ixaera does not break~

freck

9 hours ago, ixaera said:

Trying more variations on my bro lifts to see what makes my back happiest. 

So what's going on with physical therapy? Do you have someone that can give you some suggestions for supportive strength work?

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, RedStone said:

So what's going on with physical therapy? Do you have someone that can give you some suggestions for supportive strength work?

in Texas you cannot self refer to a PT, and the doc has yet to return my emails or calls, so

Challenge Threads

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21

BATTLE LOG (Current)

MFP | Instagram

18 minutes ago, ixaera said:

in Texas you cannot self refer to a PT, and the doc has yet to return my emails or calls, so

Does the doc work at an independent clinic or as part of a health system? You should be able to call and talk to a nurse or medical assistant to get a message through to the doctor.

Getting a doctor to reply to an email or phone call? GOOD LUCK WITH THAT. :lol:

What about the person who you met with to review your MRI? The one who wasn't a doc? 

• Like 3

Jǫrð, Delvian Nomad - Level 12 { Battle Log }

2 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

Does the doc work at an independent clinic or as part of a health system? You should be able to call and talk to a nurse or medical assistant to get a message through to the doctor.

Getting a doctor to reply to an email or phone call? GOOD LUCK WITH THAT. :lol:

What about the person who you met with to review your MRI? The one who wasn't a doc? 

that is the person I'm trying to reach. no one picks up their phone, it's constantly in after hours mode

pretty infuriating

Challenge Threads

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21

BATTLE LOG (Current)

MFP | Instagram

36 minutes ago, ixaera said:

that is the person I'm trying to reach. no one picks up their phone, it's constantly in after hours mode

pretty infuriating

I would be mad, too. KEEP TRYING. Drive up there if you have to. Squeaky wheel that doc box. 

• Like 3

Level 13 Shape-shifting Warrior Monk

STR:45 | DEX:18 | STA:10 | CON:37 | WIS:37 | CHA:27

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Battle Log : MFP : Instagram : Challenges - 1, 23456789101112

12 hours ago, Cataleya said:

Greek is always worth it.

Funny story, I don't really like Greek food! The restaurant was a friend's choice, so the fact that I really liked the food and thought it was worth the fat feeling means it was seriously good lol. They had FLAMING CHEESE! And the rotisserie was really on point~

1 hour ago, Urgan said:

I would be mad, too. KEEP TRYING. Drive up there if you have to. Squeaky wheel that doc box. 

I have these amazing long pauses between files I'm pulling so maybe I can be especially squeaky today.

• Like 4

Challenge Threads

BATTLE LOG (Current)

MFP | Instagram

5 minutes ago, ixaera said:

I have these amazing long pauses between files I'm pulling so maybe I can be especially squeaky today.

DO IT. 

• Like 2

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

7 minutes ago, Urgan said:

DO IT. 

Oh hey, early success. Maybe they have trouble switching it back from the after hours message after lunch? But I got her voicemail, which is definitely progress, but there's a message saying it could take up to 48 hours to return a call. That's still better than infinity hours, I suppose.

(So far everything I've tried comes back with some indication that they are just so popular it's hard to handle the volume of requests? Geez.)

• Like 3

Challenge Threads

BATTLE LOG (Current)

MFP | Instagram

7 minutes ago, ixaera said:

Oh hey, early success. Maybe they have trouble switching it back from the after hours message after lunch? But I got her voicemail, which is definitely progress, but there's a message saying it could take up to 48 hours to return a call. That's still better than infinity hours, I suppose.

(So far everything I've tried comes back with some indication that they are just so popular it's hard to handle the volume of requests? Geez.)

I'm sure it's hard to handle the volume when half the day your phone is jammed on after hours. Sheesh.

• Like 3

Friday Check in

Fruits & Vegetables

In order of appearance

Carrots

Hummus

Red bell pepper

Onion

Honestly weak.

Water

Definitely hydrated!

Chores

Weak here too. Dishes, cooked, then got sucked into TV with Mr Ix and did nothing else.

This week's house goals:

1. Sweep & mop entryway

2. Clear dining table

(One of these today)

Decor upgrade:

Will be purchasing 2x light panels (after payday) <-- Today, seriously, hard to spend money sometimes even when I'm basically ordering myself to lol (I also need a cylinder pillow, but that is unrelated to this challenge)

I have been going over calorie goal lately oops, but in spite of yesterday's overage, my macros were killer and it showed in how I felt. I need to remember that feeling and keep doing it.

My McGill book came in <3

I have determined based on his tests that I'm both intolerant to lumbar flexion and spine compression. Some of my sciatica symptoms might very well be the arthritis, and the book addressed how to approach the pain, but I guess arthritis is not a thing that goes away. Oh well. I will not die. OR BREAK.

The doc's office did not call me back yesterday (surprise!) and I'm giving them Monday as well, then harassing them on Tuesday some more. If after that I don't hear before Friday, I may just march up there. (I don't know if that will work, but a girl wants a PT.)

Last night I was having TOE PAIN again this time in the little ones on the left side, which the book says is the L4 L5 disc (which I knew was bulgy also), so I was doing some extensions in bed (because I was trying to sleep and it kept me up a little bit) and it totally went away every time I did it, like magic. Only it came right back. Sigh. (it was still there this morning, but it's gone now, so I guess maybe my mattress sags too much.) 

I'm starting a daily drill today and yeah, I'm still self guided but hopefully not forever. I'd already been ellipticaling daily this week (which probably replaces a walking plan or supplements one), and the book addresses jogging and suggests taking several days off, and I'm not sure if elliptical and jogging are equivalent or if I should keep doing elliptical daily. 

Other things

Bench press intensity day

I didn't want to drag my microplates out to the gym so instead of 8 lbs over 75 on the bar, I did 10. It was a little too much, so I guess I should just suck it up and start bringing my microplates again. 

1x5 45lbs

1x5 65 lbs

4x3 85 lbs

1x2 85 lbs

Didn't fail the last rep so much as realize I probably would fail it, and my form was a little ugly on the second rep. I'm counting it as a success, since the correct amount was 83 and I probably woulda had that weight.

(Doing a 4 day split type plan with bench only for now, per Rippetoe books, with a touch extra volume since my chest and arms love that apparently)

Seated Dumbbell Press

1x5 24 lbs

3x5 40 lbs

Hammer Strength Seated Lateral Chest Press (this is a long name)

3x8 60 lbs

Hadn't used this one before

Standing one-arm db press

3x8 15 lbs

Cable Tricep Pushdown

3x8 60 lbs

EZ Curl Bar Curls

3x8 29 lbs

Back behaved quite well, but the curl bar curls are probably not going to reappear til I'm done rehabbing. The 15 lb dumbbells weren't triggering any pain, but the 29 lb bar did cause some discomfort. Hassling the bench bar into the cradle did not cause pain. Clear improvement!

Tomorrow I've decided machines only for leg day. I am not ready for the bulgarian split squats I'm going to add in when I feel more normal (because I would have to hold more than 29 lbs to make it worth my while).

giphy.gif

• Like 3

Challenge Threads

BATTLE LOG (Current)

MFP | Instagram

Fruits & Vegetables

In order of appearance

Apple

Kale (full serving this time)

Carrots

Hummus

Baby lima beans

Sweet corn 

(probably not a full serving of either of those last things, but maybe a full serving together?)

Made up for the low volume yesterday just a little

Water

Still working on it, should get the last glass soon

Chores

Strong, made up a little

Dishes, cooking, cleared dining table (a fairly big job, it seems to be our "put random stuff here" place)

This week's house goals:

1. Sweep & mop entryway

2. Clear dining table

Decor upgrade:

Light panels purchased.

Toe pain continues. :/

It's a lot more annoying now that I know that's sciatica.

Didn't elliptical today, but tried to get plenty of breaks from the couch to move around. Tomorrow is leg day, which may consist of just curls and extensions and maybe pull throughs if they don't cause any pain.

• Like 2

Challenge Threads

BATTLE LOG (Current)

MFP | Instagram

22 hours ago, ixaera said:

Agh the castle switch panel was sold out! woe

I opted for this instead:

http://www.switchhits.com/collection/vintage-brass/product/alexandria

Shame on the castle light switch, but this one is lovely too! :)

14 hours ago, ixaera said:

Dishes, cooking, cleared dining table (a fairly big job, it seems to be our "put random stuff here" place)

We ordered a new dining table because our old one is junk, so the old one is sitting in the sunroom where i do laundry. By simply not having a dining table in the living room, our house increased twofold in the category of tidiness. I almost dread the arrival of the new furniture; I will have to be vigilant about non-dining things staying off lest it becomes The Place Everything Goes.

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Koaladle said:

We ordered a new dining table because our old one is junk, so the old one is sitting in the sunroom where i do laundry. By simply not having a dining table in the living room, our house increased twofold in the category of tidiness. I almost dread the arrival of the new furniture; I will have to be vigilant about non-dining things staying off lest it becomes The Place Everything Goes.

What I really need to do one challenge is focus on getting furniture geared towards nice-looking storage. A lot of my clutter is because there's just no place to put some things! I am really bad at house-having so far. :) Our dining table is from IKEA (but it's one of the nicer-ish ones at least)

Ordered my stand up desk converter! Will be nice to actually use the lady cave I'm redecorating.

• Like 1

Challenge Threads

BATTLE LOG (Current)

MFP | Instagram

42 minutes ago, ixaera said:

A lot of my clutter is because there's just no place to put some things!

I KNOW THE STRUGGLE. The big problem in our house now is that things are not efficiently stored and we have a lot of old stuff we just need to suck up and give away. Poor husband is going to lose a couple days off to finally settling into the house. 

46 minutes ago, ixaera said:

Our dining table is from IKEA (but it's one of the nicer-ish ones at le

We got ours from the kind of furniture store that is less store and more shady warehouse. If I had to do it all over again, I would have just used a card table with a tablecloth for eating and bought two dining chairs elsewhere. The side tables have held up, but the dining set is so rickety that it sways when it has to hold weight--unfortunate since the major function of any chair is to withstand the weight of the user. >.>

53 minutes ago, ixaera said:

Will be nice to actually use the lady cave I'm redecorating

Enjoying the newly decorated space is the BEST PART. 

• Like 3
9 hours ago, Koaladle said:

Enjoying the newly decorated space is the BEST PART. 

YES doubly so b/c I've been gaming/working/whatevering from the couch/ottoman in the most pain free position I've found that I can do so in with the equipment I have (still not ideal, just because it's not the healthiest of positions to spend tons of time in), so I can't wait to be in my own space again. Nothing against Mr Ix, but I'm not really a TV person but find it super distracting, so while in here I end up finding myself doing lots more TV-ing which is annoying, because honestly I'd rather do other things? (But can't help but watch if it's on, I'm hopeless with distraction)

2 hours ago, Suzaqu said:

I hope the PT comes through! and so happy I finally found your thread! So many pages to catch up on!

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiii!

• Like 2

Challenge Threads

BATTLE LOG (Current)

MFP | Instagram

Fruits & Vegetables

In order of appearance

Banana

Tomato

uhhhh. Today I just ran out of craps, I was in a bad mood, and I just ate and ate and ate.

The good news is I used my microwave omelet maker for banana pancakes and it WORKED

yay :D

The bad news is that then I ate a clif bar, 3 chocolate squares, another clif bar, then went to a family dinner that featured cheese covered baked chicken, spaghetti, baked ziti, lemon raspberry pound cake, garlic bread....

I am so full rn

Water

Did okay, but no point. I had 2 glasses of tea, but not sure it counts. If it counts, then I am good.

Chores

Very poor. I'm about to do the entryway just because I want to at least get that done. I'm marking it off, but if I don't do it, I'll come back and revise Monday.

This week's house goals:

1. Sweep & mop entryway

2. Clear dining table

Decor upgrade:

Light panels purchased.

Ugh. Doing that thing where all I ever want to do is eat cookies and sit on the couch.

Anyway, I did "leg day" today.

Leg extensions

1x8 50 lbs

4x8 30 lbs

So, the stupid machine the 40 lb and 50 lb increments are STUCK TOGETHER. So it's 30 lbs or 50 lbs. I would have liked to have tried 40 lbs thanks! geez this gym sometimes

Leg curls

5x8 40 lbs

Did 3 sets of lateral band walks with the green hip circle (glutes)

Did 3 sets of pullof press (I think?) with the black band (obliques/anti-rotation)

Did 3 reps of cable pull throughs b/c I have seen on at least 2 videos gym guys saying "even people with herniated discs can handle this one!) yeah I'm not ready for this type of hinge yet. Didn't hurt myself, just felt the frown spot and left it alone. There was no possible way I was ready for any replacement movements with dumbbells yet. Compression is still a large problem.

Stood up for the family dinner, about 3 hours. It cleared up my sciatica but made my lower back immensely sore. Gonna need some stamina and practice resting in the sweet spot for that. Tried to take a seat twice, regretted it within 5 min. Sigh.

OFF TO SWEEP AND MOP A SMALL AREA SO I'M NOT A TOTAL LUMP TODAY

• Like 3

Challenge Threads

BATTLE LOG (Current)

MFP | Instagram

Week sum up. I'm not doing any super fancy grading this challenge, just keeping myself on track.

I ate my veggies 6 of 7 days.

I drank my water for sure 6 of 7 days, maybe all 7.

Did chores 6 of 7 days.

Hit my weekly house goals

Made my weekly decor purchase

That's an A I suppose. Hopefully tomorrow I find several more craps to give. I think my brain is trying to signal that it needs a dang day off work and some real relaxation, so I'll ask for Friday and set up a massage to reduce the stress levels.

• Like 3

Challenge Threads

BATTLE LOG (Current)

MFP | Instagram

3 hours ago, ixaera said:

Did okay, but no point. I had 2 glasses of tea, but not sure it counts. If it counts, then I am good.

I count tea, if there's no sugar in it. There's no science reasoning behind it... I just want to encourage myself to drink tea without sugar. But it's just leaf water, so yeah, I count it.

• Like 6
6 hours ago, Cataleya said:

I count tea, if there's no sugar in it. There's no science reasoning behind it... I just want to encourage myself to drink tea without sugar. But it's just leaf water, so yeah, I count it.

Agreed. Unless you are so caffeine sensitive that tea makes you hit the bathroom faster than plain old water, you're good.

• Like 3

Back woke up a little angrier today, but not ANGRY per se

Also, it popped. I mean, it has always popped, my lumbar has cracked without me really trying to crack it since I was a teenager, so that's not new, but it hasn't cracked but maybe once this round of healing. Maybe that means the inflammation has died down enough that it's getting closer to normal?

OR maybe it was like "enough, I'm done, CRAAAACK good luck chica"

(It didn't feel bad, so not actually worried, it was just startling.)

• Like 3

Challenge Threads

BATTLE LOG (Current)

MFP | Instagram