What level are you?

Hey all! I'm just starting off my journey and it's been really cool finding challenges and earning experience but I was just curious where people are on their quest to level 50?

Also, how are you monitoring your points for leveling up? I'm planning on going 100, 200, 400, 800,... and so on, is that the best way or is there a better way? 

That's neat, and so are you

On 2/7/2017 at 3:52 PM, Captainfantastic said:

Hey all! I'm just starting off my journey and it's been really cool finding challenges and earning experience but I was just curious where people are on their quest to level 50?

Also, how are you monitoring your points for leveling up? I'm planning on going 100, 200, 400, 800,... and so on, is that the best way or is there a better way? 

For me I am taking on a challenge to complete a minimum of 1 quest per day(I did the calculation and found out there are 804 Quests in all, excluding the locked ones) for the entirety of 2017. As of now I am level 10. I don't expect to hit level 50 by the end of this year(Nor do I expect to complete half the Quests), but I do plan to hit all the NF Quests in the long-term.

For monitoring I am using a spreadsheet to track all my completed Quests and XP than doing a comparison check each month. I am not so focused on the points, rather I am focused on whether or not I've completed at least 1 Quest per day.

My two cents on the subject is that a lot of these Quests are not given the appropriate XP to them. For example, a lot of the Parkour Quests require you to learn moves that would be considered more advanced than others but give out less XP. Then there are multiple Quests out there that require the exact same thing(e.g. Holding handstands against the wall for 10 seconds has 3 Quests, 2 with different wording and 1 in a different class) but give out different amount of XP. I wouldn't really focus more on the points rather just pick a class and try to complete all the Quests in them.

Challenge Logs:

Current Challenge | Fitocracy Profile | Photo Journal

Crab Stats:

Level 27 Ranger | Level 35 Fitocract | Level 100 Awesome

Considering I only began the rebellion a couple days ago, level 0 with 0 XP. On my way to level 50 though!

PS: If you found this post kind of pointless, my apologies. I just thought I might as well.

• Like 1

If you ever feel scared to do something really fun, just do it. Do it today. then say "What the hell did I just do."

According to what I've filled in on my NF profile, I'm NF lv 9 and EQ lv 2. I've been meaning to set some time aside to flesh out my EQ list and shore that up, since it's self-determined. 

If you go with that system, the experience required to level up is built into the program, so you don't have to work out the math yourself. (Takes 2500 exp to get to NF lv 9, with gradually increasing exp needed per level. To get from lv 9 to lv 10, 400 exp is needed.) 

To access this quest setup, from your character profile (https://www.nerdfitness.com/level-up/my-character/ when you're logged in) click on the "Quests" tab on the left (https://www.nerdfitness.com/level-up/my-quests/). A list of Nerd Fitness quests is at your fingertips. You can go through and check off the ones you've completed for a quick level boost (I just did this yesterday and zoomed from lv 1 to lv 9. Felt like I was pigging out on rare candies). 

As for setting experience for your epic quests... as @CheshireCrab noted, exp for NF quests is kind of bizarre, and doesn't offer a good comparison point. I'd say just do what feels right for you.