Obstacle Racers, Assemble! [CLOSED]

Huh, after all that hype, I gotta say, I'm a little disappointed.

So OCRWC are doing their version of Worlds Toughest Mudder. It's not exactly revolutionary is it.

• Like 3

Current: Assassins / Instagram

Previous: 1, 234, 5, 678910, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44

2020 Races: 
CANCELLED! Spartan Trifecta: Beast: 18-APR / Super :11-JUL / Sprint: 12-JUL

Summer Nuts: 5/6-SEPT / Nuclear Blast: 12-SEPT / Nuclear team race: 04-OCT 

"You have the heart of a Rebel"

"I'll take that as a compliment"

5 minutes ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Well, you got the "takes place in Australia" part right at least. Haven't got sound at work to check out the video, but what exactly does a 24h enduro race mean?

The colours and the crown shaped like the Sydney Opera House should have been a dead give away really! Also, the giant "24" on one of the insta posts!

There's just background music on the video. From the OCRWC website:

The world-class course will span over ten kilometres of rugged Australian terrain, with participants completing 30 obstacles each lap, over a 24 hour period. Athletes will be able to compete in Pro, Age Group, or Team Relay divisions. Pro division athletes will be required to qualify for the event, while Age Group and Team Relay divisions are open to the public.

Previous: 1, 234, 5, 678910, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44

2020 Races: 

9 hours ago, Charlie_Quinn said:

Huh, after all that hype, I gotta say, I'm a little disappointed.

Same.

9 hours ago, Charlie_Quinn said:

So OCRWC are doing their version of Worlds Toughest Mudder. It's not exactly revolutionary is it.

I've heard good things about True Grit but yeah it's basically their version of WTM, and I'm not planning on that any time soon, and I could travel to WTM for cheap. As many laps as you can survive in 24 hours is not my thing, even without high temps that will probably only be around 10-15degC.

They said it took four years of planning to get to this stage with the Enduro Championships. I hope they're putting the same effort into a European event. I'd be surprised if they weren't, their Director of Athlete Services is a Transatlantic Mudstacle person...

• Like 1

Rebel Scum - Current Challenge - Battle Log - Epic Quest

So, not been following this thread for a while, but I could do with some advice from some of the OCR veterans on here. 

I have not run one OCR yet. But BreakPoint gives me a bad case of PEWS (Post Epic Withdrawal Symptoms) and I keep finding stuff I really want to do. So far, I have W.A.R in September as my first OCR... but then the madness hit and I found myself signing up to Nuclear Fallout in Brentwood. It's 7k, so I'm hopeful the distance won't prove too much. But it is in November. And, truth be told, I'm a little scared. How do you prepare for a winter OCR? Any gear or specific training recommendations? Thanks!

• Like 1

"What does your heart tell you?" - Aragorn

Epic Quest: In the Footsteps of the Dúnedain: Aragorn's Journey

Current Challenge:   https://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/120325-rhovaniel-stronger-wiser-healing/

Previous Challenges: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13 1415|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|2728

27 minutes ago, Rhovaniel said:

So, not been following this thread for a while, but I could do with some advice from some of the OCR veterans on here. 

I have not run one OCR yet. But BreakPoint gives me a bad case of PEWS (Post Epic Withdrawal Symptoms) and I keep finding stuff I really want to do. So far, I have W.A.R in September as my first OCR... but then the madness hit and I found myself signing up to Nuclear Fallout in Brentwood. It's 7k, so I'm hopeful the distance won't prove too much. But it is in November. And, truth be told, I'm a little scared. How do you prepare for a winter OCR? Any gear or specific training recommendations? Thanks!

I've not done a race that late in the year before as I really don't do well in the cold. But I've done early spring races that have been cold, and Neoprene is a lifesaver. I have a neoprene vest that I wear between my long sleeve base layer and my race T. If a vest isn't enough, then you're looking at wearing a shortie wetsuit under your running gear! Depending on how cold it is, you might need a neoprene hat and gloves too. Leggings and long sleeve tops that are made with Merino wool are also really good, but they are very expensive.

I believe the training centre at Nuclear (Wild Forest Gym) does cold water training sessions in the winter months.

• Like 2

2020 Races: 

19 minutes ago, Charlie_Quinn said:

I've not done a race that late in the year before as I really don't do well in the cold. But I've done early spring races that have been cold, and Neoprene is a lifesaver. I have a neoprene vest that I wear between my long sleeve base layer and my race T. If a vest isn't enough, then you're looking at wearing a shortie wetsuit under your running gear! Depending on how cold it is, you might need a neoprene hat and gloves too. Leggings and long sleeve tops that are made with Merino wool are also really good, but they are very expensive.

I believe the training centre at Nuclear (Wild Forest Gym) does cold water training sessions in the winter months.

Thanks! Yeah, I'm willing to invest in quality warm running gear, if they'll last me for races and other events to come. I'll have a look for some neoprene. And merino wool base layers!

• Like 1

"What does your heart tell you?" - Aragorn

Epic Quest: In the Footsteps of the Dúnedain: Aragorn's Journey

Current Challenge:   https://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/120325-rhovaniel-stronger-wiser-healing/

Previous Challenges: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13 1415|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|2728

22 hours ago, Rhovaniel said:

Thanks! Yeah, I'm willing to invest in quality warm running gear, if they'll last me for races and other events to come. I'll have a look for some neoprene. And merino wool base layers!

I've got a pair of Under Amour leggings that were really expensive but are oh so warm and have lasted for ages. It's worth paying a bit more for good quality gear. You are a braver person than I am. I stop doing OCR's around mid October as I just cannot handle the cold. I was borderline hypothermic at a race in early April last year and I never want to go through that ever again!

2020 Races: 

So this article is getting a bit of attention on some OCR Facebook groups this morning. Warning, it is the Daily Mail so I'll understand if you don't want to read it!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-4730102/Women-injured-Tough-Mudder-share-painful-tales.html

If you don't want to give this rag additional clicks, here's some choice quotes

These races might not be everyone’s idea of a great way to spend a weekend, yet a growing number of people are entering them. With names like Pain And Suffering, World War Run, Total Warrior and Ultra Beast, they’re aimed at a crowd desperate to prove how tough they are — and these days that includes women..

Thanks to gender equality in the workplace and constant messages of empowerment, many young women believe that whatever a man can do, they can do, too — including gruelling physical endurance feats.
More than a third of marathon runners in the UK are now female — and participation in the new obstacle races is seen, too, as showing you can ‘keep up with the boys’.

Gee, thanks feminism! ;)

Wow, just, wow. By the way, this trash was written by a woman.

Joint injuries are on the increase and female competitors are more at risk than men.
‘I’m seeing a lot more injuries from muddy obstacle races and similar sports than I did five years ago, mainly because they’re becoming a lot more popular,’ says consultant orthopaedic surgeon Ian McDermott. ‘But there is an increasing number of less fit and less conditioned people just “having a go” without realising just how demanding it’s going to be.
‘Women definitely need to be more careful. Generally, their knee ligaments are less protected and hence more vulnerable. Also, many women tend to have a slightly knock-kneed posture and internally rotated hips, which also puts strain on the knees

Don't forget ladies, you are a delicate little flower. Now get back to the kitchen and stop "trying to keep up with the boys" 

8af.jpg

• Like 8

2020 Races: 

2 hours ago, Charlie_Quinn said:

So this article is getting a bit of attention on some OCR Facebook groups this morning. Warning, it is the Daily Mail so I'll understand if you don't want to read it!

Umm-Yes-I-Have-A-Question.jpg

I know better than to read anything in the Daily Mail but, dude.

• Like 4

strava - myfitnesspal - Instagram

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

" Always aim for something stupidly crazy." - Charlie Quinn

2019 Races: Cliveden MTR 06/01 | Nuts Challenge 02/03 | Reading Half Marathon 17/03 | W.A.R 27/04 | RRDW 11/05 | Nuclear Oblivion 19/05 | Man vs Lakes 20/07 | Spartan Trifecta Weekend 05-06/10 | OCRWC 11-13/10

Current Challenge: First Steps

Previous Challenges: 12 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24

3 hours ago, Charlie_Quinn said:

Thanks to gender equality in the workplace and constant messages of empowerment, many young women believe that whatever a man can do, they can do, too — including gruelling physical endurance feats.

More than a third of marathon runners in the UK are now female — and participation in the new obstacle races is seen, too, as showing you can ‘keep up with the boys’.

Chicked.png

Keep up with the boys? Four of the ten fastest people on our team are women. I can't keep up with the majority of women I train with, and that's not just running. Most of the time I'm just trying to stay out of the way so I don't get trampled.

The only thing in that whole article that isn't just "Ermagerd, I don't know why these women think they have to be so badass":

...the strength of a woman’s ligaments is affected by their hormones and so this is affected by the menstrual cycle. Ligaments become more lax during the menstrual cycle, which means the knee is most probably more vulnerable to injury.’

And even that includes more opinion than fact. Source

Anecdotally - from now 40 races and counting - the vast majority of people I see injured on a course are males who are either not as young as they once were (like me) or not as in shape as they thought they were (like me), and the vast majority of "injuries" are just cramping or mild to moderate dehydration, of which the former is due to poor conditioning and the latter due to poor planning.

c3e8e7948f4d9054f4672a3bc28214ff.gif

Okay, this whole thing pissed me off enough to do a couple more quick Google searches and the alarm raised in the Daily Mail article just doesn't match the research findings, even when taking into consideration the electric shock obstacles at Tough Mudder (which I personally find to be stupid - you can't train to get better at being electrocuted).

Seriously...

landscape-1473162742-iron-man-tony-stark-marvel-eye-roll.gif

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Charlie_Quinn said:

Hehehe aren't we silly little things. 

(Thank you so much for including choice quotes and not adding to their click revenue. I like you.)

• Like 5

If it's not siesta or fiesta, I'm not interested. 

Profile picture credit : NF's resident super artist - NinjaKitten

3 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Is that supposed to be shameful? #SexismAlert

How about being ashamed by "The act of getting passed by any other athlete" ?

I'm sorry I wasn't more clear about this. I can see how someone would take it this way.

As I understand it, the term may have been started as a shaming thing by douche-bro "elite" athletes, but it's pretty much been claimed by some pretty badass women and has different connotations.

Personally, I've never used the term, because at any given race a woman is just one more person shouting "on your left" as they pass. Like I said, most of the time I'm just trying not to get trampled on the trail.

• Like 5

Race Review - Conquer the Gauntlet

Conquer the Gauntlet is a great smaller race series. They don't have an angel financier; every dime that is put into the race is paid for by registrations. The owner is involved in day-to-day race registrations. Obstacles are diabolical and unique and they even make standard stuff more challenging with little modification or decisions on how to place obstacles.

The course was four excellent miles, and even though Iowa isn't known for its terrain, they made great use of a creek and some short but steep and slippery hills. I had a great run even though I failed to complete a couple obstacles - the Slack Line ate me up, I failed to make the transition at Stairway to Heaven, and Pegatron was just a no-go. The final gauntlet was a series of five eight-foot walls, spaced about eight feet apart, followed by the monkey bars - 27 feet of ascending/descending monkey bars, some of which would spin as they were not welded in place. I fell off the third spinner.

I managed to finish in 1:23:35 - top 38% overall and 8 out of 15 in my age group for my second OCRWC qualifying time this year.

stairway01.jpgstairway02.jpg

climb.jpg

monkey.jpg

And that's when my day stopped being about me.

Many OCR series (not Spartan Race) are "mandatory obstacle completion" races for Pro and Competitive races. Racers wear a wristband that is removed by cutting it off if the racer cannot complete an obstacle. Lose your band and you're still in the race, but you can't qualify for the podium. This evens out the playing field so that people who just run really fast but aren't very good at the obstacles don't win by default. At Conquer the Gauntlet, pro wave racers are designated by wearing belts.

Josh is one of the original members of the North Star Spartans. He is an elite Obstacle Course Racer. He has competed at OCRWC each of the last three years and last year qualified in the Pro category. He is a certified Personal Trainer, a certified Spartan SGX Coach, the OCR Coordinator at Obstacle Academy, and my running coach.

18423690_995824073887588_418644526846716

That's him on the right. This is from the 2016 OCRWC Team competition. His face appears on social media and gets sent via email to thousands of people every week, marketing the sport.

Josh ran in the Pro Wave at CTG on Saturday, which had an 8 am gun time. Josh is flat-out fast, and skilled at obstacles. He taught me how to complete Stairway to Heaven.

I caught up to Josh at Pegatron. He had been there since before I had started the course. He saw me running up, and his head just dropped. Over the next ten minutes, I took two or three shots at what shall now be known as The Wall of the Damned before acknowledging that I had no shot at completing it. I had entered this race intending to put up an OCRWC Open Wave qualifying time; my intent was to give the obstacle a real shot, shrug my shoulders, and run off, knowing that any course delays would leave me short of my goal.

I dropped those pegs back in the bin and went back over to where Josh was standing, looking exasperated and defeated. I helped him stretch out his forearms, already pumped out from over 45 minutes of fighting to maintain his grip. I encouraged him on his next four attempts. Finally, he and I agreed that my encouragement wasn't helping and that he knew this race was a 10-month goal for me and to get going. My last words to him were "Finish this and come catch me." And I fully expected he would.

I finished the race and started looking for my people, as we had a couple dozen folks at the race. I met up with our other folks who had run the Pro wave. I started seeing people who had started 45 minutes to an hour behind me. We took a team picture. Still no Josh.

Finally, at after 11 a.m., we spotted him at Stairway to Heaven, which was barely halfway into the course. Several of us ran over to meet him. He had spent 2.5 hours at Pegatron before finally making it through with his belt.

josh01.jpg

He sounded defeated, but we surrounded him and encouraged him and refused to leave him. We wanted him to finish with that belt.

josh02.jpg

He spent a good fifteen minutes at Stairway to Heaven, every time falling off the top step.

josh03.jpg

josh04.jpg

His grip was shot. He was hungry and cold and wet and defeated and still he was not giving up. Finally, one of the guys convinced him to drop the belt. I felt horrible for him, but admitting the course had got the best of him was the only thing he could do at that point.

The next obstacle was only a few yards away. It was the rope climb. His grip was so shot, he even struggled to get on the rope, before finally gutting up and locking in his feet and climbing to the top.

josh05.jpg

One of our other elite racers threw off his finisher shirt and ran the rest of the course with him.

josh06.jpg

In the end, it took Josh - who runs a sub-14 minute 5k - four hours to run a four mile race. He finished last out of almost a thousand participants. His race - his unwillingness to quit until he physically could not keep going - ranks right up there with any of the gutsiest things I've ever witnessed.

Afterward,  Josh thanked several of us for being there with him when things were going so bad he wanted to quit, and pulling him out of what he called "a very dark place." The whole day made me remember how much difference a team can make in an individual sport.

• Like 7

Well done Eric. That course looked brutal, well done for completing it. 

Josh sounds like a true hero. There aren't may people that would keep going after having so many set backs. What an amazing feat of mental strength.

The band system is very divisive in this sport. Some people think it's the best way to make the course fair, but others prefer penalty loops. There was a big outcry after the UK champs when they ran a 2 band system and not a single female competitor finished with both bands, as they had made the rig at the end nearly impossible to complete (some of these were women that had competed in the worlds, so it's not like they weren't capable racers).

Personally, I think the way Toughest deal with obstacle failure is the best. They have penalty runs that are long so if you fail an obstacle you aren't at an advantage, even if you're a fast runner. But they also have "fast lanes" which are obstacles that are harder than the standard obstacle (for example, the rope climb is the standard obstacle and the fast lane is a salmon ladder). If you choose to do the slow lane, you have to do another obstacle like net crawls or a series of A frame cargo nets, and the fast lane gets to skip this.

• Like 1

2020 Races: 

Yeah! I finally found this group. Thank you @DarK_RaideR for sharing the link.

I'm running my first ocr ever this weekend, a Spartan Sprint, on Sunday in Glen Jean, WV. I'm from WV, and because I have four kids and two jobs (well, one career and one job) in addition to a list of other responsibilities, I don't get to travel much unless it's the entire family. So while a good ocr has been on my bucket list for a little while, it just hasn't been practical to travel with two little ones (my other two are teenagers).

But now, as if fate has thrown me a lifeline, Spartan has come to WV for the first time ever. I live about an hour and a half from Glen Jean. As soon as I heard about the race, I did some research about cost and was kind of bummed because it was beyond our current budget as a family. But I found out that I can volunteer and get one race for free.

So, I am working as a course marshal from 5:30am Sunday morning to 2:00 in the afternoon. Then I race at 3:00. So, if any of you will be there this weekend and you're racing Sunday, I'll be there to cheer you on...and make you do burpees if you screw up. :P

• Like 3

Who am I? -- My NF Character

Current Challenge: WolfDreamer Wakes the White Wolf

Past Challenges: 

Spoiler

Winter is ComingWolfen Strengthens His Heart, Body, Mind, and Spirit, Wolfen Becomes One of the PeopleWolfen Strengthens His ChakrasWolfen Welcomes Summer and Gets Primal, Soulcon and Spartan, Wolfen Develops Mental ToughnessWolfen Joins the Wander SocietySoulcon, Spartan, School, and Stranger ThingsWolfen Becomes a Warrior EliteWolfen Goes Here and There and Back AgainWolfen Becomes a Soulcon Warrior EliteWolfen Returns to His RootsWolfen Wanders in Soul, Spirit, and BodyWolfen Owns the DayWolfen Searches for His Wild Heart, Wolfen Runs for His LifeWolfen Hits the TrailsWolfen Becomes an Explorer and Joins the ResistanceWolfen Goes Back to the SourceWolfen Begins the Hero's JourneyWolfDreamer Returns to the People,  WolfDreamer Pushes BackWolfDreamer PrioritizesBurpees, Books, and BrainworkBurpees, Books, Brainwork, and BodyworkWolfDreamer Masters the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Continues to Master the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Returns to SpartaWolfDreamer Returns to Middle EarthWolfDreamer Continues His Middle Earth AdventureWolfDreamer and the FallWolfDreamer Forges His Own PathWolfDreamer Has HopeWolfDreamer Returns to Middle EarthWolfDreamer Reads Harder, Breathes Harder, and Journals MoreWolfDreamer Embraces His Wild PoetThe Mad Poet Becomes SupernaturalWolfDreamer, The Mad Poet, Becomes SuperhumanWolfDreamer ElevatesWolfDreamer Becomes IronBorn

I'd rather sing one wild song and burst my heart with it, than live a thousand years watching my digestion and being afraid of the wet.” -- Jack London

“I wanted movement and not a calm course of existence. I wanted excitement and danger and the chance to sacrifice myself for my love.” -- Leo Tolstoy

"I feel love rising in my chest again
Rising like a burning sun into the day..." -- Gungor, "Hurricane"

"...wherever the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom." 2 Corinthians 3:17b

On 8/8/2017 at 0:50 PM, EricMN said:

His race - his unwillingness to quit until he physically could not keep going - ranks right up there with any of the gutsiest things I've ever witnessed.

Dude, this is so powerful. Thanks for sharing.

Past Challenges: 

Spoiler

Winter is ComingWolfen Strengthens His Heart, Body, Mind, and Spirit, Wolfen Becomes One of the PeopleWolfen Strengthens His ChakrasWolfen Welcomes Summer and Gets Primal, Soulcon and Spartan, Wolfen Develops Mental ToughnessWolfen Joins the Wander SocietySoulcon, Spartan, School, and Stranger ThingsWolfen Becomes a Warrior EliteWolfen Goes Here and There and Back AgainWolfen Becomes a Soulcon Warrior EliteWolfen Returns to His RootsWolfen Wanders in Soul, Spirit, and BodyWolfen Owns the DayWolfen Searches for His Wild Heart, Wolfen Runs for His LifeWolfen Hits the TrailsWolfen Becomes an Explorer and Joins the ResistanceWolfen Goes Back to the SourceWolfen Begins the Hero's JourneyWolfDreamer Returns to the People,  WolfDreamer Pushes BackWolfDreamer PrioritizesBurpees, Books, and BrainworkBurpees, Books, Brainwork, and BodyworkWolfDreamer Masters the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Continues to Master the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Returns to SpartaWolfDreamer Returns to Middle EarthWolfDreamer Continues His Middle Earth AdventureWolfDreamer and the FallWolfDreamer Forges His Own PathWolfDreamer Has HopeWolfDreamer Returns to Middle EarthWolfDreamer Reads Harder, Breathes Harder, and Journals MoreWolfDreamer Embraces His Wild PoetThe Mad Poet Becomes SupernaturalWolfDreamer, The Mad Poet, Becomes SuperhumanWolfDreamer ElevatesWolfDreamer Becomes IronBorn

I'd rather sing one wild song and burst my heart with it, than live a thousand years watching my digestion and being afraid of the wet.” -- Jack London

“I wanted movement and not a calm course of existence. I wanted excitement and danger and the chance to sacrifice myself for my love.” -- Leo Tolstoy

Well...crap.

Guess I won't be racing this time. I registered to volunteer as a course marshal and just received an email at 11:00 this morning that there is a mandatory training tomorrow afternoon. I can't leave work early enough to get there in time. Plus, my daughter, who is a high school senior, will be twirling baton at the first football game of the season tomorrow evening.

Maybe it's for the best. My wife has also been complaining of wrist and upper arm pain all week, and today it was so severe that she was in tears. She's worried it might be cubital tunnel syndrome, which requires surgery. But she's stubborn and won't go to the doctor (mostly because she's very busy, and she's worried the diagnosis will be exactly as she fears).

*Sigh* Guess there's always next year. Maybe I'll bust my ass and train to do the entire Trifecta in a weekend next year like @Sylvaa.

• Sad 3

Past Challenges: 

Spoiler

5 hours ago, Wolfen said:

Well...crap.

Guess I won't be racing this time. I registered to volunteer as a course marshal and just received an email at 11:00 this morning that there is a mandatory training tomorrow afternoon. I can't leave work early enough to get there in time. Plus, my daughter, who is a high school senior, will be twirling baton at the first football game of the season tomorrow evening.

Maybe it's for the best. My wife has also been complaining of wrist and upper arm pain all week, and today it was so severe that she was in tears. She's worried it might be cubital tunnel syndrome, which requires surgery. But she's stubborn and won't go to the doctor (mostly because she's very busy, and she's worried the diagnosis will be exactly as she fears).

*Sigh* Guess there's always next year. Maybe I'll bust my ass and train to do the entire Trifecta in a weekend next year like @Sylvaa.

That sucks, I'm sorry to hear that. I can understand them doing mandatory training for volunteers, but running it on a weekday is dumb. Hopefully the event is a success and Spartan come back to WV next year.

• Like 2

2020 Races: 

Hey all, I've got a shoe question for you. I currently have a pair of Reebok OCR shoes that slice into the arches of my feet after a few miles, so I've got to trash them. I'd like to replace them with a pair of Inov-8s instead, so I'm trying to decide which kind to get. Right now I'm torn between a pair of X-Claws and a pair of Roclites. The X-Claws are clearly better designed for OCRs, but I've tried on Roclites that were comfortable and also I can get a pair of them for about half the price. And they do have some grip, so I think they might still be ok for races?

What do you think? Spring for the X-Claws or go with the Roclites?

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 49

2022 challenges:  49 (current)

2015-2021 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | | 46 | 4748 ||

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

Went on a hike with the little ones yesterday. Arabella (5), who has sensory processing disorder, carried rocks and small logs, climbed over fallen trees, and crawled and rolled through sand. She says she wants to do the Spartan race with Daddy next year. Gracelynn (6), who gets tired quickly and struggles with things like balance, kept wanting to run ahead and be the leader, but she made it to the top of the mountain and back down and would also stop to spot bright colored leaves or watch for small critters or birds. Think I might be training the next generation of ocr racers? :P

• Like 5

Past Challenges: 

Spoiler