Jump to content

Deathbyshiny attempts World 1-1


deathbyshiny

Recommended Posts

Okay! My previous challenge went pretty well, all things considering. The new format I decided to try definitely helped me feel like this challenge was something I could accomplish rather than setting goals that seemed a bit too lofty for me. So I reset, refocused, and now I'm ready to push through!

 

Since I've broken down my year into 2 month segments for my health goals, I am pretty much doing the same thing for this challenge. I know technically it ends in March, but that's ok!

 

Basic January/February goals:

  1. Research better eating habits and try new, healthier recipes. 
  2. Get my anxiety back down to what it was at the end of the school year last year. 
  3. Start moving more, even in winter.

 

In Challenge 1, I made some pretty good progress with these goals. I've eaten a little better, and I've looked up seasonal fruits and vegetables. I've tried to walk as much per day as I could, though I could have done better on my days off. My anxiety is still pretty high, but it's more due to things that have happened in the past month as opposed to constants that usually push it up. So progress!

 

Again, instead of measurable data points, I'm going with achievable tasks and accountability. 

 

Goal 1: Research better eating habits and try new, healthier recipes. 

  • Continue with the soups. They're easy, great, and mean I don't have to meal prep for work as often. 
  • Focus on Vegetable-based recipes. Now that I know what's especially in season, try more variety in my dishes!
  • Keep up with eating a little more fruit. It's more difficult in winter, but it's so worth it.

 

Goal 2: Get my anxiety back down to what it was at the end of the school year last year. 

  • Continue with my Bullet Journal. Still going on this. The weekly layouts I do are helping me, and the one I use for work is still super helpful.
  • Color daily. Yes. This is working. I love it. <3

 

Goal 3: Start moving more, even in winter.

  • If I'm playing  games downstairs, I need to be on my exercise bike while I'm doing it. I just have to make sure I play more games downstairs. Lately I've been staying on my PC so I can multi-task.
  • Move more outside of work. I seem to be hitting my goals on work days, but not on days off.

 

So some minor adjustments, but I got this!

  • Like 4

Every accomplishment starts with the decision to try. - Gail Devers

Current challenge: New Game

Previous challenges: 2017 Challenges: Strategy 2Strategy 1 | 1-3 1-2 | 1-1 | Reset
2016 Challenges: 432 | 1 | .5

Link to post

Glad to hear last challenge went well (I don't remember if you did a recap, maybe you did, then double praise!).

 

And this challenge looks good. I think it works better for habit forming and stuff to actually not add new things every challenge. :)

Introduction (where I started, May 2016) ~*~ NF Character (dormant)

 

 Progress as a Nomad: Battle log where I do my own challenges

Useful posts on my battle log: Useful Links and Travel Schedule, Future Challenge IdeasGoals for 2017 as a whole, Assorted Goals (not on rotation), Elements W1D1, Last Quarter Goals

Link to post

Cool! Good to hear the new format is working out for you!

 

Just so you know.We organised special mini-challenge this around that you are welcome to take part in if you find it fits with your goals.

Goblin | Level 7 | STR: 4 | DEX: 2 | STA: 3 | CON: 3.5 | WIS: 8 | CHA: 2.5

Nerdfitness Character, Past challenges: 1 1 2 2 3 4 5 5 6, Current challenge (March 19 - April 15): click

Tough Mudder Ireland || Battle for Graduation || My Neverending Story (on hiatus)

Link to post

Great goals! :D

 

Regarding moving outside of workdays, I feel the same, so I've tried to add a nice walk/hike on a Saturday and recognise Sunday as a rest day (or vice-versa).  That way I feel better about it!

Level 16 Warrior Druidess

Walk FROM Mordor   Challenges: Current (#17)   Previous (#1-16)

Keto:  https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/keto      Fasting:  https://idmprogram.com/tag/fasting/

 

Link to post
13 hours ago, Dalish said:

Looking good!  Soups in winter are the best warming meal :)

 

They are! I love them, and I love making them in the crock pot! This week I'm doing curry and stir fry, so changing it up a little, but I still love soups!

 

8 hours ago, Dagger said:

Glad to hear last challenge went well (I don't remember if you did a recap, maybe you did, then double praise!).

 

And this challenge looks good. I think it works better for habit forming and stuff to actually not add new things every challenge. :)

 

I posted a quick one right before I made this post, so no worries! Woo! I need to get better at lifestyle changes over all, so this is how I am trying!

 

5 hours ago, Miw_Sher said:

Cool! Good to hear the new format is working out for you!

 

Just so you know.We organised special mini-challenge this around that you are welcome to take part in if you find it fits with your goals.

 

Oh! I will check it out! Thanks!

 

4 hours ago, Butternut said:

Yay for eating habits!!!

 

I really need a lot of work on making them better. I tend to snack a LOT, so I need to work on cutting that down.

 

4 hours ago, Vibrantella said:

Great goals! :D

 

Regarding moving outside of workdays, I feel the same, so I've tried to add a nice walk/hike on a Saturday and recognise Sunday as a rest day (or vice-versa).  That way I feel better about it!

 

I was doing well with that in the summer, kind of. I would walk every other day since no work, but as it started getting colder, I started getting lazier, so it's definitely something I am pushing myself to try to make more of a habit than work.

  • Like 3

Every accomplishment starts with the decision to try. - Gail Devers

Current challenge: New Game

Previous challenges: 2017 Challenges: Strategy 2Strategy 1 | 1-3 1-2 | 1-1 | Reset
2016 Challenges: 432 | 1 | .5

Link to post
On 2/10/2017 at 6:50 PM, deathbyshiny said:

I was doing well with that in the summer, kind of. I would walk every other day since no work, but as it started getting colder, I started getting lazier, so it's definitely something I am pushing myself to try to make more of a habit than work.

Winter have completely derailed my step goal thing and I finally dropped it in the middle of the last challenge. If it was only cold I could deal, but it is the ice and having to step carefully and keep constant track of where I am stepping and the constant risk of slipping and maybe finally injure myself seriously from it. So I'm not trying for walking every day.

 

When all the ice disappears I want to get outside daily again and maybe bring back my step goal when I can enjoy it.

  • Like 1

Introduction (where I started, May 2016) ~*~ NF Character (dormant)

 

 Progress as a Nomad: Battle log where I do my own challenges

Useful posts on my battle log: Useful Links and Travel Schedule, Future Challenge IdeasGoals for 2017 as a whole, Assorted Goals (not on rotation), Elements W1D1, Last Quarter Goals

Link to post

Winter is tough, there is nothing that screams "go back to sleep" as waking up to a dark exterior and a temperature of zero degrees on your phone.

Goblin | Level 7 | STR: 4 | DEX: 2 | STA: 3 | CON: 3.5 | WIS: 8 | CHA: 2.5

Nerdfitness Character, Past challenges: 1 1 2 2 3 4 5 5 6, Current challenge (March 19 - April 15): click

Tough Mudder Ireland || Battle for Graduation || My Neverending Story (on hiatus)

Link to post
On 2/13/2017 at 10:22 AM, Dagger said:

Winter have completely derailed my step goal thing and I finally dropped it in the middle of the last challenge. If it was only cold I could deal, but it is the ice and having to step carefully and keep constant track of where I am stepping and the constant risk of slipping and maybe finally injure myself seriously from it. So I'm not trying for walking every day.

 

When all the ice disappears I want to get outside daily again and maybe bring back my step goal when I can enjoy it.

 

On 2/13/2017 at 3:07 PM, Miw_Sher said:

Winter is tough, there is nothing that screams "go back to sleep" as waking up to a dark exterior and a temperature of zero degrees on your phone.

 

And I LOVE winter, and hate summer! I'm broken! But I think it has a lot to do with how lazy I am, and Winter enables me to be lazy, and I have to work on that. I mean I'm lazy in the summer too, but I force myself to go out because it's summer. 

 

The ice does suck though! We did get a lot of snow last week/weekend, so there's ice everywhere. It gets up to 50, snow melts, it drops to 10, water freezes, and I almost fall getting out of my car every day at work. 

  • Like 3

Every accomplishment starts with the decision to try. - Gail Devers

Current challenge: New Game

Previous challenges: 2017 Challenges: Strategy 2Strategy 1 | 1-3 1-2 | 1-1 | Reset
2016 Challenges: 432 | 1 | .5

Link to post
6 hours ago, deathbyshiny said:

And I LOVE winter, and hate summer! I'm broken! But I think it has a lot to do with how lazy I am, and Winter enables me to be lazy, and I have to work on that. I mean I'm lazy in the summer too, but I force myself to go out because it's summer. 

 

Oh i absolutely LOVE winter.

I hate getting up when it's cold.

 

Difference. :)

Goblin | Level 7 | STR: 4 | DEX: 2 | STA: 3 | CON: 3.5 | WIS: 8 | CHA: 2.5

Nerdfitness Character, Past challenges: 1 1 2 2 3 4 5 5 6, Current challenge (March 19 - April 15): click

Tough Mudder Ireland || Battle for Graduation || My Neverending Story (on hiatus)

Link to post
8 hours ago, deathbyshiny said:

And I LOVE winter, and hate summer! I'm broken! But I think it has a lot to do with how lazy I am, and Winter enables me to be lazy, and I have to work on that. I mean I'm lazy in the summer too, but I force myself to go out because it's summer. 

I only hate icy sidewalks, paths, and roads. The rest of winter is nice, and when there is snow and such? Love it.

 

I love summer too, although not when it is too hot unless I can jump in a pool or lake to cool off. And thunderstorms are so cozy to sit inside for in summer.

 

I love something about each season and probably hate something about each season. :3

  • Like 1

Introduction (where I started, May 2016) ~*~ NF Character (dormant)

 

 Progress as a Nomad: Battle log where I do my own challenges

Useful posts on my battle log: Useful Links and Travel Schedule, Future Challenge IdeasGoals for 2017 as a whole, Assorted Goals (not on rotation), Elements W1D1, Last Quarter Goals

Link to post
On 2/9/2017 at 9:07 PM, deathbyshiny said:

 

Goal 2: Get my anxiety back down to what it was at the end of the school year last year. 

  • Continue with my Bullet Journal. Still going on this. The weekly layouts I do are helping me, and the one I use for work is still super helpful.
  • Color daily. Yes. This is working. I love it. <3

 

Being creative is AWESOME! Especially now so many places sell adult coloring books! There are so many options for all different styles. I suffer from anxiety/ OCD/ depression and I definitely find creativity soothes me and distracts me. I hope it continues to work for you! :) Good luck with your goals! 

  • Like 1
Link to post

Yup! I'm fine! Apparently I've gotten myself confused and have been posting to replies in my previous challenge thread but not this one! My bad! :D

 

I could have done better with this challenge, and I hate to blame the weather, but I'm going to blame the weather! haha. We're about to get MORE snow this week, and I'm just trying to figure out what exactly I am going to be able to do for the next week, as well as what I'm going to do for the next challenge!

  • Like 3

Every accomplishment starts with the decision to try. - Gail Devers

Current challenge: New Game

Previous challenges: 2017 Challenges: Strategy 2Strategy 1 | 1-3 1-2 | 1-1 | Reset
2016 Challenges: 432 | 1 | .5

Link to post
26 minutes ago, deathbyshiny said:

Yup! I'm fine! Apparently I've gotten myself confused and have been posting to replies in my previous challenge thread but not this one! My bad!

 

If I had a nickel for every time I did that! 

 

This winter has been a hassle. and then trying to change habits being stuck inside is even harder.  Keep it up.

 

  • Like 2

"One should eat to live, not live to eat." -Molaire-

"People always forget their hangover" -My dear ol' dad

"People are born to live, while some are born to evolve." 

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines