ixaera does not break~

freck

23 hours ago, ixaera said:

And just because I had these on hand because of a curious friend who knows a lot about disc issues and MRIs, in case anyone is curious, behind the cut is the T2 & STIR image applicable to my issue :) Small bulge at L4 L5 and my degenerated L5 S1. I personally can't see "arthritis" but dunno what that looks like anyway.

Hide contents

4L8Leck.png?1

I have no idea what things look like :P But x-rays are so cool. Sounds like things are hapenning and I'm very happy there are actions for you!!! Hoping the SMR helps (the 2X daily is foam rolling?) 

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, RedStone said:

(the 2X daily is foam rolling?) 

LaX ball rolling (close enough!) over the back muscles and glute muscles on each side, hamstring stuff that involves wedging the ball under in 4 places and doing a kick 5x on each side for each spot, back extensions, and cold application

Already did it this morning wee

Challenge Threads

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21

BATTLE LOG (Current)

MFP | Instagram

Friday Check In

Kind of fell asleep super early, I blame all the muscle soreness.

Fruits & Vegetables

In order of appearance

Not very much

lettuce & tomato from the naked chicken chalupa lol

tomato, beans, onion, jalapeno from the chili

More sugar :/ Too many monster drinks too, think they're trying to replace my old coke zero addiction (which might be healthier than this)

Water

Did OK

Chores

3/3, laundry, dishes, old mail sorting

This week's house goals:

1. Clean the windows I can reach

2. Clean off lady cave desk <-- 3/4ths done

Decor upgrade:

Custom FF art order

BENCH DAY

1x4 45 lbs

2x3 65 lbs

5x3 84 lbs

Seated DB Press

1x5 24 lbs

3x8 40 lbs

Cable Tricep Pushdown w/ rope attachment

5x8 40 lbs

Superset with 10 sec pallof press hold w/ purple band, each side

(I just felt like lots of triceps?)

One arm Standing DB press

2x8 15 lbs

1x9 15 lbs

Preacher Curl w/ DBs

3x8 24 lbs

Everything felt good, except when I stepped in dog poo :( They really need to figure that out, poor old dog.

• Like 4

Challenge Threads

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21

BATTLE LOG (Current)

MFP | Instagram

23 hours ago, ixaera said:

This week's house goals:

Ah yes, this feel, I know this midget-lady feel very well.................. ; ;

• Like 2

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 50 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

» visit me @ my BATTLE LOG~

On 2/25/2017 at 0:43 PM, Cataleya said:

What glute rolling are they having you do? I don't know anything about PT or whatever, just curious as my massage therapist highly recommended it for me. I have tennis balls just no idea what to do.

*Steals your Monster drinks and throws them into the abyss*

I haven't had a monster all weekend woooo

So, the glute rolling isn't the same as I had done before, it uses the wall instead of the floor. Basically position the ball and move horizontally on each side from ~1 inch from spine all the way to the outside of your side, avoiding the hip bone.

11 hours ago, shaar said:

Ah yes, this feel, I know this midget-lady feel very well.................. ; ;

I didn't do it ;_; the lazies got me

Weekend Check In

Fruits & Vegetables

In order of appearance

Failtrain

Unless poptarts count

Water

Did OK

Chores

6/6

did bunches of chores Saturday, then squeaked by today. 

This week's house goals:

2. Clean off lady cave desk 

The lazies attacked and won

Ended up playing a whole BUNCH of stardew valley today.

Decor upgrade:

Custom FF art order

Legs

I did this circuit thing

I need to figure out how to put weight on the 30 lb setting on the leg extension, 40 & 50 are still stuck together and I finagled to no avail. I have a weird idea to try next time though, before investing in expensive solutions.

5x circuit

Leg extensions 10 reps at 30 lbs

Step ups (no weight) 10 reps each leg

banded lateral walk, 10 steps each side, green hip circle band

5x "circuit"

Leg curls 10 reps at 40 lbs

Pallof press holds 12 seconds each side w/ easy red band

Back update:
Wednesday will be 5 weeks since I got stuck on the bed and went to the doctor.

I still cannot use most chairs for longer than an hour, and with my chair accessories, I can get up into the several hour range, but there's a price I don't want to have to pay so I don't really do that unless it seems like it's worth it (i.e., haven't left the house in a while and might go crazy if I don't, standing helps only in some situations--most restaurants strangely are weird about it ;) ). It sounds like this horrible thing, but I'm walking just fine aside from the stiffness and slow rising, and there's generally no real pain the great majority of the time. We're down to seconds of small pain once in a LONG while (days in between), the toe pain from the sciatica (which right now is simultaneously worse and better... the actual toe pain hurts more but lasts for less time), so the dysfunction is just the avoidance of paying the price for sitting for extended periods. Well, that and the inability still to compress the spine much, but I expect that to hang around a while longer.

Current goal is stay on current weights plan, continue to work around back things.

In the future (several weeks from now probably), I plan to ease into small amounts of compression (think holding dumbbells for bulgarian split squats or similar movements), but giving this a LOT of time now that it's been hammered into my head that no I shouldn't be trying to move faster than the healing is coming, and no, this might not be the type of herniation where I can get away with squatting anytime soon (and I am ready to accept that I might be permanently impaired as far as compression goes and may have to give up dreams of 3x body weight squats someday in the far flung future).

BUT

I do not have to give up bench press it appears.

Yesterday I went to a friend's to play board games (Escape the Nightmare and Conan) and we were sitting quite a long time. I became uncomfortable around hour 3, not too shabby. I was also drinking drinky drinks, which may have played a role in how "comfortable" I was, and I am paying for it today. Nothing, again, serious in the discomfort department. Just sciatica, extra stiffness, mechanical acheyness

I am so damn tired of it

Also really bad at not whining.

• Like 5

Challenge Threads

BATTLE LOG (Current)

MFP | Instagram

Fruits & Vegetables

In order of appearance

Still failtraining... working on it

Part of the issue is psychological. I see the Whole 30 coming in 2 weeks and go OH NO BETTER EAT EVERY SUGAR

maybe I should just glaze my carrots eh

Water

Did great

Chores

3/3

laundry, cooking, some old mail (almost out of that annoying pile finally)

This week's house goals:

2. Clear lady cave floor

The windows WILL be cleaned.

Decor upgrade:

Drapes, let's do this

Woke up with sore back from sadtown, so I pushed volume bench out one day. Had set up work laptop on standing desk last night so I went ahead and started work from there, but was really too stiff and sore to stand long. Would have transferred back to my normal pain free setup earlier but was wrapped up in a WORK MYSTERY which I solved first. I dunno what I would be like if my work were constant. Probably burnt out because I can't put down a good puzzle.

Anyway, work was busy and in parts frustrating, but made it through another Monday (how many are there before I retire again...?)

Got a nice little bonus. :) Putting it all in the Fix The Rotten Siding fund.

Second Airrosti appointment today and I'd iced my back a couple of times prior and that had helped the soreness a lot today. Still, big range of motion improvement. It's funny how much I forget I'm not able to do after 5 weeks, and then whoa oh hey I can almost touch my toes again??? I am digging the treatment and think it's probably the best option I've come across yet. Think chiropracty for muscles, though they also do actual chiropractic work if needed, they are flexible and aim at aggressive pain reduction and giving you strong at home PT homework. I think this is working so well for me because of the crazy spasms I was getting. A lot of my movement issues and pain seem to stem from the area that was so very very angry, and the actual mechanical disc pain really isn't all that much currently. It is promising. They want me to ice more. Can do, buckaroo.

Things to work on: MORE VEGETABLES GOSH DARN IT STOP SUGAR BINGING 

working on one treat a day til Whole 30

dropping monster at Whole 30 obviously, but TRYING to stick to one a day max til then, then cold turkey after Whole 30, like with all the other sodas.

• Like 3

Challenge Threads

BATTLE LOG (Current)

MFP | Instagram

1 hour ago, ixaera said:

dropping monster at Whole 30 obviously, but TRYING to stick to one a day max til then, then cold turkey after Whole 30, like with all the other sodas.

DROP IT NOW You go at your own pace, boo

6360760486490571102064959869_support.gif

1 hour ago, ixaera said:

Things to work on: MORE VEGETABLES GOSH DARN IT STOP SUGAR BINGING 

g6NBJLg.gif

• Like 3
7 hours ago, Cataleya said:

DROP IT NOW You go at your own pace, boo

6360760486490571102064959869_support.gif

Bahahaha

I know where you're coming from!

Normally I'm not a "do this on X date type person" when I'm talking about a new habit or forever thing, but omigosh my coworker is out of town for a week and now is not the time to be scrambling for caffeine XD

SOON

• Like 2

Challenge Threads

BATTLE LOG (Current)

MFP | Instagram

2 hours ago, ixaera said:

Bahahaha

I know where you're coming from!

Normally I'm not a "do this on X date type person" when I'm talking about a new habit or forever thing, but omigosh my coworker is out of town for a week and now is not the time to be scrambling for caffeine XD

SOON

giphy.gif

Yeah no I totally get where you're coming from. XD

• Like 1

Suuggaaarrr---

I generally do not sugar but lately I've had Twizzlers and giant Conversation Hearts at my disposal and while I haven't gone hog wild, a few a day is definitely more than I'm used to.  I finally ate all the rest of the Twizzlers at home last night for the Greater Good and they are now out of my life!!!!!!!!!!  That stuff is totally addicting, I can see why kicking the habit is so hard.

• Like 2

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 50 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

» visit me @ my BATTLE LOG~

On 2/25/2017 at 6:58 AM, RedStone said:

I have no idea what things look like :P But x-rays are so cool. Sounds like things are hapenning and I'm very happy there are actions for you!!! Hoping the SMR helps (the 2X daily is foam rolling?) 

Image result for uhm

That's an MRI.   

If you look at the yellow circle (L4-L5), you will see an indentation on to the nerves (the bright white line.)  depending on what is being pressed on...  you can lose strength in 1 or both legs or toes or anything below that point in the body, have random pains and other uncomfortable things happen to you.  

If you look at the red circle (L5-S1) you will notice the S1 (the bottom) is forward and pinching the disk (ouch!!) and the disk is hanging out a little.  I would guess that's were most of the pain is and when @ixaera puts a load on her core/back.  Also, you can notice the lack of whitish color in the disk...  that is bad too.

Everything above the yellow circle is how your disks are suppose to look.  

I'm not a doctor (obviously)...  just that my back looks a lot like that too.  Or it did the last time I had an MRI.  

• Like 2

May Br0din bless you with mighty gains, and may your shaker bottle always be full.

Wheymen

...and, if you die...  Walk it off - Captain America

Level 13: 1/4 Giant Warrior

STR - 50 | DEX - 19 | STA - 19 | CON - 14 | WIS - 28 | CHA - 24

My food logging is here*: MFP: tyrsnbdr

6 hours ago, shaar said:

Suuggaaarrr---

I generally do not sugar but lately I've had Twizzlers and giant Conversation Hearts at my disposal and while I haven't gone hog wild, a few a day is definitely more than I'm used to.  I finally ate all the rest of the Twizzlers at home last night for the Greater Good and they are now out of my life!!!!!!!!!!  That stuff is totally addicting, I can see why kicking the habit is so hard.

omigosh so on V Day I went and got a POUND bag of candy hearts because I dunno reasons

ate half the thing in a sitting then threw the other half away in horror at myself lol

I can't do just a little for some reason vOv

5 hours ago, Br0din said:

I'm not a doctor (obviously)...  just that my back looks a lot like that too.  Or it did the last time I had an MRI.  

*sniffle* I was feeling so good after my PT exercises this morning and I went to the gym to do volume bench and some bro stuff and right on my last set or so I noticed soreness, which when I got into my car graduated into that muscle thing it does, not quite spastic, but like, super tight and painful and on the cusp of cramping. Same damn muscle. it hates me so much. Whatever I did, back, I'm so sorry D:

• Like 3

Challenge Threads

BATTLE LOG (Current)

MFP | Instagram

Tuesday Check In

Fruits & Vegetables

In order of appearance

Poblano & potato & corn chowder

Apple

A bit better b/c of the veggie filled soup, but not enough variety in veggies lately. (I rectified this this morning with a hearty amount of spinach in my scramble.)

Water

Did great, lots of tea, lots of water, too much caffeine, too much monster :(

Chores

3/3

barely, kinda scrambled to do these around bedtime, but at least something got done

This week's house goals:

2. Clear lady cave floor (includes vaccuuming)

Decor upgrade:

Drapes, let's do this

Volume Bench Day

1x5 30 lbs (dumbbell bench)

1x3 45 lbs

1x3 55 lbs

5x5 76.5 lbs

Felt good and strong. I should have video'd to make sure I kept my arch, but it felt like I did. Note: ZERO back issues. Not even a twinge.

Seated DB Press

1x8 24 lbs

3x10 30 lbs

Raised the reps, nice and challenging. Still zero back issues here.

DB flies, flat back feet up (this is how I usually do them, really)

3x10 24 lbs

Close grip bench (flat back, feet up)

2x8 55 lbs

1x6 55 lbs

I superset the last two, and I'd say my back started to frown a bit in here towards the last set.

Preacher DB curls

2x8 24 lbs

1x9 24 lbs

Cable tricep pushdowns w/ rope attachment

3x8 50 lbs

Superset these also. Back got angry somewhere at the end. Not sure at all why.

Things different from normal: the one set of DB warm up on bench, two extra reps per set on seated press, close grip bench (normally I do the lateral push machine, but thought a bench variation might be more fun yesterday, and it was), one extra rep on curls (yayyy I am stronger)

Felt that something was back to being wrong when I put my water in my the car, which involved some leaning over (bag in floorboard). Got to work, getting out of the car was a special exercise in patience, but couldn't go home to rest back because of a meeting and some Terrible Paperwork From Big Corporate Hell (I needed the printer/scanner). I also had a lot of work going on, so I didn't manage to get back to my pain free spot at home til nearly 3:30 pm. Sleeping was OK, woke up super stiff and close to spasm/cramp land, but PT helped bring me from a 4.5 to almost a 3 in pain, and I'm around a 3 now. I miss the 2's of yesterweek, though, and I feel frustrated.

Just had an enormous protein rich, veggie rich, happiness soaked breakfast. Hoping that helps keep the sugar munchies at bay.

95bd67c57fb231e049018584b5a57a9a.gif

• Like 4

Challenge Threads

BATTLE LOG (Current)

MFP | Instagram

39 minutes ago, ixaera said:

Clear lady cave floor (includes vaccuuming)

LADY CAAAVEEEEE. What's your lady cave like??????? JEALZ! :P 

Superset these also. Back got angry somewhere at the end. Not sure at all why.

Stabilization issues maybe? Even for isolation like this it could put a lot of strain on your trunk trying to stay solid...

Also...

tcPcMXf.png

Just had an enormous protein rich, veggie rich, happiness soaked breakfast. Hoping that helps keep the sugar munchies at bay.

I read this as emotional protein rich... I'm gonna say it still applies!

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Cataleya said:

Saaaame. I've been basically giving away my Girl Scout Cookies and well, I still have two boxes left. They are unopened partially because I'm doing the no sugar added thing, and partially because I WILL EAT HALF THE BOX

My wife had me hide them, and she left the house so she didn't know were I hid them...  and she found then in less than a day...

• Like 4

May Br0din bless you with mighty gains, and may your shaker bottle always be full.

Wheymen

...and, if you die...  Walk it off - Captain America

Level 13: 1/4 Giant Warrior

STR - 50 | DEX - 19 | STA - 19 | CON - 14 | WIS - 28 | CHA - 24

My food logging is here*: MFP: tyrsnbdr

48 minutes ago, Cataleya said:

Saaaame. I've been basically giving away my Girl Scout Cookies and well, I still have two boxes left. They are unopened partially because I'm doing the no sugar added thing, and partially because I WILL EAT HALF THE BOX

I am LUCKY in that I don't particularly like girl scout cookies! Don't get me wrong, they are cookies and I will absolutely eat them (especially frozen thin mints) but this is absolutely a snack I can portion out XD

But others, like poptarts or cake balls or those brach's conversation hearts or necco wafers (which at least come in single serve packages!) I will just mow through like nothing else. I can be super full with a stomach ache and still be trying to eat more of this stuff.

43 minutes ago, Br0din said:

My wife had me hide them, and she left the house so she didn't know were I hid them...  and she found then in less than a day...

My boyfriend is ridiculously bad at hiding things, plus even if the point is like, he goes and gets me one serving a week or something, he will make SERIOUS JUDGE FACE and then pretend to forget where they are. lol

He hides his own bags of chips (just those little one serving bags, he's not a huge chip eater) because I will absolutely steal them. He brought home chips that were a gift the other day and I was like "when you open that I want to try one" because the package says NINJA GINGER and who doesn't want to eat that I mean come on!

But apparently he's never going to eat them because it's a gift? I don't understand at all.

I need to find a bag so I can try them.

• Like 1

Challenge Threads

BATTLE LOG (Current)

MFP | Instagram

I said NO to the lady selling them at the office. I don't need them. They're one of these things we buy then feel guilty about it and yet feel guilty for NOT buying them. WTF.

• Like 1

Level 13 Shape-shifting Warrior Monk

STR:45 | DEX:18 | STA:10 | CON:37 | WIS:37 | CHA:27

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Battle Log : MFP : Instagram : Challenges - 1, 23456789101112

1 hour ago, Urgan said:

I said NO to the lady selling them at the office. I don't need them. They're one of these things we buy then feel guilty about it and yet feel guilty for NOT buying them. WTF.

GUILT NO MATTER WHAT

IT'S NOT A GUILT TRIP

IT'S A GUILT TRAP

Anyway, I'm always whining about my back and never saying "it feels so much better right now" so here I am, saying it sucked a lot earlier today but after some light elliptical and doing my PT twice a few hours apart and following up both with 20 min on 20 min off 20 min on ice, here it is, feeling MUCH better. I'll do an extra PT session before bed in the the hope it results in a happier morning tomorrow.

Here's me NOT whining! :D

• Like 4

Challenge Threads

BATTLE LOG (Current)

MFP | Instagram

13 hours ago, ixaera said:

GUILT NO MATTER WHAT

IT'S NOT A GUILT TRIP

IT'S A GUILT TRAP

Anyway, I'm always whining about my back and never saying "it feels so much better right now" so here I am, saying it sucked a lot earlier today but after some light elliptical and doing my PT twice a few hours apart and following up both with 20 min on 20 min off 20 min on ice, here it is, feeling MUCH better. I'll do an extra PT session before bed in the the hope it results in a happier morning tomorrow.

Here's me NOT whining! :D

I hope you are having a happier morning! I'm like super behind on your challenge. (I've been skimming it though.) What is the prescribed PT? 

• Like 1

Jǫrð, Delvian Nomad - Level 12 { Battle Log }

2 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

I hope you are having a happier morning! I'm like super behind on your challenge. (I've been skimming it though.) What is the prescribed PT? 

Oh man it's a roller coaster ride now. I never know exactly what I'm going to get or how long it's going to last. Yesterday I woke up with worse than usual suckage, but it graduated into pretty darn good by midday, went to bed with it fairly decent! Woke up with more suckage, but less than yesterday by a bit, so I did upper back at the gym. Just being up and around helps it, but the car rides associated weren't fun, and I found that when I got home, I couldn't reach over to the right to grab my bag, I had to get out of the car and open that door and reach down. Yay. More PT and ice currently and it's... better again? I don't know what I'll show up with for the Airrosti lady today. 

It seems easy to piss off, but almost as easy to appease again. IMVHO that's a hell of a lot better than anything that isn't easy to appease :) 

Things I still can't do: sit for long, bend down without squatting on toes (need that perfect lumbar to do it), any compression over 15ish pounds is a bad plan

Things that I realized might be behind the morning back issue: I had missed my anti inflammatory pill one day and took it when I woke up and have just been taking it then since. This was several days ago. Maybe waking up at the tail end of that pill's effectiveness is causing morning back grouches. going to take it before bed tonight instead and see what happens.

EDIT: OK I NEED CAFFEINE I SIDETRACKED MYSELF AND NEVER ANSWERED YOU TADDEA lol

The PT prescribed is lacrosse ball rolling on the glutes and low back (I find only the glutes is really easing my issue between the two), lacrosse ball under hamstring, lean forward to put weight on it and kick out 5 times, successfully closer to glute each time (this one helps a lot too), and mackenzie presses (lay on stomach, and push up to elbows for a few seconds 10x, with 10 seconds rest between each press up)

Edited again because I forgot this one: Ice 20 min on 20 min off 20 min on twice a day, no heat ever

I've added in some core work from the mcgill book myself. I also walk a few times a day, try not to rest in one place too long, and I'm aiming for 3x a week elliptical on a lowish setting (not challenging, but not TOO easy either)

• Like 3

Challenge Threads

BATTLE LOG (Current)

MFP | Instagram