• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

27 minutes ago, Sam Ashen said:

I was told about 35 yards each set, so pace it out a path for myself that I believe is close enough.  So where I was, if I grab the dumbbells and walk to a hallway, then down the hallway past a couple of studios, that is one set.  Up and down the hallway a couple of times is a couple more sets.  Then I go put them back and gauge how I feel based on if I need a break before putting the dumbbells away.

Same. The indoor turf "field" we have at my PL gym is 35 yards. It's very clearly marked out in giant white numbers. Each set is to walk to the other end, stop and then come back. I count one "set" as both there and back in terms of my tracker, but it's really two sets technically because I take a breather when I get to one end before I come back. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

Same. The indoor turf "field" we have at my PL gym is 35 yards. It's very clearly marked out in giant white numbers. Each set is to walk to the other end, stop and then come back. I count one "set" as both there and back in terms of my tracker, but it's really two sets technically because I take a breather when I get to one end before I come back. 

That explains why she said 35 yards!  Her Temple of Counterfit has a turf field that is very likely 35 yards.

I still think she modifies what her coach gives her for programming and gives it to me. :lol:  So based on that whatever she is doing in a couple of weeks when she is back in town is what I am going to be doing in two more months.

We will be picking some meet to go to and then we will have a target date and some new opener numbers that will frighten me.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Sam Ashen said:

That explains why she said 35 yards!  Her Temple of Counterfit has a turf field that is very likely 35 yards.

I still think she modifies what her coach gives her for programming and gives it to me. :lol:  So based on that whatever she is doing in a couple of weeks when she is back in town is what I am going to be doing in two more months.

We will be picking some meet to go to and then we will have a target date and some new opener numbers that will frighten me.

Hah!

It's not a crossfit gym, but I am wondering if a lot of similar gyms use the same turf field model. It is geared more towards "functional fitness" though. There are very few cardio machines, but plenty of all sorts of other equipment. 

I'm excited to see what kind of terrifying openers she has in store for you! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sam Ashen said:

1 hour ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

It's not a crossfit gym, but I am wondering if a lot of similar gyms use the same turf field model. It is geared more towards "functional fitness" though. There are very few cardio machines, but plenty of all sorts of other equipment. 

I go to a very similar gym to Taddea. We have a rig but mostly to maximize the number of rack spots we have and the rest is other strength equipment and a few rowers and airdynes. Our turf is just over 100ft...which is ~35yards. Clearly turf must come in some set lengths or some weird coincidence stuff is going on. 

• Like 1

Morning weigh-in hit a new low for the year:  200.6 pounds.

Today was a rest day, because I'm not going to work out when I just got my hair done!

Score for Today:

2841 Calories

309 Carbs (300 to 420)

110 Fat (100 to 140)

173 Protein (160 minimum)

-0.4 Overall - It was kind of a minimalist day for me.

Hitting the Broad Side of a Barn: 9/12

• Like 7

While I was writing, I rambled into different subjects and eventually got into discussing goals for the year.  Those would be:

6-plate deadlift by the end of the year.  584 pounds or approximately 265 kg.  That should still be good for a record DL in the 93 kg Old-Farts 1A Division.

200 kg weightlifting total.  That can be done by adding 8 kg to each of my PR lifts.  So those would be:

86 kg Snatch (189 pounds)

114 kg Clean and Jerk (251 pounds)

Based on that it looks like my weight goal is to stay inside 93 kg or 205 pounds and I am currently 5 pounds lower than that.

• Like 5

My gym has turf that is actual turf from the football field here. And I have no idea how long it is because it's in the wrong direction.

Imagine walking sideline to sideline of a football field. That is what I do. The yard tickers are lateral to me -_-

Edit to say: It was 16 steps for each foot last night. Whatever that comes around to.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, miss_marissa said:

My gym has turf that is actual turf from the football field here. And I have no idea how long it is because it's in the wrong direction.

Imagine walking sideline to sideline of a football field. That is what I do. The yard tickers are lateral to me -_-

Edit to say: It was 16 steps for each foot last night. Whatever that comes around to.

160 feet?

32 paces?  5 feet per pace?  Carrying heavy dumbbells? :o

• Like 1

1 minute ago, miss_marissa said:

5 feet per pace? What am I? 8 feet tall?

Brave-Sir-Robin-monty-python-and-the-hol

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, Sam Ashen said:

Brave-Sir-Robin-monty-python-and-the-hol

Is that an early facebook photo of marissa? Looks a little grainy, but I suppose.

• Like 2

Waiting for Spring, Week 6, Day 3, Thursday

No misses.  No excuses.

Hip Snatch + Overhead Squat: 3x104, 3x114, 3x124 pounds

Snatch: 2x114, 2x2x129, 2x1x144 pounds

Hip Clean + 2 Jerks: 3x139, 3x154, 2x164 pounds

Clean and Jerk: 2x154, 2x2x174, 2x1x199 pounds

Paused Front-Squats: 1x199, 1x224, 1x244 pounds

Front-Squats: 3x210 pounds

Score for Today:

2953 Calories

321 Carbs

113 Fat

177 Protein

-2.6 Overall

Hitting the Broad Side of a Barn: 10/13

No videos uploaded tonight because 4am comes early.

• Like 6

53 minutes ago, Sam Ashen said:

Hitting the Broad Side of a Barn: 10/13

What is that? Because the way I am picturing it is either a car running into a barn, or running through one like an unstoppable bad ass

12 hours ago, wvuengineer said:

What is that? Because the way I am picturing it is either a car running into a barn, or running through one like an unstoppable bad ass

OH YEAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH

tumblr_njydmzHlZK1txe8e9o1_500.gif

• Like 4

22 hours ago, wvuengineer said:

I gave myself macro targets so broad they are like hitting the broad side of a barn.  Spoiler alert:  Today I missed.

Waiting for Spring, Week 6, Day 4, Friday

Powerlifting Day with Miss Broki at Stupid Thirty in the morning.  She is also out of town and I will not see her for a while, so we will also know this as:

12 Days of Freedom!

We are going to have to think of things I can do while she is away!  She told me no bench press.  Don't blow up my sodium count.  There were donuts at the office and I was so tempted to take a picture of them and post them up in IG in honor of 12 Days of Freedom.  I didn't, because she is not out of town yet and getting busted the very next day would just suck.  I had a bank errand in the afternoon, so I went shopping and picked up a steak and blew up my macros that way.

Lifting heavy at Stupid Thirty in the Morning:

Squats: 8x44, 8x134, 8x184, 4x234, 8x279, 3x8x239 pounds.

Deadlifts: 3x224, 3x344, 3x394, 3x444 pounds

Pull-Ups: 8+8+7+6 - We actually ground out 8 per set, but these are the ones I will count.

Dumbbell Bench Press: 12x30, 12x40, 12x45, 12x50 pounds

Dumbbell Rows: 12x40, 12x45, 12x50, 12x55 pounds

The look I give when she suggested working out at this time in the morning frees up more time in the evening.  When I think about it later, she might actually be correct:  A half hour of not lying in bed waiting for a better time to roll out, plus a little more time for not having to fight traffic, and some more for not having to wait for a platform, plus some more time for having to get the work done on a schedule.  So it could add an hour.

That is, IF I am willing to be up that early in the morning every morning.

12-funny-morning-poem.png

She asked if I would be angry about Friday Morning at Stupid O'Clock becoming a thing.  No.  Scared.

Score for Today:

Calories
kcal
Carbs
g
Fat
g
Protein
g
Sodium
mg
Sugar
g

*You've earned 340 extra calories from exercise today
Totals 3,297 258 177 173 2,915 82  
Your Daily Goal 3,220 322 107 242 9,200 118  
Remaining -77 64 -70 69 6,285 36  
If every day were like today...   You'd weigh 200.8 lbs in 5 weeks 

So the steak was too fat.  But it was good!  It was a nice little diversion.  The Fat goal was 100 to 140, and the steak came in way high.  The carb goal was 300 to 420, but I decided I might as well call it because the overall count looks pretty good.  Here is the culprit:

Product of USA - Ribeye BI Lip On Steak (Boneless), 13 oz 1,203 0 107 59 195

That was the closest I could find on macros.  107 Fat and 59 Protein. :tyrannosaurus:

• Like 6

9 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

That's a lot of days of freedom for donut mischief. :abnormal:

It's a lot of days of freedom for mischief. :devilish:

I assume you have a program to follow while she's gone?

Yup.  Same as usual.  I will be doing Week 7 of 12.

Just add donuts between sets as part of your rest.

*checks calendar*  See below for a sudden change of plan.

Waiting for Spring, Week 7, Day 4, Saturday

This is also known as 11 Days of Freedom!  Yesterday, I thought about posting a picture of the donuts in the office to celebrate my 12 Days of Freedom! online.  It was a good thing I did not, because I went to the Temple of Counterfit and she was there and I would have been so busted.  Now I can say or do what I want and not have to worry about the consequences.  For 11 days, anyway.

2 Hip Snatches plus Behind the Neck Push Press: 3x104, 3x114, 3x124 pounds

Hang Snatches: 2x114, 2x2x129, 3x144 pounds

Push Press in Jerk Stance: 3x114, 3x139, 3x154 pounds

Clean and Power Jerk: 2x154, 2x2x174, 3x1x199 pounds

Clean Pulls: 3x199, 3x224, 3x3x249 pounds

Squats: 3x184, 3x224, 3x274, 1x314, 1x304, 3x294, 2x3x249 pounds

Lunges: 4x20x139 pounds, superset with

Hollow Holds: 4x60 seconds

Hang snatches were feeling shaky rather than confident from below the knee.  It is kind of like I was pulling too early.

The squats.  I got one rep at 314 pounds, but decided not to attempt any more.  I felt the same way about 304, so went all the way back to 294 pounds.  Looking back at my handwritten log, I have been bouncing around 304 pounds for triples for a long time.  I got one triple at 308.  294 pounds seems to be the low point where it looks like I know I have the triple.  Meanwhile back on Monday I squatted 299 pounds for five.  It is also possible the day after hitting an 8RM and doing a heavy DL triple is not the best day for a heavy squat triple.  It is also possible that I died again, given that once again, 28 days have elapsed since the last day I died.

ZOMG!  I'm on a monthly cycle!!!

Lunges were the reason I chose the Temple of Counterfit.  There is a bunch of length and width and options to run my set.  Otherwise I am stuck with standing lunges and they suck.  My hollow holds, I am still working with the early progressions and trying to hold both feet out for as long as I can before bringing one in for a break.  I might have done better to just stick with the 45 second hold. :P

From the Temple of Counterfit, I went to Outback Steakhouse and just had their bread and burger.  I thought about a yummy dessert, because I have promised myself one dessert for this cycle.  Then I chose the day I shall have this promised dessert.

The day I choose to have this yummy dessert I promised myself is the Satruday Miss Broki is out of town!

Then I went home and got my mail and yet another surprise was waiting for me:

a92812b4ca96b03d22ad8244ca6dfe87.jpg

She correctly knew that I could buy 5 boxes with a 20 dollar bill, but let her father handle the money and distribute the change.  I figured I could "metabolize" two boxes over my eleven remaining days of freedom.  I calculated 2255 calories for the two boxes, based on the nutrition label.  So that would be 205 calories per day for 11 days.  I figured well. :D

Besides.

b9a78a17711c205ac0d95846ef2a3dc4.jpg

Score for Today:

Calories
kcal
Carbs
g
Fat
g
Protein
g
Sodium
mg
Sugar
g

*You've earned 998 extra calories from exercise today
Totals 3,769 373 180 174 6,696 91  
Your Daily Goal 3,878 388 129 291 9,200 138  
Remaining 109 15 -51 117 2,504 47  
If every day were like today...   You'd weigh 198.9 lbs in 5 weeks
  • Like 7

Today is Sunday Rest Day.  It is also known as:

10 Days of Freedom!

I took a long walk because a warm day like this in February is impossible to pass up.  It's warm outside and even better:  NO BUGS!!!!

Score for Today:

3053 Calories

329 Carbs (300 to 420)

107 Fat (100 to 140)

200 Protein (160 minimum)

-3.9 Overall

Hitting the Broad Side of a Barn: 11/16 - And I got a whole bunch of Girl Scout Cookies to fit inside this mess:

Snacks
Girl Scouts - Caramel Delites, 5 cookies 325 48 15 3 138 30  
Girl Guides - Thin Mints, 4 cookies 160 21 8 1 135 10  
Add Food  485 69 23 4 273 40

BOOYAH!!!  I am almost half way through the cookies!

• Like 5

12 hours ago, Sam Ashen said:

I took a long walk because a warm day like this in February is impossible to pass up.  It's warm outside and even better:  NO BUGS!!!!

SAME! We also walked/hiked yesterday and I said the exact same thing out loud. "the best part of walks in February is NO BUGS." Last time we were there in late summer/early fall it was a swarm. 

• Like 2