mom2sjm 10 pounds? I thought I lost you already...

mom2sjm

mPaDBd.gif

I swear I have already lost these 10 pounds! 

lose-3-pounds.gif?w=676  (TEN pounds, not three...)

But they keep coming back.

weight-gain-o.gif

So tired of losing them.

giphy.gif

Wish they'd stay gone.

giphy.gif

What do I want?  

Long term:  Maintain my ideal weight/body fat %.  120 pounds/18-20% body fat.  And that's me saying it's ideal because when I was in this range I had lots of energy and felt awesome, it's not some chart telling me what I should be.

70044-yes-thats-what-I-want-gif-Lesl-IQc

Short term goal:  Get back to that weight/body fat percentage.  LOSE 10 POUNDS.  Probably can't do it in 4 weeks but I can get serious and move in that direction.

How do I get there???

aprilludgate-dothings.gif?w=650

DIET GOALS

1.  no alcohol at home

we rarely go out but if we do I think it's okay to have a beer...

2.  no bread

I love breakfast sandwiches.  but they lead to later day bad choices...

3.  no soda

I have ADHD and have self-medicated for years with coca cola BUT there are alternatives.  I just need to be strong.  The temptation is only there on the days I work because there is coke in the fridge at the office so I just need to be strong those days.  I can do it!!!!!!!

tumblr_nphb9i6uMs1qksk74o1_500.gif

FITNESS GOALS

1.  yoga - 1x weekly

2.  xfit - 2x weekly

3.  walking - daily

LIFE GOAL

With my ADHD I have learned that when I need to focus, I need to distract part of my brain (ie have music in the background).  I think I need a distraction goal so I can focus on my diet/fitness goals...

tumblr_mr2vfafDhl1raqntvo1_400.gif 

Each week I will have a distraction.  I will post it at the beginning of the week.  It might be something crafty.  It might be something volunteery.  It might be something else...

200.gif

Grading

focus_nerd.gif?w=700

Diet  Food Log:  2xp per daily journal/mfp all the meals to track what I am eating.  - .5 xp per indulgance (bread/beer/soda)

Fitness:  1xp per daily movement (1 yoga/2 xfit/4 PURPOSEFUL 2k+ walks)

Life:  3xp identify distraction/1xp per distraction practice

Starting stats

giphy.gif

131 pounds

22.5% body fat percentage

• Like 3

Rock Gnome Assassin

Lvl 28

Week Zero Summary

tumblr_inline_mkrbpsxzjp1qz4rgp.gif

This week I was going back and forth about whether or not I'd put together a challenge.  I was thinking maybe a battle log but I looked at a few and I wasn't really sure how to put one together plus I like having a time frame so I figured, eh - let's do another challenge.  

And while I didn't work on my challenge officially this week like I would have if I intended to do a five week challenge instead of the four, I have decided to grade myself for the parts from the last challenge that I'm carrying over (food/exercise) and those points could be put in reserve.  

Food Log  +10.5xp

+12xp for the week because I logged all my meals except one day (superbowl sunday) which brings me to the deductions...
-1.5 xp for bread indulgence on Sunday and beers at home on Sunday and Thursday.  

Exercise  +4xp

+1xp for yoga

+2xp for xfit

+1xp for 1 "real" walk

Life +2xp
I picked up my week one distraction on Friday - puppies from the Humane Society I'll be fostering for the next two weeks!  Seven week old Bulldog/American Border Collie mix brother and sister...

Meet Bliss (aka Bonnie)

IMG_3104.jpg

and Russet (aka Clyde)

IMG_3102.jpg

While I wasn't sure they were going to be my distraction for week one when I picked them up I did award myself 1xp per day with them because they kept me really busy!

Bonus points for zero week:  16.5xp

Week One check in

I've got my journal page ready!  I've identified my distraction - caring for foster puppies!!  I went on a walk this morning!

IMG_3124.jpg

• Like 1

Rock Gnome Assassin

Lvl 28

Aw, such sweet puppies.

NIce work on zero week.

• Like 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

Elastigirl:Luck Favors The Prepared - Current Challenge: August 1 to September 4 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

54 minutes ago, Elastigirl said:

Aw, such sweet puppies.

NIce work on zero week.

Thanks!  I'm so tired.  It's like I've gone back in time to when my twins were 7 weeks old.  I'm on a 2-hour feed/pee/play/crash loop and when they are down, I'm torn - do I nap or do I try to get stuff done??  At night they give me a couple extra hours so I'm only up at 2am and then again at 6am.  so that's nice.  but yeah, tired!  just gotta hang on until the weekend and then it's mid-winter break!!

• Like 2

Rock Gnome Assassin

Lvl 28

I'm trapped right now with napping puppies on my lap.  sadly I'm in an awkward position so there will be no napping for me.  thankfully I had my laptop nearby...  

IMG_3150.jpg

distraction goal - see photo above

food log - daily logging on paper journal.  next week I'll probably do both paper and mfp.  so far, no cokes, no bread but I did have beers last night with the husband unit.  we were out though so it's all good.

exercise - it's really hard to leave the house working around puppy schedule.  once they fall asleep I have at the most 75-90 minutes before they wake and I take them outside.  I don't have a great place to leave them if I need more than 90 minutes.  I have a good space for them, there are pee pads but if they miss the pee pad, that's no good if I'm not around to clean it right up.  *sighs*  I missed yoga monday night but I'm thinking saturday morning might work because my boys will be home and they can puppy sit.  today is my normal xfit day.  I'm aiming for the 4pm class...

• Like 1

Rock Gnome Assassin

Lvl 28

6 hours ago, Love_Of_Snuggles said:

My shout out to you is just your fat, waving goodbye! 

tumblr_ng6eud9Gug1qd1rtlo1_500.gif

I love this!!  Thank you.  I'm so tired today.  I was up four times with the foster puppies.  Midnight, 2am, 4am, 6am...  now I'm up for good so it was nice to see some encouragement after a loooonnngg night.  I wonder if all that up and down the stairs and hustling two squirming puppies in and outside counts as cardio?  Should have been wearing my fit bit...

• Like 2

Rock Gnome Assassin

Lvl 28

It's a new PR for me!!

anchorman-jump-in-air.gif

Box Jumps - I've moved up to the 24" box!  Box jumps really psych me out but today part of the wod at my xfit gym was to spend 10 minutes establishing a new height so I just faced my fear and listened to the coach's tips and I did it!  I'm super happy.  We have a 24" box at home that I got for my boys and so now I can use it too (I had been using it for NF handstand practice and elevated push ups).

• Like 1

Rock Gnome Assassin

Lvl 28

Week One Recap

I'm so tired!!  Puppies...  But my foster week is up and they are up for adoption so I'm happy too.

For the week I earned +25.5xp

Food Log:  +7xp for logging but -.5xp for the beer I had at home last night.  See distraction below...  This week was all about just avoiding beer/bread/and soda which I did well despite the stress of sleep depriving puppies.  Next week I'll continue with that but look at little closer at what I'm eating by tracking just for next week what i eat on the MFP.  +6.5xp

Exercise:  Made it to two xfit but didn't make it to yoga (puppies!!!).  I did walk every single day with intention so while I only earned +6xp for meeting my goals I did earn an extra +3xp for the extra walks.  +9xp

Distraction:  Oh the puppies kept me on my toes every single day and last night was exhausting.  oh man, there were tears...  Yesterday the puppies had their surgeries (neuter/spay) and when I picked them up at 4:30pm they were NOT HAPPY.  For five hours straight they whined, barked, growled and snapped.  I was getting very emotional at their distress and my husband handed me a beer and slowly walked away...  I know they were coming down off the anesthesia but nothing we did would coax them into sleeping it off.  I was so sad for them.  But finally around 10:30pm we had them separated - one upstairs with my youngest and one downstairs with me (my husband and twins had long retreated behind firmly shut bedroom doors with their ear plugs, pillows, noise cancelling comforters...).  Between the two of us we finally managed to calm the puppies.  They still woke up every hour but every hour we were able to get them back down for a 30 minute cat nap, towards the morning it was almost an hour cat nap each time.  Finally at 6am, after breakfast and their pain meds, did they start to resemble their normal cute puppy-selves.  Handed them off to another foster family this afternoon to continue their recuperation as next week is very busy for us.  They will go up for adoption on Wednesday so I'm hopeful they'll be scooped right up.  +10xp

• Like 1

Rock Gnome Assassin

Lvl 28

Week Two Distraction

My boys (that includes the husband unit)

IMG_3045.jpg

Its mid-winter break so I'm going to fit in some boy time around all the usual things (dishes, laundry, work...).  It could be something all together, one on one, or some combination.  Maybe a movie or playing a board game or going out to catch some of the new Pokemon!!  I'll keep you posted on our adventures :)

• Like 1

Rock Gnome Assassin

Lvl 28

Sounds like a smart husband unit. :) Sorry to hear about the lack of sleep but CONGRATS on a successful week 1! On a side note, I love that your boys all look to have very distinct personalities, but also seem pretty darn happy about it. Look forward to hearing about adventures and seeing another week of progress. You got this!

• Like 1

Manarelle the Level 56 Amazon Assassin

Challenges: 1-1011-2021-3031-4041-50, 51-60, Current

ugh.  I don't know if this is the right week to track with mfp.  I ate out twice yesterday and once today.  with it being mid winter break I'm feeling like I might be eating out more.  It's so hard to figure out how to log those meals which means I have to struggle with that damn red bar.  those red numbers really mess with my head.  it can't be accurate??!!!  

oX8rMiR.gif

or maybe it is? 

media_99eb1cc0-b641-11e5-ae43-2916713ca3

but its not typical of what I normally eat so would the information even be helpful?  maybe I should log mfp next week when my eating follows a more normal pattern?  Or maybe it would be useful because you know, life, you eat out?  *sighs*

635731964297641936-973337447_tumblr_m10ipbXs2I1qftn52o1_500.gif (500×282)

• Like 1

Rock Gnome Assassin

Lvl 28

What I've found helpful when eating out is to just make sure I enjoy it and stop when I've had enough (way before I'm stuffed).  That way I've lost weight in the past even when eating out several times a week.  

How's the no soda thing going?  I used to have a Diet Coke addiction and am so glad now I managed to get over it as it's not good stuff.

Also, those puppies are so cute!  But wow they need lots of attention!  I'm thinking now we were quite lucky with ours (a border collie) - we got him at 8 weeks and he slept through the night more or less from the start (albeit my husband gets home from work around 12-1am and would give him some time and attention then too).

• Like 2

Week Two Check In

Food Log

Logging daily in my journal is going good.  logging onto mfp is happening as well.  I decided to just do it even though this is a weird eating week for me.  it's like we're on vacation because it's mid-winter break.  Unfortunately, I've indulged in the all the no things and I'm four days into the week.  It started on Saturday when the husband unit handed me a beer during the great puppy meltdown.  He's been taking me out for and/or bringing me beers nightly since then!!  it's hard to say no to this face...

20160611_165701612_i_OS.jpg

Speaking of faces it's hard to say no to, here's another...

20160611_173516980_i_OS.jpg

My 13 year old.  He made lunch for me on tuesday - grilled ham and turkey sandwich (no list=bread)...

And THEN today I took a couple of the boys to see the Lego Batman movie and my teenagers bought me a small coke!!  "you have to have a treat at the movies mom and I know you hate popcorn..."  

giphy.gif

*sighs*  but also, I gotta smile. 

Exercise

no yoga on monday - still so sleep deprived from the saturday night puppy event that I was still tired on Monday and went to bed super so I missed the Yin yoga class that I like to go to.  But I did go to crossfit today and plan to hit my second class on Friday.  Walks have been no problem with the youngest wanting to play Pokemon Go with me.  Rain or shine we've been out there!

IMG_3197.jpg

IMG_3198.jpg

Distraction

So far, it's been something everyday.  I went out to eat dinner/have beers with the husband unit on Sunday night.  On Monday I played Pokemon Go with my youngest and we broke it up with breakfast at the Pancake Corral.  On Tuesday I played more PG with my youngest and later took one of my twins out to dinner (it sounds fancy but it was very casual.  He came along with me when I dropped his brother at Panera for work and we decided to stay and have dinner.  mostly for the entertainment of having his brother bring us our dinner.  and bus our table...).  Today I took two boys to the Lego Batman movie this morning and then this afternoon I took my twin juniors to an information session/campus tour at Lake Washington Technical College.  

• Like 3

Rock Gnome Assassin

Lvl 28

Week Two Recap

+21xp for the week!  

My no-list food deductions totally cancelled out my exercise points but isn't that how it goes in real life anyway - the exercise can't do much against the eating.  Successful eating is like 99.9% of the success for weight loss (I don't have any statistics to back up that number but it feels right?).  Anyway.  That's fine.  I blew it this week and ate/drank some crap.  I own it.

Had lots of fun with my boys this week.  We ate out, we saw a movie, we went to the science center, did a college tour, played lots of pokemon go.  Best distraction ever, although all those outings did bring out my bad eating choices (sandwiches, sodas, beers...).  I don't think i did too much damage but it certainly didn't help me move in the right direction as far as my losing weight goal.  But week three will be different because  it will be back to normal and I do better with structure.

Looking ahead - don't have a distraction yet but I've thinking about it.  For the food log I'm going to do one more week of MFP because this week was kind of a bust in determining what I really ate.  Going to be really precise about it and see what I learn.  Number one exercise goal next week - YOGA!  I haven't been in two weeks.  

• Like 2

Rock Gnome Assassin

Lvl 28

Week Three Distraction

Journals.  I have several that I'd like to be working in this week so that's going to be my distraction.  I have one with me at all times and it's sort of a combo to-do list/reflection journal that I have a bunch of stuff to put into.  I also have a couple larger ones that I collage and paint and do other stuff in.  It's been awhile so I want to see if I can get in there and play around.

• Like 2

Rock Gnome Assassin

Lvl 28

Sounds like you had a busy/crazy/fun week 2! I'm excited to see Lego Batman, how was it?

• Like 1

Current Challenge

# 39#38 | #37 | #36 | #35 |#34 | #33 | #32 | #31 | #30#29#28#27#26#25 | # 24 | #23#22#21 | #20 | #19 | #18 | #17#16#15#14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10#9#8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2#1 | Battle Log

Instagram | Goodreads

Week Three Recap

IMG_3227.jpg

+19xp

Despite the low number of xp for the week I felt really good about it.  

The first couple of days I continued with my no's but then I recommitted myself to healthy eating and cleaned up my diet for the rest of the week.  I'm feeling really good that I'll be able to continue that into the final week of the challenge.

I made it to both xfit classes but I didn't make it to yoga (*sighs*) and I only went on three walks (it was a busy week?  *sighs*).  However I did work in two of my journals over the course of three days (one of the pages is pictured above) and that was fun and a good distraction.

So a good week overall if not reflected in numbers.

• Like 1

Rock Gnome Assassin

Lvl 28