Miw-Sher stays in the Zone

Miw_Sher

So, I'm just coming out of a three day deep depression right now - I had a crazy week-end. Very enjoyable, but tiring. I went to sleep at 4am on Monday to finish a huge project and when I woke up I found I had zero energy or motivation. I have spent the past three days watching series on Netflix and bingeing on junk food, to a point where I feel properly physically sick now. I finally found a tiny bit of drive an hour ago and am noy slowly working on clawing my way out. I know that if I can hit the road tomorrow morning and go on a nice, long run I will be ok. I'm backing up my computer now so I don't need to be afraid of losing my work when I bring it along with me when I travel.

I'll keep you posted! I hope everyone else is doing well.

• Like 8

Goblin | Level 7 | STR: 4 | DEX: 2 | STA: 3 | CON: 3.5 | WIS: 8 | CHA: 2.5

Nerdfitness Character, Past challenges: 1 1 2 2 3 4 5 5 6, Current challenge (March 19 - April 15): click

Tough Mudder Ireland || Battle for Graduation || My Neverending Story (on hiatus)

<3 hugs

• Like 1

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

1 hour ago, Miw_Sher said:

So, I'm just coming out of a three day deep depression right now - I had a crazy week-end. Very enjoyable, but tiring. I went to sleep at 4am on Monday to finish a huge project and when I woke up I found I had zero energy or motivation. I have spent the past three days watching series on Netflix and bingeing on junk food, to a point where I feel properly physically sick now. I finally found a tiny bit of drive an hour ago and am noy slowly working on clawing my way out. I know that if I can hit the road tomorrow morning and go on a nice, long run I will be ok. I'm backing up my computer now so I don't need to be afraid of losing my work when I bring it along with me when I travel.

I'll keep you posted! I hope everyone else is doing well.

I'm sorry to hear the last few days have been tough, but hey - sometimes a little drive is all you need :) Thinking of you x

VINCERE EST VIVERE!

~to live is to conquer~

Character | Instagram | Current Challenge

Challenge 1

Just dropping by to say that today was a crazy day but I made through it and am also starting to feel less like I may break apart any minute. I got my run in and the darebee workout.

I'm at a youth conference until the 4th, but i will try and check in regularly... accountability and admitting I'm in a bad place is good for me.

Inviato dal mio SM-G930F utilizzando Tapatalk

• Like 6

Nerdfitness Character, Past challenges: 1 1 2 2 3 4 5 5 6, Current challenge (March 19 - April 15): click

Tough Mudder Ireland || Battle for Graduation || My Neverending Story (on hiatus)

4 hours ago, Miw_Sher said:

I'm at a youth conference until the 4th, but i will try and check in regularly...

If they keep you as busy as the youth conferences I work with... good luck with that. ;) 

Glad to hear you're slowly escaping the depression, though. Don't take it too fast, and keep up the positive momentum!

• Like 1

Level 6 Demon Hunter, Novice Troubadour

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Current Challenge

Previous challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7

"I'm trying to free your mind, Neo. But I can only show you the door. You're the one that has to walk through it."

So very sorry to hear you had such a rough stress but I'm really glad you were able to find a bit of momentum and get back to things that make you feel better. I hope the conference goes well. Definitely keep it up with the exercise if you can...it helps so much.

And yeah, the couple of times I have gotten up the courage to post on NF about how I was struggling, it was really helpful to me too. A huge kudos to you for doing that because I have some notion of how hard it must have been.

Just keep swimming!

giphy.gif

• Like 5

Fitbit  |  Current Challenge  |  Old Challenges:  1 ~ 2 ~ 3 ~ 4 ~ 5 ~ 6 ~ 7 ~ 8 ~ 9 ~ 10 ~ 11 ~ 12 ~ 13 ~ 14 ~ 15 ~ 16 ~ 17

Forum avatar is original art by the talented Veronica Guzzardi. Used with permission!
On ‎03‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 8:44 AM, DarK_RaideR said:

Just for the record, if depression strikes in the form of desperation during the Mudder, me and @Jarric will be dragging you to the finish line anyway B)

Very very much this ^

Sorry to hear you've been struggling, just keep pushing through :)

• Like 1

Level 15 Wood Elf Ranger

IAgreeWithTank™

"Shit is going down, but I am not." - iatetheyeti

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Forum Posts: Current Challenge - The 80/20 Rule2021 Road Map - Make a House a Home

External: Epic Quest - Instagram - Strava

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map

Hey @Miw_Sher, how's it going? Hope the conference was good?

Level 15 Wood Elf Ranger

IAgreeWithTank™

"Shit is going down, but I am not." - iatetheyeti

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Forum Posts: Current Challenge - The 80/20 Rule2021 Road Map - Make a House a Home

External: Epic Quest - Instagram - Strava

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map

Hey, I'm thinking of you! I hope you're hanging in there. 

• Like 2

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 47

2021 challenges:  46 | 4748 (current)

2015-2020 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | |

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

Hey everyone! I am good! The conference finished on Monday, I got home late Tuesday, and yesterday I spent in bed with the worst case of sore throat I have ever had watching Prison Break. Today I felt a little bit better so I dared go on a run and was relieved t

I have stories... stories about a ridiculous amount of food, hotels with boiling hot temperatures that are most likely the reason I and a lot of people got ill, stories about how my walking adventures turned into a ridiculous travel adventure. I'll post them over the next few days. :) Right now I need to make a schedule for the next month or so, because with all that's been going on, new projects coming in, and finishing the Foundation programme I am a bit lost. Once I have both my feet on the ground I will be back to posting regularly.

Still, thanks @DarK_RaideR @Jarric @Severine @NeverThatBored @scottie @Countess D'If @Talos @fleaball and @Butternut for checking in. :) This is exactly the kind of support that would have gotten me out of a rut if I had been in a depressive phase and it means a lot to me!

• Like 7

I'm so glad to hear you are better. Travel can really knock you off course for a little bit, especially if you pick up illness.

I hear you on the planing, that is what is happening in my corner too. Of course, outside forces are currently determined to halt my progress...

• Like 1

Introduction (where I started, May 2016) ~*~ NF Character (dormant)

Progress as a Nomad: Battle log where I do my own challenges

Useful posts on my battle log: Useful Links and Travel Schedule, Future Challenge IdeasGoals for 2017 as a whole, Assorted Goals (not on rotation), Elements W1D1, Last Quarter Goals

1 hour ago, Miw_Sher said:

I have stories... stories about a ridiculous amount of food, hotels with boiling hot temperatures that are most likely the reason I and a lot of people got ill, stories about how my walking adventures turned into a ridiculous travel adventure. I'll post them over the next few days. :) Right now I need to make a schedule for the next month or so, because with all that's been going on, new projects coming in, and finishing the Foundation programme I am a bit lost. Once I have both my feet on the ground I will be back to posting regularly.

Stories are good. We like stories here.

Just take your time getting back into a good routine! I always have a hard time getting used to my daily schedule again after getting back from conferences and similar events.

• Like 2

Level 6 Demon Hunter, Novice Troubadour

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Current Challenge

Previous challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7

"I'm trying to free your mind, Neo. But I can only show you the door. You're the one that has to walk through it."

Today was a massive failure at getting back on schedule. I couldn't get up before 11am and the rest of the day was a very lazy endeavour.

In my defense, I'm still recovering from my cold. What you don't know though, is that for me, the recovery period can be worse than the actual illness.

Basically, I spend two days with my nose itching and being irritated at everything... which leads to tearing up. Lots of it. Enough that it looks like I'm actively crying and can't stare at a screen for more than 10 minutes because the light hurts my eyes. Agh. Agh. Agh.

I still attempted the obstacle race WOW but only got 2/3rds through before I was unable to continue.

• Like 1

Maybe you're being a little bit unfair to yourself?  You just got back from what sounds like a crazy busy conference which included travelling and illness - I couldn't face scheduling with all that going on!  You know from my thread that I whined like crazy for a good week or so after my cold finished - recovery sucks because your body is wiped out.  You're doing great!  I think 2/3rds of an obstacle course in that condition is awesome and I am giving you mega-woots for it.  Be proud :) You're keeping on keeping on and that's the biggest success.

• Like 1

VINCERE EST VIVERE!

~to live is to conquer~

Character | Instagram | Current Challenge

Challenge 1

Maybe you're being a little bit unfair to yourself?  You just got back from what sounds like a crazy busy conference which included travelling and illness - I couldn't face scheduling with all that going on!  You know from my thread that I whined like crazy for a good week or so after my cold finished - recovery sucks because your body is wiped out.  You're doing great!  I think 2/3rds of an obstacle course in that condition is awesome and I am giving you mega-woots for it.  Be proud [emoji4] You're keeping on keeping on and that's the biggest success.

You have a lot of valid points I'll get back to when brain is functioning properly again. :)

• Like 1

So, today was the day in my recovery when I look like I'm having a full blast hayfever attack. It's even more debilitating than the cold itself. The good news is that tomorrow I should be good again. Until then, I call today a rest day.

• Like 3