• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Miw_Sher

Miw-Sher stays in the Zone

262 posts in this topic

So, today was the day in my recovery when I look like I'm having a full blast hayfever attack. It's even more debilitating than the cold itself. The good news is that tomorrow I should be good again. Until then, I call today a rest day.

Inviato dal mio SM-G930F utilizzando Tapatalk

Sounds like a good plan. Rest well!

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

1 person likes this

PS- this is 100% normal recovery procedure for me. I have been to work like this and has to tell people that yes, I am fine. I am not crying, nobody died.

Then the next day I am fully healthy again.

1 person likes this

Oooof. Today was much better. I'm still feeling a bit congested but my brain is working properly again. I managed to get a preliminary schedule set up, so that's good. Still have some things to catch up on tonight, but I should be back in the forums full time tomorrow. :)

4 people like this

Glad you're feeling better!

1 person likes this

Glad you're feeling better! Also just looking at Eric's WOWs gets me out of breath, so 2/3 of that through illness is pretty good I'd say!

2 people like this

10 hours ago, Jarric said:

Glad you're feeling better! Also just looking at Eric's WOWs gets me out of breath, so 2/3 of that through illness is pretty good I'd say!

Oh I'm glad I'm not the only one. D:  do the simplified version every time and I was feeling really unfit at times.

19 hours ago, fleaball said:

Glad you're feeling better!

Thank you!

So Tapatalk is telling me a bunch of people are making new threads which tells me that it's time for a new challenge. :D Which means it  is time to move on, I guess.

Before I join you all on the other side, I want to have a look at how this challenge went - I won't do the thing goal by goal, instead I will let my tracking table speak. You also shouldn't worry about not getting to hear my story, I'll use it as an introduction to my next thread. :)

FebCh17_Final.thumb.PNG.f1b5a09611ff30a88c6c39b72e014aaf.PNG

So guess at what point I had my depressive rut?

Inn all seriousness, I did not fare nearly as badly as I originally thought once accounted for the conference and my cold. (days which I greyed out because really, even I am not that hard on myself). The TM training and running program, my primary fitness goals, both clocked at a solid 80% success (there is a calculation error in the formula). My work also went very well even though it is not reflected in this sheet (though, as I said before, the scores are fair, there was a reason I put "deadlines" and not "work so and so many hours a day on this").

Finally, I should mention that me doing this is a massive step for me and an important sign of self-improvement. In the past, I've always turned away from failures, avoiding feedback and self-reflection because I was afraid of what I'd find. Old me would have never completed this sheet or would have immediately fallen back into self-loathing. Instead, I have no feelings whatsoever towards this, if not a tiny bit of satisfaction that I am actually looking at this so calmly.

Sadly the overall score of the challenge is 42.33% so I won't be assigning myself any new points. I am wondering, however, whether I should Level Up or not. We were having a minor discussion with some rebels about just this, and I the more I think about it the more I think that the Level Up in the old system had more of a symbolic purpose than a real reflection of your abilities - you took the time and effort to challenge yourself, and even if you failed you have learnt and grown from it. that is what the Level Up means.

Anyhow, I'll think about it.

In the meanwhile, here is the new challenge thread - see you all on the other side! I have a lot of catching up to do.

5 people like this

I think you did a good job, accounting for conference, cold and depression episode. Actually considering that, I feel it was really strong of you to pick up at the end of the challenge when most people would have said "it is almost over anyway", but you didn't. :)

13 hours ago, Miw_Sher said:

I am wondering, however, whether I should Level Up or not. We were having a minor discussion with some rebels about just this, and I the more I think about it the more I think that the Level Up in the old system had more of a symbolic purpose than a real reflection of your abilities - you took the time and effort to challenge yourself, and even if you failed you have learnt and grown from it. that is what the Level Up means.

Leveling up your mental game is important. And it feels like you did that. Leveling up isn't always about what you accomplished in terms of your goals, but what changed for the better. A mental level up is a beautiful thing.

1 person likes this

New challenge is forming. :) Just a quick clarification that I'll be catching up with everyone tomorrow!

Cheers!

1 person likes this

@Dagger pretty much nailed it. Levelling is about experience, not success. To my eyes, as long as you completed the challenge and didn't give up, it's been a learning experience and you should level up regardless of results.

3 people like this

On 3/13/2017 at 1:34 PM, Miw_Sher said:

Oh I'm glad I'm not the only one. D:  do the simplified version every time and I was feeling really unfit at times.

Those WOWs are TOUGH. Murder, really. I've done 2 of them so far, and each time I was uber-sore for about 5 days afterwards.

1 person likes this

On 14/03/2017 at 8:58 AM, Dagger said:

Leveling up your mental game is important. And it feels like you did that. Leveling up isn't always about what you accomplished in terms of your goals, but what changed for the better. A mental level up is a beautiful thing.

On 15/03/2017 at 9:50 AM, DarK_RaideR said:

@Dagger pretty much nailed it. Levelling is about experience, not success. To my eyes, as long as you completed the challenge and didn't give up, it's been a learning experience and you should level up regardless of results.

You guys just expressed what I was trying to say in much better terms. :D:D  Just so you know, I did Level Up in the end!

On 15/03/2017 at 7:07 PM, NeverThatBored said:

Those WOWs are TOUGH. Murder, really. I've done 2 of them so far, and each time I was uber-sore for about 5 days afterwards.

I just discovered that a fraction of WOW#2 makesall the muscles in my body cry.

I think that's all to be done here. So, hoping I did not forget anything - I'll be over at the march challenge if you are looking for me. :)

3 people like this