Jump to content

Recommended Posts

So skating was fun today. Got to do a lot of technique work on my crossovers. Still look a bit Bambi-like when crossing left over right but getting there. Tried some 3 turns but kept wussing and putting my second foot down as  went around. 

 

Got a very blurry video of me working on spirals (balancing on one leg with the other extended with the raised skate above hip level). Still not quite there but getting better.

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post

Basically talking to myself again. :)

 

Took a day off work and dossed about a bit.

  1. Slept in
  2. Went into town and went to a Pilates class
  3. Met @TeeCam for lunch (which stretched to two and a half hours)
  4. Deadlifted a lot
  5. Went to a networking event and ate lots of buffet goodness

Way off the reservation on calories (despite tracking estimates) but well under what would be maintenance... Weight will be up tomorrow but I'm hoping it'll come off in time.

  • Like 3
Link to post
16 minutes ago, SpecialSundae said:

Holy mother of f*ck that massage hurt! Hoping it helps but I really need to do that more often. One IT band/lateral quad is so snarled up he could barely massage it. :( 

 

Sounds like a whole other level of pain.

 

It's been over a year since I had a sports massage, I don't dare to think what would happen the next time I got one.

Level "I have no clue" Warrior

Current challenge

Battle log

 

Link to post
18 hours ago, SpecialSundae said:

Weight will be up tomorrow but I'm hoping it'll come off in time.

Do you have another competition coming up? 

Current Challenge

# 39#38 | #37 | #36 | #35 |#34 | #33 | #32 | #31 | #30#29#28#27#26#25 | # 24 | #23#22#21 | #20 | #19 | #18 | #17#16#15#14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10#9#8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2#1 | Battle Log

Instagram | Goodreads

Link to post
59 minutes ago, AugustaAdaByron said:

 

Sounds like a whole other level of pain.

 

It's been over a year since I had a sports massage, I don't dare to think what would happen the next time I got one.

 

I'm thinking about braving another one in a couple of weeks. Really want to be moving better.

Link to post
16 minutes ago, SpecialSundae said:

 

Not for three months, but it was more "in time" = "over the course of time" rather than "in time" = "by the deadline".

That makes more sense. You've never really struggled with making weight for comp, but I do know that it can be a source of stress for you.

Are you still doing the nutrition coaching?

Current Challenge

# 39#38 | #37 | #36 | #35 |#34 | #33 | #32 | #31 | #30#29#28#27#26#25 | # 24 | #23#22#21 | #20 | #19 | #18 | #17#16#15#14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10#9#8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2#1 | Battle Log

Instagram | Goodreads

Link to post
That makes more sense. You've never really struggled with making weight for comp, but I do know that it can be a source of stress for you.

Are you still doing the nutrition coaching?

Yup. It's mostly for the reverse more than the cut, as cutting is easy.

Link to post
1 hour ago, SpecialSundae said:

 

I'm thinking about braving another one in a couple of weeks. Really want to be moving better.

 

The more frequently you get them the less they'll hurt, no?

 

 

1 hour ago, SpecialSundae said:

Yup. It's mostly for the reverse more than the cut, as cutting is easy.

 

How do you like the nutritional coaching so far?

Level "I have no clue" Warrior

Current challenge

Battle log

 

Link to post

Wow, I missed a lot!  Sorry things have been difficult for you lately.  It sounds like you've been stuck in a real negative spiral regarding your self worth, I hope you find a way of working on that because life is so much nicer when that little voice telling you you're not good enough shuts its fucking mouth. 

 

Your comp numbers looked great though!  I think you're amazing, even if you don't xx

  • Like 4

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

 

Life is far too short to take seriously

Link to post
On 3/1/2017 at 2:13 PM, SpecialSundae said:

Did a side by side comparison of myself now and myself three years ago and I still need to cut a bit more to get where I want to be.

 

Not sharing the pics.

 

5 hours ago, SpecialSundae said:

I was thinking of starting my reverse diet today but then Avatar put my calories up quite dramatically because I'd lost so much in the last week (debloat, probably) so I'll stick it out a few more weeks and see what happens.

 

Ugh I am so with you right now, brain bridge! Pics and all. I'm desperate to adjust but just sticking it out for a little while longer... Solidarity!!

Link to post

Sooo... I finally went and saw a sports medicine doctor because my physio was concerned about the regularity of the injuries I get in my hips, particularly given that I score a 7 on the Beighton scale (hypermobility on all checked joints except my knees).

 

He went through a few things with me but actually said my back seems pretty healthy and the main thing I need to work on is strength in my left glute and single leg control. Otherwise, he dictated a rather nice letter in which he referred to me as "an elite powerlifter" and "of athletic build" which made it hard not to giggle. I said after that I didn't think of myself as an elite powerlifter and he said that, even if it isn't a prestigious sport, to make it to Commonwealth level is still quite an achievement.

 

He'd know. He's a former international ultra-runner!

  • Like 7
Link to post

I'm doing my usual thing of totally forgetting my challenge, so here's a wee update:

 

  • Been shit at doing accessories but not bad at not psyching myself out. I had a shoulder issue so didn't fuck with it and chose to look after it instead. Sometimes the right thing is not pushing through.
  • Been AWESOME at nailing my macros, even with Tuesday's blow out. Now sitting around 63.5kg with another couple of kg to go, ideally, but just going to see how it goes. My calories were put up this week after a big drop, so running with 2403c, 152p, 67f, 298c. :D 
  • Okay with fun. Went to see Logan on Wednesday and I'm absolutely furious that we didn't get the Deadpool 2 teaser.
  • Like 3
Link to post
On 3/4/2017 at 9:15 AM, SpecialSundae said:

I'm doing my usual thing of totally forgetting my challenge, so here's a wee update:

 

  • Been shit at doing accessories but not bad at not psyching myself out. I had a shoulder issue so didn't fuck with it and chose to look after it instead. Sometimes the right thing is not pushing through.
  • Been AWESOME at nailing my macros, even with Tuesday's blow out. Now sitting around 63.5kg with another couple of kg to go, ideally, but just going to see how it goes. My calories were put up this week after a big drop, so running with 2403c, 152p, 67f, 298c. :D 
  • Okay with fun. Went to see Logan on Wednesday and I'm absolutely furious that we didn't get the Deadpool 2 teaser.

I thought the deadpool teaser was at the end?! Is it not? That's like, half the reason I want to go see Logan....

Goal: Deadlift a (Female) Wookie (100 kg): 65.8%

Link to post
  • spezzy locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines