• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

x Valkyrie x

Women's Compression Shorts/Capris For OCR (also trail shoes)

2 posts in this topic

Hello! I'm signed up to run a Spartan Sprint and Super for the first time this year and I need some gear. 

I want a good quality pair of compression shorts or capris with a sturdy draw string that will stay put and not slide down the whole time. I'm 5'7, 146 lbs and usually a medium, depending on the sizing guide. I'd like something long enough to, at the very least, prevent thigh chafing (so no super short shorts), and possibly 3/4 length to protect my knees.

I've been looking into CW-X Ventilators (they seem good, but expensive) and 2XU, (which are much less expensive, but possibly just as good??) and any input, advice or suggestions would be appreciated! 

I would also like to invest in a good pair of trail running shoes that will drain water and have a pretty aggressive tread for running trails and OCR courses. I've been looking at Solomon and Inov-8. Again, any advice, reviews or suggestions would be appreciated.

Merrell and Reebok both make OCR-specific shoes, for what it's worth, and I can speak to Merrell's quality in general (though not to their OCR shoe in particular).

1 person likes this