• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hi again NF artists,

I almost finished my paper and I'm really motivated on doing some more art this month. In fact I'll be posting some pictures of the stuff I drew today, when I remember to take a picture.

February is a little shorter so let's try to post 28 pieces of art. Not everybody has to draw 28 pieces, the numbers will add up. So let's work on this together.

I don't mind, what materials you want to use. In the spirit of the Loft it can be crafts, drawings, paintings, sculpting, traditional and digital art - And of course anything artsy I couldn't think of at the moment. Just have some fun and challenge yourself to do a little more art then last month. If you haven't done any art for months, but want to get back into the creative prozess, you're right here.

I'm going to mark this post for the guys and gals, who have been hanging around or have an artsy goal this challenge:

@erosan@BlackTezca@Starpuck@UnquietBones@MrsFeanor@Neeko@Kelliestrasza@StarRuby@Pyrorazor, @StarRuby, @Rosie's Riveter, @RedStone, @Tash, @Volki, @MiaulinTheCat, @Lord Pakku, the Unhinged; @kellie.eugenia, @Miw_Sher, @LivingDeadGirl, @KaitSith, @Arkham

edit: If anyone doesn't want to be marked every month, I'll take you from the list.

If you know anybody else, who could be intrested, just give them a call. Looking forward to seeing some lovely art. :applouse:

And there will be some artsy topics to chat about again this month. I'm trying to find some new stuff this time. This time for real or I should stop promising that. ;)

• Like 7

i have 5 projects from school that im finishing this month. this is the first one
my mother wanted a piece to remember a trip to Khutzeymateen to photograph grizzly bears.

this is one of her photographs, photoetched into silver, with cast silver twigs from my backyard.
the whole thing is either patinaed a graphite gray or high polished silver.... and my camera really seems to hate that combination, so the photo suffers. its also awaiting her to pick a chain to go with it so that it can be made a necklace.. so technically not finished, but its missing a solid 3 minutes of work on its back.
16681975_10154959284655768_3815732527514
not my style of jewellery, but my mother loves it.. and thats all that matters
except its not my style, and i just need everyone to know that

BUT HEY! i actually posted an art on the month that this thing is for! go me

• Like 4

Yay for art stuff!

I'm going to get working on some more things to share this time around.

I always love looking at the things other people do.

One thing I know I need to work on is not being my own worst critic. I feel like everything has to be so neat, precise, and perfect. I beat myself up so terribly if it's not. >_<

Woo, so excited to see everyone's art! ^-^

Here are a couple of things I sketched up recently for someone on another forum I frequent. They're this particular person's original characters, so I'm not really sure what the story behind them is. All I know is that they're demons of some sort, clearly. haha

15Y9pgR.pngOLqnYkC.png

• Like 5

20 hours ago, Lord Pakku, the Unhinged said:

i have 5 projects from school that im finishing this month. this is the first one
my mother wanted a piece to remember a trip to Khutzeymateen to photograph grizzly bears.

this is one of her photographs, photoetched into silver, with cast silver twigs from my backyard.
the whole thing is either patinaed a graphite gray or high polished silver.... and my camera really seems to hate that combination, so the photo suffers. its also awaiting her to pick a chain to go with it so that it can be made a necklace.. so technically not finished, but its missing a solid 3 minutes of work on its back.
16681975_10154959284655768_3815732527514
not my style of jewellery, but my mother loves it.. and thats all that matters
except its not my style, and i just need everyone to know that

BUT HEY! i actually posted an art on the month that this thing is for! go me

This is awesome!! I can't draw to save my life, and I've never worked with graphite or any similar materials - this is totally impressive to me. 

22 hours ago, Luciana Valerosa Culming said:

Hi again NF artists,

I almost finished my paper and I'm really motivated on doing some more art this month. In fact I'll be posting some pictures of the stuff I drew today, when I remember to take a picture.

February is a little shorter so let's try to post 28 pieces of art. Not everybody has to draw 28 pieces, the numbers will add up. So let's work on this together.

Today is Feb 9th, so I'm already behind.... whoops! How about a collaboration of some past creations I've made? 

Maybe phrasing it as something like, "Together we will try to post a combined amount of 28 pieces of art."

That makes it seem like more of a community thing, rather than everyone posting 28 pieces, and you can elaborate on it from there with a sentence like, "Feel free to share only 1 piece of art, or more, the choice is yours."

• Like 1

I think for this month at least, I'm an artist. I plan sketching out some stuff, working on some ideas and concepts. I just don't really know what I'm doing.

Here's one of the things I'm working on:

The one on the left I referenced a few different drawings and photos. The one on the right I was able to copy from a photo of a real gas mask with just one little change, and then added the hood. I think all together (including finding references) it took about 2 or 3 hours. Maybe a bit longer.

On 2/9/2017 at 0:09 PM, Luciana Valerosa Culming said:

Nobody is behind

a challenge!

i also made this today
16681681_10154964812170768_8125364556188
and i got my finger and someones feet in the way too. perfect!
i wouldnt call this art. it was more of a warmup piece that turned out perfectly symmetrical and cute, though too big to be the perfume bottle that i had hoped it would become

and heres a video that may or may not load.. more just screwing around in the hotshop (make sure audio is on)
https://www.facebook.com/patrick.osullivan.10/videos/10154964820300768/?l=7480078697646457184

whats a good way to post videos on here anyways?

• Like 2

@ArkhamI envy everybody who can draw poses. I'n really not good at drawing people. How long does such a sketch take you? And thank you for the suggestion.

@Lord Pakku, the Unhinged How are you going to put the chain on? We had to add another ring to my neglace to keep it from flipping often. That's an really intresting technique with the bear. I didn't know one could do something like this. Had to look it up.

about the perfume bottle: if a flower fits in you could still make it a small vase.

@zeroh13Did you plan a monochrome tattoo or something with shades? Have you tried letting the mask face slightly to the side? I think it may look a litle more like a beak than. But I like the idea. In the end it should have a gothik touch or more steampunk?

@KaitSithWelcome. Thanks for stopping by.

@NeekoThe more the merrier. =)

@Tash That's a pitty. You don't have time this challenge? Good luck with your current projects. I'm glad my latest paper is almost finished. I didn't find much time for art last month because of it.

• Like 1

At the moment I'm planning an adventure fore my roleplaying group. I haven't been the DM for a while, that's why I'm a little nervous. Has anybody ever drawn a map? I'm not sure how to do it or how much details I should add. I don't want to give to much away, but the map should have some kind of information. It'll be the plan of one of the houses they will be entering. *sigh*

46 minutes ago, Luciana Valerosa Culming said:

How are you going to put the chain on? We had to add another ring to my neglace to keep it from flipping often. That's an really intresting technique with the bear. I didn't know one could do something like this. Had to look it up.

about the perfume bottle: if a flower fits in you could still make it a small vase.

ill laser weld a ring onto the back where the two branches intersect. the chain will go through that
i have some other ideas for the vase. im setting up to electroform overtop of some more... good glass pieces, so this will become a test sample for electroforming.. which is another cool process if you want to look up
44994-janelle_2a.jpg (this isnt mine.. its about the best photo i could find of electroformed copper on the internet)

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Luciana Valerosa Culming said:

@ArkhamI envy everybody who can draw poses. I'n really not good at drawing people. How long does such a sketch take you? And thank you for the suggestion.

I'm actually really bad at poses, so I've been trying to practice super hard. That's how the drawing goal for my challenge came about. I really need to work on making people look more dynamic and lively. Plus, I'm really bad at drawing animals, so I might work on that a bit too, but people are my favorite things to draw. haha

And a sketch like that takes roughly 45 minutes, depending on the complexity of the character(s). I start out with a rough sketch (something like this), and then I move on to the types of sketches I posted here, which I call clean sketches. ^-^

17 hours ago, Luciana Valerosa Culming said:

@zeroh13Did you plan a monochrome tattoo or something with shades? Have you tried letting the mask face slightly to the side? I think it may look a litle more like a beak than. But I like the idea. In the end it should have a gothik touch or more steampunk?

It's going to be in color, though I don't know what tattoo style yet. It will have more of a goth vibe (or dark fairy tale, if that makes sense?). I like steampunk a lot, but I don't think it would fit enough for my taste. Plague doctors are more middle age and Renaissance, so I feel that fantasy would fit better. I might go for a bit of a crow motif.

Sorry guys I forgot to share this earlier >_<

Here is my new painted study, sharing here from my Instagram account ^_^ 

Everything else is very much In Progress right now, but I am happy to be able to share this acrylics on canvas piece with you.

• Like 4