• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Snarkyfishguts

Snarkyfishguts likes Puppies

cute-dog2.jpg

Oh my gosh, that's a giant puppy. Screw it, Giant Sleepy Puppy stays. It's so cuuuuuuute. awwwwww. Let's find some other puppies....

8-adorable-wrinkled-dog-breeds-that-will

Awwwww this one has wet paws and doesn't look like he's happy with that.

WAIT WAIT WAIT....ONE MORE ONE MORE

cute-golden-retriever-puppies_061439.jpg

HE'S SO HAPPY TO SEE YOU!!!

When I feel blue, sometimes I do an image search of puppies. I also look at puppies in waiting rooms when I'm really nervous. Looking at puppies makes me feel good. I like puppies.

Is this challenge just about puppies?

You know what? This challenge is ALL about puppies...

Every day there is a list of things that accumulate in my head. Things that I'd like to do. Not things I have to do, just things I'd like to do. Play the piano, practice the ukulele, clean the kitchen, do some laundry, wash my hair. And each thing feels really overwhelming so I spend a lot of time sitting and looking out the window, wishing I could be doing something else, absently refreshing social media sites that do nothing to help my mood.  I'm not completely lost, I mean, I count calories and cook meals. Yesterday was 50 degrees and sunny and I got a lot done. But then it got grey, and I could feel it settle over me. The greyness gets to me. The constant feeling of dusk that is only relieved by night.  So I figured for this challenge, I need to just get things done and regain a feeling of efficacy. And look at puppies. Puppies are like sunshine.

So back to goals and puppies:

1. Limit social media to Thursday evenings and news on Sundays.

2. When I feel overwhelmed, look at pictures of puppies.

3. When I think "I'd like to, or "I wish I could", DO it. Don't overthink it, don't let the greyness get in, just do it!

4. Celebrate with NF pals with listed  accomplishments and pictures of puppies.

PUPPY

Chihuahua-Puppies.jpg

• Like 7

I hope you get to post more puppies than you have to look at.  Wait, is that how that works?

6 minutes ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

3. When I think "I'd like to, or "I wish I could", DO it. Don't overthink it, don't let the greyness get in, just do it!

Yes, that's how that works. :)

• Like 3

Following along! I also look at puppies when I am sad and I had a horrible day yesterday but there was a dog on my bus on my way back from work and that cheered me up more than I could ever have imagined.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LadyShello said:

AAAHHH!  There are so many pics of cute puppies.  How do you decide?

635836689605371285714204429_ron%20swanso

Love your goals.  So simple!  Just do it. 

I just go with whatever puppy speaks to me at that moment. Which is why there will be probably many, many puppies on here. Puppy Goals! Woooo!

2 hours ago, deftona said:

Following along! I also look at puppies when I am sad and I had a horrible day yesterday but there was a dog on my bus on my way back from work and that cheered me up more than I could ever have imagined.

Right? They're magical! When my mom and I were waiting for her second test (which if anyone needs reminding, came back normal!) we looked at pictures of puppies because everything else was like "nononononononononononono" and puppies were like "awww..........puppies......."  When my dad had surgery, they had therapy dogs in the waiting room that were there JUST for petting and adoring.

So it's like....SCIENCE. :D

ls.jpg

• Like 2

Today I watched the News AND went on social media. This one is going to be hard to limit. I wanted to know about the vote for DeVos, and I was not surprised by the outcome. That is all I'll say :/

I spent 45 minutes solid just watching puppy videos today.

I also exercised, practiced the ukulele, made chili, practiced duolingo, and worked on some potential portfolio pieces. It was a slow start, but it was a vast improvement from yesterday! So YAY! 

Here is a smiley dog in a swing.

85dd605c0e5823e8fb64bb2575ce0101-dogswin

OMIGOSH WHAT IS THIS CUTENESS?!?!?!?!?

hqdefault.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

Sick day

I woke up around in the night with a stomach bug. I feel better but am still pretty sick. So I found this puppy. Have a good day

Today seems like a great day for lots of rest. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Terah said:

637df09b1a40c1b4c17d609e5308c227.jpg

Awwwww who could feel bad with that cutie?

4 hours ago, LadyShello said:

Today seems like a great day for lots of rest. 

Yes! I took a brief trip to the grocery store, then spent the day in bed. I think I will be better tomorrow. Feeling good and bad in alternating waves. Zzzzzzzzzzzz yes.

• Like 1

MORNING UPDATE

I still feel queasy and not so great.  BUT today is trash day, and things need to be accomplished! So I'm sitting here taking an internet break, waiting for my stomach to settle before I take on the next task.

IMG_8537.jpg

Scrap that. Today I will finish the laundry, take out the trash and draw for work. Everything else has to wait. I am still sick :(

SickDog_34713335_original.jpg?resize=940

At least I work from home, so I can sleep on and off! TOMORROW I will feel better. And I'm getting things done! So...yay? Yay. I might even feel better later today!!

I'm doing a good job of feeling sorry for myself.

Sad-dog-sitting.jpg

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

Scrap that. Today I will finish the laundry, take out the trash and draw for work. Everything else has to wait. I am still sick :(

Sorry you still aren't feeling well but intermittent sleep and making stuff wait to get done is a great way to get through it.  

60396668.jpgoriginal.jpg

puppy_tongue-50f923d94930decb33e1be381a4

• Like 4

On 2/7/2017 at 9:52 AM, Snarkyfishguts said:

Is this challenge just about puppies?

You know what? This challenge is ALL about puppies...

So back to goals and puppies:

PUPPY

YAS this is such an amazing challenge! Who doesn't love puppers?

also, If you're achieving goal 2, does it negate goal 1?

for example: https://twitter.com/dog_rates/

• Like 1

8 hours ago, LadyShello said:

Sorry you still aren't feeling well but intermittent sleep and making stuff wait to get done is a great way to get through it.  

60396668.jpgoriginal.jpg

puppy_tongue-50f923d94930decb33e1be381a4

I especially love puppy 3. Bitnseroously they are so cute!!

5 hours ago, Korranation said:

YAS this is such an amazing challenge! Who doesn't love puppers?

also, If you're achieving goal 2, does it negate goal 1?

for example: https://twitter.com/dog_rates/

Thank you!! I follow we rate dogs! So cute!!! Sometimes 2 does negate 1. But puppies always win!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

I especially love puppy 3. Bitnseroously they are so cute!!

Me too actually.  I couldn't help but include that one. 

• Like 1

My brother and his family MIGHT be staying with me this weekend, depending on whether their furnace gets fixed or not. At first, I was panicked about how messy the house is and that I didn't have groceries and my giving them a stomach bug, but honestly, I hope they do stay. It'll be nice to have them around for a bit.

So I'm off to the grocery store to infect the masses, and buy just enough for one person for a week or 5 people for a weekend. :/ I'm thinking Frozen Pizza and frozen waffles. That way if they don't show, I don't have food spoiling.  Maybe some sandwich stuff and fruit.

giphy.gif

I still feel less than great, but I'm tired of sleeping, so I'm back to the challenge and getting things done. I will have a Pupdate for you this evening..

SEE WHAT I DID THERE? PUPDATE!!! har har har!!!

3696940272_55ab14a0c5.jpg

• Like 5

Today's Pupdate:

Well, I got a lot done today. I did laundry, and I cleaned most of the house. I didn't get to the store, but that's okay, my brother called to say they weren't staying here after all. I was surprised to feel disappointed after my worrying over their visit. However, now I feel extra- nauseous so I'm relieved they didn't stay. He did invite me over on Sunday when I said that I missed them, so I'm really looking forward to that.

While I am improving my "get it done", I'm ready to have my stomach settle down so I can have a decent work out. I'm in my "fat" clothes right now, and there are some outfits I want to wear but my belly is too squishy looking. I don't even need to lose pounds, I just want to do ab work that isn't being sick.

Oh yeah. I went there.

Dog-Drinking-Toilet.jpg

I think I need to amend my social media/news time from once a week to like an hour in the evening or every other evening. There's so much that is happening, I don't think it can be squished into an hour a week.

Overall, today was a success. The house is looking really good, and I feel like I'm settling into a productive rhythm in the day. I found this dog, and I thought I would save him for the end of the challenge, but look at that face!!  That face wants to say hello TODAY.  Have an amazing night/morning.

Screen-Shot-2014-09-30-at-2.27.35-PM.png

• Like 4

Yesterday's Pupdate:

I've made an important discovery!  If I ride the stationary bike while watching the news, I get a really good workout, and I don't feel stressed out by the current events. It's like the "oh shit" of the news propels me to go faster at a higher resistance, and the exertion of the pedaling prevents the stress from building up.

norman-bike-riding-dog.png 24a74d1604725109a4d0312a2dadabb7.jpg

Yesterday, I also went shopping. I really needed some new tops especially, and I got a lot of great deals. In the end, I saved more than I spent, and that's always a great feeling. But alas, I think I'm done shopping for a while. I've been doing a lot of online shopping and after yesterday's spree, I am at the end of my budget, and responsibility trumps winter blahs shopping remedy :)

letsgoshopping2.jpg

OMG ONE MORE! ONE MORE!

giphy.gif 

Okay, now I'm off to get things done. Have an awesome day, y'all.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

Yesterday's Pupdate:

I've made an important discovery!  If I ride the stationary bike while watching the news, I get a really good workout, and I don't feel stressed out by the current events. It's like the "oh shit" of the news propels me to go faster at a higher resistance, and the exertion of the pedaling prevents the stress from building up.

Cycling away from the horrifying state of the world sounds like an excellent idea to me. And if the revolution comes you'll be in a better state to take names. Great idea ;)

Yay for the shopping! 

• Like 2

dog-sticking-head-out-of-car-2-o.gif

It was really windy last night.

Really windy

Windy-dog-385285.jpg

So I didn't sleep very well. But that's okay.

YESTERDAY:

I made Mac and Cheese with bacon, and separated it into two loaf pans. I gave one to my cousin and one to my brother. I also brought them beer. Because beer goes well with bacon mac and cheese.

Yesterday I also worked out, YAY! I also spent about an hour visitng my cousin and 3 hours visiting my brother. I had to leave early though because 1. It's a school night and 2. we had a severe wind warning of 45-50 mph winds. I drove home through the edges of a terrible rainstorm, and by the time I was close to home the wind had picked up, and I have to avoid fallen branches on the road. I slept in the basement for a good portion of the night :)

Today is a hard day. I'm tired, I'm sad. I LOVE visiting my family because it feels restorative, but then afterwards, I feel a bit lonely. But I do find some comfort. Recently, I really feel like I'm a part of the family. For so long, I felt on the outside of life, like I was in an alternate universe and I could see them, but not really be with them. Now I feel like I'm a part of the family and that helps ease the loneliness. Funny enough though, I also realized I need to move out of my parents house and live on my own. Not that I'd like to. I NEED to. I'm going to start looking for small houses near here. Something I can manage on my own, but is still close to the family. Yeah. :) 

This is a good opportunity to just get stuff done because it's hard. So I'm going to update my battle log now, then I'm going to get up and use this challenge to do stuff. :D 

Dog-With-Dumbbell-Funny-Exercise-Photo.j

• Like 5