

Also, what cruise were you on that had that kind of nerd talent aboard!?

This was our second year to be on the JoCo Cruise. It started out several years ago as a fan cruise for Jonathan Coulton, and it's gradually grown to the point it's at now, where we had the entire boat to ourselves. 1700 geeks and nerds at sea for a week.

• Like 2

Rangers, ho!

My Character and Epic Quest

My current Challenge

Previous Challenges: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8