Studio Shadri :: whisper of the heart

Dusk

tumblr_mrzuvmFyEV1sgvgllo1_500.gif

This is me for the past… long while. Tired and unmotivated. And frankly, I still am. I know I’m capable of so much more, but I just haven’t had the energy for it.

I have noticed that I get the most done during the school day. I am not able to wake up any earlier than I already do (trust me, I’ve tried); and by the time I get home from school, I’m so exhausted that I usually just lay down in bed for the rest of the night. So, I’m going to try a new exercise strategy this time around: Go to the gym while I’m on campus. Don’t expect to get it done at home. GO TO THE GYM. 

Spoiler

0ad0f9977afa5d1d1e7c1b5516563cbe.gif

(I doubt it will be as fun as Shizuku’s adventure chasing Moon! But I gotta do it!!!)

I also need to get a better handle on the things I put in my mouth! I am pretty good about meal prep and having healthy foods available; but while I’m at school, if I run out of snacks, the moment I become hungry I am tempted to buy food and drinks! That is a problem. 

62d4fd63e91a15d0ed51a8ee870c9081.gif

I know I’m capable of much more than I’ve been doing, because I’ve done much more in the past. So I’m going to do my best to push through this tough time in my life, even if it’s a nanomoment at a time. I have it in me, somewhere. I just have to figure out how to unbury it.

4858a1e51455928c323c7e30e9e62e52.gif

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

I’ve started a bullet journal, and I’m going to design a spread in it to keep track of my goals:
~ work out AT THE GYM [3 times per week]
~ eat healthy [5 days per week]
~ didn’t buy consumables at school [5 days per week] [weekends don't count, cos I'm not at school anyways!! has to be during the business week]
~ read my Bible [3 days per week] [getting back into the habit, so starting small]
  • Like 9
44 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Good set of goals, working out at school is a good strategy.

Thank you! I'm hoping it works ^_____^,,,

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Batch cooking for the week: COMPLETE

~ boiled eggs for snacks

~ roasted sweet potatoes, roasted broccoli/cauliflower, & pork loin bowls
~ breakfast burritos featuring spicy sausage, egg, and ~kale!!~

I also bought a plantain while I was grocery shopping on Sunday! I've never eaten one before, but I've heard they're good. Sometime this week, I'm going to try frying it in olive oil in a frying pan, with some salt and lime juice for flavor: per an internet recipe.

• Like 4

Good set up, I love the simplicity of your goals. Working out on campus is a great one. I try to time my visits when I'm either just finishing classes for the day or before (I start at 4pm one day and 2pm another...) Definitely helps... if you remember to pack your gym clothes! 

• Like 1

“All You Have To Decide Is What To Do With The Time That Is Given To You.” - Gandalf

Current Challenge: A Bold New Year

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13 1415|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|2728 29|30

The Chronicles of Rhovaniel, Dúnedain Ranger: Vol I, Vol IIVol III, Interim| Vol IV|Vol V 

Maaaan if I DON'T go to the gym to work out I am a slackapotamus.  I really feel like I need to be in a 'fitness-centric place' to do the fitness, or at least, the heavy stuff. XD

GO SHADRI GO!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

23 hours ago, Rinna said:

Hey girl.  Sounding good. I gotchur back. :) 

thanks mama <3

17 hours ago, Muir said:

This sounds like a good challenge. Following along to provide whatever support is needed. Including scarves.

tumblr_o1okwiPmkC1qet0cro2_500.gif

S C A R V E S ? ? ? ? ??????

<3 <3 <3

Hi!

17 hours ago, Rhovaniel said:

Good set up, I love the simplicity of your goals. Working out on campus is a great one. I try to time my visits when I'm either just finishing classes for the day or before (I start at 4pm one day and 2pm another...) Definitely helps... if you remember to pack your gym clothes! 

Yep, heh! Luckily, I have enough time pretty much any day of the week, so if I forget to pack my gym bag one day, I can always do it the next :)

10 hours ago, MiaulinTheCat said:

Cheering for you, Shadri!

Thanks my dear! <3 ^______^

9 hours ago, shaar said:

Maaaan if I DON'T go to the gym to work out I am a slackapotamus.  I really feel like I need to be in a 'fitness-centric place' to do the fitness, or at least, the heavy stuff. XD

GO SHADRI GO!!!!!!!!

I prefer working out at home, but clearly I can't manage to. xP But like I said above, luckily I have time pretty much any day of the week to get my booty to the gym. 

RAAAAAH! 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Zero Week News

1. My kale breakfast burritos are definitely not as flavorful as the black bean ones. They're not bad though, the eggs and sausage still provide good flavor. But I can't taste the kale at all. Maybe next batch, I'll add some spices. (Lemon pepper? Garlic Powder???? Curry???!?!??!?! <3 <3 <3)

2. I designed my spread in my bullet journal (hereafter shortened to "bujo", as is the common custom) to track my challenge goals!! I just gotta add some color, and then I'll post a picture of it <3

3. I recently discovered the beauty and grace of greyhounds and found the perfect gif to show you

iSjaAOA.gif

</sarcasm> :P

• Like 6

Bless you. You're giving me all sorts of great ideas for tracking my goals this go round. I'm thinking about trying a bullet journal as well! Can you use lined ones do you know? I might use a journal I already have for the purposes of figuring this stuff out.

• Like 1

Grey Jedi Ranger

Jedi Becomes Her Own Hero

Jedi Battle Log

“Keep Calm, Carry On, and Don't Freeze Up!”

- Oboro Shirakumo (Loud Cloud), My Hero Academia Vigilantes

Challenges: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10#11#12#13#14#15#16, #17#18#19#20#21#22#23#24#25#26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33,  #34#35#36#37#38#39#40#41#42#43#44, #45#46#47#48#49#50#51#52#53#54#55#56#57#58#59#60#61#62#63

6 hours ago, Cataleya said:

Yes, yes, all good things. Also Ghibli~

<3

11 minutes ago, TheGreyJedi-Ranger said:

Bless you. You're giving me all sorts of great ideas for tracking my goals this go round. I'm thinking about trying a bullet journal as well! Can you use lined ones do you know? I might use a journal I already have for the purposes of figuring this stuff out.

Yes!! You can use any notebook you want ^_^ I am using a $0.67 mini composition book I got from Walmart (I liked the color - it's a really pretty seafoam green). There's a nicer notebook I'm thinking about buying for when this one fills up - it's a lovely warm yellow.

I will defs post pictures of my journal now so you can see how I've set it up, without having that fancy notebook that everyone else seems to use. :panda: 

• Like 2

Yesssss such a great theme! Here to follow! 

• Like 1

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 49

2022 challenges:  49 (current)

2015-2021 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | | 46 | 4748 ||

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

4 hours ago, Shadri said:

Yes!! You can use any notebook you want ^_^ I am using a $0.67 mini composition book I got from Walmart (I liked the color - it's a really pretty seafoam green). There's a nicer notebook I'm thinking about buying for when this one fills up - it's a lovely warm yellow.

I will defs post pictures of my journal now so you can see how I've set it up, without having that fancy notebook that everyone else seems to use. :panda: 

Please do! This is so bloody soothing <3 I just started one and it's so neat and tidy!!! And colorful! GAH. This is lovely. Worth the time to set it up for sure.

• Like 1

Grey Jedi Ranger

Jedi Battle Log

Challenges: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10#11#12#13#14#15#16, #17#18#19#20#21#22#23#24#25#26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33,  #34#35#36#37#38#39#40#41#42#43#44, #45#46#47#48#49#50#51#52#53#54#55#56#57#58#59#60#61#62#63

18 hours ago, NeverThatBored said:

Yesssss such a great theme! Here to follow! 

^__________^ haiii!

15 hours ago, TheGreyJedi-Ranger said:

Please do! This is so bloody soothing <3 I just started one and it's so neat and tidy!!! And colorful! GAH. This is lovely. Worth the time to set it up for sure.

Yeah, it is time consuming to set up (took me a couple days) but I love it. My brain's been so scrambled lately that it's great to be able to put it on paper. <3

Pictures soon I promise! :panda:

~~~~~

Here's a little totoro I drew to start Thursday off on a magical foot:

Have a wonderful day, my dears! <3

• Like 6

That Totoro is absolutely adorable :) And I can't wait to see your bullet journal! I can show you some pictures of mine as well ^_^

• Like 1

Grey Jedi Ranger

Jedi Battle Log

SHADRI YOU ARE AWESOME AND THAT NEEDS TO BE SAID IN CAPSLOCK K?

Here to follow my oldest NF friend around!  :)

• Like 1

[Level ??] Rurik, the Thunderer

Class: Stormborn War-Shaman (Path of Giants Barbarian/Conquest Paladin/Elemental Domain Cleric)

BRUTALITY 11 | FINESSE 10 | VIGOR 11 | INSIGHT 14 | WILL 13

Equipment:  Studded leather armor, war club, plus adventurer's pack containing rations, rope, and nature-based potions. 

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wild Wolf

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager

On February 9, 2017 at 8:35 AM, MiaulinTheCat said:

Awww, Shadri, I love your little Totoro! So cute! Well done on the leaf, too. That was drawn on a whiteboard? *Throws confetti*

Thanks ^_^ yeah, I love drawing on whiteboards. Unfortunately, it was a public whiteboard and someone erased him later ;n; but I got a photo first, so it's ok!

On February 9, 2017 at 8:47 AM, shaar said:

ADORABBBLLEEEE!! <33333333

<3<3<3<3<3

On February 9, 2017 at 9:19 AM, TheGreyJedi-Ranger said:

That Totoro is absolutely adorable :) And I can't wait to see your bullet journal! I can show you some pictures of mine as well ^_^

Thank you! 

I forgot to take pictures all week, and then I actually got my camera out today to do it, but there are very few pages that are free of personally identifying information :( so it's hard to find good examples of spreads that I can post! Ugh. I will for sure post a picture of my NF Challenge Tracker spread.

On February 9, 2017 at 3:00 PM, Rurik Harrgath said:

SHADRI YOU ARE AWESOME AND THAT NEEDS TO BE SAID IN CAPSLOCK K?

Here to follow my oldest NF friend around!  :)

HAAAAYYYIIIIIII RURIK THANK YOU MUCH YOU ARE WONDERFUL <3

So good to see you back!

On February 10, 2017 at 5:39 PM, Cataleya said:

Totoro is so cute!

Thanksh! :D

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Zero Week News

- Totally forgot to mention that I took @Rinna tail-swimming last weekend! We had such a fun time ^_^

- Speaking of tail-swimming, I ORDERED A MERMAID TAIL TODAY *hyperventilaltes*

- I ate a plantain for the first time ever today! I cut it into slices and fried it in olive oil, and then sprinkled it with salt and lime juice. It was... weird, kind of banana-ish but not really, and very starchy but not really potato-ish, and it's just weird. You can't explain it, you just have to taste it. I really liked it though. I think I'm gonna have to make plantains a regular treat. <3

- Challenge starts tomorrow yay! I'm excited to get to the gym on Monday and work my BUTT off! Literally!!! I took measurements this morning, and it made me pretty sad! So I'm super ready to GET GOING AND DO THE THING AND GET RID OF MY FLUFF!!!!!

- All my internship applications are done, whooo!

- My new tutoring job is going really well! We're doing outreach to the intro physics classes, and we've seen a huge increase in the number of physics kids coming in! Which is EXHAUSTING FOR ME but it's a rewarding kind of exhausting. Versus my old job, which was an irritating kind of exhausting, haha. I'm definitely a lot happier here, and I feel like I'm making a difference in peoples' education, which is awesome. (I guess we'll know just how much of a difference I'm making when they get their exam grades back... heh.)

- I feel like there was something else I wanted to tell you guys about, but... I can't remember. Ah well! If it's important, it'll come back to me.

HAPPY CHALLENGE START, MY FRIENDS!!!!! <3<3<3<3<3

• Like 8
17 hours ago, Shadri said:

Thanks ^_^ yeah, I love drawing on whiteboards. Unfortunately, it was a public whiteboard and someone erased him later ;n; but I got a photo first, so it's ok!

<3<3<3<3<3

Thank you! 

I forgot to take pictures all week, and then I actually got my camera out today to do it, but there are very few pages that are free of personally identifying information :( so it's hard to find good examples of spreads that I can post! Ugh. I will for sure post a picture of my NF Challenge Tracker spread.

HAAAAYYYIIIIIII RURIK THANK YOU MUCH YOU ARE WONDERFUL <3

So good to see you back!

Thanksh! :D

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Zero Week News

- Totally forgot to mention that I took @Rinna tail-swimming last weekend! We had such a fun time ^_^

- Speaking of tail-swimming, I ORDERED A MERMAID TAIL TODAY *hyperventilaltes*

- I ate a plantain for the first time ever today! I cut it into slices and fried it in olive oil, and then sprinkled it with salt and lime juice. It was... weird, kind of banana-ish but not really, and very starchy but not really potato-ish, and it's just weird. You can't explain it, you just have to taste it. I really liked it though. I think I'm gonna have to make plantains a regular treat. <3

- Challenge starts tomorrow yay! I'm excited to get to the gym on Monday and work my BUTT off! Literally!!! I took measurements this morning, and it made me pretty sad! So I'm super ready to GET GOING AND DO THE THING AND GET RID OF MY FLUFF!!!!!

- All my internship applications are done, whooo!

- My new tutoring job is going really well! We're doing outreach to the intro physics classes, and we've seen a huge increase in the number of physics kids coming in! Which is EXHAUSTING FOR ME but it's a rewarding kind of exhausting. Versus my old job, which was an irritating kind of exhausting, haha. I'm definitely a lot happier here, and I feel like I'm making a difference in peoples' education, which is awesome. (I guess we'll know just how much of a difference I'm making when they get their exam grades back... heh.)

- I feel like there was something else I wanted to tell you guys about, but... I can't remember. Ah well! If it's important, it'll come back to me.

HAPPY CHALLENGE START, MY FRIENDS!!!!! <3<3<3<3<3

What is it about shimmying into a skintight mermaid tail that makes you feel like such a girl? That was so much fun, I want a tail.  I just can't justify it......sadness.

• Like 2

Level -20 Zombie Princess

"The only way to lose is to give up."

-Tanktimus the Encourager

"You can't beat someone that refuses to give up”

-Björn Járnhamar

1 hour ago, Rinna said:

What is it about shimmying into a skintight mermaid tail that makes you feel like such a girl? That was so much fun, I want a tail.  I just can't justify it......sadness.

Rumor has it you two know each other, maybe Shadri will share.

• Like 3

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

6 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Rumor has it you two know each other, maybe Shadri will share.

It was magical.  That's all I'm sayin'.

• Like 1

Level -20 Zombie Princess

"The only way to lose is to give up."

-Tanktimus the Encourager

"You can't beat someone that refuses to give up”

-Björn Járnhamar