Ha!  Just kidding.

Waiting for Spring, Week 7, Day 1, Monday

Hip Snatch plus Overhead Squat: 3x104, 3x114, 3x124 pounds

Hang Snatch: 2x114, 2x129, 3x1x144 pounds

Hip Clean plus 2 Jerks: 3x139, 3x154, 2x164 pounds #whatisthiscrossfit

Hang Clean: 2x154, 2x174, 3x1x199 pounds

Squats: 5x184, 5x224, 3x274, 5x294, 2x5x254 pounds

Push Press: 5x134, 5x154, 5x180, 2x5x154 pounds

I went a little bit lighter on the squats and push presses because Miss Broki is out of town and I am a slacker.

Score for Today:

3294 Calories

348 Carbs

119 Fat

172 Protein

-0.6 Overall

Hitting the Broad Side of a Barn: 12/17

Monday morning weigh-in came in at 201.8 pounds.

The Caramel Delites are GONE!!!

24 Thin Mints remaining.

• Like 7

8 Days of Freedom!

Waiting for Spring, Week 7, Day 2

Paused Overhead Squats: 3x94, 3x114, 1x134, 3x154

Overhead Squats: 2x3x134 pounds

Paused Deadlifts: 3x224, 3x324, 3x374, 3x424 pounds

Deadlifts: 3x3x364 pounds

Overhead Press: 5x44, 5x64, 5x94, 3x124, 4x134, 2x5x114 pounds

Farmers Carries: 4x85 pounds

Lower Back Extensions: 4x10x75 pounds, superset with

Lateral Shoulder Raises: 4x10x22.5 pounds

Overhead Press - Such an epic grind for the fifth rep that on camera should have locked out, but I ran out of mojo.

Today I honored Taco Tuesday by fixing soft tacos for myself, but forgot a few key ingredients.

Score for Today:

3234 Calories

302 Carbs (300 to 420)

135 Fat (100 to 140)

212 Protein (160 minimum)

-1.2 Overall

Hitting the Broad Side of a Barn: 13/18 - And yes, I really did use the Girl Scout Cookies to fill out my macros for the day. :tyrannosaurus:

• Like 5

Only 8 more days of freedom left! 

gasp.gif?w=300&h=220 

Have you calculate yet how many girl scout cookies you can eat before she returns? Cookies/perday. 

I see you bumped up those farmers carries. BOOM. 

• Like 2

7 Days of Freedom!

Waiting for Spring, Week 7, Day 3, Wednesday

Also known as No Misses, No Excuses Day

Hip Snatch plus Overhead Squat: 3x104, 3x114, 3x124 pounds

Snatch: 2x114, 2x2x129, 2x1x144 pounds

Hip Clean plus 2 Jerks: 3x139, 3x154, 2x164 pounds

Clean and Jerk: 2x154, 2x2x174, 2x1x199 pounds

Paused Front-Squats: 1x199, 1x224, 1x249 pounds

Front-Squats: 3x214 pounds

Speaking of waiting for spring, there is a big winter storm coming.  So if I get up at stupid o'clock tomorrow morning, I can get my powerlifting day done and certainly be home by the time the storm hits.  If it is really bad, then I will take a snow day on Friday and stay at home in my jammies.  With preparation like this, most likely the storm will miss, just like it did the last two times,.

I went simple for dinner tonight.  Mac and Cheese, Cottage Cheese, Greek Yogurt, and topped off my macros with Girl Scout Cookies.

Score for Today:

3075 Calories

320 Carbs (300 to 420)

122 Fat (100 to 140)

187 Protein (160 minimum)

-1.4 Overall

Hitting the Broad Side of a Barn: 14/19

With 4 Thin Mints, I was 1 Carb shy of my minimum of 300.  So I had another 4.  I am beginning to wonder if I set my minimum Carbs and Fat just a little bit too high and maybe 90 / 270 is more realistic based on my typical low macro days.

• Like 8

I'm actually relieved to hear you are going to get a snow storm. Because the weather here is TERRIFYINGLY warm. 

I'm sure you can hit 300 carbs if you try hard and believe in yourself! 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

I'm actually relieved to hear you are going to get a snow storm. Because the weather here is TERRIFYINGLY warm. 

Snotty and humid reporting in. Projected high for today is 75 and tomorrow will be around 78. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, AugustaAdaByron said:

I've missed that part but if Sam is taking iron supplements I can tell you who probably isn't.

She's right you know. So very right. *cries*

maybe constipation will help him brace his core?

• Like 2

So many responses.......

21 hours ago, RedStone said:

I feel like... I'm pulling for the storm + pjs hit. +1! Good luck :P 

Thanks!  I have a sneaking feeling that it will miss and I will be at work tomorrow.

10 hours ago, Urgan said:

Snotty and humid reporting in. Projected high for today is 75 and tomorrow will be around 78. 

How many times have I mentioned I want to return to the South?  However, I am stuck here in MinniBulgaria and not allowed to move. :(

The recruiter I talk to the most has not much news to share.  I joked about this incoming storm and confirmed that prospects of moving to Florida or Texas are not looking that good in the near future.

11 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

I'm sure you can hit 300 carbs if you try hard and believe in yourself!

:tyrannosaurus: It is a matter of pulling out one of my hacks.  I guess I was feeling lazy.

7 hours ago, miss_marissa said:

Dat's a lot of dairy.

It is my go-to for a protein hack.  And yeah.  I still go through a lot of Dairy in a week.  If Beef is Paleo, why not Dairy?

7 hours ago, Laghail said:

Who even poops anymore?

3 hours ago, AugustaAdaByron said:

I've missed that part but if Sam is taking iron supplements I can tell you who probably isn't.

3 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Of course, depending on one's lactose tolerance, the question could be asked if one ever stops pooping.

Wow!!!  Inquiring minds *really* want to know!!!

Give Tank a cigar.  He has exactly the right answer.  I *never* stop pooping.  I think it is because I eat so much, it just forces its way out the other end.  I have no idea how much of my body weight is GI.

----------------------------------------

In other news......

6 Days of Freedom!

Waiting for Spring, Week 7, Day 5, Thursday

Powerlifting at Stupid O'Clock in the Morning

Squats: 8x44, 8x134, 8x184, 4x234, 8x284, 3x8x244 pounds

Deadlifts: 3x234, 3x344, 3x394, 3x444 pounds

Dumbbell Bench Press: 12x30, 12x40, 12x45, 12x50 pounds

Pull-Ups: 8+7+7+7

Dumbbell Rows: 4x12x60 pounds

The squats looked and felt like ugly squat mornings.  I might back off a little bit next week.

I used a hook grip for the deadlifts and reopened a cut on my thumb where I sliced myself open a couple of days ago.

The rows did not feel great.  I might back off a bit next week.

I did a little bit of storm shopping on the way home and decided to eat ribs and spike up my Sodium count.  Because.  Who cares about Sodium, right?

Score for Today:

3346 Calories

394 Carbs (300 to 420)

110 Fat (100 to 140)

199 Protein (160 minimum)

-0.1 Overall

Hitting the Broad Side of a Barn: 15/20

Thin Mints Remaining:  8

For those who are curious:  My Sodium count was 6.1K. :tyrannosaurus:

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Sam Ashen said:

So many responses.......

Thanks!  I have a sneaking feeling that it will miss and I will be at work tomorrow.

How many times have I mentioned I want to return to the South?  However, I am stuck here in MinniBulgaria and not allowed to move. :(

The recruiter I talk to the most has not much news to share.  I joked about this incoming storm and confirmed that prospects of moving to Florida or Texas are not looking that good in the near future.

:tyrannosaurus: It is a matter of pulling out one of my hacks.  I guess I was feeling lazy.

It is my go-to for a protein hack.  And yeah.  I still go through a lot of Dairy in a week.  If Beef is Paleo, why not Dairy?

Wow!!!  Inquiring minds *really* want to know!!!

Give Tank a cigar.  He has exactly the right answer.  I *never* stop pooping.  I think it is because I eat so much, it just forces its way out the other end.  I have no idea how much of my body weight is GI.

In other news......

6 Days of Freedom!

Waiting for Spring, Week 7, Day 5, Thursday

Powerlifting at Stupid O'Clock in the Morning

Squats: 8x44, 8x134, 8x184, 4x234, 8x284, 3x8x244 pounds

Deadlifts: 3x234, 3x344, 3x394, 3x444 pounds

Dumbbell Bench Press: 12x30, 12x40, 12x45, 12x50 pounds

Pull-Ups: 8+7+7+7

Dumbbell Rows: 4x12x60 pounds

The squats looked and felt like ugly squat mornings.  I might back off a little bit next week.

I used a hook grip for the deadlifts and reopened a cut on my thumb where I sliced myself open a couple of days ago.

The rows did not feel great.  I might back off a bit next week.

I did a little bit of storm shopping on the way home and decided to eat ribs and spike up my Sodium count.  Because.  Who cares about Sodium, right?

Score for Today:

3346 Calories

394 Carbs (300 to 420)

110 Fat (100 to 140)

199 Protein (160 minimum)

-0.1 Overall

Hitting the Broad Side of a Barn: 15/20

Thin Mints Remaining:  8

For those who are curious:  My Sodium count was 6.1K. :tyrannosaurus:

I love how much you don't give a f#@k about sodium. I have recently discovered (despite what I previously thought) that I am quite sodium sensitive. When I cut my sodium on this new nutrition plan from an average of 3-4g day to 1800-2000mg I lost 5 pounds in like 3 days. I subscribe to the philosophy that it effects everyone differently, some people can handle high amounts with no issues whatsoever, others not so much. I was surprised to learn I was so sensitive to sodium/retaining water weight. I guess I had been in denial, or in the past just didn't care.

64828737.jpg

• Like 6

9 hours ago, Brovatar Korra said:

I love how much you don't give a f#@k about sodium. I have recently discovered (despite what I previously thought) that I am quite sodium sensitive. When I cut my sodium on this new nutrition plan from an average of 3-4g day to 1800-2000mg I lost 5 pounds in like 3 days. I subscribe to the philosophy that it effects everyone differently, some people can handle high amounts with no issues whatsoever, others not so much. I was surprised to learn I was so sensitive to sodium/retaining water weight. I guess I had been in denial, or in the past just didn't care

I'm also super sodium sensitive! And it's super annoying! I really need to pay more attention to it, just for my sanity. 

9 hours ago, Brovatar Korra said:

I love how much you don't give a f#@k about sodium. I have recently discovered (despite what I previously thought) that I am quite sodium sensitive. When I cut my sodium on this new nutrition plan from an average of 3-4g day to 1800-2000mg I lost 5 pounds in like 3 days. I subscribe to the philosophy that it effects everyone differently, some people can handle high amounts with no issues whatsoever, others not so much. I was surprised to learn I was so sensitive to sodium/retaining water weight. I guess I had been in denial, or in the past just didn't care.

26 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

I'm also super sodium sensitive! And it's super annoying! I really need to pay more attention to it, just for my sanity. 

I have no idea how sodium sensitive I am because I have never tried cutting sodium because I have no idea how to cut sodium.  But at least what I put in bold gives me some idea what kind of result to expect if I am sodium sensitive.  If that is the case, then the only time I really need to worry about it is if I ever have to cut weight.  I should also note my day to day morning weight fluctuates a LOT!

My general thoughts on sodium:

The medikil industry's recommendation of 2300 mg regardless of daily calories is kind of ridiculous.  2300 mg of sodium in a 2000 calorie diet is not going to taste the same as 2300 mg of sodium in a 3500 calorie diet.  Granted.  People on a 3500 calorie maintenance diet do not exist in real life.

How about 1 mg per calorie instead?  At least that way I can look at a label and identify what is high in sodium.  One culprit is in a box and the box is low calories.  Also based on that, my mid-day count on MFP is about even in calories and sodium.  It is when I eat dinner that my sodium count spikes.

A lot of sodium can also indicate processed food and not natural food.  So when I finally eat more natural food, I will have to remember to add salt to taste.

I have a similar attitude about cholesterol.  Something, something, I'm getting older.  I remember when the medikil industry said eating eggs was bad and eating meat was bad.  It looks like NF might be with me on this one.

Words I have been hearing over the 17 years I have been living in this country:  Everything in your blood tests normal, except your cholesterol, which is sky high.

*shrug* cholesterol is overrated

I like the NF advice.  Level up the lifestyle and see what it looks like next year.

One of these years, I would love to figure out how to spike a cholesterol count into four-figure territory and make them wonder how I am still alive.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Sam Ashen said:

I have a similar attitude about cholesterol.  Something, something, I'm getting older.  I remember when the medikil industry said eating eggs was bad and eating meat was bad. It looks like NF might be with me on this one.

Words I have been hearing over the 17 years I have been living in this country:  Everything in your blood tests normal, except your cholesterol, which is sky high.

*shrug* cholesterol is overrated

I like the NF advice.  Level up the lifestyle and see what it looks like next year.

One of these years, I would love to figure out how to spike a cholesterol count into four-figure territory and make them wonder how I am still alive.

This is how I feel about cholesterol as well. Actually I have lowish cholesterol but moderate to high triglycerides and I have this conversation with my doctor every 6 months: 

him: I should put you on a statin because you are young and there is long-term benefit

me: I have low blood pressure and normal to low cholesterol and exercise. everyone in my family is obese and no one has diabetes or high blood pressure. i don't think I'm going to die from a heart attack. probably statins are worse for me than eggs. let's look at this again in 6 months. 

me: continues to eat bacon and eggs

6 months later.... repeat ad nauseum 

edited to add: actually I checked and last time my triglycerides were normal at 136 so maybe he'll stop asking me. We can probably thank lifting for this. 

Edited by Taddea Zhaan
edited for data
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, miss_marissa said:

Miss Broki? :panda:

Hey now, Sodium retains water which helps muscles retain size...  Therefore I declare sodium to be apart of the good side of my family.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Br0din said:

Hey now, Sodium retains water which helps muscles retain size...  Therefore I declare sodium to be apart of the good side of my family.

If only it would stick around just those tissues....

5 Days of Freedom!

Today was a rest day in anticipation of that snow storm that never was.  It missed me and went further south.  They were prediction 12 to 18 inches and we got nothing.  It was the third major storm forecast this season that never came to be.

Perhaps they are giving unreliable storm forecasts as a social experiment to find out how long we continue to listen to forecasts.

Indefinitely.  We will continue to listen to them indefinitely.  It works the same way with books predicting the next big crash.  There is such a book for every decade and they all explain with perfect logic why the next decade with bring hardship and how to survive.

I got home and made the rest of the tacos.  This time I remembered seasonings and sauce. :D

Score for Today:

3639 Calories

355 Carbs (300 to 420)

154 Fat (100 to 140)

222 Protein (160 minimum)

+7.6 Overall

Hitting the Broad Side of a Barn: 15/21 - Still a Weekend Warrior!

Average Score for Week 8:

3344 Calories

346 Carbs

132 Fat

195 Protein

.... Because.  Who cares about Sodium, right?

On 2/24/2017 at 9:02 AM, miss_marissa said:

Miss Broki? :panda:

On point! :lol:

On 2/24/2017 at 0:07 PM, Br0din said:

See?  Taking away my sodium and robbing me of my gains....

Today's Sodium count was....

8269 mg!

• Like 3

4 Days of Freedom!

Waiting for Spring, Week 7, Day 4

I had access to PR plates, so I used them to get closer to the exact percentages I was given in my programming.  Let's not discuss the fact that the clips weigh a little bit, too.

2 Hip Snatch + Push Press: 3x103, 3x112, 3x120.5 pounds

Low Hang Snatch: 2x112, 2x2x129, 2x145, Fx145, 1x146 pounds

The programming specifically says no misses, and I move on to the next exercise, but I was feeling defiant and decided to use my "Days of Freedom" to try another rep with one more pound.  I am probably going to hear about this, among other things.

Push Press from Jerk Stance: 3x117, 3x140, 3x152 pounds

Clean and Power Jerk: 2x152, 2x2x175.5, 3x1x199 pounds

Deficit Clean Pull: 3x199, 3x224, 3x3x264 pounds

Squats: 3x184, 3x224, 3x274, 1x294, 1x314+F, 3x294, 2x3x250 pounds

I believe I ran out of willpower to go through with the second rep - or just did not want to squat morning it.  I was feeling really pissy about it, too - and everybody who follows me on IG knows this!  The triple following the failed rep really, really sucked.

Standing Lunges: 4x20x134 pounds, superset with

Hollow Holds: 4x60 seconds - These were so terrible I should have just stuck with the 45 second holds.  The standing lunges also sucked.

I ran a little slow today.  The entire list, including the warm-up, took three hours.  Two and a half hours is more normal for this list.  Miss Broki believes this is because I take too long in my rest periods.

I don't crossfit!  Got it?  I don't crossfit!

I took it out at Chili's.  Even there, 3570 Calories in a single sitting is nowhere close to a PR for me.

Score for Today:

4855 Calories - BOOM!

439 Carbs (300 to 420)

260 Fat (100 to 140)

208 Protein

+11.6 Overall

Hitting the Broad Side of a Barn: 15/22

• Like 7