Deffy Keeps it Rolling (Def #28)

deftona

42 minutes ago, deftona said:

I was looking for a bottle of something from the Body Shop as a gift for TH so I smelled a couple and tried one on myself and I made my friend who was with me try another on her.  We carried on shopping so I could leave it a little while to see how strongly the scent smelled after some time had passed and every time we caught a sniff of the one I was wearing we talked about how hot it was and honestly, it was kind of turning me on. So I bought him a bottle but it doesn't have the same effect on me when he wears it. Only when I do. It must interact with my own pheromones to create the sexiest smell I ever smelled.

39 minutes ago, deftona said:

It is this one and if I ever want to try it on with my best friend I would totally buy a bottle of it, she was like putty in my hands.

arber-eau-de-toilette_1-640x640.jpg

You'll have to put that on a register of controlled substances. ;)

• Like 2

He has showed you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of

you but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God?

Day Five Update

Today was a good day. I spent most of it at work putting my new setting spray to the test and it somehow stood up to me running up and down the stairs thirty five times with the heating on full blast so I think that's enough of a road test. My makeup looked almost as perfect this evening as it did when I left the house and that never happens. I stopped by for groceries on the way home and picked up TH from work, as well as McDonald's because we didn't get in until after 9 pm and TH had been too busy to take his lunch break and I was starving too. It was all tracked and I got all my freggies in anyway so it really doesn't matter. 

Food for the rest of the day was good and I did the daily dare. It still hadn't ticked over so it was the same as yesterday - 20 down dog to upward dog which I did on the hall again, with TH standing behind me, then in front of me making the same jokes he did last night. "While you're down there, love!" and "Don't mind if I do!". it was like a Carry On film. Har har har. I am about to start my new book and do my reading that way, but another 100% day. 

*rejoices*

• Like 11

I'm more than adequate. Leave Kanye out of this. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

12 hours ago, deftona said:

I did the daily dare. It still hadn't ticked over so it was the same as yesterday - 20 down dog to upward dog which I did on the hall again, with TH standing behind me, then in front of me making the same jokes he did last night. "While you're down there, love!" and "Don't mind if I do!". it was like a Carry On film. Har har har.

Did you give him the Full Glare(tm)? :P

• Like 1

Current Challenge

2016 Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4 

Previous challenges:  New Year Challenge , Muir Does Stuff, :apple:    

Day Five Projection

I did have a workout scheduled for today but sometimes you just need a lazy Saturday morning in bed with the man you love so I am taking a rest day. I worked an extra day this week at short notice so I might cancel the workout I'd had scheduled for that day because had I known I was working, I wouldn't have scheduled any workouts. I have family coming over for dinner including my sister who I haven't seen for a few weeks since she moved up north for work so that will be nice. The day will be higher in calories too since I have bought us a bottle of wine to share and my mom is bound to bring dessert. Sometimes you have to let life get in the way. 

Day Five Q&A - What is/are Your Favourite Video Game(s)

The Sims has been a feature in my life pretty much since it came out. I also fell head over heels for Shenmue I and II. The day they announce they are finally going to finish this series, I will probably happy cry for a month (this will never happen, *sob*). I also love the Assassin's Creed series, the Rocksteady Batman games, everything Zelda, Grim Fandango, TEW, the odd dabble on Football Manager, Left 4 Dead 2, Fable II, all Phoenix Wright games, Civ 5 and F-Zero X. I am usually engrossed in some video game or other at any point in my life. 

• Like 9

35 minutes ago, deftona said:

I'm an avid gamer as well. My first favourite game was the first Zelda on the NES. (I actually had a golden cartridge, but my cousin "borrowed" it and never returned it). I've never met a Bethesda game that I didn't like. Assassin's Creed games are fun, but I always get stuck on them so very rarely complete them. I love Civ IV and V; I want VI, but can't afford it right now. I really enjoy playing Heroes of the Storm and Overwatch (when it's free). My newest favourite game is Starbound. It's similar to Terraria, but is a lot better (imo). Oh yeah, and I love The Sims. Really need to play it more often.

• Like 3

Current Challenge

2016 Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4 

Previous challenges:  New Year Challenge , Muir Does Stuff, :apple:    

Enjoy your lazy Saturday, it's the best way to spend your weekend :)

As for my favourite game: he sims off course! Dinerdash is a close second.

But I don't have much time to play nowadays, so it's mostly candycrush like games for me now.

• Like 3
Doodlie for life, Pancake by choice
Spoiler

Challenge 12, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 

Challenges 2017: 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28

Challenges 2018: 29, 30, 31, 32, 3334, 35,

Challenges 2019: 36, 37, 38, 39, 40

Challenges 2020: 41, 42, 43, 44, 45

56 minutes ago, Terah said:

Enjoy your lazy Saturday, it's the best way to spend your weekend :)

As for my favourite game: he sims off course! Dinerdash is a close second.

But I don't have much time to play nowadays, so it's mostly candycrush like games for me now.

I love Dinerdash! I totally forgot about that game but I have played pretty much every version! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, deftona said:

Star Wars Battlefront II. I played the hell out of that game, did the story mode, and did single player for thousands of hours. I had a blast. I loved playing the basic clone trooper or the clone sniper in certain levels.

• Like 1

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

3 hours ago, deftona said:

...sometimes you just need a lazy Saturday morning in bed with the man you love...

MFG felt the same way this morning.  In fact, she's still up there. :D  I just finished breakfast with the Minions.

3 hours ago, deftona said:

I don't game much anymore, but back in the day I could tear off a few calendar pages.  My favorite game of all time is Ocarina of Time (though Link to the Past is a close second).  I used to spend a fair amount of time on Half Life, Team Fortress, and Counterstrike.  Before we had any kids my Bible study group in grad school would have LAN parties where we'd all play Halo until the wee hours.  Every now and then I fire up my old emulators for a few rounds of Tetris and Dr. Mario.

The most hours I have in to a game probably belongs to Falcon 4.0 (and it's continued existence in mod form).  I've loved fighter sims since I was a wee lad--in fact I keep my old Win98 machine safely tucked away for whenever I want to fire up my old Jane's collection.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Terah said:

Yep, I'm a filthy casual now, too. :lol:

I have three consoles (with emulators bringing the total to 6) hooked up to the main TV, but nothing newer than the original Wii.  My PC is so old and the specs so pedestrian that I haven't bought anything on Steam since last year--and even that was a bundle of old DOS Star Wars titles.

• Like 2

My favorite video game of all time is Link's Awakening, though I am also a fan of Mass Effect and various Final Fantasy titles (e.g. VI, IX, XIV). I also have a soft spot for Golden Sun and Fire Emblem. But really, I skip around a lot because I don't usually have a lot of time to dedicate to one specific game.

• Like 3

Hey Def! 

Ooh, I'm liking the questions, it's fun reading the answers and getting to know people better. I'm currently binge-playing Stardew Valley, a gentle and gorgeous farming simulator pretty much like Harvest Moon was. 

• Like 3

Sarah Barr - Level 13 Warhobbit

STR 18 | DEX 7 | STA 17 | CON 38 | WIS 28 | CHA 12

Challenges:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19 20  21  22  23  24  25 (Current)

Accountabiddlydoodlies Group                 Current Weight: 106.1kg                      Recipe Book               

"I hold... that a man should strive to the uttermost for his life's set prize" - Robert Browning

Instagram (Things I have painted or made.)

To-Do List
Idiot Jar Limit: £5.00        Current Idiot Jar Total: £0.00     Current Idiot Jar Forfeit: [TBD].

30 minutes ago, Sarah Barr said:

Hey Def! 

Ooh, I'm liking the questions, it's fun reading the answers and getting to know people better. I'm currently binge-playing Stardew Valley, a gentle and gorgeous farming simulator pretty much like Harvest Moon was. 

O_O I didn't know this game existed but I love Harvest Moon so I am definitely going to get this, thanks for bringing this to my attention! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sarah Barr said:

Hey Def! 

I LOVE STARDEW VALLEY. I'm so addicted. Who's your romantic interest??

2 hours ago, deftona said:

O_O I didn't know this game existed but I love Harvest Moon so I am definitely going to get this, thanks for bringing this to my attention! 

1000% a good decision. 

And I can't say I have a favorite game, but I'm a big fan of the fire emblem franchise!

• Like 3

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 46

2021 challenges:  46 (current)

2015-2020 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

19 minutes ago, NeverThatBored said:

I LOVE STARDEW VALLEY. I'm so addicted. Who's your romantic interest??

Hehe! I went for Elliott because he's slightly awful but has wonderful hair. Should really have gone with Leah. How about you?

• Like 1

Sarah Barr - Level 13 Warhobbit

STR 18 | DEX 7 | STA 17 | CON 38 | WIS 28 | CHA 12

Challenges:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19 20  21  22  23  24  25 (Current)

Accountabiddlydoodlies Group                 Current Weight: 106.1kg                      Recipe Book               

"I hold... that a man should strive to the uttermost for his life's set prize" - Robert Browning

Instagram (Things I have painted or made.)

To-Do List
Idiot Jar Limit: £5.00        Current Idiot Jar Total: £0.00     Current Idiot Jar Forfeit: [TBD].

1 minute ago, Sarah Barr said:

Hehe! I went for Elliott because he's slightly awful but has wonderful hair. Should really have gone with Leah. How about you?

Pahaha he is kind of awful but he's also really entertaining. I went with Emily, but Shane was a close second. 

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 46

2021 challenges:  46 (current)

2015-2020 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

Day Six Update

I didn't update this last night since I have a strict "No Drunken Internetting Rule" and I had managed to put away a bit too much bourbon. Yesterday, I ate and drank too much. My calories were too high and it really wasn't ideal but it was the first day all year I have done anything to excess so as long as it doesn't become a habit I will allow it. I had a great day with my family and I finished off the day by staying up far too late with TH, watching wrestling, playing TEW, drinking and chatting. It was a lovely way to end a great day.

All my goals were still aced, even if my calories were on the high side. I have a bit of a heavy week coming up too so the challenge is to now allow this bad behaviour to gather momentum but sometimes you just gotta live, right?

• Like 9

Day Seven Projection

Today, I am going to eat sensibly. I am going to drink lots of non alcoholic beverages. I am going to do all my remaining working out. I am going to ace all my goals. I am going to get a bit of relaxing time. 

Day Seven Q&A - Would You Rather Crash with Friends or Stay in a Hotel?

Hotel, every time. I'd even rather a hotel than staying with family. I love my friends and family, but I have a very strong urge to shut out the world when it comes to the night time and I need my personal space. Maybe it's because I suffer from random bouts of insomnia and I have spent too much time being awake way into the night in other people's houses which sucks and this has coloured me against this forever but there's something about shutting the door to your own house or hotel room at the end of the day and retreating into your safe space. TH is not included in this, he is the only person I have ever met who I can enjoy spending prolonged amounts of time with. Even with all my ex boyfriends, I'd have to be on my own after a couple of days. I have lived with TH for 10 1/2 years and counting so it's safe to say he's special ;) 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, deftona said:

Depends on how long I would stay. I love staying at my parents house. But after a few days I'm ready to go home again :P 

If I can't stay at my parents house I prefer a B&B. That gives you more room, privacy and freedom than staying in a hotel. 

is the only person I have ever met who I can enjoy spending prolonged amounts of time with. Even with all my ex boyfriends, I'd have to be on my own after a  couple of days. I have lived with TH for 10 1/2 years and counting so it's safe to say he's special ;) 

I feel the same way about SH. He is the only person that I can be around 24/7 without feeling suffocated. I must say that he can sit quiet in his corner for hours with the only sounds being his keyboard. It's a very comforting sound ;) 

• Like 1
Spoiler

Definitely stay with friends. I think it comes from growing up in the Scout movement. I made friends from all around the state and country and got very used to crashing on people's couches, lounge room floors etc. It's quite normal in our friendship circle to go to a house party, pack your swag and sleep overnight on the floor or in their backyard.

• Like 1

Feminist Ranger (she/her)

Based in Melbourne, Australia

Current Challenge: Emerald Eagle refills her cup (January 2021)
Instagram: @emeraldeaglenf

“I wish you would thrash him. He deserves it." She looked back at him. "I will one day, sir. I'm getting tired of falling down.” - Alanna: The First Adventure

10 minutes ago, Terah said:

I feel the same way about SH. He is the only person that I can be around 24/7 without feeling suffocated. I must say that he can sit quiet in his corner for hours with the only sounds being his keyboard. It's a very comforting sound ;) 

Yes! TH also has a very high tolerance for letting me be the DJ :)

10 minutes ago, Terah said:

I prefer a B&B. That gives you more room, privacy and freedom than staying in a hotel. 

How so? Every B&B I have stayed in has a live-in family who own it and they sometimes have curfews whereas hotels are more private and you can come and go as you please.

6 minutes ago, EmeraldEagle said:

Definitely stay with friends. I think it comes from growing up in the Scout movement. I made friends from all around the state and country and got very used to crashing on people's couches, lounge room floors etc. It's quite normal in our friendship circle to go to a house party, pack your swag and sleep overnight on the floor or in their backyard.

This was the case when I was younger and I loved it then. I guess I drank more in those days so it was more fun!

11 minutes ago, deftona said:

How so? Every B&B I have stayed in has a live-in family who own it and they sometimes have curfews whereas hotels are more private and you can come and go as you please.

Really? Every B&B I've been was a separate building next to the main house. Own bedroom, bathroom and living room and most of the time even a kitchen. 

I think Dutch B&B's must be different from UK ones. This is the last one I stayed in.

Spoiler