22 hours ago, SpecialSundae said:

The moment I realised I was going to lock out the 142.5kg deadlift:

Such an epic photo!

Current Challenge

# 39#38 | #37 | #36 | #35 |#34 | #33 | #32 | #31 | #30#29#28#27#26#25 | # 24 | #23#22#21 | #20 | #19 | #18 | #17#16#15#14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10#9#8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2#1 | Battle Log

Instagram | Goodreads

9 hours ago, Juni0r83 said:

So I really feel that this is now warranted:

giphy.gif

raw

Just wish I'd actually got that Best Lifter! :( I'm alright with it but I know it was there.

I'm doing my best to just focus on being as awesome as I can even if I'm never going to be Best Lifter or the poster girl.

Felt really, really tired yesterday and was still off the reservation on my diet but I'm back on it today with a vengeance.

• Like 1
On ‎09‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 0:50 PM, SpecialSundae said:

Trainspotting-Ewan-McGregor.jpg

Given the new movie is out and I walk through the streets in which its set every blinking day, figured it was time for a Trainspotting challenge... Plus an excuse for a lot of Ewan McGregor pictures (Kevin McKidd and Jonny Lee Miller are also acceptable).

I've got just over a week until my first comp of the year and I'm currently recovering from a nasty hip flexor strain, so lots to talk about.

Choose Lifting

Trainspotting-2.jpg

I'm training four days a week with just a couple of sessions off for the comp. I'm doing okay-ish with hitting the heavy singles but the volume is intimidating at the moment. Currently sitting on the couch with epic DOMS after sessions Tuesday and Wednesday.

Anyway, the goal is two-part.

1. Don't psych myself out of lifting weights because I think they feel tough when the video shows they're moving fast.

2. Do my fucking accessories

Basic training week structure is generally Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday (or similar) with the current programme looking like this:

• Day one - comp squat and bench plus accessories
  • Day two - comp deadlift and bench variation plus accessories
  • Day three - squat variation and comp bench plus accessories
  • Day four - deadlift variation and bench variation plus accessories

I often split off the accessories into a separate session if I finish late. For comp lifts, I work up to a heavy single (RPE8) then volume, variations I work up to reps at RPE8 (varying numbers) then back off sets. 

Choose meat and veg and eggs

Robert-Carlyle-Jonny-Lee-Miller-and-Ewan

I'm not going paleo or any such thing but I've signed up to Avatar Nutrition so I'm trying really hard to hit my numbers. I won't do so on the day of the comp, but will try to hit my numbers. They may change each week so this week's is: 1971 calories, 213g carbs, 55g fat, 156g protein. That'll get updated next Wednesday.

My goal is to get down to c.61-62kg then reverse diet so I can stop having to stress about making weight and be a bit leaner. 

Choose life

00528FA000000578-3517333-Reunited_Johnny

Given I have a tendency to sink into lifting obsession, I need to do other stuff too.

• I took up skating again at the beginning of January so I'll aim to make it to skating once a week other than next week. 
  • Do at least one 60 minute session of yoga. I haven't done any in ages.
  • Play Zelda on my SNES. :) 
  • Play some more World of Final Fantasy.
  • Take Grant out for brunch at least once. 
  • Go and see T2 Trainspotting.

So I've done my usual challenge thing of completely forgetting my actual challenge and just rambling along.

Choose Lifting

I'm back to it tonight and will try not to leave myself in the situation where I have to skip accessories because I've run out of time.

Choose meat and veg and eggs

I'm back on the sensible eating after two days of If It Fits Your Mouth. Today's eating kinda looks like this:

• Breakfast - Coffee with hazelnut milk, oat bar, Grenade bar (will get back to the omelettes soon)
  • Lunch - Tikka chicken bites, ready-cooked rice pack, probably some veg
  • Pre-workout - Tall soy caramel latte
  • Dinner - Slow-cooked shin of beef with stir fried mushrooms, tofu and vegetables and basmati rice

Choose Life

I had fine intentions of going to the movies last night but was so knackered that we wound up eating nachos and watching RuPaul's Drag Race on the couch. I don't regret it! Got a few things planned for this week:

• I'm going to a Pilates class over lunchtime today
  • I've got a yin yoga class booked for Thursday evening
  • I'm meeting up with a fellow lifter on Saturday to lift and have fun
  • I've got a reformer Pilates taster class on Saturday (after social lifting stuff)
  • I'm back to my skating lessons on Sunday morning
  • I'm going to a friend's ice hockey match on Sunday evening (my first ever)

I think that's a good list.

• Like 3

So as anyone reading may have been able to tell, I've been having a bad day.

Had a fairly decent training session last night. Went to a smaller, totally powerlifting-focused, gym last night where I'm considering training regularly going forward.

Sumo (3ct to knee, 2ct pause, 3ct eccentric): 70kg x3x6

Squats:

(20kg x5)

(50kg x5)

(80kg x3)

(100kg x2)

(115kg x1)

(122.5kg x1)

127.5kg x1 RPE 8.5/9

105kg x6x6

Had a bit of a faff around with my belts because I realised I was getting precisely nothing from my lever because it was too loose but the next hole in is too tight.

Bench:

(20kg x5)

(40kg x5)

(60kg x3)

(70kg x1)

(75kg x1)

80kg x1 RPE 8.5 (because I'm an idiot)

The good bench is packed away for competitions at the moment so benching on a narrower one and got my set-up totally wrong so arse was flying and everything felt hard. I'll go back soon when the comp bench is back and that will be better. I really want to get used to benching on the right bench because change of bench seems to make a big difference to me.

Didn't do accessories because it was already 15 minutes past closing by the time I was done and the owner had been nice enough to stay late

• Like 1
On 2/21/2017 at 3:45 AM, SpecialSundae said:

Just wish I'd actually got that Best Lifter! :( I'm alright with it but I know it was there.

I'm doing my best to just focus on being as awesome as I can even if I'm never going to be Best Lifter or the poster girl.

Take the damn compliment and say thank you.

Lesson #1 in getting over this:

3 hours ago, SpecialSundae said:

73276267.jpg0559512d6fcd7b527085a84f4671542f.jpgself-hate.jpg

• Like 1

Current Challenge

# 39#38 | #37 | #36 | #35 |#34 | #33 | #32 | #31 | #30#29#28#27#26#25 | # 24 | #23#22#21 | #20 | #19 | #18 | #17#16#15#14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10#9#8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2#1 | Battle Log

Instagram | Goodreads

Whatcha gonna do with all that junk
All that junk inside your trunk

I'ma get get get get you drunk
Get you love drunk off my hump
My hump my hump my hump my hump my hump

• Like 3

Okay, so I'm feeling a lot more positive today. I didn't have to face the person who sent me the horrible email yesterday last night, although I will at some point. I need to move on from the mess that was last year's training. I'm doing things now that I genuinely didn't think I could and I'm feeling a lot more confident in the gym so I really need to stop stewing over what happened and my perception of events.

I went into training last night feeling AWFUL. Like properly want to curl up and cry and not lift anything awful. I think the relief of not having to deal with things I didn't want to helped, but (despite a ropey warm-up) the "heavy" deadlift single at 130kg was pretty easy and the main challenge of the 6x6 at 107.5kg was that my ribs were still feeling really bruised from the night before.

Oh yeah, in all my misery yesterday I forgot to cover that! I realised that my blue and pink belt is now too big on what used to be the "competition day" holes (i.e. as small as I'd wear it) so I took it in to the next holes down... and it absolutely killed me. It's the right size-ish but feels kind of brutal (possibly because I now have less padding between the belt and my ribs than I used to).

So yeah, feeling black and blue hence using my gold belt last night (probably about 0.5" bigger on the holes I was using and a bit more rounded).

Double pause bench was... okay. My shoulders were slipping everywhere because the bench sucks and I forgot to chalk the bench as well as my shoulders until the last set or two.

Skipped accessories so planning to go and do them after work before I go to the yin yoga class (unless husband does decide he'd rather I didn't do it).

Did upload the full session to YouTube for once but it's boring so here's the deadlift.

And yes, I'm doing total full kit wanker!

• Like 4
3 hours ago, SpecialSundae said:

Okay, so I'm feeling a lot more positive today. I didn't have to face the person who sent me the horrible email yesterday last night, although I will at some point. I need to move on from the mess that was last year's training. I'm doing things now that I genuinely didn't think I could and I'm feeling a lot more confident in the gym so I really need to stop stewing over what happened and my perception of events.

Love hearing this. You're a day to day beast, killing it on the regular. Don't you dare forget it! ;) <3 <3 <3

gl3vFZnl.png

• Like 2

So I've totally failed to do accessories for a couple of weeks and I'm kind of paying for it. Upper back is kinda fried (lower back too, but that was expected). Taking the weekend off lifting and went to a reformer Pilates class. I was shocked at how easy it was, after years of being told it was the hardest of hard-core. 

Had some awesome pancakes this morning, though!

• Like 1

I also realised that I've been very bitter and angry and I'm only making life harder for myself.

I try really hard with people and then lash out when I feel that they've let me down or given up on me and then beat myself up for not being worth their time. It's a vicious cycle and it happens over and over. I don't think I'm a horrible person but I'm very socially awkward and don't really pick up on social cues that I sometimes should.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, SpecialSundae said:

I also realised that I've been very bitter and angry and I'm only making life harder for myself.

I try really hard with people and then lash out when I feel that they've let me down or given up on me and then beat myself up for not being worth their time. It's a vicious cycle and it happens over and over. I don't think I'm a horrible person but I'm very socially awkward and don't really pick up on social cues that I sometimes should.

Hey you. You are absolutely not a horrible person. By no means, not even a little. If anything, I want you to see what I see!  If there's a cycle in your life that's making you unhappy, working through it is an incredibly great thing to do for yourself. Because you deserve it. You deserve to not let shit heads or weird circumstances derail what could be a happy day. Them being shit heads should be their problem, not yours <3

(And FWIW I think most of us are guilty of putting ourselves through the ringer of expectation vs self worth, so if it's any comfort you are far from alone. I know it's a constant battle for me! Also social awkwardness? Role call nerds! We all have different flavors from one to the next, but we got em ;) Trust. We get you.) 

f285548.gif

• Like 2
1 hour ago, SpecialSundae said:

I'm very socially awkward and don't really pick up on social cues that I sometimes should.

Right there with you on this one...

Dwarf Warrior
I am today what I made myself yesterday, I will be tomorrow what I make of myself today.

Current challenge: Juni0r83 works on his Schedule-Fu

Previous challenge: Juni0r83 re-evaluates and refocuses

7 hours ago, SpecialSundae said:

I'm very socially awkward and don't really pick up on social cues that I sometimes should.

6 hours ago, Juni0r83 said:

Right there with you on this one...

5 hours ago, AugustaAdaByron said:

You know, I used to be socially awkward...

Regarding the very socially awkward part.....  Checking in.  It is a label I have been assigned.  After thinking about it for a while....

1356890655-sometimes-those-who-dont-soci

I have been told a couple of times I am very difficult to connect with.  News Flash:  Maybe I just *don't* want to connect with those people.  Example from New Year's Eve Party:

You know, you are very difficult to connect with.

I'm really sorry.  I just don't feel like connecting with you.

7 hours ago, SpecialSundae said:

and don't really pick up on social cues that I sometimes should.

And in the above conversation I just related - Who was the one having trouble picking up on social cues?  It looks like I just had to spell it out bluntly for the other person.  The social cues missed were very general, evasive, and conversation-killing answers to questions.

So maybe I am not as socially awkward as some of my friends make me out to be.  More often than not, I do not like socializing and feel very much out of my element when forced to socialize.  And maybe I understand social cues better than I let on - but simply ignore them in an effort to force the other party to spell it out.

7 hours ago, RedStone said:

Hey you. You are absolutely not a horrible person. By no means, not even a little.

I respect SS for being blunt.  There is no nonsense in her answers.

• Like 4

Classless Human Male Warrior - Introduction

Height: 1.77m Weight: 93 kg

Spoiler

Current Maxes: (repsxkg)

Squat: 10x122.3, 5x138.2, 3x147; 1x170

Bench Press: 10x79, 5x93, 1x102

Deadlift: 10x152, 5x192, 3x210, 1x229

Overhead Press: 10x52, 5x61, 1x70.3

Current Battle Log: 1707 Sam Ashen Summer Swole Program

2017 Challenges:  1701 1702 1703 1704 1705

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1609  1610 1611 1612

Daily Log:The Daily Grind

Form Check:  Stronglifts Olympic

More FC's:  Pistol Squats

Want to play?  MFPvP

11 hours ago, Sam Ashen said:

And in the above conversation I just related - Who was the one having trouble picking up on social cues?  It looks like I just had to spell it out bluntly for the other person.  The social cues missed were very general, evasive, and conversation-killing answers to questions.

TOTALLY.  How awkward is it to call someone out on anything? Imo it's one of the least diplomatic things, and even a possible sign of aggression to force someone to flat out tell you that they don't like you. Take the hint and go hit the cheese tray. +5 Social fail

11 hours ago, Sam Ashen said:

I respect SS for being blunt.  There is no nonsense in her answers.

IKR?

• Like 1
  • spezzy locked this topic