Terra chases the Cat’s Meow

Terra

The dictionary defines the cat’s meow as a highly admired person or thing, so lets play with a Catwoman theme shall we??? 

3301a7f06930b2253a4bfca9a9a255bf.jpg

What is it that I desire?  I highly desire to be more physically fit than I am right now.  I’ve been in a holding pattern for months and that needs to change now. 

Spoiler

CatWoman bio:

Indeed, Selina Kyle has led many lives as the feline fatale Catwoman—but one thing remains the same: Whenever this cat crosses your path, she's equally likely to steal your heart as well as your wallet.

Growing up an orphan in one of Gotham’s worst neighborhoods, Selina turned to a life of crime to not only keep herself alive but her friends as well. The vivacious villainess elevated cat burglary to an art form, stealing whatever may be necessary—and sometimes even more—to survive and protect those closest to her. Utilizing a cat mask and suit to steal from the city’s rich and corrupt, she's a master at hand-to-hand combat and acrobatics, stealthy as a ninja and an expert at breaking and entering.

However, despite her burglarious nature and antagonistic origins, Catwoman walks a fine line between hero and villain. She balances precariously on the precipice of good and evil, of doing the wrong thing for the arguably right reasons. And as such, Selina doesn't look at the world in black and white, but shades of gray.

Source: http://www.dccomics.com/characters/catwoman

So what am I going to do different? I am going to focus on the process of losing a few pounds.  I say the process because I have no control over the outcomes but I can control my inputs.  So what can I control??  I can control my food intake.  I can control my exercise levels.  I can control when I get to bed (but not how well I sleep.)  I can do things to lower my stress levels.  I can focus on the positive things in life. 

So what are CatWoman’s abilities and Terra’s goals??? 

• Acrobatics and peak human strength –> First and foremost this is about doing my PT.  Secondary to this is some form of strength conditioning/training.  Plan is TBD after my Friday appointment with my orthopedic doctor!

• Martial Arts – Jui-Jitsu -> Well this is a no-brainer, more BJJ!

• Stealth -> I will quietly sneak up on my bed time!  I would like to get to a solid 10:30pm bedtime if the next day is a workday. 

• Thievery -> I will steal time every week to de-stress and do some kind of self-care! This can include activities like de-cluttering my home, hiking (when the mud goes away) and taking a relaxing bath. 

• Feline Empathy -> I will revisit gratitude and share my kitty empathy with every post here! 

• Bullwhip Proficiency -> To whip me into better shape I will bit hitting the catnip heavily this challenge!  I will add one extra veggie to my daily food intake each week, so one more serving per day in week one, two more servings per day in week 2 and so on.  I will also add in one seafood meal each week.

• BONUS: That costume is skintight and protecting with retractable claws and spring action boots! She is prepared for just about anything in that outfit.  -> I have a few 5K races that I would like to do this year and so a little bit of running will help me fit into my Cat-suit someday!!! 

I am positive that this challenge is the one where I get out of comfort zone and start making progress forward. 

770b7085e4da6a1b39096562ae54c24e.jpg

• Like 8

Ranger-Monk Hybrid

I am a strong little powerhouse 

Current Challenge: Keeping it Simple

What a  purrrrfect set of goals.

Image result for catwoman gif

• Like 4

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Looks like a solid challenge!  Whenever I've aimed for an earlier bedtime, herbal tea + melatonin + electronics off 1 hour before bed + reading usually helps a lot.  I'm not sure what your routine will be, but a solid bedtime routine really does help.  

• Like 2

Level 30? who the hell knows anymore? Direwolf Assassin/Ranger - current challenge

ACL rehab thread      2016 parkour

My tutorials:

handbalancing: crow, flying crow, side crow, crow->headstand->crow  Bo staff: strikes 1 2 3, spins 1 2

22 hours ago, Marauder said:

Might I boldly recommend meditation at bedtime.  Thievery and Stealth double play...

10 hours ago, Nymeria said:

Looks like a solid challenge!  Whenever I've aimed for an earlier bedtime, herbal tea + melatonin + electronics off 1 hour before bed + reading usually helps a lot.  I'm not sure what your routine will be, but a solid bedtime routine really does help.  

These are both good suggestions.  I haven't done much meditation lately, might be a good thing to try again.  As for reading, it is part of the problem for me.  I fall into a book and surface 3 hours later when I finish it...  Thank you both for  the ideas!!!

Random goal review from the last two days...  BJJ was done last night.  I worked with a noob and it was OK, but today I have some light brusing on my chest.  I didn't stay for conditioning class because I hadn't eaten much during the day due to dental work.  This morning was PT for my shoulder and its tender now, but I still want to go to BJJ class.  I just need to find someone smaller to work with tonight!  Food is going good.  Coffee is down to one cup a day with green tea filling in my caffeine gaps. I'm looking at my food choices this week to see where I can add in some veggies next week.  I'm late posting today because I rushed though work so I could come home and hang out with a kiddo.  I brought some research materials home so I could work while I was here with Titanium Mickey, she has a nasty cold!  I'm off again to finish reading a little bit more and then changing into some spats for BJJ class!  

FYI >> Spats = tight leggings and tops worn under a Gi.  

• Like 6

Ranger-Monk Hybrid

Solid plans! :D I agree that bedtime routine is a great thing, but I also have the same issue of reading at bedtime. What I've been doing instead is actually writing in my journal. I end up with a build up of.... thoughts throughout the day that after I've spent some time to write them down (reminders for tomorrow, things that went well during the day, what we learned/trained in classes, etc.), I feel a mental release, like a weight I didn't know was on my brain just lifts, and it's easier for my thoughts to just settle down. I dunno how it would work for you (or anyone else), as everyone is different, but it's something I've discovered recently and found really works well for me. 

On 2/6/2017 at 6:34 PM, Terra said:

So what am I going to do different? I am going to focus on the process of losing a few pounds.  I say the process because I have no control over the outcomes but I can control my inputs.

I just want to say that this is my absolute favorite thing I've ever read. I love it. So much. <3

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Terra said:

These are both good suggestions.  I haven't done much meditation lately, might be a good thing to try again.  As for reading, it is part of the problem for me.  I fall into a book and surface 3 hours later when I finish it...  Thank you both for  the ideas!!!

Random goal review from the last two days...  BJJ was done last night.  I worked with a noob and it was OK, but today I have some light brusing on my chest.  I didn't stay for conditioning class because I hadn't eaten much during the day due to dental work.  This morning was PT for my shoulder and its tender now, but I still want to go to BJJ class.  I just need to find someone smaller to work with tonight!  Food is going good.  Coffee is down to one cup a day with green tea filling in my caffeine gaps. I'm looking at my food choices this week to see where I can add in some veggies next week.  I'm late posting today because I rushed though work so I could come home and hang out with a kiddo.  I brought some research materials home so I could work while I was here with Titanium Mickey, she has a nasty cold!  I'm off again to finish reading a little bit more and then changing into some spats for BJJ class!  

FYI >> Spats = tight leggings and tops worn under a Gi.  

Breathe...

• Like 2

Last night's BJJ class was awesome.  My gi was totally soaked!!!  I was a little worried about my shoulder but it moved just fine.  And I popped my chin on someones shoulder, a good reminder to get me a mouth guard!  I was working with another gal who is a blue belt.  She joined our gym while I was sidelined with my knee and not rolling at all.  She paid me several compliments last night the best one being this "I was trying to sweep you, but I couldn't" She has been doing BJJ about a year longer that I have and I have learned a lot by watching her over the last 8 months.  Techniques are slowly coming out of my brain and I an figuring out how to do them with my own body.   Professor complimented my skill level, which is huge!!!  I truly wonder if I am doing as well as I am because I have watched so many classes and analyzed the techniques by pulling apart the things that I have seen others do wrong.  Maybe not wrong techniques but I have seen things that weren't optimal and being on the smaller side I have to optimize my strengths.  

Food is going good although I did break down and eat a square of chocolate!  I got to bed at 10:30 last night and took a minute to just sit and breathe before getting into bed.  I remember the meditation technique that lets me clear my mind by stilling my body and then listening to my thoughts.  I take each thought, accept the thought, put it where it belongs in my mind and then let it go.  This way eventually no more thoughts pop up and my mind can be calm.  It takes me back to my days of yoga classes...  

Gratitude is something that I need to remember to post here!  I am grateful that professor decided to take a chance and move his BJJ practice to our little town 1.5 years ago.  We are truly blessed to have such an amazing instructor and he is a wonderful friend!!!  

• Like 7

Ranger-Monk Hybrid

35 minutes ago, Terra said:

Gratitude is something that I need to remember to post here!  I am grateful that professor decided to take a chance and move his BJJ practice to our little town 1.5 years ago.  We are truly blessed to have such an amazing instructor and he is a wonderful friend!!!  

It becomes a second family. It's really awesome. <3

• Like 1

BJJ and Conditioning classes were both attended last night.  Food is on track.  Sleep was a miss, but I took time to take a bath (and read) which is why I missed my bed time.  

Today has me running, so optimal food choices is necessary.  I'm headed to ABQ tonight with my girls so it will be crazy, like herding cats! 

811a07d2279e7817c6542c62cb5f7d9b.jpg

• Like 6

Ranger-Monk Hybrid

On 2/8/2017 at 11:10 AM, Terra said:

Techniques are slowly coming out of my brain and I an figuring out how to do them with my own body.   Professor complimented my skill level, which is huge!!!  I truly wonder if I am doing as well as I am because I have watched so many classes and analyzed the techniques by pulling apart the things that I have seen others do wrong.

Maybe all of the watching helped.  Maybe you're just naturally very good at BJJ.  Either way, keep up the great work!

• Like 1

Level 30? who the hell knows anymore? Direwolf Assassin/Ranger - current challenge

My tutorials:

handbalancing: crow, flying crow, side crow, crow->headstand->crow  Bo staff: strikes 1 2 3, spins 1 2

How was ABQ?

Good luck on week 1.

• Like 1

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Following! Catwoman is pretty damn awesome and probably my favorite DC female.

I thought this pic was wicked sweet:

CTW_Cv36.jpg

Wolf

"Maximum Effort!"

• Like 3

Wild Wolf- LEVEL 2 (but probably more like lvl 50 if I didn't respawn so much)

Class: Howler/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 192#

Stats: MIGHT: 12 / CONSTITUTION: 9 / DEXTERITY: 11 / PERCEPTION: 10 / INTELLECT: 9 / RESOLVE: 13

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Omnis Vir Lupus

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

Good News:  My knee doctor said I was good to go back to all the normal things in my life.  I've got one more appointment with the PT and then I think I'll be let loose on the world.  I'm still a little hesitant because of the unbalanced strength profile in my legs but that will even out with exercise and time.  

Bad News: I am in heavy plague protocol mode today.  I started feeling a cold kick in on Friday, and today I am just down for the count.  I have some broth in the fridge, stew in the crockpot and a hot bath is calling my name.  So I all goals are on hold for now!!! Good food and rest is my focus.  

sleepy-cat.gif

• Like 8

Ranger-Monk Hybrid

Sorry about the plague, and I'm glad you got cleared for your knee.

• Like 1

A three hour nap, bone broth, lots of tea with honey, beef stew and 8 hours of sleep yesterday.  

Today I feel mostly human!  I'm at work today but will hide in my office most of the day to prevent contamination of others.   And if I need to go home early to take a nap I will do it. Its 9am and I can already feel this cold dragging me down.  So I'm off to make a cup of tea and hide in the corner of the conference room for an hour, my only meeting today, and then I can hide the rest of the day!!!  

3021416-poster-p-1-how-a-cup-of-tea-make

• Like 5

Ranger-Monk Hybrid

I'm glad you're feeling a bit better!  Hopefully, you'll be back to 100% soon.

Great news with the knee!  Yeah, the legs will be unbalanced for a bit, but you'll regain the strength quickly enough.  And it's not like the surgery leg is weak.  It just is a little weaker than the other.  At this point, the hardest thing you're going to have to deal with is getting over the mental hurdles.  Just be patient with yourself, and let yourself ease into moves that scare you.  

• Like 5

My tutorials:

On 2/6/2017 at 4:34 PM, Terra said:

So what am I going to do different? I am going to focus on the process of losing a few pounds.  I say the process because I have no control over the outcomes but I can control my inputs. 

On 2/8/2017 at 6:45 AM, SkiBlue said:

I just want to say that this is my absolute favorite thing I've ever read. I love it. So much. <3

I've been such a mess lately (crazy work and then the plague) but I wanted to come back to this^^

@SkiBlue this is one of the most important things I have learned in life.  I know that I can control two things: 1 - what I put into life and 2- how I respond to things.   I can provide all the things that a seed needs to grow (soil, water, nutrients, mild temps and light) but sometimes it wont grow. I know that I did everything in my power to provide the seed with what it needed.  Yet it didn't grow.  Life is like that sometimes.  This is why you will never see me make a goal of losing some number of pounds.  Because despite doing all the right things my body may not give up those pounds for whatever reason.  I'm seeing a functional doctor because I suspect that there is something I can not see/understand that is preventing my body from being optimal.   So I choose to not let a lack of perceived progress get me down.  In my stressed out and slightly battered system things are moving slowly and yet when the time is right, the stars will align and change will happen.  And in the mean time I will constantly seek to improve my inputs, because I deserve the very best of what I can do and provide.  Doing the best for me (and my family) makes me happy.  

I missed my gratitude statements the last few days and I am grateful for so very much!!!   

• Like 5

Ranger-Monk Hybrid

I am so very grateful that I am feeling better today.  I don't feel the need for medication to get me functional today.  YEAH!   

Unfortunately this is the part of the week where school meetings will prevent me from attending BJJ and conditioning class.  But I will do other things at home to slowly ease myself back into exercise.  I've been out of class for a week now due to other priorities and the plague.  By Friday I'll be itching for classes!!!  Tonight after the middle-school intro (eeeek!) I'll do a strong session of my PT exercises and look through the many lifting programs that I have collected and decide which one is right for me to start with now.  I have access to many free weights and a bench at the gym and a few dumbbells at home, but maybe I'll start with something bodyweight, don't know just yet!  I do know that I need a plan that I can put into place that fits with my busy life!!!  

Food has been a little off the last few days but I've been feeding my cold.  Today it gets back to normal!!!  

I fell asleep on the couch last night and didn't get to bed till almost midnight.  :(  

Veggies just haven't been on my radar yet this week..  Must change that today!!! 

I am grateful that I have no meetings today and I can focus on some research reading this morning.  I will find out tomorrow if I am going to Washington DC next week (nothing like those last minute decisions, ugh!) So my plans must be flexible right now to account for the unknown...  

And I'm off to make a cup of tea, find some good music and read some regulatory documents - wish me luck in not falling asleep!  ;)

• Like 6

Ranger-Monk Hybrid