• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Chris Tarly

Brogo something something...

I swiped the off button instead of the snooze button this morning. So i was late to work... only twelve minutes. But rushing out the door i didn't have time to pack my lunch so eating was a bit off today... Sandwich and Cheetos.

Was all veggie once i got home.

I did a fifteen minute zazen session too.

Then i painted another attempt at the K545. Not quite there yet but I made a big step in the right direction. I also ordered a book on encaustic painting so I can do some research for when the time comes.

• Like 2

Bear complex

65# 3(3)

85# 2(3), 2.5

On the last set i heard a pop and crack in my wrist at the bottom of the front squat which became burning shooting pain when i tried the press.

Decided it was time to quit there.

Pretty sure it's fine now. The pain went away quickly. I likely was just holding the bar too far back and it tweaked a bit.

• Like 2

Peruvian Aji Amarillo hot sauce might be my new favorite thing. I just had some on this morning's poached eggs. No pr0n, they were not even as photogenic as last weeks, i was over confident and rushed through them, though they actually tasted better. Had them with toast and blackberries and blueberries.

With all these vegetarian foods, I've actually been craving meat. It's not like a constant obsession on my mind, but whenever i think about eating meat my mouth waters a bit. I'm making some Korean bbq chicken thighs later today to remedy this... Someone spent too much time and money in the international aisle at the grocery store. 

The wrist is fine and I'll be doing some more bear complexes today.

I also did another fifteen minutes of zazen yesterday. Props to the meditation pvp for keeping me accountable. Though I'm not lost on the irony that a ego building exercise like competition or accountability to a community is driving me to do an activity meant to transcend the self and the ego more frequently.

• Like 3

On 2/18/2017 at 3:55 PM, Curl Brogo said:

20170218_165004_zpsaqjdrmth.jpg

*slow clap*

22 hours ago, Curl Brogo said:

Food pr0n:

20170219_175322_zpspmpb9l0q.jpg

Smoked oyster risotto topped with quartered campari tomatoes, and a dirty martini.

I'm not particularly fond of any of those things individually, but this looks really good.

Are you considering oysters vegetarian?

40 minutes ago, miss_marissa said:

*slow clap*

I'm not particularly fond of any of those things individually, but this looks really good.

Are you considering oysters vegetarian?

I love smoked oysters. Not sure why tho. I don't consider them vegetarian, but I'm only aiming for one meat meal per day. 

I prefer martinis sweet with a twist but the dirty one paired better with this risotto i think.

• Like 1

Today i ate this for lunch

20170220_134238_zpssz15bc7t.jpg

Chicken thigh and broccoli in Korean bbq sauce over rice.

Poached eggs for breakfast and I'm gonna figure or what veggie thing I'm eating fire dinner in a few minutes.

I decided to work on rows today and some 10's

Pendlay row:

65# 10

85# 10

95# 4(10)

I also did two thirty minute zazen sessions. I've also spent most if my day rereading Everyday Zen by Charlotte Joko Beck.

I'm going to spend tomorrow at the easel.

• Like 1

Dinner:

20170220_184705_zps3evppgil.jpg

Chipotle veggie sausage and potatoes served with lettuce, sour cream, and salsa... And queso fresco.

Drank my last Moscow mule... No more vodka, and I'm nit planning in getting more any time soon.

• Like 5

I tried to spend the bulk of my day painting. But i gessoed a few canvases and when i started painting one, it came out all wrong. I was merely trying to depict the middle C note on the piano and i totally messed it up. It's way too green.

Instead i spent most of the day cleaning up this shit hole and doing some of the unpacking and organizing I've been putting off. And laundry.

It looks much better in hear and smells a lot less like like dirty laundry and garbage and when i walk around barefoot my soles only reach a shade of light gray and i don't step on little crunchy particles etc.

I ate eggs with chorizo (the only meat today) and toast and lettuce and salsa topped with more queso fresco for breakfast. Late Lunch/early dinner was tofu and veggies in Korma sauce over rice. Gonna have a snack before bed.

I also batch cooked my lunches. I made two boxes of Mac and cheese into which i added sliced veggie frankfurters... Because I am an adult... Seriously tho, 50g protein per serving, about 810 cals.

I got in 20 min of zazen, and mindfulness has been on my mind all day. I've also been researching meditation and zen facilities and temples in the area. And i ordered a book by Thich Nhat Hahn.

My book on encaustic painting arrived today. I've already read 110 pp. (most of it is gorgeous pictures of encaustic paintings). Looks straightforward enough, but i need materials. 

I just finished a Manhattan.

• Like 6

i was always a fan of tuna in my mac and cheese, but it's probably harder to find a veggie version of that!

props on the cleaning. i need to stop having cabin fever after 10 mins indoors and do that

• Like 2

Yup. Went from barbells and bacon to zen and tofu... And barbells.

Today was all vegetarian.

I got 15 min of zazen when i got home. All damn day I was mindfully monitoring my mind. I got my mind on my mind and my mind on my mind...ya know. I was in a shitty mood, but i didn't get myself wrapped up in it enough to really feel shitty. I just was shitty and that was okay. I believe the shitiness was hanger and lack of sleep. I really forced myself to get up earlier today after going to bed later last night.

• Like 4

Rock on! I love seeing the food pr0n, very inspiring! Now that I've jumped back in, will surely be coming back for motivation. Also LOVE the beard!

• Like 1

Cod Korma with carrots and tomatoes

20170223_183328_zpslhg7l2io.jpg

That's dinner. I only ate half the rice... The stuff underneath all that shiny golden goodness on top... I made a whole cup (dry) because i wound up hauling pallets today and that completely destroyed my energy.

And get this...

I only had one, crappy cup of coffee from the vending machine at work. 

And that was all the caffeine i had all day. One cup of crappy vending machine coffee.

And i didn't even make any (ultimately fruitless but sincere nonetheless) attempts to destroy the world.

I got ten minutes of zazen in this morning... Even more bizarre, i was able to get up at 4:30 without caffeine.

I totally felt shitty, but i managed that shit.

I did this because maybe caffeine is what's causing me to lay in bed thinking and not really sleeping all night. Also, I'm really putting in the work on my zen practice. I've noticed lately how quickly my mind goes from idea to idea and builds up stories... I think it may be caffeine making my thoughts race, and today i felt they calmed down a bit. So of i can sleep through the night well, I'll continue cutting caffeine tomorrow.

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, Curl Brogo said:

Cod Korma with carrots and tomatoes

20170223_183328_zpslhg7l2io.jpg

How great would this be if you replaced the carrots with sweet potatoes? I only ask because I don't know how the sauce is supposed to taste like, and I hate carrots, but it looks so delicious!