Veggie Chop-Off (Advanced Mini)

Miw_Sher

Veteran Rebels Mini-Challenge

Hi everyone and welcome to the first ever Veteran Rebel Mini-Challenge!

While traditionally the Rebel mini has been a step-by-step guide of how to challenge (yes), as things have changed and the Rebel Guild has become an all-Level encompassing place, we found that that started to become repetitive.

Therefore, for veteran rebels that have braved the forums for some time, and who wish to add flavour (literally) to their challenges, we have decided to whisk together a simple but fun Mini-Challenge for you.

Newcomers are of course welcome as well, but if it’s your first time using the NF Forums, we recommend you go through the challenge Tutorial [LINK] first as well as the Fruit Toss [LINK] mini challenge first to get a taste of the format.

For everyone else, the Rules of the Game are Simple:

1. This mini-challenge will run from 12/02 until 11/03 and is open to anyone who wishes to participate.  Just add your name to the sign-up sheet and join in, you may sign up at any time.     

2. Every Friday (to give you time to plan your weekend shopping), we will be announcing one vegetable of the week.

3. Your challenge is to use that vegetable in as many dishes as possible.

4. For each meal/dish/recipe you use that vegetable in (keyword is use, just coming up with the recipe doesn’t count) you get one point.

5. The Rebel with the most points at the end of the week wins!

6. You are welcome to post pictures.

Let us know if you are participating and don’t hesitate to ask any questions!

A Note on Mini-Challenges:     

• Mini-challenges are not mandatory, feel free to ignore this one if you don't want to participate.       

• Don't let mini-challenges hinder your own goals.     

• If you're not sure how to register something, post it here.

• If you get stuck, Rebels @IAmInfinite, @fleaball and myself (@Miw_Sher) will be happy to help you forward.

• Like 6

Goblin | Level 7 | STR: 4 | DEX: 2 | STA: 3 | CON: 3.5 | WIS: 8 | CHA: 2.5

Nerdfitness Character, Past challenges: 1 1 2 2 3 4 5 5 6, Current challenge (March 19 - April 15): click

Tough Mudder Ireland || Battle for Graduation || My Neverending Story (on hiatus)

Reporting for duty!

• Like 2

Level 69 Battle Kitten

Profile photo is ancient but I'm too lazy to change it. 

Battle Log | Current Challenge

MyFitnessPal | Fitbit | Duolingo

Ici je vis la vie que j'ai choisie

Je suis partie pour reconstruire ma vie

C'est dit, c'est ainsi

Week 12/01-18/02 Veggie:

Spoiler

broccoli-016.jpg

Rebel Recipes:
Miw-Sher: Orecchiette ai Broccoli sans Orecchiette

Severine: Roasted Broccoli

JasonACraft: Broccoli Protein Smoothie

Guzzi: Warm Salad of Broccoli, Lemons and Toasted Almonds

Bookish Badger: 5 Ingredient Broccoli Cheese Soup, Baked Broccoli with Eggs

Week 2 Veggie: TBA

Week 3 Veggie: TBA

Week 4 Veggie: TBA

Nerdfitness Character, Past challenges: 1 1 2 2 3 4 5 5 6, Current challenge (March 19 - April 15): click

Tough Mudder Ireland || Battle for Graduation || My Neverending Story (on hiatus)

Done.

• Like 3

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

That sounds like fun.

• Like 3

level 12 Hobbit Monk (respawned September 2016)
STR 4 | DEX 15 | CON 16 | STA 15 | WIS 33 | CHA 24 | Halfling | Newbie | Fencer and Bookworm

Introduction | Character | Daily Battle Log | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 67 | 8 | | 10 | 11 | 12# | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | #### | 17 | Current Challenge

Spoiler

I'm exercising, because I want to get my stamina and strength. I enjoy medieevil swordmanship,  Tai Chi, yoga, aikido and fire spinning. I'm also a roleplaying nerd and a book worm. Let's fight the procrastination dragon!

Done.

Oooooh thanks! Now I can go about spamming people about this. :)

Inviato dal mio SM-G930F utilizzando Tapatalk

• Like 1

I would love to join in on this one, forsrs. But because of the way that my current meal planning works out, combined with the fact I'm also feeding my Dad who can get crabby at times, I'm gonna have to pass on this one this time.

But I'll be reading along with interest!

Sent via telepathy. No. Really. Telepathy. Oh no wait. Tapatalk. My bad.

• Like 2

Fight your foes in the field, nor be burnt in your house.

I'm happy to see so much interest even before the spamming begins. ^^

8 hours ago, Mr.Six said:

Count me in!  >>>>>Creativity trophy anyone?<<<<< 

I'm happy to award one if it's a common request. :)

Ooooof, spamming is done. I remember my first times around wondering how on earth mods managed to keep track and post in every single challenge thread welcoming you to the rebellion and pointing you to your potential guild and so on... now I know. More than ever, I appreciate the posting stamina necessary to be a mod.

Anyhow, I will be posting the first vegetable tomorrow at noon! My timezone is GMT+1 so most of you should know in the morning. Australia folks I'm afraid you'll get it a little bit later. :(

Question - should I add some recipe ideas to go with the first veggie, as a way of easing in, or do you just want me to announce what you are cooking with and off you go? :D

• Like 2

Maybe we could have a recipe-sharing post, to give people who might be new to veggies some (delicious) ideas?  I like the idea of reading (and possibly stealing) other people's recipes. ;) 

• Like 4

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

I can collect the shared recipes in the reply with all the veggies as people share them. Would that work?

Inviato dal mio SM-G930F utilizzando Tapatalk

• Like 1

Definitely signing up for this challenge! 

• Like 1

2020 Battle Log

2017 - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 || 2018 - 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18

2019 - 19 | 20 | 21 | 21.5 | 22 2020 - 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Archived Mission Log

"Always remember, your focus determines your reality." - Qui-Gon Jinn, The Phantom Menace

"I Find That Answer Vague And Unconvincing." - K-2SO, Rogue One

Maybe we could have a recipe-sharing post, to give people who might be new to veggies some (delicious) ideas?  I like the idea of reading (and possibly stealing) other people's recipes. [emoji6] 

LOL

Baked, with butter and brown sugar

Sauteed, in butter, sprinkled with brown sugar

Grilled, with butter and brown sugar

Fried, in a butter-brown sugar crust

Raw, dipped in melted butter and brown sugar

Done!

• Like 3
25 minutes ago, JasonACraft said:

LOL

Baked, with butter and brown sugar

Sauteed, in butter, sprinkled with brown sugar

Grilled, with butter and brown sugar

Fried, in a butter-brown sugar crust

Raw, dipped in melted butter and brown sugar

Done!

If you add some balsamic vinegar or similar to the sauteed version, you actually get a lovely sweet-sour recipe. :) Excellent for carrots and mushrooms.

• Like 2