• Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

Snarkyfishguts

Snarkyfishguts likes Puppies

Recommended Posts

Today

 

I spent too much time on social media, and I read the news when I wasn't on the bike. But I did get things done today. I worked out, and I finally sat down and got some good arting done.

668077.jpg

 

The day hit a small snag. I was falling asleep sitting up so I decided to take a short nap. 2.5 hours later...

sleeping-puppy-1_2754053.jpg

 

So...I heated up some leftovers, and now I'm back to work. I might work out again just to wear myself out a little bit.

 

Tomorrow I'll be using the rest of the bacon mac and cheese ingredients to make some freezer mac and cheese for future me and family, I'm going to set a timer for two hours and see how much I can clean, and then I'm going to set a timer for 40 minutes and see how many reps I can do of my full body strength workout. After that, I'm going to focus on work. Dinner is going to be some bacon mac and cheese and a beer. It's a holiday after all :-D

 

Holidays___Saint_Valentines_Day_Dog_with

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sad right now. Not quite as sad as this puppy. This puppy is the saddest.Puppy_Dog_Eyes_by_Drocan.jpeg?token=Egx%

 

The day isn't over yet. I've washed towels, I made the mac and cheese and had the beer and it was glorious, and then I took a nap, and I went for a 30 minute walk outside.

 

But I'm sad. Part of it is beer. I am remembering why I don't drink in the winter. Okay, a large part of it is beer. I'm thinking about running to the grocery store. It's going to get cold, and I might just want to make some freezer meals. I'm enjoying cooking, but I don't feel like eating what I make. :) So maybe when future me will hate cooking I can be ready for her. Plus, I can share that with family.

 

Ugh, and I have to get gas and drop off a return package. Ugh.  But it would be THINGS TO DO. Then I'll come home and stare out the window some more. Although I could practice the ukulele or draw something that doesn't look like a turd. Or clean something. Or work out! OR just sit here staring at my screen, waiting for the end to come. :( 

 

NO MORE ALCOHOL UNTIL SUMMER

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, LadyShello said:

Sorry you're sad today Snarky.  Here are some happy puppies to hopefully make you feel better.  

 

Puppies_on_skateboard.gif

 

19.++I+would+be+the+puppy+on+the+left.+A

 

4 hours ago, Terah said:

I'm sorry you're feeling sad. Some more puppy's to the rescue

happy-4.jpgspring-3.jpg1daa63ce8e379109a058c7600fec4b20.jpg

 

 

I love you both to the moon and back :) 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Morning Pupdate: Kitchen Day

 

wallpaper_15384.jpg

 

Last night I went to the grocery store to buy a bunch of ingredients for those freezer meals I keep talking about. And then I wrote down a schedule to make them, so I can eat a little that day and then freeze the rest. :)  Afterwards, I got gas for the car, and as I was putting away the groceries, I realized I can't remember the last time I showered. So I showered, and then made myself this promise: No social media sites or news today. Instead, chili is cooking in the crockpot and I'm cleaning the kitchen to make room for frozen lasagna. I also started drawing this morning, and instead of focusing on children's book dummies, I'm working on a few pieces that are just to help get some feelings out so I can get back to a dancing bunny place :) 

 

Thanks @LadyShello and @Terah for the happy pup pics. They really brightened my morning. You guys are awesome. :)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, LadyShello said:

pierogi lasagna

Google told me that is noodles, cheese and potatoes. Sounds even worse than the mac and cheese I once tried to make :P 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Terah said:

Google told me that is noodles, cheese and potatoes. Sounds even worse than the mac and cheese I once tried to make :P 

1) how is mac and cheese bad

2) It doesn't sound good like that.  Pierogi's are like a pasta pocket filled with cheesy mashed potatoes.  They are particularly good sauteed with butter and some bacon. But the lasagna version I've never tried.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LadyShello said:

1) how is mac and cheese bad

2) It doesn't sound good like that.  Pierogi's are like a pasta pocket filled with cheesy mashed potatoes.  They are particularly good sauteed with butter and some bacon. But the lasagna version I've never tried.  

Indeed! The pierogie lasagna will be made when my folks are home. I think it sounds like something we'll all want to eat right away. :)

 

Funny enough, I don't like lasagna. Ricotta cheese is so gross to me. But this recipe makes a lasagna for two very nicely. Tomorrow I'll make some meat sauce with the leftovers and make a modified lasagna. Maybe. Maybe Friday.  And s Nice chili was the last thing I ate before my stomach bug, I had some trouble with it. It was going to be dinner but I tasted it and while it's fine, I couldn't eat it. We'll see how some time off from chili helps. So pretty much, I made a bunch of food I am not eating. :-D 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I use cottage cheese in place of ricotta--it's got more personality in a lasagna.  It's the only instance where I can tolerate cottage cheese, though; normally it make me dry heave.

 

bN1Dowm.gif

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DrFeelgood said:

I use cottage cheese in place of ricotta--it's got more personality in a lasagna.  It's the only instance where I can tolerate cottage cheese, though; normally it make me dry heave.

 

bN1Dowm.gif

Is the texture any better though?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also jumping on the lasagna hating bandwagon. I don't hate it, I just much much prefer moussaka which is essentially the same dish, but with slightly different herbs and with aubergine instead of pasta sheets. It's much less heavy and a lot more delicious.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

Is the texture any better though?

I prefer it.  It's not dry and sandy like ricotta.

 

4 minutes ago, deftona said:

Also jumping on the lasagna hating bandwagon. I don't hate it, I just much much prefer moussaka which is essentially the same dish, but with slightly different herbs and with aubergine instead of pasta sheets. It's much less heavy and a lot more delicious.

We call those eggplants in Freedom speak. ;)

 

"Less heavy" is not the Ranger way. :lol:

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, deftona said:

Also jumping on the lasagna hating bandwagon. I don't hate it, I just much much prefer moussaka which is essentially the same dish, but with slightly different herbs and with aubergine instead of pasta sheets. It's much less heavy and a lot more delicious.

Oh that sounds good. I've used zucchini instead of pasta before and that's good. Cauliflower is a good ricotta substitute if you are looking for less fat, but it has that texture... ick.

 

Saying aubergine is a great way to get an eye roll where I live, followed by a "you mean EGGPLANT?"

3 minutes ago, DrFeelgood said:

I prefer it.  It's not dry and sandy like ricotta.

 

We call those eggplants in Freedom speak. ;)

 

"Less heavy" is not the Ranger way. :lol:

 

Hmmmmm. I might try it. Someday. Or make cheater lasagna and leave out the gross ricotta pulp. 

 

rangers make their own way. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

Saying aubergine is a great way to get an eye roll where I live, followed by a "you mean EGGPLANT?"

 

If I said "eggplant" nobody would have a clue what I was talking about. The same with zucchini.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, LadyShello said:

1) how is mac and cheese bad

2) It doesn't sound good like that.  Pierogi's are like a pasta pocket filled with cheesy mashed potatoes.  They are particularly good sauteed with butter and some bacon. But the lasagna version I've never tried.  

1) i made the one from the Gilmore girls cookbook. It has 3 cups of cheese on one cup of pasta. It was SO MUCH cheese! Not even the boys liked it much (although they liked it better than me and SH)

 

2)still sounds like an awful lot of cheese to me :P

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

Indeed! The pierogie lasagna will be made when my folks are home. I think it sounds like something we'll all want to eat right away. :)

 

Funny enough, I don't like lasagna. Ricotta cheese is so gross to me. But this recipe makes a lasagna for two very nicely. Tomorrow I'll make some meat sauce with the leftovers and make a modified lasagna. Maybe. Maybe Friday.  And s Nice chili was the last thing I ate before my stomach bug, I had some trouble with it. It was going to be dinner but I tasted it and while it's fine, I couldn't eat it. We'll see how some time off from chili helps. So pretty much, I made a bunch of food I am not eating. :-D 

 

I don't care for ricotta either.  I switched to my grandma's lasagna recipe.. no ricotta or cottage cheese.  It's the most amazing lasagna ever! 

 

17 hours ago, DrFeelgood said:

I prefer it.  It's not dry and sandy like ricotta.

 

We call those eggplants in Freedom speak. ;)

 

"Less heavy" is not the Ranger way. :lol:

"freedom Speak" love it.  

And yes - I like that lasagna is a heavy dish.  That's why it's comfort food.  

 

13 minutes ago, Terah said:

1) i made the one from the Gilmore girls cookbook. It has 3 cups of cheese on one cup of pasta. It was SO MUCH cheese! Not even the boys liked it much (although they liked it better than me and SH)

 

2)still sounds like an awful lot of cheese to me :P

It is called mac and CHEESE..   However, I don't much care for a homemade mac and cheese either.  I seriously prefer the Kraft stuff in the box, particularly the spiral shaped pasta.  

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Terah said:

1) i made the one from the Gilmore girls cookbook. It has 3 cups of cheese on one cup of pasta. It was SO MUCH cheese! Not even the boys liked it much (although they liked it better than me and SH)

 

2)still sounds like an awful lot of cheese to me :P

It IS a lot of cheese. And my mother called me to say she thinks she might be lactose intolerant now. (Looks in the freezer. Swears)

1 hour ago, LadyShello said:

I don't care for ricotta either.  I switched to my grandma's lasagna recipe.. no ricotta or cottage cheese.  It's the most amazing lasagna ever! 

 

"freedom Speak" love it.  

And yes - I like that lasagna is a heavy dish.  That's why it's comfort food.  

 

It is called mac and CHEESE..   However, I don't much care for a homemade mac and cheese either.  I seriously prefer the Kraft stuff in the box, particularly the spiral shaped pasta.  

No ricotta or cottage cheese?  yes !!

 

I honestly prefer boxed mac and cheese too. There's a reason this recipe has bacon in it. Bacon is a problem solver :)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.