• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

I'm done with this place. After four years, I'm completely disillusioned by the "in crowd" who can do what they like with no consequences.

I've done my best to improve myself and help others but I'm forever an outsider so why the hell should I bother?

I'll find somewhere else to track my progress.

• Like 1

I'm done with this place. After four years, I'm completely disillusioned by the "in crowd" who can do what they like with no consequences.

I've done my best to improve myself and help others but I'm forever an outsider so why the hell should I bother?

I'll find somewhere else to track my progress.

The "in crowd" and your Marsha Marsha Marsha attitude toward Spezzy is unfortunately a product of your own mind and insecurities. No one gets to do whatever they want with no consequences. I have spent large portions of my time as a mod over the last few years making sure to fairly consider each point of yours that has ever been brought before me. In most cases, they were valid, and I and or mods took action.

For example, this past time your point on Spezzy's bench was valid. It was disqualified due to the current rules. It also brought to light hat the current rules we use are too restrictive of our goal of encouraging inclusion, so we'll be coming up with new ones. Your objection led to positive discourse and positive change for the community. Your objection to Staci getting the lifting title is also valid, it was an oversight due to not updating the score sheet after we decided to invalidate her bench, which led to her having a valid 3 lift score when I summarized the results during lunch. She won't be receiving the title. I'll update it once I have time.

The reason you are an outsider is because you're abrasive. We've discussed his privately before. When you have an objection you fly off the cuff immediately, seeming to assume the worst intentions instead of considering that people have good intentions and make mistakes, whether they be to inexperience, something being rushed, or any other reason. We discussed this at length before and I had hoped that you could adjust. I have been the sole voice against outright banning you on multiple occasions because of the issues caused by how you approach things or people you don't agree with. I have lost mods in large part because it was unpleasant having to interface with you. You have in general made my life as a mod harder and more unpleasant.

Despite all this I made you an ambassador and hoped your positive work with the new people would outweigh the negativity you bring to this community and the headaches you bring to my skull. I think in large part it has for the community, but the majority of the unpleasantness I run into on these forums is still due to you.

Good luck in your future endeavors. I hope you find a place where you feel appreciated and included and that it brings you contentment. I won't be sorry to see you go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Gainsdalf the Whey said:

The "in crowd" and your Marsha Marsha Marsha attitude toward Spezzy is unfortunately a product of your own mind and insecurities. No one gets to do whatever they want with no consequences. I have spent large portions of my time as a mod over the last few years making sure to fairly consider each point of yours that has ever been brought before me. In most cases, they were valid, and I and or mods took action.

For example, this past time your point on Spezzy's bench was valid. It was disqualified due to the current rules. It also brought to light hat the current rules we use are too restrictive of our goal of encouraging inclusion, so we'll be coming up with new ones. Your objection led to positive discourse and positive change for the community. Your objection to Staci getting the lifting title is also valid, it was an oversight due to not updating the score sheet after we decided to invalidate her bench, which led to her having a valid 3 lift score when I summarized the results during lunch. She won't be receiving the title. I'll update it once I have time.

The reason you are an outsider is because you're abrasive. We've discussed his privately before. When you have an objection you fly off the cuff immediately, seeming to assume the worst intentions instead of considering that people have good intentions and make mistakes, whether they be to inexperience, something being rushed, or any other reason. We discussed this at length before and I had hoped that you could adjust. I have been the sole voice against outright banning you on multiple occasions because of the issues caused by how you approach things or people you don't agree with. I have lost mods in large part because it was unpleasant having to interface with you. You have in general made my life as a mod harder and more unpleasant.

Despite all this I made you an ambassador and hoped your positive work with the new people would outweigh the negativity you bring to this community and the headaches you bring to my skull. I think in large part it has for the community, but the majority of the unpleasantness I run into on these forums is still due to you.

Good luck in your future endeavors. I hope you find a place where you feel appreciated and included and that it brings you contentment. I won't be sorry to see you go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I keep re-phrasing my response to this because I don't want to let this toxic thing just sit here, uncontested. But I just keep coming back to this: You should be ashamed of yourself.

I wasn't sure whether I was going to respond to this or not, but I think I'll follow @stepping_out's lead and do so.

8 hours ago, Gainsdalf the Whey said:

The "in crowd" and your Marsha Marsha Marsha attitude toward Spezzy is unfortunately a product of your own mind and insecurities.

The reason you are an outsider is because you're abrasive.

I won't be sorry to see you go.

These are all contradictory statements! No "in crowd" but "she's an outsider". Also an "I won't be sorry to see you go" in a community that is supposed to be all inclusive.

No one gets to do whatever they want with no consequences.

That's true and you've been one of the most fair mods/admins that I know.

I have spent large portions of my time as a mod over the last few years making sure to fairly consider each point of yours that has ever been brought before me. In most cases, they were valid, and I and or mods took action.

The reason you are an outsider is because you're abrasive.

You have in general made my life as a mod harder and more unpleasant.

So basically most of the time something happened (and involved negativity, I won't argue there) was something that was valid. I won't say that @SpecialSundae doesn't have a short fuse but it does read like you get upset because you're told off about valid arguments.

For example, this past time your point on Spezzy's bench was valid. It was disqualified due to the current rules. It also brought to light hat the current rules we use are too restrictive of our goal of encouraging inclusion, so we'll be coming up with new ones. Your objection led to positive discourse and positive change for the community. Your objection to Staci getting the lifting title is also valid, it was an oversight due to not updating the score sheet after we decided to invalidate her

bench, which led to her having a valid 3 lift score when I summarized the results during lunch. She won't be receiving the title. I'll update it once I have time.

I'm not going to comment on that. I'll only say that usually, in my experience, when there has been any kind of "turmoil" in a forum thread usually the mods/admins watch it like a hawk. On the other hand you do have a newborn and a slightly older child to take care of so I can see how it could have been an oversight too.

We've discussed his privately before. When you have an objection you fly off the cuff immediately, seeming to assume the worst intentions instead of considering that people have good intentions and make mistakes, whether they be to inexperience, something being rushed, or any other reason. We discussed this at length before and I had hoped that you could adjust. I have been the sole voice against outright banning you on multiple occasions because of the issues caused by how you approach things or people you don't agree with. I have lost mods in large part because it was unpleasant having to interface with you.

That's out of my reach. Sounds like personal discussion. (If that's true though, I would take a few minutes to consider the potential reasons why someone seems to assume the worst intentions though.)

9 hours ago, Gainsdalf the Whey said:

For the record, let me just say first that I do recognise that being a mod/admin in a forum can take a lot of time, involves a lot of voluntary work, and in the end everyone has their own life and can't deal with everything immediately or handle everything gracefully. However, I will also say that no matter how great it would be to have everything run smoothly and be all rainbows, butterflies, and unicorns, there is still unpleasantness in this world and any job, voluntary or not, is bound to include some. I'm not taking anyone's side here. As I said, I recognise that she has a short fuse. But she doesn't have bad intentions either.

After sleeping on this overnight, I'm closing this thread. I have gone over the situations in my head of how this could turn out a million times, and none of them are positive. 

SpecialSundae, if you decide you want to return, and want it re-opened, please DM me, and we can chat.

• Like 3