ixaera does not break~

freck

Decorating is F U N ! 

I go by exactly one rule: make it look like it was done on purpose.  (Although I have seen success with the opposite, I think "accidental chic" is a gift or a TON of know-how and work...ie not me.)

I also decided to use color in my house, but to only paint with colors that I would wear on my body in public.  That way, I would never look washed out in a pale yellow kitchen, for example - I love the color, it would look lovely in a kitchen, but it makes me look sick.  That worked for me.  /shrugs

• Like 2

~Emerald_Dragonfly

Level 13 Warrior

#1 decorating principle: does it make you happy? It's your room, put stuff you like in it. Anybody who tells you otherwise can GTFO. But seriously, the things you like have a way of meshing, or at least that's my experience.

• Like 3

Level 13 Shape-shifting Warrior Monk

STR:45 | DEX:18 | STA:10 | CON:37 | WIS:37 | CHA:27

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Battle Log : MFP : Instagram : Challenges - 1, 23456789101112

45 minutes ago, ixaera said:

Decorating is truly a realm where I Have No Idea What I Am Doing, so I'm a wee bit terrified, but excited to make it really my own!

I generally go about it like so:

1) Pick a theme (beach-ey? Modern? Vintage?)

2) Pick a palette (what main color do you want, google image search to find colors that compliment it)

3) Do the thing. DO IT. It is really lovely to have a place in your home that feels grown up and put-together. The rest of my place may look like a sty, but the living room looks awesome. :)

• Like 3
1 hour ago, ixaera said:

Decorating is truly a realm where I Have No Idea What I Am Doing, so I'm a wee bit terrified, but excited to make it really my own!

ha! ME TOO. working on my entire apartment and trying to do real design for once. so hard.

• Like 1
“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”
17 minutes ago, Koaladle said:

I generally go about it like so:

1) Pick a theme (beach-ey? Modern? Vintage?)

2) Pick a palette (what main color do you want, google image search to find colors that compliment it)

3) Do the thing. DO IT. It is really lovely to have a place in your home that feels grown up and put-together. The rest of my place may look like a sty, but the living room looks awesome. :)

This.

Don't know what theme you like best/can pull off almost instinctively? Afraid of color? Go on Pinterest and look for interior design. Pin anything you're attracted to. Decor stores work much the same way for revealing your favorite colors/materials. If that doesn't work, you can always pull from your favorite person/place/thing in the whole nerdiverse and use that as a theme/color jumping off point. 

• Like 2

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

OKAY IDEAS HAPPENED a little bit

maybe

Glad I have 4 weeks to pull something off... maybe I will paint a little? :o 

Budget has to stay small is all I really know right now. That and drapey things and lights :3

• Like 4

Challenge Threads

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21

BATTLE LOG (Current)

MFP | Instagram

1 hour ago, Cataleya said:

Whining? Just fake not being a whiner 'til you make it.

Every single day my friend

My back hasn't been as bothersome so I was reducing the amount of relaxers I was taking. Didn't take one before bed for the first time.

Mistake. That was exactly how to feel like a slightly broken marionette puppet in the morning. I'm so fortunate for our lenient work from home policy.

• Like 1

Challenge Threads

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21

BATTLE LOG (Current)

MFP | Instagram

12 minutes ago, ixaera said:

Every single day my friend

My back hasn't been as bothersome so I was reducing the amount of relaxers I was taking. Didn't take one before bed for the first time.

Mistake. That was exactly how to feel like a slightly broken marionette puppet in the morning. I'm so fortunate for our lenient work from home policy.

At least now you know?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Urgan said:

At least now you know?

Come to think of it, it may be because I'm a stubborn asshole who refuses to ask Mr Ix to clean the litter. (It's back intensive, she has kidney disease and there are "heavy" big clumps and you stoop down and move the clumps and then the waste bag(s) are heavy and you have to refill the box nearly every time, poor kitty)

Almost forgot I did that. Ugh maybe I should change stop whining to stop being dumb

• Like 5

Challenge Threads

BATTLE LOG (Current)

MFP | Instagram

Might be worth a shot. You describe pain/discomfort associated with deadlifting type activities, so maybe a general moratorium on those for a week?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ixaera said:

Come to think of it, it may be because I'm a stubborn asshole who refuses to ask Mr Ix to clean the litter.

If there is one household chore that ever aggravates my back,

this is it.

We don't have the clumps but just the bending down, moving the box to the bathroom to scoop, stooping and heavy bags and yup.  YUP.  Will definitely make any ache more achey.

• Like 2

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 50 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

»  kom starkru

21 minutes ago, shaar said:

If there is one household chore that ever aggravates my back,

this is it.

We don't have the clumps but just the bending down, moving the box to the bathroom to scoop, stooping and heavy bags and yup.  YUP.  Will definitely make any ache more achey.

...and then you power clean the bag into the dumpster.

• Like 3

Other rando things today. Got my appointment confirmation call and apparently I'm supposed to have the MRI with me?? I was like hey no what? So I had to go out and get a copy from the MRI place today. I spent a lot of time looking inside myself, literally, which is an odd as heck feeling.

Anyway, the bulge is obvious enough to me, but honestly doesn't look super awful compared to MRIs on the internets.

• Like 3

Challenge Threads

BATTLE LOG (Current)

MFP | Instagram

32 minutes ago, ixaera said:

Other rando things today. Got my appointment confirmation call and apparently I'm supposed to have the MRI with me?? I was like hey no what? So I had to go out and get a copy from the MRI place today. I spent a lot of time looking inside myself, literally, which is an odd as heck feeling.

Anyway, the bulge is obvious enough to me, but honestly doesn't look super awful compared to MRIs on the internets.

DANGER-INTERNET-AHEAD-PROCEED-WITH-CAUTI

• Like 5

Jǫrð, Delvian Nomad - Level 12 { Battle Log }

UMMMMM Did someone say interior decorating????? :D:D:D Seriously I have a pinterest board for every room of the house. Hit me on FB if you like I CAN'T GET ENOUGH IT IS THE BEST BRAIN MELTING COLORS TEXTURES DECORATIVE ARTS ARRRRRRHHHHHH

• Like 2
3 hours ago, RedStone said:

UMMMMM Did someone say interior decorating????? :D:D:D Seriously I have a pinterest board for every room of the house. Hit me on FB if you like I CAN'T GET ENOUGH IT IS THE BEST BRAIN MELTING COLORS TEXTURES DECORATIVE ARTS ARRRRRRHHHHHH

This post sent me down a rabbit hole. XD THEMED ROOMS AND LITTLE ACCENTS AND MAYBE A TOUCH OF PAINT? O.O 

3 hours ago, Koaladle said:

This post sent me down a rabbit hole. XD THEMED ROOMS AND LITTLE ACCENTS AND MAYBE A TOUCH OF PAINT? O.O 

7 hours ago, RedStone said:

Y'all I'll be lucky if I manage to get whatever I put on the walls to match whatever I do with the chair and such lol

I can't even figure out what wall to put the desk(s) on. The obvious choice is the one with the entrance door b/c it has the ethernet and hdmi cable drop. But then I'm facing a sad wall (so jazz it up maybe!).

The room's strength is the big window. It's a tiny room but it has one wall that's about half window and it lets a lot of good natural light in. So I need better window dressing and to use that in a way I like. (If my desk faces the wall mentioned above, my back will be to the window)

Another option is to stick the desk out so that only the side is on the wall and I'm facing the flat tv and have the window to my left. Good set up, but like I said, the room is small, so this basically eats up all the space. It's similar to how I have it now and it really does get in the way.

I think I'm talking myself into back to window and jazzing up that sad wall, it makes the most sense for space usage and where the data drops are....

• Like 1

Challenge Threads

BATTLE LOG (Current)

MFP | Instagram

I have been known to put desks against windows...is that a possibility? Light/space permitting? 

• Like 1

A new challenge and decorating! 

18651212.gif 

• Like 3

Fitocracy  GoodReads  MyFitnessPal

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 2020: 1.20  - 2019: 1.19 l 2.19

2018: 1.18 l  2.18 l 3.18 l 4.18 l 5.18 l 6.18 l 7.18

2017: 1.17 I 2.17 I 3.17 I 4.17 I 5.17 l 6.17 l 7.17 l 8.17 I 9.17 l 10.17  

2016: 1.16 l 2.16 l DA v.1 l DA v.2 I DA v.2 Reloaded I DA v.3 I DA v.4 I 8.16 I 9.16 I DA v.5 I 11.16 

2012: 1 2013: 2 l 3 l 4 l 5 l 6 l 7 l 8 2014: 9 l 10 l Not Done Yet l Time to Conquer l  Conquering 

HFC for Life!

22 minutes ago, Urgan said:

I have been known to put desks against windows...is that a possibility? Light/space permitting? 

It would work, except for outlets and such. Cable management would increase drastically in difficulty. 

Which leads me to...

14 minutes ago, Koaladle said:

If your desk includes your laptop/PC setup, it's not going to be sad for long! All of Eorzea will be on display! :D 

Um, I just got THE BEST idea...

No idea if I can make it work in the budget though.

5 minutes ago, Jonesy said:

A new challenge and decorating! 

hiii.gif

• Like 3

Challenge Threads

BATTLE LOG (Current)

MFP | Instagram

29 minutes ago, Emerald_Dragonfly said:

Pinterest the crap out of that idea until you figure a way to do it in budget!  If the idea makes you happy, give it a go!

I second this idea! Mr T and are thinking of doing a DIY treadmill desk in 2018 so all internet activity involves light walking. And Pinterest has some REALLY creative ideas. LOL. So I can only imagine what they have for your room layout. 

• Like 1

Jǫrð, Delvian Nomad - Level 12 { Battle Log }