• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

elvenengineer

ElvenEngineer Talks a Lot

So, for zero week we are keeping it simple - post every day!

Image result for let's do this gif

Challenge will probably revolve around lifting things, eating things, and maybe a slight dash of cardio. 

Image result for cardio kills gains

There will also be random gifs, because I am terrible at themes and completely okay with that!

Powerlifting.gif

And we have GOALS! This is not a drill people!

Image result for bb8 gif

I finally did the Challenge Planning worksheet (hey, I'm only one challenge behind!), and it was super helpful

(Planning worksheet is here if you haven't seen it yet)

My four smart goals for this one will be:

1) Fruit or veggie each day
2) Track in MFP 5x per week
3) One relaxing or nice thing a day (mental health)
4) 2x per week - do a yoga class or 10 minute mobility session 

And since excel doesn't work, posting daily doesn't work, I'm going to try.... STICKERS! I love stickers lol. So I'll give myself a sticker for each thing, and then I'll post a pic at the end of the week of my calendar :)

At least that's the plan - can always be adjusted. Maybe I'll buy some cute star wars stickers or something.... hmm....

• Like 10

FitNotes Workout - Monday 6th February 2017

** Overhead Press **

- 45.0 lbs x 5 reps

- 50.0 lbs x 5 reps

- 57.5 lbs x 3 reps

- 62.5 lbs x 4 reps [PR] - this was a 1+AMRAP and I got 4!! Definitely making progress, I LOVE fractional plates

- 57.5 lbs x 3 reps

- 50.0 lbs x 5 reps

** Deadlift **

- 110.0 lbs x 5 reps

- 125.0 lbs x 3 reps

- 140.0 lbs x 2 reps [PR]

- 125.0 lbs x 3 reps

- 110.0 lbs x 5 reps

Really good gym day for it being late instead of early, not having eaten enough calories, and recovering from food poisoning.

Not enough calories due to the whole food poisoning incident. Waking up at 2am to go throw up is such fun....

Still went in to work mostly because I figured if I called out my boss would assume I was hungover from a late super bowl party. Now lifting. Next I am going to sleep :)

I'm also having some sinus issues because that's life lol.

Therapy today was good. We decided maybe journaling would be good for me so I'm going to play with that a little. She also gave me reading homework lol

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, elvenengineer said:

You have a theme! You're doing holidays!

lol that was totally a cop out, and only because i was trying to think of something while sitting in my cube and looking at my work calendar... 

giphy.gif

• Like 2

14 hours ago, elvenengineer said:

- 62.5 lbs x 4 reps [PR] - this was a 1+AMRAP and I got 4!! Definitely making progress, I LOVE fractional plates

AWWW YEAH!!!! And when did I miss food poisoning???? UGGGHHHH 

18 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

i was trying to think of something while sitting in my cube and looking at my work calendar... 

LMAOOOOOOOOO

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, RedStone said:

AWWW YEAH!!!! And when did I miss food poisoning???? UGGGHHHH 

My best guess is that the wings I ate while watching the Super Bowl did not agree with me.

1 hour ago, CourtnieMarie said:

lol that was totally a cop out, and only because i was trying to think of something while sitting in my cube and looking at my work calendar... 

As a Louisianaian (or something, we can't spell) I heartily approve of your inclusion of Mardi Gras

1 hour ago, elvenengineer said:

My best guess is that the wings I ate while watching the Super Bowl did not agree with me.

As a Louisianaian (or something, we can't spell) I heartily approve of your inclusion of Mardi Gras

weird thing for wings to do... unless they potentially weren't cooked all the way? that's happened to me a couple times at restaurants.

and I would LOVE to go down and celebrate Carnival someday!

• Like 1

I did yoga at work today (i love that teacher, I only wish she taught more classes!)

Goals for tonight are laundry and copious amounts of final fantasy XV :)

tapped on a tiny keyboard

• Like 4

I did some laundry and played ffxv last night and got lots of sleep but today I am feeling absolutely terrible from a sinus standpoint. I actually left work and am home, about to nap. Very rare. I usually only miss work when I'm contagious :(

If luck is with me I might feel well enough for the gym tonight. Won't be able to go tomorrow probably because there will be lots of snow! Yay!

But I will say that a temperature of 65 today with snow tomorrow is why my sinuses are angry :(

tapped on a tiny keyboard

Decided not to go work out. Despite a nap, It's not even 8pm and I'm exhausted.

People do open up shop on snow days, even if it takes a little longer than usual. If possible, will go tomorrow. If not, will go Friday. It'll be fine!

I know I'm low on calories (I didn't eat lunch or dinner except I made some garlic toast because it was the only thing that sounded good), so if I am hungry, will eat.

I got a decent amount of adulting done today, despite the sick thing. Taxes are done, hotel and rental car for my trip next week are booked, and I moved a flight I needed to move (Airlines, why do you charge $200 to change flights?!). 

Now I shall read and drink tea/wine/water and have whatever snacks sound good :D

• Like 3

11 hours ago, elvenengineer said:

Decided not to go work out. Despite a nap, It's not even 8pm and I'm exhausted.

People do open up shop on snow days, even if it takes a little longer than usual. If possible, will go tomorrow. If not, will go Friday. It'll be fine!

It will in fact be fine. :) The gym will be there when you are ready for it. Sleep, it does a body good. 

Hopefully the tea/wine/or whatever you indulged in last night was helpful. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

It will in fact be fine. :) The gym will be there when you are ready for it. Sleep, it does a body good. 

Hopefully the tea/wine/or whatever you indulged in last night was helpful. 

I had both tea and wine! It was fantastic :)

Feeling much better today!

• Like 2

Since the title of your challenge is talking a lot.....

So, did you ever figure out how to play Eador and rock it?  Just curious.  I started up again a couple of weeks ago.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sam Ashen said:

Since the title of your challenge is talking a lot.....

So, did you ever figure out how to play Eador and rock it?  Just curious.  I started up again a couple of weeks ago.

I, unfortunately have not. I haven't really been playing any computer games. Mostly been focusing on Xbox!

How are you doing with it?

If I played anything it'd probably be Pillars of Eternity - I really liked that one :)