• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

ixaera

ixaera does not break~

2 minutes ago, calanthrophy said:

The longer the name, the better the object. It's like the weapons on Diablo--"Giant Sharp Wonderful Broad Axe of Greatest and Most Brutal Maiming" and so forth.

I should have put it in purple text...

• Like 1

I agree, tea is definitely water (delicious delicious leaf water). Are those magical banana pancakes good (I assume they are the 2 ingredient ones that are all over the facebooks of my friends who do the various Facebook fitness/shake programs)?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ixaera said:

Back woke up a little angrier today, but not ANGRY per se

Also, it popped. I mean, it has always popped, my lumbar has cracked without me really trying to crack it since I was a teenager, so that's not new, but it hasn't cracked but maybe once this round of healing. Maybe that means the inflammation has died down enough that it's getting closer to normal?

OR maybe it was like "enough, I'm done, CRAAAACK good luck chica"

(It didn't feel bad, so not actually worried, it was just startling.)

Imma go out on a limb and say that popping without pain is not a bad thing? Did you feel any different post-crack?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Suzaqu said:

I agree, tea is definitely water (delicious delicious leaf water). Are those magical banana pancakes good (I assume they are the 2 ingredient ones that are all over the facebooks of my friends who do the various Facebook fitness/shake programs)?

Haha, yep the very same. I tried it because I like eggs and I like bananas and I figured if I hated it no big deal. But I love it. really it is just a banana omelet though

1 hour ago, Urgan said:

Imma go out on a limb and say that popping without pain is not a bad thing? Did you feel any different post-crack?

I'm gonna say no? I was on my feet a lot yesterday and my back got pretty tired/sore, so I'm leaning toward that being the reason I feel a little less good today, and not the pop this morning. I just did some easy elliptical and could feel the glute muscles sliding over my hip bone which is a BIZARRE and strange feeling let me tell you. But probably due to all the standing and my back just not being 100% on board with me yet.

19 hours ago, ixaera said:

The bad news is that then I ate a clif bar, 3 chocolate squares, another clif bar, then went to a family dinner that featured cheese covered baked chicken, spaghetti, baked ziti, lemon raspberry pound cake, garlic bread....

I need to stop reading forums when I'm hungry

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, miss_marissa said:

I need to stop reading forums when I'm hungry

Truefax, it was good times

I vote stop reading just long enough to get some lemon raspberry pound cake to eat while reading...

• Like 5

4 hours ago, ixaera said:

Haha, yep the very same. I tried it because I like eggs and I like bananas and I figured if I hated it no big deal. But I love it. really it is just a banana omelet though

I am a banana skeptic, I enjoy them in bread, some smoothies, but not as a snack. I might have to try this banana omelets, maybe with some cinnamon or something so I can pretend it's banana bread :)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Suzaqu said:

I am a banana skeptic, I enjoy them in bread, some smoothies, but not as a snack. I might have to try this banana omelets, maybe with some cinnamon or something so I can pretend it's banana bread :)

Good idea! Cinnamon makes everything better. 

I used to HATE bananas. But I found that I just hate ripe bananas. I will only eat then if there is still a hint of green left. As soon as it gets a brown spot the flavor changes and I don't like it. I know, I'm weird. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

I used to HATE bananas. But I found that I just hate ripe bananas. I will only eat then if there is still a hint of green left. As soon as it gets a brown spot the flavor changes and I don't like it. I know, I'm weird. 

I'm the opposite. I'm not too fond of bananas that still have a hint of green left. The more ripe the better for me (unless it has become too soft).

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

Good idea! Cinnamon makes everything better. 

Hmmm, for me it's primarily a texture thing, I don't like mashed potatoes or oatmeal either, too mushy. Though I don't really love the flavor of bananas either...maybe I'll brave eating a less ripe one.

• Like 1

Monday Stuff

Fruits & Vegetables

In order of appearance

Apple

Kale

Baby lima beans

Sweet corn

Peas

Sweet potato

Made instant pot curry, probably my favorite easy instant pot meal. Just barely hit the low end of protein, and with the help of the tail end of the pack of deli meat that I keep for such reasons.

Water

Did well~

Chores

2/3. I cooked and I put away the rest of the laundry, but Mr Ix was wanting to cuddle and watch movies and then we went to bed and I just didn't feel like doing that last chore.

This week's house goals:

1. Clean the windows I can reach

2. Clean off lady cave desk

Decor upgrade:

Custom FF art order

(lol ffart)

Yesterday I woke up with an angry back, as mentioned. This healing process feels like 3 steps forward and 2 back. We are now finishing up week 4 of back badness. I got my lumbar support attachment and it turned my office chair at home into a bearable seat combined with the coccyx pillow, so that's promising.

I'd already adjusted volume bench day so that there's nearly nothing that ever makes me feel my back. The only thing I left in were the flies, but I may take even those out next time. (Mr Ix just messaged me that his hip hurts and it's tough to walk around... my back issue is contagious!) Even arching my back on bench doesn't worsen any pain or feel bad in any way vOv but then my arch really sucks, so there's that.

Bench

2x4 45 lbs

1x3 65 lbs

5x5 75.5 lbs

Seated DB Press

1x8 24 lbs

3x8 30 lbs

Hammer Strength Seated Lateral Press

3x8 50 lbs

Close Grip Bench (was going to do this for triceps)

1x5 60 lbs

Stopped because it was a bad choice. 

Dumbbell Flies

1x9 24 lbs

2x10 24 lbs

Still only hurts laying down and retrieving the dbs from the floor, but that's still a hurt, so.

Dumbbell Curls

1x9 24 lbs (12 each hand)

2x8 24 lbs

Cable Tri pushdown (replaced other tricep exercise)

1x12 50 lbs (too light)

2x9 60 lbs

• Like 6

For the NF spreadsheet, I only like bananas with at least some freckling, any green and I'll make yucky face when I eat them. I will eat them plain, but prefer them IN stuff.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ixaera said:

For the NF spreadsheet, I only like bananas with at least some freckling, any green and I'll make yucky face when I eat them. I will eat them plain, but prefer them IN stuff.

As nerds we understand the importance of data collection! With banana preference knowledge we will rule the world!

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Suzaqu said:

As nerds we understand the importance of data collection! With banana preference knowledge we will rule the world!

We can devise the optimum average banana, and later realize that the average banana actually satisfies the fewest people!

• Like 5

Fruits & Vegetables

In order of appearance

Tomato

Lettuce

Baby lima beans

Sweet corn

Kale

Strawberries

Breakfast was protein oatmeal with almonds, then ordered food from Arabian Bites. Kind of overpriced for what I got, which was some jasmine rice, a lettuce leaf, half of a tomato slice, a few bites of chicken, and a bunch of spicy sauce. Actually tasty, just not really worth like 9 bucks. Clif bar, which was basically my cookie replacement today. Dinner of leftover succotash, was a touch low on protein so I had a strawberry kale protein smoothie.

Water

Did OK

Chores

3/3. Dishes, mail stuff, random cleaning

This week's house goals:

1. Clean the windows I can reach

2. Clean off lady cave desk

Decor upgrade:

Custom FF art order

Upper back, lats, and core day tomorrow \o/

• Like 3

What is protein oatmeal?

I like yellow bananas. No green, no brown. Green tends to be too stiff and weird flavor, brown is only good for making banana bread. Too mushy otherwise.

• Like 1

Tasty overpriced food is annoying. Tasty but annoying. This is how I feel watching Chef's Table on Netflix (love that documentary series!). "This all looks glorious but I would never pay for it."

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

Tasty overpriced food is annoying. Tasty but annoying. This is how I feel watching Chef's Table on Netflix (love that documentary series!). "This all looks glorious but I would never pay for it."

Ben and I decided that one day we would make a trip specifically for one of those restaurants...  One day. :D 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TiffanyD said:

Ben and I decided that one day we would make a trip specifically for one of those restaurants...  One day. :D 

If it was a destination trip, then that's a totally different ball of wax. FUN!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Cataleya said:

What is protein oatmeal?

I like yellow bananas. No green, no brown. Green tends to be too stiff and weird flavor, brown is only good for making banana bread. Too mushy otherwise.

It's just protein powder in oatmeal. I think too soupy texture for many, but I'm pretty tolerant of it.

I had some Trouble With Sleeves yesterday so on a whim I decided to do a full measurement taking this morning to see what's up (besides my weight, which is up lately, probably from 4 weeks of less activity). On 11/28 I weighed the same as I did this morning, BUT there are differences

my waist at the navel has shrunk three quarters of an inch

thighs one quarter of an inch each (I would normally not count a quarter of an inch, but usually my thighs are the most sensitive to bloat and fat gain, so I'm mentioning it)

biceps are almost half an inch bigger (that would explain the sleeve issues... I've hit 11" on the right side, and not too far behind on the left)

three quarters of an inch around the chest (not bust, chest, which signifies pec growth for me, I don't carry my fat up top)

Every other measurement was either the same or within a quarter of an inch (and even then on the smaller side) 

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

040c0f2f4ab4bd6d0aa147cb053506f7.gif

edited to add: My goal a year ago was verbatim to hulk out of my clothes like Urgan

MISSION

ACCOMPLISHED

• Like 7

GAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNSSSSSSS

WIN!!!!!!

FFVictoryTheme.wav

That must be the best feel, especially with all the struggles lately, YOU DOIN' IT!!!

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, shaar said:

GAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNSSSSSSS

WIN!!!!!!

FFVictoryTheme.wav

That must be the best feel, especially with all the struggles lately, YOU DOIN' IT!!!

Oh my god does it help so much. This sounds nuts but honestly I was feeling all flabby (probably mental from the less activity...) and then I find this AND

I just found my measurements from 2/29/16 so almost a full year ago, before I started lifting.

I've gained 2.8 lbs

lost almost an inch at the navel

gained almost an inch on the biceps

gained TWO inches around the chest

gained some boobage somehow, probably from pecs?

thighs are slightly smaller now too, despite the higher weight

my calves are smaller now? (I don't train them, so that makes sense I guess lol)

seriously my left bicep measured 9.75" 358 days ago

today it measured just under 11" (a little higher than 10.75")

GUYS I DID THE THING AND IT WORKED

(as surprises no one)

• Like 6