Primeval the Runaway

The Borg Queen

jon-bon-jovi-20070529-262721.jpg?w=240

Yes, yes that is Bon Jovi.Those muscles. That hair. The inspiration for this challenge.

Goal 1 Get faster

Continue 4 day/week outside (when possible), and add speed work on Tuesdays.

Goal 2 Eat Keto, Follow the Keto diet. Log in MFP

Goal 3 Meditate. 10 minutes, 5 days a week. I just need to get it done

Goal 4 Research business schools, apply to 1, and read "Lean In." Spend time with professional development on the weekends.

Extra Extra Challenging: Got a business trip the first week of March. Who knows what will happen then. 

• Like 1

Class and Profession: Level 23 Borg Queen 

Looks like you have some good goals for this challenge.

Just out of curiosity, why are you only planning to apply to one business school? I remember when I was applying to college (YEARS AGO) we were encouraged to apply to at least 3-4 just incase we didn't get in our first choice. What are you planning to do with your additional education?

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Scatterbunn said:

Looks like you have some good goals for this challenge.

Just out of curiosity, why are you only planning to apply to one business school? I remember when I was applying to college (YEARS AGO) we were encouraged to apply to at least 3-4 just incase we didn't get in our first choice. What are you planning to do with your additional education?

I think the goal is still to apply to several schools, but there is one I can apply to quickly and the rest of the apps will be slow. I just want to get myself started, so in line with NF tradition I am doing it step-wise. 

I've been debating business school for a few years, and it's recently become clear that getting an MBA would be the fastest way to get to where I want to be in my career. Also, this week I discussed it with my mentor/boss and she agreed, so it's happening. 

• Like 1

Did some speed work on Tuesday, I think that my goal with this will be to win segment awards according to strava. This Tuesday, I had 3rd fastest 1/2 mile (9:46/mi pace) and 2nd fastest 400 m (9:19/mi). Not too shabby! 2 runs complete this week and 2 more to go. It's been raining and I've had some late nights at work this week, however I think I can do it.

Sticking to the diet but I haven't done a good job of tracking because of meetings, etc. Tomorrow is a new day tho. 

At 4 days of meditating this week. I've been really stressed out and meditating is the perfect thing to do when I get home from work. 

Personal goal- started Lean In, and it's way more interesting and less dry than I thought it would be. Also, worked on business school research. Made a list of 3 programs I'm interested in, and got some questions answered about perception of different programs and what I can hope to get out of it. I feel good about progress on this goal. 

Three goals for the heart and one for brain, oh baby you give scouting a good name.

• Like 1

Level 20 Ferret Demon Scout

STR 43 | DEX 21 | STA 49 | CON 30 | WIS 45 | CHA 21

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Valeu a pena? Tudo vale a pena Se a alma não é pequena.

Hello btw - good to see you again!

• Like 1

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Ah. The Princess Diarist! That's on my english language TBR aswell. I take it you're enjoying it...?

Week 1 Results-

Goal 1- Running- A

Ran 4/4 days outside

Speed work on Tuesday, with results!

Goal 2 Follow the Keto diet, log in MFP- B

Follow Keto- A. Totally won this.

Log in to MFP and by extension stay within acceptable calorie range--- Missed 2 days of tracking and went off the rails several of those days, gorging myself of delicious keto food. Will need to try harder on calorie restriction this week, of maybe introduce a single "eat as much as you want" day. Done. It's Friday.

Goal 3 Meditate 10 min x 5. A

Found some new guided meditations that I like, and getting back in to some old ones that I still like. 

Goal 4 Research business schools, apply to 1, and read "Lean In." A

Made a list of schools I want to apply to and started the app for one. Took a crack at Lean In and it's not as bad as I thought it would be. 

Super good week one!

• Like 2

According to all tracking devices I have somehow already completed my running goal for the week, including speed work, and am almost done with meditation goal too. Basically just need to KCKO and apply to business school, then done.

Completely fucked up at work today. Went off at someone being stupid and ended up getting pissed on by one of the managers. I'm making this sound serious and dramatic but really it was all in fairly polite, but decisively disparaging language. Not my favorite thing to do at work. However, I have come to terms with having a personality type where I'm very diplomatic 95% of the time but every so often I am strongly compelled to tell someone what I really think, directly. Not easy being me!

Alright, home from work now. Even though I didn't get any talkings to, I still am feeling the fallout and effects of yesterday, beginning with my coworker intentionally intimidating me with her SUV this morning when I was on foot. As in, she slowly followed me as I was walking in the parking lot to work, then pulled in behind me when I walked into a space.

Could blow over. Might be a good idea to mention it to my manager. Might need to get Hr or even the cops involved. Really stressed out, not sure what to do at this point.

I just need to keep telling myself it's going to be okay, until it actually is okay.

And goals... Pretty tired so taking a rest day. Got former manager to agree to give me a reference. Eating the right things and logging. Absolutely should meditate for as long as possible this evening.

Things aren't great right now but I'm cautiously optimistic.

Found this and thought it was good. But is it true?

304f48b026c1b8528ac5979d08e0737d.jpg

14 hours ago, Primeval said:

Found this and thought it was good. But is it true?

If you take as your criterion of success "becoming president of the USA" then I would say it's almost the opposite of the truth.

• Like 1

On 2/25/2017 at 10:20 AM, Scatterbunn said:

Sorry to hear you're having problems with your coworker, I hope things work out soon. I would definitely mention it to someone if the intimidation continues, if for no other reason than to have a record if something happens later (really hope its not necessary).

Good Job on your other goals.

Thanks scatterbunn... Yeah, so much crap, ready for it to be over...

Week 2 Results-

Goal 1- Running- A

Ran 5/4 days outside

Speed work on Tuesday, ran like the wind!

Goal 2 Follow the Keto diet, log in MFP- A

Follow Keto- A. Done

Log in to MFP and by extension stay within acceptable calorie range--- Pretty much. 

Goal 3 Meditate 10 min x 5. A

Meditated like a fiend. Did a few 15s and a 25. Had a shitty week at work, so relied on this pretty heavily. 

Goal 4 Research business schools, apply to 1, and read "Lean In." A

Got a little further in the application process. Figured out 2/3 recs, and decided which program I would apply to. The goal for this coming week is to actually submit the application, now that I have the info I need.

Read more of Lean In. This week, I'll work through the first couple of chapters. Not sure at this point if it will be completely applicable to me, but maybe I will find some inspiration/tips. Will work on finishing it for the purposes of the goal. 

And, as a side goal this week- stay sane at work, take care of myself at the end of the day. Get acupuncture and spend time at sauna as necessary. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Primeval said:

Goal 2 Follow the Keto diet, log in MFP- A

Follow Keto- A. Done

Log in to MFP and by extension stay within acceptable calorie range--- Pretty much. 

Hugely impressed with your Keto. I struggle with low/moderate carb not so much because I love bread (though it is nice on occasion) but I'v just never bee a huge meat fan and it seems like so much of low carb is "meat meat and more meat" and by extension fat fat and more fat (I understand this is HUGELY over simplifying).  I WANT VEGGIES!! I WANT FRUIT!! I WANT MILK!! LOL, but seriously congratulations and good job, very impressive.

• Like 1

I didn't even know fiends meditated but I'm glad to hear you are taking a leaf out of their books. 

• Like 1