the perfect title for a thread of introduciness

Hi Everyone,

I gave up trying to think of an interesting title for my intro thread so please feel free to insert your own :)

My name's Nic, self confessed geek and lover of all things strange and quirky :) I'm from the UK but my job takes me all over the world. I stumbled across this site a few weeks ago and have been lurking and reading up on all the going-ons but I'm now being brave and saying hi (nervously from behind the sofa)

I used to be fairly fit but suffered a pretty bad chest injury which resulted in some fairly screwy psychological problems. bottom line, I stopped exercising (cause I was scared to), started comfort eating (cause I felt pants about not exercising) and put on a shedload of weight.

i'm now getting some help with my mental problems and have started to re-introduce activity into my life, I've really enjoyed reading the posts on here and I'm hoping I can get some virtual support as I continue to improve my lifestyle.

I'm really interested in weight training but have to be uber careful with what I do otherwise my chest muscles have an annoying habit of detaching themselves from my sternum which is kind of owy! so I'm looking for exercises that will help me very slowly build some strength back into them without pushing it too fast too quickly!

thanks for taking the time to read this, hopefully see you all soon on the boards

Nic

Welcome! We are all about support here :)

Also I want to introduce "pants" into my vocabulary to describe how I feel. I will try this out tomorrow.

That chest thing sounds....very owy. Grendelsfork had chest surgery and is now doing crazy beasty things...maybe you can get some info from that direction :)

Good luck getting help with the mental problems. THEY SUCK. :)

Level ? Half-Dwarf/Half-Amazon Warrior

STR:21.25 STA:15 DEX: 10.95 CON: 14 WIS:15.5 CHA:17

SWOLE BUCKS: 1

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Hi Guys

Thanks for the welcome :)

MirGSS - glad I could introduce you to a knew way of using a word, just be careful not to use pants to describe the quality of a product your testing when emailing your boss... who then sends it round to a global distribution of R&D which leads to a lot of confused questions (opps!)

I'll have a look for Grendelsfork posts/blogs and hopefully pick up some useful tips

Nic

Welcome aboard! That chest situation does sound rather unpleasant, but I'm sure you'll be able to improve it. What exactly do you do that lets you travel the world? Sounds like what I want to do, whatever it is...

Never think of pain or danger or enemies a moment longer than is necessary to fight them. -Ayn Rand

Amongst those less skilled you can see all this energy escaping through contorted faces, gritted teeth and tight shoulders that consume huge

amounts of effort but contribute nothing to achieving the task.

thanks Corbab,

I work for a multinational company visiting our sites making sure they are complying with our internal standards for chemical health and safety, I spend a lot of time in factories working 12 hour shifts so not the most glamorous of jobs, but I do get to experience a lot of different cultures.

I'm off to China for 3 weeks after Easter visiting 5 different plants

Nic