• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Twilight

Twilight: It just takes time

Onward, ever onward. 

I need to sleep more than 7 hours per night. I need to stretch regularly. I need to start building my strength again. I need to express myself creatively. I'd like to try lifting. Maybe I'll even try running. I haven't gone swimming in ages, either. So:

Goals

1. Sleep more than 7 hours 7x per week
  2. Stretch 3x per week
  3. Make art 1x per week
  4. Try something new/old each week (lift, swim, sledgehammer, run (UGH), etc)

Disclaimer: I'm a queer, genderqueer (they/them pronouns), poly, kinky, social justice tank. The photos I share here will be SFW, but if you follow the link to my Instagram page, you will probably see things that are not.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Teirin said:

Zombies Run made running not suck for me.  Any interest in that?

I've thought about it, but I think it would stress me out. :lol: (I don't want to die! What happens if they catch me???)

2 hours ago, Vibrantella said:

I hate running too.  That's why I don't do it!  :D (Also, I don't want my face to drop, but that's due to age and weight loss so not something that should stop you)

OH NOOOOOO don't give me something else to worry about!! My laugh lines started staying on my face last year ... oh late 30s, you're doing your thing.

20 minutes ago, RogueLibrarian said:

I can second this idea.

FOLLOWING

You would.

HELLO.

My new logbook has a cute little unicorn logo on the back ... https://www.redbubble.com/people/orkki/works/21571230-anti-fascist-unicorn?c=170253-other&p=sticker&ref=work_collections_grid 

flat,800x800,075,f.u3.jpg

Tonight I'm going out to burlesque, and so I took the day off tomorrow to rest and get a massage! I think I'm also going to check out the nail salon near my house. I haven't had the spoons to do my own nails in months, so this will be really nice. Might even get my toes done.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Twilight said:

I've thought about it, but I think it would stress me out. :lol: (I don't want to die! What happens if they catch me???)

YOU DIE AND HAVE TO START OVER nah just kidding they just growl at you and you "drop" some of the "supplies" that you "picked up" during the run.

You can even walk.

OH NOOOOOO don't give me something else to worry about!! My laugh lines started staying on my face last year ... oh late 30s, you're doing your thing.

Whippersnapper.

Digging that unicorn.

• Like 2

For me, swimming is all about the water temperature. If it's right, then I can be there all day and love every stroke.

If it's too cold, I'm outta there.

I'll keep popping in to see how it's going -- I still struggle with the permission for self-care, even though I realize that my life and mental health are hanging in the balance.

• Like 1

Oh hey, I survived kid #1's first ever sleepover birthday party! I even made them my first ever waffles for breakfast in the morning! I'd say that's a winning weekend.

I've been having trouble falling asleep because I keep thinking ahead to all of the things I have to do. I'm going to work on being present and in the present, and taking on one thing at a time.

My "new/old" thing last week was meditation on the subway. I'm going to keep trying that. Finding time to meditate is difficult, and since I have 2 hours on the subway every work day, I might as well put it to good use when I'm not reading. I've already done a new/old thing for this week: some of my physio exercises! :lol: But seriously, I need to keep up with that and do it again and more.

My art thing was helping my kid make a protest sign. I did an art thing this week already, too. Kid #1 is getting the new Zelda game for her birthday, but it doesn't come out until March 3rd, so I made a fake game cover and wrapped that up instead. She thought it was hilarious, so I'm happy and relieved. As she was opening it: "Is this seriously Breath of the Wild?!" :D 

On 08/02/2017 at 10:57 AM, RogueLibrarian said:

YOU DIE AND HAVE TO START OVER nah just kidding they just growl at you and you "drop" some of the "supplies" that you "picked up" during the run.

You can even walk.

HMMMM maaaaaybe. I'm getting a new phone soon, so I'll look into it. I'm thinking of signing up for a 40k charity walk in the fall, which should take around 7 hours at a medium pace. I'm sure I can walk for 7 hours straight; I just never have. I've been curious about walking long distances for years.

On 08/02/2017 at 1:43 PM, Heidi ☯ said:

For me, swimming is all about the water temperature. If it's right, then I can be there all day and love every stroke.

If it's too cold, I'm outta there.

I'll keep popping in to see how it's going -- I still struggle with the permission for self-care, even though I realize that my life and mental health are hanging in the balance.

I love swimming so much. I did a 1.5k swim in 17C open water a couple of years ago and nearly went into shock; it was terrible, but I finished the race. It was cold enough that they told us that we wouldn't be disqualified from placing if we wore wetsuits, but I don't have one.

Thanks! :)

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Twilight said:

HMMMM maaaaaybe. I'm getting a new phone soon, so I'll look into it. I'm thinking of signing up for a 40k charity walk in the fall, which should take around 7 hours at a medium pace. I'm sure I can walk for 7 hours straight; I just never have. I've been curious about walking long distances for years.

I think lots of people use it for walking. You can set the difficulty of the zombie chases, or turn them off entirely.

2 hours ago, Twilight said:

Oh well then! I like being OP. My favourite thing in World of Warcraft is to go into low level dungeons and just walk through them. XD

So fun, we do the same in FFXIV. 

Congrats on surviving the sleepover!  I bet they loved the waffles!

I stretched before bed last night!

I almost got enough sleep!

20 hours ago, Teirin said:

So fun, we do the same in FFXIV. 

Congrats on surviving the sleepover!  I bet they loved the waffles!

HULK SMASH. :D

Thanks! They did! AND they used lots of the fruit, not just the maple syrup and sprinkles. :-o

12 hours ago, maegs said:

Gonna third(?) Zombies! Run. I have the chases turned off, but I really like having the story to listen to while I'm running

I'll give it a try!

• Like 3

I need to move my bedtime up; 7 hours isn't enough for me. I'm going to try for 8. Wish me luck!

Yoga today. I managed minimal stretching in bed last night. My gf helped me re-dye my hair, and I got the sides buzzed again. Feeling good today. :D 

Finally caught Lickitung yesterday in Pokemon Go! YAY. New Kanto region Pokemon expected shortly.

2.5 weeks until the big rope performance in Montreal and I maaaaay be starting to freak out a little.

• Like 3

So @maegs  shared the book that she's reading in her thread and looking it up led me down a rabbit hold of posture correction pages and videos for working at a sit-stand desk. I like this one for sitting correctly.

There's also a longer video of her explaining the posture to a room full of holistic health experts, which is pretty neat, and also talks about standing posture.

So now I'm adjusting again with my back and my knees, for sitting and standing and stairs. Tailbone back seems to help a lot for going up stairs, but tucked seems to help more for going down stairs. I'll keep experimenting and listening to my body.

I'm going to have to set my bedtime alarm earlier if I want to get to bed earlier. Every day is a struggle to get out of bed, and I don't really feel awake until noon. It's pretty awful.

New/old thing I did yesterday was inclined desk pushups. I think I did three sets of ten. I should track that! (I immediately put words into practice and just jotted a quick and dirty table onto a sticky note for my desk.) And my shoulder muscles have a bit of soreness today! Yay. :D  I wish it wouldn't look funny for me to do squats at my desk, but I can do calf raises and butt squeezes. Maybe I'll set an alarm and do an exercise at my desk at regular intervals. Hmm!

I need to make an appointment with my doctor because my wrist is hurting again.

22 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

All the sleeps for you!

Zzzz ...

11 hours ago, Jakkals said:

Good luck on the 8 hours. Life would be much easier if other people were not involved.  

Oh goodness yes. Thank you.

• Like 2

On 2/15/2017 at 7:42 AM, Twilight said:

Finally caught Lickitung yesterday in Pokemon Go! YAY. New Kanto region Pokemon expected shortly.

Yeah!!  

244.gif

Happy to know I'm not the only one still playing Pokemon Go!  My boys have abandoned it but I like it.  It's more interesting for my walking goals to say "Today I'm going to hatch this 10k egg" instead of ugh, today I need to get in my 10k.  Currently my buddy is Togepi and I'm really, really close to evolving it into Togetic!!

• Like 1

Oh hey it's Tuesday. It was a long weekend here, which was nice. I got some sleep, which was lovely. My parents were visiting, and that was actually ok, too. My gf is almost moved in (she and husband are moving in the last of her big furniture today), and so this was the first time where my parents were staying with us and my gf was living with us, too. Full house. Crowded house? Too many pop culture references.

Practiced rope a couple of times this weekend. Getting things organised for the big performance. Here's me messing around with self suspension on Friday!

According to my handy dandy logbook, I did really well for stretching last week, even if it was just a couple of minutes before bedtime some nights. Sleep wasn't as good last week as it was the week before (3/7 vs 5/7). Setting my bedtime alarm a half hour earlier is helpful, but also kind of sucks. It's so early. ;_; 

Thinking about making a larger scale art thing soon. Hmm!

On 16/02/2017 at 2:40 PM, mom2sjm said:

Happy to know I'm not the only one still playing Pokemon Go!  My boys have abandoned it but I like it.  It's more interesting for my walking goals to say "Today I'm going to hatch this 10k egg" instead of ugh, today I need to get in my 10k.  Currently my buddy is Togepi and I'm really, really close to evolving it into Togetic!!

Eee! Togepi is cute! I'm excited about all the new Pokemon, but these were after my time, so I'm learning a lot of new names right now. I had two eevees ready to evolve so got an umbreon and espeon right away. :D

On 19/02/2017 at 0:49 PM, Primeval said:

Came by to cheer. Cheer! Cheer!

And primal posture, that does sound interesting...

Heya! Thanks!

I like the idea of being upright without being tense. It's about balancing on your spine correctly. You can't use muscle strength to keep your arms and shoulders back; fatigue sets in really quickly and you slump forward again. Holding my shoulders back shouldn't take concentrated effort. So it makes sense to me.

• Like 4

Love your rope pics as always. :)

1 hour ago, Twilight said:

Setting my bedtime alarm a half hour earlier is helpful, but also kind of sucks. It's so early. ;_; 

It's not about the hours you're missing out on though, it's about what you gain when you're awake. Quality over quantity and all that. :) 

1 hour ago, Twilight said:

Thinking about making a larger scale art thing soon. Hmm!

Ooh exciting!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Twilight said:

Eee! Togepi is cute! I'm excited about all the new Pokemon, but these were after my time, so I'm learning a lot of new names right now. I had two eevees ready to evolve so got an umbreon and espeon right away. :D

All the pokemon are after my time but my boys played the card game, all the DS games, and watched the cartoons so they are filling in all the gaps for me.  My youngest and I have been playing a ton the last couple of days (it's mid-winterbreak).  I hope I get some of those cool stones or scales or whatever I need to do some of the new evolutions.  So far only the new berries.

• Like 1