ixaera does not break~

freck

Wednesday I did things

Fruits & Vegetables

In order of appearance

Spinach in the scramble (lots of it)

Apple

Broccoli

Nearly acceptable, but at least there were three things, even if one was an apple and not a vegetable.

Water

Excellent

Chores

3/3

Maybe even 4/3, I worked hard enough. Dishes, did a lot of clearing in the lady cave (trying to split this one up since stuff that happens on the floor is harder on the back), cooked.

This week's house goals:

1. Clean the windows I can reach

2. Clear lady cave floor (includes vaccuuming) (1/2 done)

Decor upgrade:

Drapes, let's do this
(Been a bit shy spending money but I need to at least shop)

Re: decor, I realized I want wall mounted shelving in a dark brown finish with the curly flourishes on the bottom to match the flourishes on the light switch plates

But that may have to happen at a later date, along with additional art, because moneys. For now, drapes, tiny lights, and sheer fabric for the lights will have to do.

I've been pretty happy this challenge and I think having extra free time/game time helps with that a lot. I think this means that I can really only focus down one or two things at a time, which is annoying, but better happy than burned out, I suppose.

I WROTE DOWN THE WRONG TIME for my Airrosti today but luckily they had an opening when I thought it was. Phew. Ugh embarrassing though.

I pushed back upper back day to today, so that'll be in my Thursday check in. I probably aggravated my back futzing with the adjuster on the t-bar contraption.

Currently the ruleset is that I can add in Bulgarian split squats once I have had no pain at all for 2 whole weeks. If a week goes by and that added compression doesn't worsen anything, standing OHP. 2 more weeks after that, light squats. 4 more weeks, rack pulls, then trap deadlifts to test how I do with that much compression, before any attempts at conventional again. If at any point in the chain stuff hurts again, I back ALL the way off to where I am now and add back in slowly each week until I get to the exercise that renewed an issue, and I wait an extra week or two and try again.

You know, even if it never works and I'm stuck being a bodybuilder who bench presses, there's worse things?

• Like 4

Challenge Threads

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21

BATTLE LOG (Current)

MFP | Instagram

11 minutes ago, calanthrophy said:

That might be the point at which you get that adamantium spine I recommended some time ago.

Also at no point will I ever cease to be amused by the phrase "lady cave."

I keep asking for it but the Airrosti lady just chuckles like I'm joking or something.

And yeah, I assumed after I moved in 4 years ago and claimed it as the lady cave (following Mr Ix claiming the garage as his man cave, so obvious segue) that I would get tired of calling it that eventually. Nope.

• Like 4

Challenge Threads

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21

BATTLE LOG (Current)

MFP | Instagram

Work got a bit slow so I was doing some catching up on my youtube boyfriend, Mr. Thrall. I'm fascinated that lately he's been hanging out with guys that teach Rippetoe methods and getting a lot out of it (it surprises me because I know I've seen him talk highly of Rippetoe in long past videos, so I assumed he already knew all of this stuff, but I can see how years of doing what you think is working for you til it doesn't might override some of the wisdom gained from those books after a time) ANYWAY

today's video is all about the bench, and it made me feel less crazy because bench is the lift I've had the most luck with since pushing volume onto it, and here's Alan basically saying what I learned when I did that. (Basically, I just do better when I do it at least twice a week, and with some high numbers of sets every 2-3 weeks for one of those bench days. Before I did this, my bench did not like to move much at all.) Of course, my experience was stalling as a total noob around 65/66, then really seeing progress when I moved to 4x a week 5/3/1 with jokers and such. At one point, it seemed like I couldn't do too much, though it is not that point any more. my 5x5 / 5x3 weeks are definitely hitting my capacity right now (but I'm still seeing movement! just in a different context since I'm not really doing 5/3/1 with it right now)

• Like 1

Challenge Threads

BATTLE LOG (Current)

MFP | Instagram

Thursday

Fruits & Vegetables

In order of appearance

Banana

Broccoli

Onion/jalapeno/black beans

Not too shabby

Water

Barely

Chores

Did gut. 3/3. Laundry, cooking (2x), cleaned the windows on the backdoor

This week's house goals:

1. Clean the windows I can reach (like 1/10th done)

Decor upgrade:

Drapes, let's do this

Actually found some inexpensive drapes that also black out light in the right color and texture. If they are as good as they appear, I'll be buying a second set for the bedroom. They should arrive next week. SPEAKING OF THINGS THAT ARRIVED

b1n27bL.jpg?1

ART. Going to get Mr Ix to help me with the hanging. It goes right above where the screen goes on the standing desk so that I can gape at it anytime I want. I already know what I want for the next art, too.

Yesterday just did upper back day. Easy peasy.

Wide grip lat pulldowns

5x9 70 lbs

T-Bar Rows

5x8 12.5 lbs (on top of the mysterious bar weight, whatever that is)

I'm considering dropping to 3x a week while healing, because leg day and upper back/pull day are so quick. I could probably just combine them, then split them out again when I can do OHP.

So ready for my back to behave again. Airrosti lady found a nasty new knot bubble to pop yesterday and OH BOY did that hurt, but I left feeling much better again. She believes that raising tricep pushdown weight to 50 lbs may have caused me to round my back to pull the weight down, creating new exciting adventures in disktown. This is plausible to me, so I've opted to just stay at 40 lbs and up reps for now.

BUT SINCE I CAN'T LET THIS JOKE OPPORTUNITY PASS BY, IT'S LIKE THIS IS MY BACK:

b2c7dde3-d4f9-4f7a-8838-bdfd421e5735.gif

This morning was intensity bench, and my back doesn't think anything terrible is going on at the moment. (Pain is never hard to find if I seek it out, though, not that I would, that would be silly.)

• Like 8

Challenge Threads

BATTLE LOG (Current)

MFP | Instagram

Friday

Fruits & Vegetables

In order of appearance

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I had french fries?

Water

Yes

Chores

Not so good. Did dishes,that's about it.

This week's house goals:

1. Clean the windows I can reach (like 1/10th done)

Decor upgrade:

Drapes, let's do this

Yeah, I mostly just goofed off, then went to the pub with work friends and got drunk and ate brisket cheese fries. I hung up the tonberry picture?

I did get intensity bench in, though.

1x3 45 lbs

1x3 50 lbs

1x3 55 lbs

5x3 85 lbs

Finished it this time :3

Seated dumbbell press

1x5 24 lbs

3x8 40 lbs

Cable tricep pushdown (with rope attachment)

3x10 40 lbs

Pallof presses with the red band

3x10 seconds each side

Preacher DB curls

1x4 30 lbs

2x9 24 lbs

One arm standing DB press

3x9 15 lbs

Today a wedding shower and some cleaning I guess. I have done light elliptical already, 2 fruits, no veggies yet. :S I need like some broccoli and dip to get good veggies in, I think. Or maybe those dried snacking ones??

• Like 2

Challenge Threads

BATTLE LOG (Current)

MFP | Instagram

On 3/2/2017 at 4:03 PM, ixaera said:

Work got a bit slow so I was doing some catching up on my youtube boyfriend, Mr. Thrall. I'm fascinated that lately he's been hanging out with guys that teach Rippetoe methods and getting a lot out of it (it surprises me because I know I've seen him talk highly of Rippetoe in long past videos, so I assumed he already knew all of this stuff, but I can see how years of doing what you think is working for you til it doesn't might override some of the wisdom gained from those books after a time) ANYWAY

Do any of his new videos sound familiar, lol? Particularly the ones about deadlifting...

• Like 2

Level 13 Shape-shifting Warrior Monk

STR:45 | DEX:18 | STA:10 | CON:37 | WIS:37 | CHA:27

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Battle Log : MFP : Instagram : Challenges - 1, 23456789101112

On 3/4/2017 at 1:19 PM, Urgan said:

Do any of his new videos sound familiar, lol? Particularly the ones about deadlifting...

His old deadlifting videos confused me so much. As much as "kick the ground away" is helpful, "stand up with the bar" doesn't feel as helpful. I think when I at last get back to that, I'll be looking more at cues to help keep the back neutral most of all. I'm definitely going to need to pay close attention to great form if I want to ever do much of it.

Once I can compress my spine enough to do Real Lifting again, I've got a a plan to get back at it.

On 3/4/2017 at 2:56 PM, Emerald_Dragonfly said:

So happy for you that you are on a healing trajectory!!!  Yay!

ME TOO i just wish the healtrain rolled a little faster :)

I was about to ask if you know how tiring it is to sit on ice but then I realized... yes, I am very sure you do

• Like 2

Challenge Threads

BATTLE LOG (Current)

MFP | Instagram

This weekend

Fruits & Vegetables

In order of appearance

Doing not so great here, and my body knows it. 

Got some small doses via the taco bowl Saturday and a smoothie, but I've been eating a lot of sweets :( I'm almost wishing I hadn't put Whole 30 off so it could start with a NF challenge, because I need a cold turkey ass kicking with this stuff. (I think I am in no small part leaning on sugar as self medication for a consistently low mood lately, that I don't talk about that much, but there it is. Going to kick all fatty/sugary snacks to the curb tomorrow, then through the Whole 30 of course.)

Water

Yes

Chores

Not awesome, not awful. I had Too Much Social Going On this weekend and what happens is I get home and veg afterwards, like a proper introvert, because oh boy is being social draining. It also doesn't help that I'm stuck on the couch and Mr Ix is a TV hound and I get sucked in and then it's bedtime. I still did some things though.

This week's house goals:

1. Clean the windows I can reach (like 1/10th done) <-- it rained all weekend, so I thought today I should switch it to windowsills maybe, but then we went and saw Logan, I drank a glass of wine and came home feeling like no cleaning whatsoever, so this was ruint AGAIN sigh

2. Clear lady cave floor (includes vaccuuming)

Decor upgrade:

Drapes, let's do this

Drapes arrived today but I didn't put them up yet. One more week, which should feature putting up the drapes and finally finding some lil lights and drapey things for the walls :3 It looks better already, just still not quite put together.

Leg Day

I threw some extra rows in today. Next week just doing 3x and combining upper back & leg day to save myself 40 min of driving a week til I have more leg day to do.

Leg Extension

5x10 36 lbs

The 40 & 50 were still stuck to each other so I put dumbbells on there and set it to 30. Worked really well, but I probably need closer to 43 or something. Wonder if I can finagle a 10 lb and a 3 lb... if not, I'm sure 2x 5 lb and a 3 lb will all fit.

Superset with glute band walks

Leg Curls

5x8 45 lbs

Superset with some band pallof presses

T-Bar Rows

5x3 20 lbs (in addition to bar weight)

• Like 7

Challenge Threads

BATTLE LOG (Current)

MFP | Instagram

On 3/3/2017 at 9:17 AM, ixaera said:

BUT SINCE I CAN'T LET THIS JOKE OPPORTUNITY PASS BY, IT'S LIKE THIS IS MY BACK:

b2c7dde3-d4f9-4f7a-8838-bdfd421e5735.gif

This morning was intensity bench, and my back doesn't think anything terrible is going on at the moment. (Pain is never hard to find if I seek it out, though, not that I would, that would be silly.)

I miss the rack.  It feels good.

• Like 1

May Br0din bless you with mighty gains, and may your shaker bottle always be full.

Wheymen

...and, if you die...  Walk it off - Captain America

Level 13: 1/4 Giant Warrior

STR - 50 | DEX - 19 | STA - 19 | CON - 14 | WIS - 28 | CHA - 24

My food logging is here*: MFP: tyrsnbdr

Monday monday

Fruits & Vegetables

In order of appearance

Dried cranberries
BOTATO

ANOTHER BOTATO

carrots

onion

beer. hops is a vegetable, stardew valley told me so

Water

Yes! I am way too good at this so bumping to 50 oz next challenge.

Chores

Terribad. I cooked, and I cooked a lot but nothing else.

This week's house goals:

1. Clean window sills (we can do at least this, right??)

2. Clear bar area & vaccuum

Decor upgrade:

Get lights & fabric for walls!

Since I whine all the time today I bring you the I feel like $250,000 edition of my back update.

THAT'S RIGHT FOLKS, I FEEL LIKE A QUARTER MILLION BUCKS

which is, you know, not too bad. I still can't really hip hinge, sitting for long sucks (but doesn't appear to have such bad longer term effects), and I have a glute muscle that is still just angry as hell about everything, but I can rise from seated & laying, pick up the cat bowl, push the button on the floor for her heating pad, put away dishes, all without hurting, on this, the 6th week since getting stuck on the bed trying to put on pants.

And I think what relapsed me last Tuesday was actually flies and not triceps, because I noticed this morning when I lay down with the weights there's a mean feeling in my butt in the process that I don't remember feeling last week but doesn't mean it wasn't causing problems anyway (not during the laying down, just in the movement of getting there). So I might see if i can finagle cable flies?

I'm still not adding anything to my routine til I've gone with NO pain for 2 weeks, and we're still not there. Someday I will hip hinge. Well, I lie slightly. I've changed a bit with t-bar rows in an effort to row more because shoulder balance or something, and there's room in the routine for it.

• Like 4

Challenge Threads

BATTLE LOG (Current)

MFP | Instagram

2 minutes ago, ixaera said:

THAT'S RIGHT FOLKS, I FEEL LIKE A QUARTER MILLION BUCKS

which is, you know, not too bad.

Heheheheeeee. No! Not bad at all!!! I'd take it for sure ;) Ever onwards!

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, RedStone said:

Heheheheeeee. No! Not bad at all!!! I'd take it for sure ;) Ever onwards!

I'd take $250,000 in a heartbeat, too...but in all seriousness, it's good that you are making progress. Bending over reunlocked~

• Like 2

Level 13 Shape-shifting Warrior Monk

STR:45 | DEX:18 | STA:10 | CON:37 | WIS:37 | CHA:27

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Battle Log : MFP : Instagram : Challenges - 1, 23456789101112

Tuesday

Fruits & Vegetables

In order of appearance

Spinach

Broccoli sprouts

Guacamole

beans & jalapeno

Water

Yep

Chores

Meant to make up for yesterday, broke even on the day instead.

This week's house goals:

1. Clean window sills (we can do at least this, right??)

2. Clear bar area & vaccuum

Decor upgrade:

Volume Bench Day

Warm up

1x3 45 lbs

1x3 55 lbs

1x3 65 lbs

Work

5x5 77 lbs

T-Bar Row

5x5 13.5 lbs on the mystery bar (doing a volume day based on an assumption that the bar is 45 lbs, but really I have no idea)

One-arm standing press

3x9 15 lbs

Flies

3x11 24 lbs

(cutting these, they tweak my back when I lay down)

Tricep push down (rope attachement)

3x9 40 lbs

Preacher DB curls

3x9 24 lbs (12 each hand)

Back stayed fairly solid all day, Airrosti lady was impressed with my progress. Only one appointment remaining. No sciatica all day, among the other noteable improvement. I'm not falling for it this time, and fully expect a step backwards tomorrow or the next day :P I'm ready for you, fate

• Like 6

Challenge Threads

BATTLE LOG (Current)

MFP | Instagram

Just found this picture, seems pretty apt:

Screenshot_2017_01_14_11_23_06_1.png

• Like 6

Neutral Gargoyle Warrior with a dash of Ranger/Monk/Adventurer. Now LEVEL 9!  My Instagram

STR 78, CON 31, DEX 1, INT 21, WIS 13.5, CHA 4

Meet lifts: SQ 175kg, B 112.5kg, Dead 215kg.   Gym lifts: SQ 185kg, B 132.5kg, Dead 220kg

Nerd Stuff: Sci Fi TV, Sci Fi + Fantasy Books, Classic Space Lego, Warhammer 40K...

Wodensday

Fruits & Vegetables

In order of appearance

Dried cranberries

Carrots

Celeries

Broccolis

Potatoh

moar carrot

accidental onion

Water

Yep

Chores

Broke even again, but it was a long day at work so this is fine. Hopefully can make up for it later still if I don't slack too much. Laundry, dishes, random cleaning focused on the bar area (this is an area between kitchen and living room, not a pub in my house, alas)

This week's house goals:

1. Clean window sills

2. Clear bar area & vaccuum (some today)

Decor upgrade:

Today was super busy at work, loading data and such, but I managed 2 breaks for walking, and my back feels slightly less good than yesterday, but still good? I guess. Someday I will be able to hip hinge as part of normal life and the movement back to straight up won't hurt so much in my right hip. Someday.

Played a little WoW (I KNOW GASP), and 2 days of Stardew Valley (my Xbox farm, which is younger). Am about to go join Mr Ix, who likes to sleep early. I've been making it through whole days at the office with that chair whoa

WHOA

maxresdefault.jpg

• Like 5

Challenge Threads

BATTLE LOG (Current)

MFP | Instagram

Dude WoW

WOW

I haven't played that since uhhhh... whatever the XPac after the Panda one was!  Man.  I'd love to log in for a few days to tool around with my characters but sub fee no thx.  Gosh I played that game SO MUCH from Vanilla -> Cataclysm..............

• Like 2

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 50 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

» visit me @ my BATTLE LOG~

4 hours ago, shaar said:

Dude WoW

WOW

I haven't played that since uhhhh... whatever the XPac after the Panda one was!  Man.  I'd love to log in for a few days to tool around with my characters but sub fee no thx.  Gosh I played that game SO MUCH from Vanilla -> Cataclysm..............

Me too. That game was my life.

If someone has a trial period you can get in to see your old characters. At least I could a year or so ago. 

Fitocracy  GoodReads  MyFitnessPal

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 2020: 1.20  - 2019: 1.19 l 2.19

2018: 1.18 l  2.18 l 3.18 l 4.18 l 5.18 l 6.18 l 7.18

2017: 1.17 I 2.17 I 3.17 I 4.17 I 5.17 l 6.17 l 7.17 l 8.17 I 9.17 l 10.17  

2016: 1.16 l 2.16 l DA v.1 l DA v.2 I DA v.2 Reloaded I DA v.3 I DA v.4 I 8.16 I 9.16 I DA v.5 I 11.16 

2012: 1 2013: 2 l 3 l 4 l 5 l 6 l 7 l 8 2014: 9 l 10 l Not Done Yet l Time to Conquer l  Conquering 

HFC for Life!

6 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

0003.gif 

This is the cutest onion

I actually like onions, but i like onions that have been sliced up and cooked (unless they are salad red onions), and these were pearl onions, which I do not like :( Mr Ix loves them, so I tell him if he wants that kind he has to shuck them himself lol. SO MUCH WORK

SHUCKS

6 hours ago, shaar said:

Dude WoW

WOW

I don't know what xpac that was b/c the last one I played was the panda one! I never played a TON, but I had a level 90 undead warlock. Level 90 is like lol now though :(

BUT you get a level 100 boost with Legion?? So I'm trying out hunter.

1 hour ago, Jonesy said:

Me too. That game was my life.

If someone has a trial period you can get in to see your old characters. At least I could a year or so ago. 

I had almost no trouble getting in. Their customer support is amazing. I freaked out for a sec b/c it doesn't show your old chars in the list until you actively click on your old servers, so I thought they were GONE, which is fine for everything but my 90 warlock.

I still like FFXIV a lot more

• Like 1

Challenge Threads

BATTLE LOG (Current)

MFP | Instagram

I found out yesterday morning that my uncle passed away Thursday night. He had ALS, was diagnosed 10 weeks ago, it moved fast. We weren't especially close, he could be a real dildo, but he was a good guy when it counted, and my mom isn't handling it well. Her sister (her only other sibling) was diagnosed with stage 4 breast cancer 3 years ago, and of course she lost her husband 12 years ago. I worry about her.

The day wasn't great on its own, either. I talked to my mom and accidentally missed a meeting during that phone call. I had tickets to a Dorothy concert, and it was cancelled (the singer lost her voice). Shark week is imminent and my mood is all over the place, and I'm about as prickly as it gets.

Anyway, I'm pre-emptively taking the last few days off of challenging. Next one is Whole 30 + some writing.

The workout in the morning went well at least, grumps sometimes add spark, I guess.

Challenge Threads

BATTLE LOG (Current)

MFP | Instagram