Starpuck - Ep IV: A New ...Role!

starpuck

Goal #1 - Be Combat Ready!

1A.  Strong like Grog!                                             

1B.  Move like Vex!                                  

1C.   Center like Keyleth

giphy.gif

This is my Grog dances because he's awesome gif!

• Stronglifts 3x / Week  - 3 of 3!!
  • Run, walk, move 2x / Week - 3 Total!  Two runs, one 6 mile hike
  • Active Rest 1-2x / Week  - 1 Yoga!  (WATER B Master Tank!)

Absolutely nailed it this week!     All three lift days, two ACTUAL run days a beautiful outdoor hike and I did Water B a Tank suggested on Monday.)

Goal #2 - GM's Gotta Number!

tumblr_nu1wndm8lz1uz17elo2_250.gif

• Food Tracking M-F 100% 5x/week - All 7 days, full tracking!
  • Saturday/Sunday Variances 2 MEALS/week - I tracked on the weekend as well, and stayed within targets, though I suppose I had one variance in that unexpectedly bad salad.

Very well done on this goal this week.   I even made my proposed targets on the zig zag method, though I left the flippy arrows on Saturday Sunday so I could eat the higher of the two targets on whatever day I did more activity.   So yeah, good there.     Have another week of zig zagging and then I may try doing a hard cut.   If a hard cut doesn't drop me any weight... well, that's more data.

Goal #3 - Bard's do it all!

giphy-tumblr.gif

• BuJo - Every day I'm BuJoing.   7x/week   - 7/7
  • Read 1 Chapter of Bible.   7x/week   - 7/7
  • Write affirmation.  7x/week.   - 7/7
  • SHARE an affirmation.  1x/week.   - Oh crap!  I forgot about this one!   I will post two next week.
  • Art Stuff.  3/x week  -  5+/3
  • D&D planning.  2 hours/week. - Done!   Created first dungeon and started story boarding first mission for it.  Also wrote history of the world. 

A whole lot of blue on this one too.   i honestly could have done 100% on this too if I even just REMEMBERED that I had that one extra goal.     But still, I got into a nice habit with the BuJo this week, and the reading and writing is going fantastic.    Btw, Isaiah is a hard book to just drop in on and read.  Seriously tough reading.   The art is going so so great guys.   Being able to draw as long or as little as I want to on the weekdays is so helpful.   The stepping away from SWTOR was definitely the right choice.   AND, hopping back into ESO allows me some of that game-social time without all the pressure.    Just all in all a great showing.

Guys.    Pretty much 100%-ed this week!   Amaaaaazing.   You'd think I'd feel super stoked about it.  I mean, I am!   But because the stupid results aren't where I want them it feels a little less epic than I'd like it to.    But yeah.   Did very very well this week.   I'd like to keep this momentum going forward.   I am taking a low key day today, just doing the yoga and not much else.  I have to remember that the body rebuilds when it is allowed to rest, so while I might look at a low step, low cal burn day as a failure... it's in fact letting my body REST and it NEEDS rest.     So. Yeah!    Lots of emotional battles, that I don't necessarily feel like I won... but I didn't give up.  I kept going.  And I made it through a great week!

• Like 7

Level 77 ~*~ Ranger

Deviant Art Gallery   ||  YouTube Channel

Current Challenge

"It is difficult.  All things worth keeping are."  Thane Krios - Mass Effect 2

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

"Staying within your limits is no fun, Ryder."  Vetra Nyx - ME: Andromeda

Spoiler

::PAST CHALLENGES::

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

17 hours ago, Starpuck said:

snip

Guys.    Pretty much 100%-ed this week!   Amaaaaazing.   You'd think I'd feel super stoked about it.  I mean, I am!   But because the stupid results aren't where I want them it feels a little less epic than I'd like it to.    But yeah.   Did very very well this week.   I'd like to keep this momentum going forward.   I am taking a low key day today, just doing the yoga and not much else.  I have to remember that the body rebuilds when it is allowed to rest, so while I might look at a low step, low cal burn day as a failure... it's in fact letting my body REST and it NEEDS rest.     So. Yeah!    Lots of emotional battles, that I don't necessarily feel like I won... but I didn't give up.  I kept going.  And I made it through a great week!

There is so much awesome in this post, I don't know where to start.  You're doing great!  And you definitely won.  No question there.  Don't let dumb emotions get you down.  This was most certainly a win.  

• Like 1

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

So some data.     Last week was a freaking stellar week right?    Emotionally, I was battling demons the entire time- I even had a moment while out to eat with friends, that I took the delicious French bread that came with my chicken dinner, got all ready to butter it up, then in a near tantrum, sighed heavily as I tossed it into the basket on the far side of the table.   Everyone was like 'What's wrong!?' and I had to just shake my head and say, 'That bread and butter is gonna be like 300 calories, I can't have it'.    I wanted it so bad.   And this constant restriction and denial of food is making me hate life when it comes to nourishment.   But for the sake of data and trying to find out what will work, I stuck to it.

Here's Fitbit's summary:  I exercised all 7 days, I had over 8 active hours, so more than an hour per day of activity on average, 2300 TDEE average.

My caloric intake followed my zigzag approach, that was designed to average 1700 calories in per day.   2300-1700 = 600 calorie deficit...

Adding up my actual calories, my totals were 16456 burned, 11776 consumed.   Net deficit of 4680.

QJGlEXR.png

Weight loss?  NOTHING.    In fact, here is what my month of February looks like on the scale.    Keeping in mind that I have been almost perfect with my activity goals.   I have gone 3 full weeks of lifting 3x a week, and every week had at least 1 heavy cardio day, but most had 2+.

vPYfnNF.png

So I am completely ARGH with this.    I am debating on giving up the zigzag method, and just dropping my calories to 1600 a day for a week straight and see if THAT gets me anywhere.   But then, I thought, I shouldn't keep changing things up so fast.    And since the idea of only eating 1600 calories a day makes me cry - especially on those days I end up burning like 2500... I should probably hold out and do 1 more week of zig zag, averaging 1700 per day?  I dunno.    I just know that my friends are noticing my crankiness level growing exponentially with this food business bs.

STRONGLIFTS FOO

I did get back to do my lifts today and they all sucked.   I dunno if it's because Yoga Water B actually tired me out yesterday, (I couldn't hold all the poses the whole time- which I figured might have been from my 6 mile hike absolutely wiping me out- I mean I was head to toe sore all night Saturday and into Sunday, and still tried the new yoga session) or if it's just getting that hard.

1. Squats at 90lb were doable, but the legs felt very weak doing them.   Which is odd because 85lb last Friday felt SO easy.  (I did reverse crunches between the squat sets because I get bored, and I want some ab work.   Did 25 between each set, so managed 125 total.)
  2. OHP I tapped out on.  First set only managed 4, pushed to get 5 on the second, on the 3rd, I got 5 but the last was a push press, and then attempting set 4- I couldn't get 65# up even once.  So I took the plates off the bar and just did the final 2 sets at 45#.
  3. Deadlift at 125lb.   Got 3 up, then had to drop and give myself a second before going after the last two sets.   I fear form might have been tossed aside on these, so I might keep them at 125 for the next workout too.

Finished things off with a 45" hold at the high point on pull up, then a slow negative.   Surprised I did this well considering the OHP had me totally beat.    Cooled down with 10m of stretching.

Food will be on target today: 2 eggs with salsa, 3 slices precooked bacon and coffee for bf at 8:30.  11am granola bar.  Noon workout.  1pm ham sandwich, 1/2 cucumber, hummus and coffee.   Afternoon snack will be cantelope with cool whip and 14 almonds.  Dinner is pork with saur kraut and potatoes, and then a Fiber One cookie with skim milk before bed.

Plan to finish Ghivran tonight with shading and background, so finished product should be available later.   Also want to put some time into the D&D world.   Since the rpg games I am playing in are kind of frustrating me, I should push forward on this and see if I end up getting more enjoyment out of running the stories.

Oh and tomorrow morning, the girls get their squish on.  Yay.  >.<

• Like 2

Level 77 ~*~ Ranger

Current Challenge

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

Spoiler

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

12 minutes ago, Starpuck said:

So I am completely ARGH with this. 

STRONGLIFTS FOO

Oh and tomorrow morning, the girls get their squish on.  Yay.  >.<

This is going to sound crazy, but eating more might be the answer.  I know @RisenPhoenix ran into a similar thing.  No idea if it's the right call for you, but it might be worth looking into.  

Your lifting is lookin good! I'd still say to make sure you're getting enough actual rest between sets.  Supersetting is good, but sometimes you just need the downtime.  

I have no idea what this means, but I feel like it's going either feel fabulous or painful.  

• Like 2

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

I'd say a week is not enough time to accurately experiment. Especially thanks to how our bodies work (sigh, hormones why do you make life so difficult?). Stick to it for another week at least! I try and do something for 4 weeks so that I can compare across a whole cycle.

And if it helps, remember that the scale can be a big fat liar. Measure other things as well - my scale went up last month but almost all my measurements went down and I *feel* stronger, so something must be working :)

• Like 2

Feminist Ranger (she/her)

Based in Melbourne, Australia

Current Challenge: Emerald Eagle refills her cup (January 2021)
Instagram: @emeraldeaglenf

“I wish you would thrash him. He deserves it." She looked back at him. "I will one day, sir. I'm getting tired of falling down.” - Alanna: The First Adventure

Piggybacking on what Oramac said I know Maurader was having similar problems and Eat to Perform was very helpful to her. Also, are you using a tape measure? You might be losing inches off of your waist but gaining muscle.

• Like 2

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Just an art post.    Because I finished Ghivran as I set out to tonight!

ghivran_by_lilwolfe006-daztb6v.jpg

• Like 5

Level 77 ~*~ Ranger

Current Challenge

Spoiler

That pic of Ghivran is AMAZING!!! I'm sorry to hear about your frustrations with weight loss, I think this is a sign that you need to take more time before you can see results

• Like 1

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

Way to go on a great week 1, even if you're not feelin' it! And that pic is fairly awesome, based on the description you posted I think you nailed it.

Re: food/weight stuff. I can feel your frustration coming out of your posts. I wish I had answers for you, but alas, I have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to food and weight related things. Something to consider, though: a pattern I've noticed is that you phrase your exercise as a reason to eat X (and X isn't always bad, or even something specific, but exercise usually leads to eating). What if you flip it so that, instead of exercising in order to eat, you eat in order to exercise (or rather, to excel at your chosen workout of the day). I have no idea what that would look like, and it'd probably be different for everyone, but even a mindset change might be a useful step. Something to think about anyway. And I do think your idea to consult a pro is a very good one, because you never know what's going on behind the scenes, but something that should be simple ends up being so complicated for so many of us, it might take more than one answer to get to the bottom of it.

Another thing to remember is, if you really want the bread and butter, eat the bread and butter, but don't eat all the bread and all the butter, and don't eat bread and butter every night. I know right now you're experimenting a bit, so in this particular case resisting is probably useful for the data collection side of things, even if it's unsatisfying, but is that level of emotion over a piece of bread really a healthy state of mind to be in long term? You have to answer that for yourself, but I know for me, the answer is no. But then my priorities are probably a bit different from yours, so what works for me won't necessarily work for you, but it might be something else to think about too.

Regardless, I'm rootin' for ya! I mean I would be anyway, obviously, but when I read your favourite bird is a chickadee, it sealed the deal :) Sending good vibes in a westerly direction for ya!!

• Like 3

Dare mighty things

Current Challenge

Ghivran came out AMAZEBALLS!!!! SO. GOOD.

I keep counting down to nutritionist for you... so much guessing and uncertainty is just crazy making. y dad always called it "hurry up and wait" and it's infuriating. If you can maintain for just a few more weeks... I'm pulling for you! You got dis ;)  

• Like 1

Thanks guys!    I have art dysmorphia sometimes I think... I often don't see my stuff as very good at all.   I mean, I see progress so that's great!  But like, you'll notice, most times I don't hop in on art-threads round here, because I feel like I am no where near decent enough to pass my stuff off as art hah.   But Ghivran was really fun, and my friend even said he's going to print him up and put him in his character binder!  So I feel pretty good about this last piece.   Roland is next.   Then Ezraldo.  Freaking beards....yo.

Also PUN FOR TUESDAY anyone?

A clever pun artist knows that there is no bad time for a pun. Yearly boob screening today. The radiologist reminds me that call backs should not cause panic. My answer, "I know. I have dense breasts. They just haven't taken well to schooling."

Yes, I for real dropped that one on the woman running my test this morning.   She laughed.  I bet she's never had someone crack boob puns at a mammogram hahaha.

I shall offer a more real update later!   Coworker is out sick today so I have double duty.

• Like 3

Level 77 ~*~ Ranger

Current Challenge

Spoiler

24 minutes ago, Starpuck said:

Thanks guys!    I have art dysmorphia sometimes I think... I often don't see my stuff as very good at all.   I mean, I see progress so that's great!  But like, you'll notice, most times I don't hop in on art-threads round here, because I feel like I am no where near decent enough to pass my stuff off as art hah.   

Have you seen my drawing?  No?  That's good.  Seriously, you're very good at this stuff.  We all tend to be our own worst critics.  Everyone keeps telling me my Paladin story is good, and yet I keep thinking "what are they missing? There's gotta be something that's bad".  

The point is, don't sell yourself short.  You are a good artist. 

• Like 1

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

5 hours ago, Starpuck said:

Thanks guys!    I have art dysmorphia sometimes I think... I often don't see my stuff as very good at all.   I mean, I see progress so that's great!  But like, you'll notice, most times I don't hop in on art-threads round here, because I feel like I am no where near decent enough to pass my stuff off as art hah.   But Ghivran was really fun, and my friend even said he's going to print him up and put him in his character binder!  So I feel pretty good about this last piece.   Roland is next.   Then Ezraldo.  Freaking beards....yo.

You are good enough, more than good enough!  I am happy to see more of your art at least here!  I can more improvement you are doing and it's looking great :D.  It's awesome that you're feeling good too :D.

Haha I'm not that good at beards...I want to draw more peeps with beards but ugh!  A little rough!

ALSO!  LOOK AT DEM AS!!!!

giphy.gif

Awesome week 1!!! WOO!!!

• Like 1

Race: Were-Jaguar | Class: CodeMONKey

Level: 18 | STR: 46  | DEX: 41  | STA: 35  | CON: 51  | WIS: 57 | CHA: 47

Spoiler

---

Challenges: CURRENT

18TH | 17TH | 16TH 15TH 14TH | 13TH | 12.5TH | 12TH | 11TH |

10TH | 9TH | 8TH 7TH | 6TH | 5TH | 4TH | 3RD | 2ND | 1ST

Accountbilbuddies: Artists unite for March/April 2017!

---

"Everyone's the same height when you punch them hard enough"

---

NF Character Profile | BATTLE LOG | Tumblr | DeviantArt | Warhammer 40k Shenanigans

22 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Also, are you using a tape measure? You might be losing inches off of your waist but gaining muscle.

What Tank said.  I've added measurements and photos to my scale numbers to give me more chances to succeed weekly.   Might help. 

• Like 2
Spoiler

Currently...

Playing (Video Game): RDR2

DMing: Tyranny of Dragons.  First session 11/29.

Broba Fett tracks em down.

Facebook (Personal)  Facebook (Author Page)

Past Challenges:

5 minutes ago, Broba Fett said:

What Tank said.  I've added measurements and photos to my scale numbers to give me more chances to succeed weekly.   Might help. 

Seconding this.  It's also one of the big things that Steve preaches in his articles.  The scale lies.  

• Like 2

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

I took measurements in January.   I've been afraid to take new ones because all of my clothes feel tighter, not looser. :(   I also have pictures, but, same fears there.   I am sticking it out though.   Gonna remain on the zig zag plan (that averages 1700 a day) and just record all the data this week too.    Since I've inched back down a couple ounces, my weight tracker is at least saying that in 382 days, I will reach my goal weight of dropping 15 pounds.    Which means... Ima lose like 1/4 LB per week hahahaha.

I made it out for my run at lunch.    It's still really unseasonably mild here, so I did it outside.   The sun was supposed to show up, but he was tardy (out now, go figure).   I ran a mile, walked 1/10th, ran a mile, walked 1/10th, then mixed up the last mile with run/walks of no particular time or distance.   Running outdoors with pavement and uneven terrain and wind and inclines is so much more breath-gasping.   Also.  I felt like I was running with cement legs.  So. Heavy.

Food is on target for an 1850 calorie day.    Which, if it turns out at all like last Tuesday, is still around a 700 calorie deficit for the day.   We'll see how it adds up.

I am going to friends house tonight to finish watching Baccano, and then play some of our best to date, Don't Starve Together game.   Thankfully, I still have pumpkin chili over there, so I have my food all planned out.   No room for binging or mindless social snacking.

So that means no art tonight.  But there was about an hour of quiet time at work today and I did manage to write up another delve for my D&D game, as well as come up with names and mottos for some of the factions and groups that will show up along the way.   I also found an online graph paper site that lets you set your grid size and color and prints out grid lined sheets of paper.  So I set it to 1x1 and printed it very light.   I am drawing my maps right on those things!!!   It requires several sheets, but that might be a blessing in disguise, since I can offer the party sheets only as they explore the rooms.    I will try and get a picture later. ;)

Until tomorrow... I'm out!

giphy.gif

• Like 3

Level 77 ~*~ Ranger

Current Challenge

Spoiler

14 hours ago, Starpuck said:

I took measurements in January.   I've been afraid to take new ones because all of my clothes feel tighter, not looser. :(   I also have pictures, but, same fears there.   I am sticking it out though.   Gonna remain on the zig zag plan (that averages 1700 a day) and just record all the data this week too.    Since I've inched back down a couple ounces, my weight tracker is at least saying that in 382 days, I will reach my goal weight of dropping 15 pounds.    Which means... Ima lose like 1/4 LB per week hahahaha.

Echoing Tank here.  You're going to an awful lot of trouble to get all this awesome data for calorie/weight tracking, but don't want data for measurements/pictures.  They're just one more data set to get you closer to your goal.  

• Like 2

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

Wow, Girvan looks awesome, that's really cool!

Sorry I've only just caught up. I discovered Critical Roll in your thread a couple of weeks back and now I'm hooked on it. And I've never even played D&D! It's so watchable though!

Also, alternating squat and deadlift days with running days, respect! No wonder your legs felt like lead yesterday though.

• Like 2

Level 16 Wood Elf Ranger

STR: 3  -  CON: 0  -  CHA: 0  -  SAN: 1  -  INT: 0

IAgreeWithTank™

"Shit is going down, but I am not." - iatetheyeti

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Current Challenge: Anatomy of an Orc

External: Epic Quest - Instagram - Strava

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map - 2021 Road Map

So tired today.  So so tired.   Work also continues to kick my butt.   Didn't get enough sleep last night, and what I did get was restless and full of strange dreams and nightmares.

Should've been a lift day, but opted for walk outside because it was sunny, 65 degrees and I was sore head to toe.  Just tight, and achey and not very strong feeling.   Of course, an 'active recovery' walk probably shouldn't have been 3.1 miles on a 50 minute lunch break.  >.>  Woops?

Food is on target to hit my plotted 1600 calories, and despite a brain that wants to do nothing but veg, I forced myself todo some loose sketch work on the next character in our party.  Roland our sword and board warrior merc.   I'm having fun with these attempts at more challenging poses.

7VOPQty.jpg

My bujo list has so much I wanted to get done tonight, but my brain is almost too tired to even play ESO.     I may just pop on some anime and call it an easy night.

• Like 4

Level 77 ~*~ Ranger

Current Challenge

Spoiler

11 hours ago, Starpuck said:

7VOPQty.jpg

My bujo list has so much I wanted to get done tonight, but my brain is almost too tired to even play ESO.     I may just pop on some anime and call it an easy night.

Sketch is lookin good.  I think the shield is at kind of a wonky angle.  Normally I'd expect it to be parallel with his forearm on that side.  But even so, it looks great so far! 

Sometimes you just need a veg day.  You can only push yourself so hard before you gotta take some R&R.  Maybe now is that time. 

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

21 minutes ago, Oramac said:

Sketch is lookin good.  I think the shield is at kind of a wonky angle.  Normally I'd expect it to be parallel with his forearm on that side.  But even so, it looks great so far! 

Sometimes you just need a veg day.  You can only push yourself so hard before you gotta take some R&R.  Maybe now is that time. 

Thanks!! Something I've figured out that's working for me on art, is to just do the sketch and post it somewhere.  That's day one.   I too noticed the shield's wonkiness after pulling the sketchbook away hehe!    It either needs to turn to be angled, or come up higher so his forearm is hidden.   (And even still a bit of an angle shift will be needed.)   It's kind of like, taking a break from looking at it while I am working on it, allows me to see it with new eyes the next time I do look it over! 

I went to bed at 10:45 last night!  Woke up to the sun out again this morning (though our temps are gonna dive) and I feel much much better about life for the moment hahaha. :)

• Like 3

Level 77 ~*~ Ranger

Current Challenge

Spoiler