• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Blocky

Blocky does some tinkering...

1 minute ago, Leigh said:

That game there reminds me of Heroes of Might and Magic

Funny you say that... it's considered by many to be the precursor to M&M (same group of developers)

2 minutes ago, Leigh said:

As another kid who had a garbage computer way past its prime (Commodores Amiga 2000 in use in 1995) I get nostalgic for my old games. Hell I had a TMNT game for that sucker! Was on like six 3" discs mind you... Hahaha

When I was super young we had friends that were running a C64. All  the games were text only:

\n

you go north

\n

you go north, fall off a cliff.. game over

Aww neat! I was terrible at the game, heck I'm pretty bad at most strategy type games, but I liked watching my brother play them :)

Sent from my LG-K210 using Tapatalk

When I was super young we had friends that were running a C64. All  the games were text only:

\n

you go north

\n

you go north, fall off a cliff.. game over

Hunt the Wumpus was an excellent example of those games. I liked them because they were like choose your own adventure books but you had to guess at the commands to do stuff.

Sent from my LG-K210 using Tapatalk

13 minutes ago, Leigh said:

Hunt the Wumpus was an excellent example of those games. I liked them because they were like choose your own adventure books but you had to guess at the commands to do stuff.

Yep. The guesswork was part of the fun. Strangely enough, even though I played them 20 something years ago, I still remember them vividly.

I'm going to do some googling and see if I can track them down....

For anyone who wants to jump on the nostalgia train, I found this website: http://www.ifiction.org/games/index.php?cat=44

You can play the text games online without an emulator.

@Leigh this site has Hunt the Wumpus on it.

The game I was remembering was the one called Adventureland. A basic treaure hunt type game. There is also one called The Count which is a vampire based one. As a 9 year old, I found these quite hard.

Edited by Blocky
adding stuff

Had a super good day today... which is rare for me...

I was super worried about my back going into today's deadlifts, my back has been a nightmare for a couple of days now and I've been pounding NSAID's like they are going on the banned list (looking forward to the hyperacidity that's coming).

Hit all the numbers I'd planned to and so far, I feel great. I'll probably be a bit sore tomorrow but it's not the hospital ride that I was thinking it might be...

Screenshot_2017_03_10_18_34_36_1.png

I was going to say that I have no idea why it came good... but I'm sure the reason is the extra incentive to hit perfect technique at all times. Everything felt locked in and crisp. I got a small niggle of pain on the seconds set of 175kg deadlifts, but it didn't come back on the 3rd set. The 5 x 5 bock pulls are the same weight as last week, but felt super easy compared the last friday's shitshow.

You can click through to see the block pulls and light squats.

No toy per se today, but here's a pic of the ocarina I bought so I can play the tunes from Zelda OOT...

20170310_183557_1.jpg

All in all, today was a nice distraction from an otherwise tough week.

• Like 6

Got out of bed fearing the worst after yesterday's effort... but everything is still cool. Lower back feels better but still have a slight burning pain in my glutes and quad (guessing my disc is bulging again).

Today was benchy bench. No pics or vids due to boring sub max stuff.

Screenshot_2017_03_11_15_24_42_1.png

Today's toy - Domo dressed as the Flash:

20170311_152900_1.jpg

• Like 3

I budget 2 hours, but that last one was pretty quick at about 80min. I was zooming all over the place and everything except 5x5 bench was supersetted

• Like 2

Challenge Wrap-up:

Goals:

Do core work 4 or more times a week: +1 CON for 16 core sessions, +1 extra CON for 24 sessions (ie; 6 x weekly), +1 WIS if I can make this a habit.

I need to stretch or do low level movement after my heavy lifting, I also need to take my supplements (Vit D, fish oil, curcumin). +1 WIS if I remember 20+ days.

I need to add more protein in directly after training and a bit more later at night on lifting days. +1 WIS if I can make this a habit

Outcome:

Core work done at least 4x week (nearly 6x but not quite). +1 CON +1 WIS

Stretching and supps - Didn't do much in the way of cool downs... was fairly good with supps but kinda forgot about the fishoil. No points.

More protein - ate a little more and remembered to stuff in some late night protein. +1 WIS

Things to roll over from the last few challenges:

Continue to accumulate PR's: +1 STR for every 4 PR's.

Stay disciplined with morning activity: +1 CON for getting 4x weekly, +1 extra CON if I manage 6x weekly.

Continue to lose weight: +1 CON for each kg (not expecting too much here as I'm eating more food now).

Lose the double chin: +1 CHA.

Outcome:

PR's - 3 rep PR's, 1 max PR, +1 STR

Morning activity - 5x weekly, +1 CON

Weight loss - managed to get down to 94kg for the PVP but have crept back up over the last week to 95ish. So,down 2 as of today. +2 CON

Double chin - still present. No points.

Mini challenges: +2.5 WIS, +1 CON, +1STR. Didn't get +1 CHA cos I forgot to link to my video of my deads (I got it onto youtube and then just forgot about it)

Challenge: Calling it a win

Stats: +5 CON, +2 STR, +4.5 WIS

• Like 2

On 15/03/2017 at 7:50 PM, CourtnieMarie said:

awesome work, block! you are just casually killing it over here.

I only just saw this cos apparently I just dumped this challenge and moved on.