noxiousGnome basics 102

noxiousGnome

Last challenge certainly solidified what I already knew. However that does not deter me from improving myself. So this challenge is going to be a continuation of a previous goal from last challenge and a new one (as they are related)

To fuel one's better you need to eat and drink health... Well Healthier than one has been. My issue is I can never seem to eat correctly... I am bad with estimating things and I am not going to use a scale at work, just looks weird at work. So I am going to try a different tactic this time. My wife bought me the Perfect Portion set from work for fairly cheap and it seems to be effective minus a few small issues that don't exactly affect the purpose of the system.

According to their guide thing I am suppose to eat the following numbers:

Veggies - 7 servings 

Fruits - 6 servings

Proteins - 5 servings

Carbs - 1 Serving

Healthy Fats - 1 Serving

Seeds/Dressings - 5 Servings

Tablespoons (Nut Butters and Oils) - 7 Servings

Those numbers equal roughly what they conclude as my Daily Caloric Goal. So I am going to see how well it works. I was originally going to start today and I had prepped well, but I think this weekend will better allow me to prepare properly for the week ahead and so I will officially start on the 13th.

And water. I have been drinking liquids, but lately no matter what liquid it is besides water I have been awfully thirsty... Water seems to be my only liquid now... But I have not been consistently consuming the gallon from last challenge... SO! Let's get that started again as well. This will be started up again tomorrow. I have 2 33.8 water bottles I fill up. I have to drink 4 of them a day. I average about 2.5 and 3.5.

I already have a rough idea of how to break up the portioning to improve my chances. Fruits, Veggies, Proteins, the Healthy Fats, and Nut Butters/Oils to start the day (I can get 1 of each of those taken care of easily), I can easily double up on servings of Fruits, Veggies, and Proteins for lunch, and Dinner/Snacks can easily fill the rest out. 

This time I will be tracking! Per Day and also Over all Challenge.

Templates:

Week # Day #

Veggies: #/7

Fruits: #/6

Proteins: #/5

Carbs: #/1

Healthy Fats: #/1

Seeds/Dressings: #/5

Tablespoons (Nut Butters and Oils): #/7

Water: #/4

Gnomish Superhero-In-Training S3|D3|S1|C3|W4.75|CH3

Gnomish Trials and Tribulations

1|2(a)|3|4
Gnomes Have Epic Quests Too! This gets updated as things get finished or I add more =D

On 2/9/2017 at 6:25 AM, noxiousGnome said:

It is lunch here so my update so far

Week # Day #

Veggies: 2/7

Fruits: 2/6

Proteins: 2/5

Carbs: #/1

Healthy Fats: #/1

Seeds/Dressings: #/5

Tablespoons (Nut Butters and Oils): #/7

Water: 1/4

1|2(a)|3|4
Gnomes Have Epic Quests Too! This gets updated as things get finished or I add more =D

no idea. lol

I made some adjustments already. Here is what I found. That first day was tough, not easy to get all my portions in and certainly not easy to prep. So I am changing my challenge to the following:

Water 4/4 a day (this part stays)

Walk 6k+ steps a day (I work a very stationary job)

1|2(a)|3|4

Hi Noxious,

Good to see another familiar face in here. Good work on adjusting the goal to fit the facts.

Level 20 Ferret Demon Scout

STR 43 | DEX 21 | STA 49 | CON 30 | WIS 45 | CHA 21

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

Valeu a pena? Tudo vale a pena Se a alma não é pequena.

wow  a whole week.

Run down: I average 7k steps a day, a day ranges from 2.5k steps to 9+k steps

I have only drank 1 gallon of water so far...

UPDATE: 23:44 CST

Friday before I left work I did my 1x1 with my tech lead at work. He noticed the same things I have been noticing more and more. Mostly that I am easily distracted. Now I know I do a bunch of multitasking, I also suffer from ADHD and Tourette's so I am not saying it is entirely multitasking, I am literally just easy to distract. I am working on things to improve that. I am going to go into our planning session with a plan, on Tuesday when we get back into the office I am going to start tackling things differently.

I plan on getting some earplugs from my wife's work and using them at the office to eliminate/reduce the sound distractions. I got a 'Programmer at Work' sign that looks like a caution sign at my desk, I am going to start using that as well, gotta figure out HOW to get it at a place people can see and acknowledge it. I wouldn't say my desk itself is a mess, I bought a mount for my two monitors so they are suspended ABOVE the desk itself so that gives me more room to place my laptop and keyboard and mouse and use them, same goes with my notebook I use for taking notes and making reminders for work only. 

This notebook is an important tool for me. I date each page, number them, and then write down notes and things that need to be done. As I complete things I cross them off and move on, at the end of the day I mark the unfinished ones on the next free page, date and mark that page, fold over the previous page if both sides are used and move on.

I have been working on keeping my cabinet drawers cleaned out, still need some work there but I am making SOME progress (Note: I am not filling them with junk) With the raised monitors I have been able to move my phone closer to my reach, I also was able to raise my chair to a position that is far more comfortable on my body as a whole.

I will have a lot of work to accomplish on getting to the point where I am super productive and not distracted but I am taking it one step at a time. I plan to try and get 10 to 15 minute walk breaks M-F while working so I can just get away from my work and not think about it. Clear out my mind and keep moving. I think it helps with distractions and such.Plus hydration and sleep. Sleep is hard though.

I got a new fitbit recently (It is the Alta) I enjoy the features it has and I rarely look at it, but it is there. It buzzes 10 minutes before the hour is over to get moving and take 250 steps. Friday I accomplished 14 hours (the max level of hours allowed) I felt good. I am still working on getting better nutrition too (it helps me from not feeling tired at middle of my shift.)

Well I am off for now. Night guys

• Like 1

1|2(a)|3|4

I was actually looking at a set of those originally instead of the BOSE or the other brand that was brought up that were insanely expensive (Beats I think it was). They aren't badly priced but I went with the cheapest route around. Earplugs lol

• Like 1

1|2(a)|3|4

8 minutes ago, noxiousGnome said:

I was actually looking at a set of those originally instead of the BOSE or the other brand that was brought up that were insanely expensive (Beats I think it was). They aren't badly priced but I went with the cheapest route around. Earplugs lol

The Bose actually work. These Sony ones just work okay... They seem to serve as a visual indicator that "I'm working," more than anything.

Class and Profession: Level 23 Borg Queen 

What is it you like about the fit bit?i got one for Christmas but I have a sort of instinctive mistrust of gadgets that boss me about. Apart from my phone, I mean, so I haven't taken it out of the box yet. Is it worth making the effort to weird the scissors, would you say? 

I'm with Prime when it comes to headphones as a signifier for "Go away, I'm thinking". I also have a cup that says "Go away, I'm thinking". If you are easily distracted and want to avoid lyrics you could try a white noise generator like "Rainy Cafe" (http://rainycafe.com). The bonus is its fairly unontrusive sound so you can get away with less fancy headphones and less noise cancellation. 

Challenges: #1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21 #22 #23 #24 #25

Instagram | Wordpress | Twitter | Linkedin | Goodreads | Facebook: *spits* I despise facebook!

I like the idea that it tracks the small things I otherwise can't such as sleep or the number of steps I take in a day. I use it as a tool to measure my water intake (something I don't do well on my own). The reminder to get up is great because it reminds me I need to get up and walk away from my work for a few minutes. Even if it is just to go to the bathroom. One of my pitfalls is if I get hyper focused on a task to actually get up and move around some. 

1|2(a)|3|4

Hm... Maybe I'll try it. I don't know though - I prefer to be a free range runner and just run without needing to measure everything but maybe I'll see what the fuss is about. Did you read the David Sedaris piece about them? ( http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2014/06/30/stepping-out-3

• Like 1

Today was an... Eh day. I had an all day meeting so I wasn't able to get up as much as I wanted to and walk around. Tomorrow is another day though so -shrugs-

I walked 5.8k steps

67.6 (2/4 bottles of water) if I drink more I will let update this.

Tomorrow I gotta be up stupidly early, so it is gonna be really damn long day. But I should be better able to get ALL the water and steps

• Like 1

1|2(a)|3|4

Another person up stupidly early! As a fellow victim of the alarm clock, allow me to exhort you to do all the steps and the water-chugging. Pro-tip: you can do both at the same time! 

16 hours ago, Scatterbunn said:

Only attempt this if you are more coordinated than me, I would end up soaking myself or tripping over something (probably my own feet) and have to make up a better sounding story to tell the people in the ER. :lol:

I think you have a drinking problem.

airplane-drinking-problem-o.gif

• Like 1

My Battle Log 

I'm on Strava for my running now.

Check out Kick! too.  You unlock gear with your progress on Strava.