• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

elvenengineer

ElvenEngineer Talks a Lot

On 2/14/2017 at 9:49 PM, elvenengineer said:

It's good! I'm unfortunately going out of town the next couple weeks though, so I had to skip them.

First trial went well though! I may actually buy stuff to make it on my own again

that looks delicious. I definitely need to get some more fish in my life

• Like 1

FitNotes Workout - Friday 17th February 2017

** Barbell Squat **

- 45.0 lbs x 5 reps

- 65.0 lbs x 5 reps

- 85.0 lbs x 3 reps

- 95.0 lbs x 3 reps

- 105.0 lbs x 5 reps

- 95.0 lbs x 3 reps

- 85.0 lbs x 3 reps

** Flat Barbell Bench Press **

- 45.0 lbs x 5 reps

- 55.0 lbs x 5 reps

- 65.0 lbs x 3 reps

- 75.0 lbs x 3 reps

- 85.0 lbs x 2 reps

- 75.0 lbs x 3 reps

- 65.0 lbs x 3 reps

tapped on a tiny keyboard

• Like 3

In other news my ankle is acting up again. There goes the spontaneous skiing trip one of my friends planned. I mean, they'll still go but I need to see the chiro asap. It tends to only get worse once it freaks out, though I'll keep doing gentle mobilizations in the meantime.

This is the second time this happened after flying though. Will ask chiro if there is something I can do to prevent

2 hours ago, miss_marissa said:

Congrats on the bench PR and spontaneous adventure!

Hoping the ankle feels better.

There was a bench PR?! Where?

I almost got another one while I was in Detroit, but my spotter touched the bar. He tried to assure me he didn't touch it a lot, but eh, I'll just count it next time.

Did I post this already somewhere? I'm having posting deja vu....

Ankle is back at 100%! It may just need to be adjusted every few months, which tbh is fine. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, elvenengineer said:

Ankle is back at 100%! It may just need to be adjusted every few months, which tbh is fine. 

YUS BACK! YUS PR! (Yeah, it probably counts, I'll celebrate twice, no bigs ;)) Hope The trip was a success!! 

• Like 1

On 2/20/2017 at 5:36 PM, elvenengineer said:

There was a bench PR?! Where?

Ummm... this one?

On 2/11/2017 at 2:23 AM, elvenengineer said:

FitNotes Workout - Friday 10th February 2017

** Flat Barbell Bench Press **

- 45.0 lbs x 5 reps

- 55.0 lbs x 5 reps

- 67.5 lbs x 5 reps

- 77.5 lbs x 3 reps

- 87.5 lbs x 1 rep [PR]

- 77.5 lbs x 3 reps

- 67.5 lbs x 5 reps

** Barbell Squat **

- 45.0 lbs x 5 reps

- 65.0 lbs x 5 reps

- 80.0 lbs x 5 reps

- 90.0 lbs x 3 reps

- 100.0 lbs x 5 reps

- 90.0 lbs x 3 reps

- 80.0 lbs x 5 reps

We shall count this as Fridays post and I have an entertaining story for later that will explain why I'm posting this at 3:30am lol

Also, *poke*

• Like 3

Oh dear, do I have stories for you guys.

Will have to wait until I am back at my computer but I just got back from Canada where my passport and work laptop got stolen, I dont have a work phone or international on my personal plan, so I've been very uncommunicative.

CANADA. !!

All the Canadians I know are super friendly. I thought stealing was against their ethical code or something? :lol:

2 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

CANADA. !!

All the Canadians I know are super friendly. I thought stealing was against their ethical code or something? :lol:

Depending on which part of Canadia she was in it could have been a polar bear. Those guys are jerks. Basically giant horrifying raccoons.

• Like 6

Depending on which part of Canadia she was in it could have been a polar bear. Those guys are jerks. Basically giant horrifying raccoons.

I don't think Montreal has polar bears.... Feel free to correct me though!

On 3/2/2017 at 6:49 AM, Taddea Zhaan said:
CANADA. !!

All the Canadians I know are super friendly. I thought stealing was against their ethical code or something? 

Thats what I thought?!

I need @Sam Ashen to weigh in on this lol

• Like 3

Okay, so my planner with all the stickers for my goal progress was in the backpack that the not so nice people stole from the rental car in Montreal (along with my passport, work laptop, bujo, umbrella, ergonomic mouse, and other things).

I have a lot of FEELINGS about it, but that is why I have a therapist lol

I also didn't remember that I had three trips scheduled in a two week period during this challenge, so I'm sorry I've been a little MIA! 

Not so great on the lifting front either - the last time I lifted was.... the Friday I was in Detroit, so 15 days ago. Not crazy long, but I'm definitely ready to get back into it. Or no wait, I may have lifted Monday as well... it was around 2 weeks, we can leave it at that. 

Since this is already the last week, I'm just going to do a 'post every day' goal, like my Zero Week challenge :) And bonus points for self-care things. 

I'm also going to go back to the traditional 5/3/1/ template for a while with bodyweight accessories, because I'm having some insomnia and tiredness problems, and it's going to be a long couple of weeks redoing some stuff that was only stored locally on my computer and external hard drive (guess who isn't going to bring her backup hard drive with her on trips anymore?)

For example, this is the post for today, and today I also napped! 

• Like 3

Okay, well today has been deeply uninteresting, but exactly what I needed after all the excitement the last couple of weeks.

I am feeling a tad under the weather though, so a nice low-key weekend was perfect, though a little too short. 

Did a lot of cleaning, Netflix watching, mailing my former SO some of his stuff back (whew), lots of laundry. 

Image result for laundry gif

There was also random dancing around my apartment, though I'm not anywhere near that cool. 

Hoping to start the program back up tomorrow morning, I'm looking at doing:

Monday - Overhead Press, Chin-Ups, Dips

Tuesday - Deadlifts, Glute Ham Raises (new - looked up LOTS of newbie variations), and abs (probably leg raises)

Wednesday - Cardio/Yoga

Thursday - Bench, Pull-Ups, Push Ups

Friday - Squats, Pistol squat work?, Abs

Sat/Sun - Cardio/Yoga as desired

Kind of want to throw some handstand work in there, maybe if I finish early one day I'll add it. Idk what to classify it under- abs maybe?

I also randomly do some of the classes at work, they aren't intense and they can be fun so it's nice to mix it up.

May do Zumba tomorrow, and the spin class on Tuesdays is also good. As well as the Tuesday Yoga. 

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, elvenengineer said:

Kind of want to throw some handstand work in there, maybe if I finish early one day I'll add it. Idk what to classify it under- abs maybe?

I also randomly do some of the classes at work, they aren't intense and they can be fun so it's nice to mix it up.

May do Zumba tomorrow, and the spin class on Tuesdays is also good. As well as the Tuesday Yoga. 

I kinda see handstands as core but also shoulder... so maybe after OHP or bench day?

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Blocky said:

I kinda see handstands as core but also shoulder... so maybe after OHP or bench day?

I'm still in the 'do planks against the wall at various heights' stage, primarily due to wrist issues, so it's feeling more abs than shoulders. Maybe it would be good to throw it in as core now, and then as I progress up the wall to shift it to a more shoulders focus? 

I know I've read that really the best way to improve at handstands is to just do a little bit every day, so I may also try that!

I do have a hard stop to finish my workout, so it can be a thing I cut if I get to the gym late or something. 

• Like 2

FitNotes Workout - Monday 6th March 2017

** Overhead Press **

- 45.0 lbs x 5 reps

- 50.0 lbs x 3 reps

- 55.0 lbs x 3 reps

- 60.0 lbs x 4 reps

- 55.0 lbs x 3 reps

- 50.0 lbs x 3 reps

- 45.0 lbs x 5 reps

** Assisted Chin Up **

- 80.0 lbs x 7 reps

- 80.0 lbs x 6 reps

- 80.0 lbs x 4 reps

- 80.0 lbs x 3 reps

** Assisted Dips **

- 65.0 lbs x 8 reps

- 65.0 lbs x 7 reps

- 65.0 lbs x 5 reps

** Handstand Work **

- 01:39

• Like 2

13 hours ago, elvenengineer said:

Okay, well today has been deeply uninteresting, but exactly what I needed after all the excitement the last couple of weeks.

I'm so mad at Canada for being a dick to you. Seriously dude, what the junk??? A little quiet and R&R goes a long way after that! So glad you're getting some decom in!!!

13 hours ago, elvenengineer said:

There was also random dancing around my apartment, though I'm not anywhere near that cool. 

Yes. Yes you are. 

• Like 3

wow! ugh, so sorry about the theft. that is just so annoying to deal with. insurance should cover for the anxiety and time it takes to get yourself back to normal after a loss.

nice OHP day though!!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Blocky said:

Second.

19 hours ago, elvenengineer said:

I'm still in the 'do planks against the wall at various heights' stage, primarily due to wrist issues, so it's feeling more abs than shoulders. Maybe it would be good to throw it in as core now, and then as I progress up the wall to shift it to a more shoulders focus? 

I know I've read that really the best way to improve at handstands is to just do a little bit every day, so I may also try that!

I do have a hard stop to finish my workout, so it can be a thing I cut if I get to the gym late or something. 

Yes everyday is good. Even if it's just balance work though... e.g. crow pose or tripods

• Like 1

Plan is to do handstandy things every day :)

wanted to type a more thought out post but I'm crazy tired. I hope I didnt catch whatever is going around the office but hopefully going to bed at 8pm will help. Lifted this morning (see above) did work yoga which was way more intense than usual because the normal instructor was, you guessed it, sick.

I shall be grumpy if sick times ruins deadlift day tomorrow....

Honestly if I wasn't enrolled in a very expensive non-refundable training class tomorrow I would stay home. My team is already eating the cost of my replacement laptop, I dont want them paying the like, $800 no show fee

Adios!

• Like 1