• Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

ixaera

ixaera does not break~

Recommended Posts

I might be lumbar-CHALLENGED but I'm not staying down.

 

I'm not sure what this challenge will involve fitness-wise yet, except to say that there will be steps/walking and Whatever The Doc Says On Friday. That, therefore, will not be the focus. Goal: Stay positive, stay productive, and

 

125918-stop-whining-gif-Imgur-gfycat-4CH

 

(Lack of whining not guaranteed.)

 

Diet

No focus on protein or intake, since I am not supporting any weight training or activity at the moment and don't know the future just yet on that. Suffice to say I'll separately track for maintenance on both, increasing with any increase in activity.

Instead, vegetable 3x per day.

Drink 40 oz water a day at minimum (might as well play with hydration goals as something to do) 

 

Life

3x chores daily

2 household goals per week

1 decor upgrade per week

 

Sanctuary

Upgrade the lady cave into a pleasant ixaera habitat

 

Fitness

WHO KNOWS?! I'll probably just track it here once I get the what-do

 

 

NEWAYZ

3D-Samuel-L.-Jackson-Jedi-Knight-Freakin

 

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

tumblr_inline_ny8n2s5odN1rzell3_540.gif

 

I love the decor upgrade goal! I am a sucker for aesthetics and am always looking for excuses to troll through asiles of discount homegoods. I am particularly fond of casually draped blankets and perfectly cozy pillows. ^.^

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RedStone said:

DAMN F*ING STRAIGHT YOU DON'T BREAK GIRL <3

 

IF I SAY IT LOUD ENOUGH MY BACK WILL LISTEN

 

1 hour ago, Urgan said:

Here for things and stuff.

 

HIIIIIIIIIII

 

1 hour ago, Emerald_Dragonfly said:

Couldn't find an Unbreakable gif that I liked.  But here is Bruce Willis.

 

giphy.gif

 

Approval: Granted

 

(though my long-standing BW crush began with The Fifth Element)

1 hour ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

lady. cave. 

 

tumblr_m40qzaeCoZ1qm7z89o1_500.gif

 

:3

Men get caves, I get a room that sounds like a euphemism

 

56 minutes ago, Koaladle said:

I love the decor upgrade goal! I am a sucker for aesthetics and am always looking for excuses to troll through asiles of discount homegoods. I am particularly fond of casually draped blankets and perfectly cozy pillows. ^.^

 

TRUEFAX I HATE DECORATING

I am the worst at it, I have no eye for it, and as a result my house of 4 years has a lot of bare walls, mismatched everything, and not enough storage to keep the clutter avalanches at bay. It is a much needed challenge!

 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, ixaera said:

idk what I am doing

 

(I posted a thing in the wrong thread and I can't delete this vOv)

 

Just blame it on Monday.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ixaera said:

I am the worst at it, I have no eye for it, and as a result my house of 4 years has a lot of bare walls, mismatched everything, and not enough storage to keep the clutter avalanches at bay. It is a much needed challenge!

 

braid-sisters-from-tangled.jpg

Me rn. :D

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, AugustaAdaByron said:

Or/and replace it with a gif! ;) 

 

Annnd done lol

 

Sigh, I am going CRAZY wondering what the doc is gonna say Friday and I keep googling bulged disc rehab and it is NOT HELPING ME (so stop it, me)

 

I polished off that half pound bag of candy hearts yesterday yep

thanks shark week

thanks for that

 

(I want another bag, but we will not be doing that today)

 

Some pages say that you should take off months from lifting.

 

Me internally

Shut-up-scream-gif.gif

 

I mean, we're gonna do what we gotta do, and if I have to permanently replace some lifts with something else, then I guess that's what we do. 

 

Meanwhile, for zero week, my one goal is to get the bathroom clean. And to not go get another half pound bag of sugar candies.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, ixaera said:

Some pages say that you should take off months from lifting.

 

Me internally

Shut-up-scream-gif.gif

 

...sounds like the kind of off time required by major surgery to me. Rods and pins stuff. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The world will not end. I mean I can't promise it won't end. All I know is I didn't lift for 2-3 months because I was a lazy stressed out person and the world didn't end. 

 

I do remember being stressed out that I was losing ALL MUH GAINS. That's a normal fear. But it turned out I didn't turn into a limp noodle. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, ixaera said:

I polished off that half pound bag of candy hearts yesterday yep

 

 

My favorite ones are the yellow ones.  I swear they taste different and better than the other ones, kind of like a marshmallow peep, but not.

 

*holds breath until friday* *not really but you know* *good luck!!!!!*

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, ixaera said:

 

IF I SAY IT LOUD ENOUGH MY BACK WILL LISTEN

 

 

1 hour ago, ixaera said:

 

Shut-up-scream-gif.gif

 

I think you've got it!!! Just a few more days. Hang in.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Urgan said:

 

...sounds like the kind of off time required by major surgery to me. Rods and pins stuff. 

 

Right?? I'm actually encountering a lot of conflicting information and it'll be interesting to see where Doc stands on it. Mainly my plan is push for non-invasive treatments (because I know I can be trusted to Do The Plan and it'll be long term healthier than cutting into my flesh yikes) and find a new doc immediately if he starts with "let's schedule a surgery"

 

3 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

The world will not end. I mean I can't promise it won't end. All I know is I didn't lift for 2-3 months because I was a lazy stressed out person and the world didn't end. 

 

I do remember being stressed out that I was losing ALL MUH GAINS. That's a normal fear. But it turned out I didn't turn into a limp noodle. 

 

MAH GAINZ

I'm a teensy bit vain and was digging the recent changes in the mirror so I'm sulking as they slowly soften out from lack of pump

(talk about a silly reason to be sad)

 

3 hours ago, shaar said:

 

My favorite ones are the yellow ones.  I swear they taste different and better than the other ones, kind of like a marshmallow peep, but not.

 

*holds breath until friday* *not really but you know* *good luck!!!!!*

 

For me it's the pinks! Please breathe!! <3

 

2 hours ago, calanthrophy said:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who saw "lady cave" and snickered.

 

Totally intentional. :) Maybe I'll paint it pink... (no, probably not)

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, ixaera said:

Right?? I'm actually encountering a lot of conflicting information and it'll be interesting to see where Doc stands on it. Mainly my plan is push for non-invasive treatments (because I know I can be trusted to Do The Plan and it'll be long term healthier than cutting into my flesh yikes) and find a new doc immediately if he starts with "let's schedule a surgery"

 

YMMV, but I think you COULD do feet-on-bench and what all accessories, graduating slowly to the other compound lifts BW first, then empty bar, etc. beginning now, however waiting to see if Doc has earth-shattering insight that has yet to be bestowed on you is sensible enough given he has not yet proven himself untrustworthy. Months off is kookoo given you're ambulatory and all, stop reading teh WebMDs or you'll give yourself a major case on undeserved anxiety. Besides, I doubt you need much help there, yeah? Why it has to be so long for a followup is just mean. Ah well. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Urgan said:

 

YMMV, but I think you COULD do feet-on-bench and what all accessories, graduating slowly to the other compound lifts BW first, then empty bar, etc. beginning now, however waiting to see if Doc has earth-shattering insight that has yet to be bestowed on you is sensible enough given he has not yet proven himself untrustworthy. Months off is kookoo given you're ambulatory and all, stop reading teh WebMDs or you'll give yourself a major case on undeserved anxiety. Besides, I doubt you need much help there, yeah? Why it has to be so long for a followup is just mean. Ah well. 

 

I was up for this by Sunday this week, but Mr Ix frowned a lot so I'm compromising for his peace of mind at the moment. (This being a nice feet-up bench day with some db rows or something.) Also, I'm 100% sure I cannot do the other compound lifts traditional style yet. Spinal compression is right out, and probably will be for a while longer. Before the debilitating stuck-on-the-bed-because-literally-cannot-get-up pain, I'd only done light squats on the safety bar a full 24 hours prior, so there is a real problem with nerve impingement, unfortunately, and I really, really, really dare not poke this bear. (I needed help to put on my pants. I do not want to be in that position again if I can help it.)

 

At current, I'm running at about 85% pain free, and stuff gets achey later in the day depending on how much I've sat in a chair or leaned over (to pick something up from the floor or put away the dishes on the bottom rack, etc). I cannot use a chair nearly as much as I was pre-injury, because the spasms begin to return. I HAVE stopped taking the muscle relaxers because they aren't needed for functionality anymore.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, that's what I meant, eventually you'll be working back into some/all of the movements...but for now it's definitely a personal call since nobody else can know how you feel. You're slowly getting better and there's no reason to risk that this week.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Urgan said:

Yeah, that's what I meant, eventually you'll be working back into some/all of the movements...but for now it's definitely a personal call since nobody else can know how you feel. You're slowly getting better and there's no reason to risk that this week.

 

I've been considering things like my programming choices vs my recovery and I think I have probably made plenty of mistakes that may have led me to this point or upped the risk. When I can get back to it, I'm going in with a simple program and with more focus on recovery, i.e. figuring out my intake windows a little better. I think I'm challenged by inconsistent extra-lifting activities and that screws with my ability to adequately judge how much to eat. I can't rely on hunger signals because mine have been broken for as long as I can remember.

 

Someday I hope to be a lot less hard on myself, without actually just letting myself go. Seriously, the middle ground is the hardest part.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ixaera said:

 

I've been considering things like my programming choices vs my recovery and I think I have probably made plenty of mistakes that may have led me to this point or upped the risk. When I can get back to it, I'm going in with a simple program and with more focus on recovery, i.e. figuring out my intake windows a little better. I think I'm challenged by inconsistent extra-lifting activities and that screws with my ability to adequately judge how much to eat. I can't rely on hunger signals because mine have been broken for as long as I can remember.

 

Someday I hope to be a lot less hard on myself, without actually just letting myself go. Seriously, the middle ground is the hardest part.

 

The KISS principle is best when trying to get back to loading your spine. Fewer variables to contend with when diagnosing pain/discomfort, since the whole thing will be a process that carries some risk. And who can be against a focus on recovery? No one, that's who.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, ixaera said:

 

Sanctuary

Upgrade the lady cave into a pleasant ixaera habitat

 

 

 

I recently did this - took my master suite and turned it into "spezzy sanctuary". one of the best decisions i've ever made. excited to see how yours turns out!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, spezzy said:

 

I recently did this - took my master suite and turned it into "spezzy sanctuary". one of the best decisions i've ever made. excited to see how yours turns out!

 

Decorating is truly a realm where I Have No Idea What I Am Doing, so I'm a wee bit terrified, but excited to make it really my own!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.