• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Blocky

Blocky does some tinkering...

Friday:

Screenshot_2017_02_10_17_17_53_1.png

Made a small rep PR (2.5kg) on my deficit deadlifts but felt a bit beat up after. Instead of quitting, I put the squatty suit on again to protect my back and hips, worked up to a top single on the box skwaat at 170kg (20kg more than I've been able to do raw) and then dropped down to 130kg and busted out 10 doubles. Fairly happy.

Did the morning cardio. Did the abs and back extensions. Did the food. About to go and do the supplements. Did the 10min bike post lifting. Still quite sore and tired and ready for naps.

In other news it's going to get to 39 degrees C (102 F) over the weekend... I'm really ready for summer to fuck right off. It's killing me.

In other other news, toys! Some miniatures I painted a couple of years ago:

20170210_173945.jpg

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Blocky said:

In other news it's going to get to 39 degrees C (102 F) over the weekend... I'm really ready for summer to fuck right off. It's killing me.

I take it you live south of the equator? I will trade you my cold windy morning for sweltering heat. 

6 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

I take it you live south of the equator? I will trade you my cold windy morning for sweltering heat. 

In a heartbeat... I'm losing 3kg of sweat every training session and finish with massive headaches that last for hours.

Ugh...so it's supposed to be pretty F'ing hot today, so when the cat got me up at 5, I just went with it, had some pre-workout and went to bench (I'm normally an afternoon worker outer so mornings are rough). It wasn't as bad as I was expecting...

Screenshot_2017_02_11_10_49_08_1.png

Here's a vid of the double at 100kg+chain:

The volume today was terrible... 8 sets of 8 at 65% - 67.5kg plus chain weight. Felt ok but not painful (which is nice). Didn't do any cardio, but did do the abs and back work. Had a decent whack of protein after. Morning supps done...

Toys: Here is our awkward yeti plushie collection:

20170111_152310.jpg

• Like 4

Skwaat Day!

Screenshot_2017_02_13_18_43_30_1.png

Got a grindy single (raw) at 180kg +7.5kg band tension which is a recent PR. Then put the squatty suit on and worked up to 205kg +7.5kg band tension. Most weight I've had on my back ever. Then dropped back to raw and got 5 doubles at 150 + bands... Was careful on my banded deadlifts (they've been kicking my ass lately) and think I've gotten away without hurting myself. Lighter assistance work to finish...

Had a great day, had heaps of fun... the only downer was the temperature... 38 degrees C... oh, and I managed to smash my finger with something (not sure what) and it's going to bruise up big time.

Today's toy: This is a diarama I'm working on for a model making competition

20170213_082840.jpg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Blocky said:

Skwaat Day!Today's toy: This is a diarama I'm working on for a model making competition

20170213_082840.jpg

!!!!!!! I love that you're showing us all the toys!!!! Very curious about this scene... picts when done I demand the pics ARGHSDJHLDKJHSGLKSJDHF:!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SpecialSundae said:

Hadn't realised you were lifting equipped. How the frick do you get your squat suit on alone in that heat???

I'm only playing with it... I got the centurion second hand, so the fit isn't perfect. I've been feeling weak while I've been dropping weight, so this was a nice confidence boost.

I can get it on most of the way and then I loop the shoulder straps over a J-hook and let gravity do the rest... getting it off is much harder.

• Like 1

I'm only playing with it... I got the centurion second hand, so the fit isn't perfect. I've been feeling weak while I've been dropping weight, so this was a nice confidence boost.

I can get it on most of the way and then I loop the shoulder straps over a J-hook and let gravity do the rest... getting it off is much harder.

Sometimes it takes more than gravity...

• Like 3

Today... return of the bench... this is the workout that fucked with my head last week.

Screenshot_2017_02_15_20_15_03_1.png

Today I used a 1-board to work the sticking point and it went fairly well. I maxed at 117.5kg (only 7.5kg behind my all time best at this) and failed 120kg (gave it a red hot go though). Got a nice little rep PR on my down set.

Did the abs and back stuff, took my supplements, did the cardio, did some shoulder mobility before my lifting.

More toys - I bought these for Mrs Blocky for V day:

20170215_081108.jpg

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, SpecialSundae said:

RSS?

Redstone was just saying that she needed a Blocky dictionary...

RSS is the reactive slingshot - I can overloadmy maxes by about 5-10%, I also have the original slingshot or OSS which can overload up to 20% but until I benchsomething respectable, the RSS is a good fit for overload.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Blocky said:

Redstone was just saying that she needed a Blocky dictionary...

RSS is the reactive slingshot - I can overloadmy maxes by about 5-10%, I also have the original slingshot or OSS which can overload up to 20% but until I benchsomething respectable, the RSS is a good fit for overload.

AAAAAH! A slingshot is the next item on my list (although I'm probably borrowing a friend's one for a while).

• Like 1

i'll trade your ozzy heat for this massachusetts snow? yeah?

i know you pronounce it ozzy but do you just still spell it aussie? can i just spell it ozzy and also be cool like you? B) 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

i know you pronounce it ozzy but do you just still spell it aussie? can i just spell it ozzy and also be cool like you? B) 

I've wondered the same thing, like, every day.

• Like 1

Most of the plebs here just say 'Straya' apparently we can't string all the vowels and shit together.

However, if you want to write Ozzie - then it's with an 'ie' and not a 'y' because reasons...

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Blocky said:

Most of the plebs here just say 'Straya' apparently we can't string all the vowels and shit together.

However, if you want to write Ozzie - then it's with an 'ie' and not a 'y' because reasons...

So much to learn...

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Blocky said:

Straya?!

Thank you for the clarification! Now I can show off to all my american friends how worldy and cool I am.

• Like 1

On 17/02/2017 at 1:27 PM, wvuengineer said:

are those pictures in a personal home gym? Because it looks like someplace I would want to train all the time

Yep... that's my pride and joy. It's brilliant until summer hits and then it gets to ridiculous temperatures.

Friday:

Today was super shitty and super cool. My boss roped me in to lifting 70+ 20kg solar panels onto the roof of the gym - 1 of us loaded them into the lifty crane thing (which only held 5 at time) and then the other was up on the roof unloading them. So I started with 20ish solar panel clean and jerks to load them and then becausemy boss was finding it difficult to unload them at the top, I went up and unloaded the other 50 which required a squatty deadlifty type movement with some fun twisting and jerking motions. All in the full heat of the day which was super fun.

I was exhausted when I got home and my hands were full of aluminium splinters... and then it was deadlift time! Yay! I pounded down 2 gatorades and a pepsi plus some pre-workout just so I felt vaguely more human.

Screenshot_2017_02_19_16_57_47_1.png

I rushed my deadlifts so I could get them done before I ran out of steam and somehow ended up with a rep PR. I nixed the downsets and halved the accessories because tired.