• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

ixaera

ixaera does not break~

Thank you guys

And sorry for the silence

I have almost not forumed at all

I'm still alive. I'm eating like an asshole, I haven't really tracked in 2 days, I really haven't done much besides play video games. I made it to the elliptical one time, and I did leg day this morning, so not totally just flailing around.

The funeral is tomorrow. So is the start of Whole 30, so my first day of that will be figuring out how to take that diet on the road, since the funeral is also a 5 hour drive away. So no work tomorrow. And 10 hours in a car with a not-quite-healed back (which is getting better and better still, there's lots I still can't do without regrets but new things all the time that I can). I'm still doing a 3x8 bodyweight Bulgarian split squat thing at the end of leg day to get the balance down for when I can finally add dumbbells.

I hate losing an hour, work is going to be insane this week, Shark Week should start in about 30 minutes, there's a wedding Saturday and a family thing (different family) Sunday, and I ended up cancelling Pi Day Tuesday b/c there's just no effing way

I wrote this whole thing with my right ear on the pillow behind me

Can I just find a rock and hide under it til next Monday instead? 

If someone finds a rock about my size, please go ahead and get started on carving out a hollow for me I'll be right there to help

no really

can I just opt out of a week?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, ixaera said:

Can I just find a rock and hide under it til next Monday instead? 

If someone finds a rock about my size, please go ahead and get started on carving out a hollow for me I'll be right there to help

no really

can I just opt out of a week?

I know that feel. Sympathies, all of them. 

• Like 1

No apologies necessary. 

And you are so kick ass you are going to start whole 30 on a very rough day. 

I always thinking losing an hour is not going to be so bad, but really it is miserable. I am giving myself a free pass to drink as much coffee as i want today. I hope work is not too miserable for you. 

If my time machine experiments are finally successful I will certainly transport you to next week. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

I always thinking losing an hour is not going to be so bad, but really it is miserable.

Agreed. We have FLYING ROBOTS for sale to the general public but we haven't gotten the good sense to abolish these worthless time changes yet. The future is here, and it is stupid.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, calanthrophy said:

Agreed. We have FLYING ROBOTS for sale to the general public but we haven't gotten the good sense to abolish these worthless time changes yet. The future is here, and it is stupid.

This made me LOL for real. 

• Like 2

On 3/13/2017 at 8:47 AM, calanthrophy said:

On 3/13/2017 at 8:59 AM, Taddea Zhaan said:

This made me LOL for real. 

ME TOO.

Literal LOL

On 3/13/2017 at 6:59 AM, Taddea Zhaan said:

No apologies necessary. 

And you are so kick ass you are going to start whole 30 on a very rough day. 

I always thinking losing an hour is not going to be so bad, but really it is miserable. I am giving myself a free pass to drink as much coffee as i want today. I hope work is not too miserable for you. 

If my time machine experiments are finally successful I will certainly transport you to next week. 

The fact that it's still Tuesday is suggesting you can't transport me because of some paradox. Good luck out there in your time adventures!

Anyway, yesterday was a failure. Well, a success Whole 30 wise?????? But probably as gently successful as you can be without completely destroying the spirit of the program. It turns out you guys that ALL BEEF JERKY (at least, all 20 brands I inspected in all the truck stops from here to Midland) contain sugar or soy sauce, and this was my Plan A, B, and C for protein on the road yesterday. I ended up managing to find ONE packet of tuna that didn't have soy or sugar (gas stations aren't as diverse on tuna selection, oddly). I had an apple with sunbutter before I left the house, then a larabar apple pie at my first stop. Then for "lunch" I had some almonds and tuna, and a banana and some carrots after I left the service. So low in protein and calories you guys.

Today is already off on a better foot, with some microwaved scrambled eggs. STRANGELY, my bench didn't suffer this morning, but I don't wanna push my luck there.

I'll write up a new challenge here in a while and hopefully catch up a little on forums (or try), work has piled up on me.

• Like 4

For some reason you popped into my brain this morning; glad to hear from you and that you're hanging in there in a shit-jerky-filled world....

(For all the A++ things about jerky, the additives are definitely not one of them.)

But now you have savvy Truck Stop Experience so there's that.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, shaar said:

For some reason you popped into my brain this morning; glad to hear from you and that you're hanging in there in a shit-jerky-filled world....

(For all the A++ things about jerky, the additives are definitely not one of them.)

But now you have savvy Truck Stop Experience so there's that.

I had never really noticed how basically all jerky has sugar on the label! It normally would not bother me, and I'll continue to eat it after the whole 30 but! surprising! (Is it necessary???? Would it taste like toe leather if it were sugar free?????)

8 hours ago, Urgan said:

Just driving to Midland should net you a gold star. That was HARD. 

I actually got an epic level headache about 2 hours in, and I already take 15 mg Meloxicam for my back... I went ahead and had a little ibuprofen but it did absolutely nothing at all, so I took a Zyrtec D (rightly diagnosing it as a sinus headache, probably from Being Allergic To March) around 12:30. Well, my head was MURDERING MY FACE when I finally got to my uncle's house and I spent the first 15 minutes finding something with acetaminophen. Mom's an angel who always has Excedrin on hand (which always seems to cut through everything and hit the headache for me, even cramps, even though I read some article about a study on something else being more effective... well sorry, not for me lol). Even that took almost a solid 2 hours to really work. My brother was suffering too, and he lucked out that I always have a stash of Zyrtec on hand (I swear this is not an advertisement)

Anyway, yeah, the driving sucked and I got home at nearly 11 and immediately passed out. Night driving is absolutely the worst.

26 minutes ago, Suzaqu said:

Belated hugs! Amazing job keeping the whole 30 going on the road in a stressful time.

I'm very stubborn. It is both a blessing and a curse. lol

New challenge up: 

For this one I'll leave it ungraded. I can't say it was a big success, nor can I say it was a failure. My lady cave got a little nicer (I'll finish that up sometime when funds are back together), I did chores, and I ate many cookies. Back to what works.

• Like 1