• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Miw_Sher

Miw-Sher stays in the Zone

225 posts in this topic

My last challenge was all about getting started to make a plan, but also a contract with myself that I wouldn't hesitate to experiment with new approaches to fitness and weight loss. This challenge will be about steadily continuing those habits, while also training for a Tough Mudder and a 20k (more on the latter soon).

A few things have already changed in my approach - for one, I have separate threads for my ongoing (primarily) TM training and another for my life journey. This allows the challenge thread to be actually about challenges rather than a way of getting myself to do things I have to do anyway. This also probably means that this challenge will be a lot of daily ramblings - BUT! the good news is that they should be very visual ramblings due to the amount of cooking involved this time around.

Also introducing here - Diet of the Month, as part of my attempt to have fun with weight loss, I'm going to try different approaches and things. Last week was Intermittent Fasting, which was an interesting experience, but not something I'd want to do on the long term. If interested, you cal also find out what exactly my roadmap looks like based on the last challenge I did. This si also part of why I'm taking Week 0 off, diet-wise, just making sure I'm restricting calories.

Overarching Goal for 2017: Finish ALL the NF challenges! (1/10)

Or, for more detail: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fpRfCg8520QVxUoPCef5x0zBfrBnwK5LgoLcLqlPbLo/edit

Challenge Goals:

Diet of the Month: The Zone Diet, suggested by @DarK_RaideR

Goal 1: Follow the Zone Diet 6x a Week (part of "Fit in that skirt again", overarching Goal) (+2 CON)

Now, I had a look at the Zone diet, and the whole diet blocks thing seems really complicated and it confused me quite a bit. There is a "simplified" version that says that your plate should consist of "a serving of lean meat in the size of your palm", 2/3rds green vegetables and a dash of fat. I reserve myself the right to just go for that if I get too confused.

But then, this is why I have the second goal...

Goal 2: Batch Cook Dinner Every Weekend (+ 1 WIS, + 2 CON)

Starting with dinner, until I figure out logistics. This also serves the purpose that I don't have to think about the whole "blocks" thing above when throwing together a meal every day.  It's already prepared for me.

Goal 3: Post in your TM Thread daily (+ 1 CHA, + 1 STR, + 1 STA)

Goes without explanation.

Life Goal: (+ 3 WIS)

Follow your February Plan (Grading Based on How Many Deadlines will be Met)

One Habit a Month: Long-Term. Inspired by: https://zenhabits.net/.
5 Minutes of drawing/sketching every morning: any medium you like, any subject you like. You have to post pictures

Note: Week 0 will be dedicated to resting from the previous challenge and figuring out a decent tracking system for all those.

7 people like this

Changing up your diet is always interesting, and a really great way to figure out what works for you instead of trying to push through with something you might not particularly enjoy.  I hope you have fun with it! :)

2 people like this

"Stays in the Zone". I see what you did there and I'm following to see how you'll do with it.

2 people like this

In other news, this has been my morning thus far.

49cc33a93a29c972e5f958ae74484b8a.jpg

Inviato dal mio SM-G930F utilizzando Tapatalk

3 people like this

3 hours ago, Miw_Sher said:

In other news, this has been my morning thus far.

49cc33a93a29c972e5f958ae74484b8a.jpg

Do you live in Michigan? This is totally my morning too. :(

I like the idea of split threads - can you link to the other thread? 

6 hours ago, Dalish said:

tumblr_of485b3vk71qlmo0vo1_500.gif

I tried following those directions but Tapatalk won't let me upload hte video.

4 hours ago, shadowmoonsedai said:

Do you live in Michigan? This is totally my morning too. :(

I like the idea of split threads - can you link to the other thread? 

Not quite. Just about 4,000 miles from there. :)

They are in my signature - the TM Survival is the training one and Battle to Graduation details my struggling with school and projects adn whatnot.

55 minutes ago, Countess D'If said:

f1fa8fa2058557010fe1b2071a6eb810.jpg

I had completely forgotten about Sheldon's Zone.

9 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

"Stays in the Zone". I see what you did there and I'm following to see how you'll do with it.

I'll admit being far too proud of that title.

4 people like this

Following!

This sounds amazing. Batch cooking is so good for making the right choices easy all through the week. And honestly the simple version of the Zone sounds like a pretty foolproof guideline to me. So if you default to that it won't be a bad thing.

Do I understand right that we're going to get pictures of stuff you draw? :o Because that sounds completely fantastic.

Good luck with work and TM training and all of that! Remember to keep tabs on how you feel. If you start to feel like 3 threads is too many to keep updated, take action before you feel overwhelmed, and adjust the system :)

3 people like this

13 minutes ago, Severine said:

Following!

This sounds amazing. Batch cooking is so good for making the right choices easy all through the week. And honestly the simple version of the Zone sounds like a pretty foolproof guideline to me. So if you default to that it won't be a bad thing.

Do I understand right that we're going to get pictures of stuff you draw? :o Because that sounds completely fantastic

Ja. They  may be shitty pictures though because I just discovered my tablet isn't here. Which I am hoping means it's at home.

Good luck with work and TM training and all of that! Remember to keep tabs on how you feel. If you start to feel like 3 threads is too many to keep updated, take action before you feel overwhelmed, and adjust the system :)

I'll do my best to bear that in mind. :)

2 people like this

So well...

I got hyper on medjool dates, almonds and coffee for me graduation challenge and then I was challenged to draw this.

3f81637841ca72ad5fe1a20da3813ab2.jpg

5 people like this

4 minutes ago, Miw_Sher said:

Is that the guy from Preacher?

I have no idea. I just found a gif about in the zone. XD

2 people like this

2 minutes ago, Dagger said:

I have no idea. I just found a gif about in the zone. XD

160731-preacher.jpg

If he isn't, they certainly look alike. :D (Very recommended show for those who like very deranged concepts, by the way.)

3 people like this

Love the drawing. Not sure what it is exactly (something like a unicorn?) but I like the tie a lot :D

2 people like this

1 hour ago, Miw_Sher said:

So well...

I got hyper on medjool dates, almonds and coffee for me graduation challenge and then I was challenged to draw this.

3f81637841ca72ad5fe1a20da3813ab2.jpg

I feel like this is an accurate representation of every student who just graduated. Party!

1 person likes this

That drawing is quite possibly the best thing I have woken up to see in a long long time.  Got my party vibes going today now :D

3 people like this

Also loving the drawing. And the title. And you. 

1 person likes this

9 hours ago, Severine said:

Love the drawing. Not sure what it is exactly (something like a unicorn?) but I like the tie a lot :D

The taks was a hyper-drawn unicorn. Who ended up lookingmore like a goaticorn.

9 hours ago, Goldfish said:

I feel like this is an accurate representation of every student who just graduated. Party!

6 hours ago, Dalish said:

That drawing is quite possibly the best thing I have woken up to see in a long long time.  Got my party vibes going today now :D

Glad you guys like it, I might finish it and colour it eventually.

6 hours ago, fleaball said:

Also loving the drawing. And the title. And you. 

<3

2 people like this

On 2/7/2017 at 0:55 AM, Miw_Sher said:

a lot of daily ramblings

ugh. unfollowed

im excited to see your diet and food plans. or what a normal person might call a menu (fitness people have weird jargon)
if you ever want help with meal planning, id love to live vicariously through someone who is eating the foods i cant

1 person likes this

11 hours ago, Miw_Sher said:

160731-preacher.jpg

If he isn't, they certainly look alike. :D (Very recommended show for those who like very deranged concepts, by the way.)

that is a man who has clearly fallen right out of the zone

was this show any good? i thought the comics were ok, but i preferred hellblazer

1 person likes this

ugh. unfollowed

im excited to see your diet and food plans. or what a normal person might call a menu (fitness people have weird jargon)

if you ever want help with meal planning, id love to live vicariously through someone who is eating the foods i cant

If you have any good batch cooking recipe I'll take it. :)

1 person likes this