• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

TiffanyD

TiffanyD loses 2 feet.... but I'm only 5'1" (Part 2 of 10)

Sorry for being MIA, work took away our wifi because planning a switch over before actually doing it totally makes sense.  I finally got it back yesterday.  

Also, went to the chiro, had 3 adjustments, started icing my back/hips/shoulder every night, and I started a strict (as in I actually do it) warm-up routine.  Those three things have made a good improvement, but I am still babying the arm as much as possible. 

Last challenge kind of became a mess because as much as I hate to admit it, if I don't see crazy awesome results (which normally isn't a great sign in the long run) I get antsy and change things up too fast.  Part 2 is going to change that, or at least curb it a bit.

FEB MEASUREMENTS GO HERE AT SOME POINT:

Current weight: 187.8

Goals will basically be the same with a bit more detail...

Goal 1: I Will Embrace My New Hellish Workouts

giphy.gif

While I do eventually need to focus on LISS at some point I had started going to the gym more often last month.  I now do M/W/F with the trainer, and at least 1 other day Thur or Sat with a friend.  So Sunday I will be adding a walk with the hyper pup or yoga, and Tue I am leaving free so I have a day that I know I can be a lazy ass if I really want to.  

-Go through the 10 min pre workout warmup every damn day and ice after workouts to continue to heal.

Goal 2: Meal Prep That Shit

giphy.gif

I had breakfast prep down almost the entire challenge last go around, I am going to keep up with that and add a minimum of 4 prepped lunches for the week.  Also, I will follow my nutritionist plan for ALL FOUR DAMN WEEKS... instead of becoming impatient and going keto for a week and a half until my digestion said NOPE.

Goal 3: Drink the Damn Water

giphy.gif

I did really well with this at first but it kind of fell by the wayside as the challenge went on.  I will be using my notebook to keep everything tracked so that doesn't happen again.

Goal 4: Make Myself Feel Pretty Damnit!

I bought 4 blow dry bar sessions when I went yesterday before my date night, I will use those up randomly this month and try to at least put some damn eyeliner on.  I will also continue to show off my awesome matching legging/converse collection on IG as well as take at least one video of a lift.

Life Goal 1:

Attack some spring cleaning early.

- Dresser cleaned out and things tossed or donated

- Start Craigslisting things that we can sell

- Finally put up the curtains in the guest room

- Clean out closets

- Properly put away the christmas tree that my boyfriend just threw in the guest room... 

- Get rid of the extra crap in the gaming/dog room and make it more homey feeling (put up those damn curtains too...)

Life Goal 2:

Take the leap and order the damn shirts for my and my friends business, also get quotes on printing once they are ordered.

• Like 5

HEY GIIIRRRRRL!!

RXDAQK9.gif

40 minutes ago, TiffanyD said:

Last challenge kind of became a mess because as much as I hate to admit it, if I don't see crazy awesome results (which normally isn't a great sign in the long run) I get antsy and change things up too fast.  Part 2 is going to change that, or at least curb it a bit.

UGH I am so going through this right now. 5 days in to a new macro breakdown and I hate it and have wanted to change it back all week :P Gotta make it those two weeks!!! You know where I am if you want to commiserate, I gotchu.

40 minutes ago, TiffanyD said:

Life Goal 2:

Take the leap and order the damn shirts for my and my friends business, also get quotes on printing once they are ordered.

YUSSSSSSS!!! So exciting!!! Take the leap!!!!! :D:D:D 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TiffanyD said:

Life Goal 1:

Attack some spring cleaning early.

- Dresser cleaned out and things tossed or donated

- Start Craigslisting things that we can sell

- Finally put up the curtains in the guest room

- Clean out closets

- Properly put away the christmas tree that my boyfriend just threw in the guest room... 

- Get rid of the extra crap in the gaming/dog room and make it more homey feeling (put up those damn curtains too...)

Good luck with your challenge!!

I did winter cleaning, went nuts in my house and the feeling you get throwing away bags of useless crap is AMAZING!  Have fun un-cluttering and sorting.  My house now looks like an extremely OCD person lives there.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TiffanyD said:

Goal 2: Meal Prep That Shit

I had breakfast prep down almost the entire challenge last go around, I am going to keep up with that and add a minimum of 4 prepped lunches for the week.  Also, I will follow my nutritionist plan for ALL FOUR DAMN WEEKS... instead of becoming impatient and going keto for a week and a half until my digestion said NOPE.

3 hours ago, RedStone said:

UGH I am so going through this right now. 5 days in to a new macro breakdown and I hate it and have wanted to change it back all week :P Gotta make it those two weeks!!! You know where I am if you want to commiserate, I gotchu.

What kind of macro break downs do ya'lls nutritionists have you doing? Because I'm a curious cat. not because I'm diet copy-catter. 

Also your 'Sup gif made my afternoon! HAHAHA!

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

What kind of macro break downs do ya'lls nutritionists have you doing? Because I'm a curious cat. not because I'm diet copy-catter. 

Also your 'Sup gif made my afternoon! HAHAHA!

My workout days which I am going to try to just eat this every day is 169g protein, 128g carbs, 61g fat approx 1730 calories

• Like 2

I am off to a good start for my day one check in.

Worked out 4 days total last week, and managed to go to my local farm for most of my shopping (they are just a bit light on produce).  I went with a friend and we had her son pick out eggs from the hen house, the chickens really liked my leggings (posted pic to IG).

Cooked enough lamb leg last night to feed an army, and I have some spicy bbq chicken in the fridge as well for lunches for at least the first half of the week.

I also got 1 box of clothes to be donated filled last week, and burned a ton of mail because my bf is weird about throwing his away so it kind of piles up.  Friday Ben and I are taking part in the general strike and I plan to go do our big donations that day.

As for today:

Breakfast was 3/4 cup cottage cheese (from the farm, soooo tasty) and half an avocado with black pepper and coffee (black).  

Lunch is some lamb, mashed potatoes and I threw spinach in until I couldn't fit anymore as well as some sliced mushrooms.

Pre and post workouts are going to be easy protein shakes with almond milk (casein pre, whey post)

Dinner is nom nom paleos  crispy chicken thighs with roasted brussels sprouts and rice.

I have my regular weight training with the coach and 20 min of stair master afterwards.

Here's to the new challenge!

giphy.gif

• Like 2

Stayed on track pretty well yesterday, though I missed one protein shake, ate 3 girl scout cookies as pre workout instead, and munched on Doritos prior to bed (mainly because I had gotten Ben some bacon jerky and we tried it last night... it was the most horrible thing I have had in a while so I needed to get the taste out of my mouth, still could have done better).

Yesterdays workout was speed DL and band squat row super sets, and then rows for time (4 sets for 1 min).  Everything was high reps and low weight, then I hit the stair master for 20 min.

Today:  No scheduled workout but I am going to try to get in yoga if I can get the room cleaned up again, breakfast is a casein protein shake with almond milk, lunch is rice, broccoli, and spicy bbq chicken tenders.  Since it's valentines day I am not 100% sure on dinner but it will be made at home, I'm thinking spaghetti but then I would really have to get a good workout in, lol.

• Like 1

kllm.gif 

I felt exactly like this the whole time, I'm pretty sure the only reason I stuck with it was because I had said it was happening on here before hand.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

• Like 5

So work killed me yesterday and I ended up laying in bed for an hour instead of yoga, lol.

Ben and I cooked our dinner together (it was the spaghetti) and I created some home made garlic bread that I can never make again... It's simply too dangerous, hah.  But seriously, I think I ate more garlic triple cheese bread than I did spaghetti.  

Did I mention I love cheese

giphy.gif

And since Dr. Strange came out on digital last night we finally got to see that :D  It was a really nice quiet night in.

Today I am back on track, breakfast shake is almost gone, I will be going out for lunch but I am grabbing a half turkey portobello pita sandwich and a half Gorgonzola salad.  Tonight I got out one of the smoked pork chops (they are over a lb each so I will slice them in half) and we have brussles sprouts or peppers to add to some rice or potatoes.

Will do another 20 min on the stairmaster post my usual workout, and my warmup pre workout (I have almost gotten this down to just being a habit!)

Also!  I look pretty damn cute today...

giphy.gif

• Like 3

So after last week I feel like I need to take the food portion and make it much simpler to start.  So 6 days a week I will eat no more that 1730 calories and get within a 10g range of 130g of protein.

Workouts were good, got in a really good bench day with reg bench, and the did super sets of floor press with the bar and then switched to dumbbells.

Water wasn't great, but I found myself drinking it more often on my own so it's a step in the right direction again.  I also got a new bottle since I left the old one at the gym so that will help this week.

I also changed up my journal a bit this week and added a "Weekly Overview" with check boxes for each goal.  I will then have my individual days after that where I track my daily stuff.

I did an initial clean out of my dresser, though I have 2 drawers to go though again for a final "you never wear this, just let it go".  I also got rid of 6 pairs of shoes I haven't worn in over 2-3 years, and threw away some stuff that just needed to be pitched.  Worked on the carport a bit this weekend, just started with sweeping things up and I may look into some mosquito netting for the section my weights are at to see if that helps keep the dogs from doing their business there and the bugs at bay.

• Like 3

The check boxes are going well!  I have struggled to not go over my calorie intake goal, but I have also been burning 2.6k plus calories a day so far as well so I am not sure if I should up the calorie range or not.  I guess I will see how my mfp/weight look come next Monday.

Today marks the second day I am in heels and a dress, yesterday also happened to be move day so I was lucky enough to move a computer, 4 monitors, a power supply, connect and disconnect cables under desks, and all of the stuff I have at my desk in heels...  I was ecstatic.

Had a really tough workout monday, lots of HIIT and 15 min on the stairmaster afterwards so I hit over 2.8k calories burned, and with all the walking/moving stuff yesterday I hit over 2.6k while being able to be a lazy ass once I got home.

Looking forward to my workout after work, though my feet are sore from the not normal foot attire, lol.

• Like 4

On 2/10/2017 at 8:45 AM, TiffanyD said:

Goal 3: Drink the Damn Water

giphy.gif

I'm the worst at this. Following along for lifting fun !

I know you were talking about heels and how uncomfortable they are, I have also found that I can almost no longer make myself wear a "real" bra when sportsbras are so much more comfortable and the straps don't slip. (this is probably more than the dudes reading need to know)

• Like 1

20 hours ago, DJtrippyT said:

I'm the worst at this. Following along for lifting fun !

I know you were talking about heels and how uncomfortable they are, I have also found that I can almost no longer make myself wear a "real" bra when sportsbras are so much more comfortable and the straps don't slip. (this is probably more than the dudes reading need to know)

Yeah, I recently bought the second skin collection V neck bra from True & Co. because it's basically the best of both worlds (though not as supportive as a sports bra)...  I need more so I can wear them every day, lol.

Yesterday got off kilter due to me finding a stray pup on the way into the gym...  I drove him back to the house, we gave him some fresh water and food because his ribs and hips were showing pretty bad.  Overall he looked like a healthy pup though, maybe just lost for a few days.  As I cancled my workout, and the SO and I tried to figure out what to do with him since he was not fixed and I can't do spraying in the house with 4 other dogs that could start doing so due to it the little guy pushed through our fence and ran off.  I felt bad, but at the same time I wasn't going to chase him down and force him into the house, he also seemed extra timid around Ben so maybe he just didn't like guys.

After that whole debacle, and me having a stressful day at work due to other departments....  Wine was had, and I think some smoked Gouda and pimento spread were in there too.  Besides that I kept mostly too my plan, and made a healthy dinner.  Still burning my minimum calorie goal of over 2.2k a day so that is good, and I am still trending down in weight even though dinner was later than usual.

So TLDR, I am making it through the week, albeit with some annoying obstacles... 

giphy.gif

• Like 3

23 hours ago, TiffanyD said:

The check boxes are going well!  I have struggled to not go over my calorie intake goal, but I have also been burning 2.6k plus calories a day so far as well so I am not sure if I should up the calorie range or not.  I guess I will see how my mfp/weight look come next Monday.

23 hours ago, TiffanyD said:

Today marks the second day I am in heels and a dress, yesterday also happened to be move day so I was lucky enough to move a computer, 4 monitors, a power supply, connect and disconnect cables under desks, and all of the stuff I have at my desk in heels...  I was ecstatic.

41 minutes ago, TiffanyD said:

Yesterday got off kilter due to me finding a stray pup on the way into the gym... 

Good call making adjustments as needed! I think that's so smart during a challenge, and kind of the point... even if I have to fight with myself over it :P Hope that's feeling better!!

Checkboxes make me so happy. I don't think I've ever been so insistent on doing the things so I could see them happily colored in...

DRESS!!! HEELS!!!! :D:D:D 

Puppy. Wow, that's weird and routine busting for sure. Sorry the the little guy he got spooked and ran!!! 

It's Thursday! you're almost there ;) At least that last obstacle was cuuuteee :) 

• Like 2

Yeah we can't take in another at this point so it's probably for the best. He was a pretty guy, and we hope he was just lost.

8045c55b62b47c9ca39a9317ae127d79.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Any reason is a good reason for wine, smoked gouda and pimento cheese. I'm glad you tried to care for the pup and I wager that someone else will pick him up eventually. 

Thinking about 2,200 calories makes me look forward to when this cut ends and I taper back up to 2,200. :love_heart: 

• Like 1

So, not a lot of boxes got checked last week, and while I was down to 188 on Saturday morning I was up to 189.6 today.  This is possibly for two reasons, 1. dreaded shark week is upon me, 2. I ate a bit more than I should have for dinner which was also later than normal.  I do notice that I splurge a lot on weekends, and this just shows how much progress can be undone.  So while I am not going to worry myself over it, I am going to focus on doing better diet wise and really get things done. 

I got in 3 good training days, and 1 day of yard work/cleaning so my activity wasn't bad.  

My new mantra is currently "Be Better Than Last Week"...  So I am moving on!

This week I have a new, prettier checklist in place, and actually accomplished prep meals (which I hadn't quite done last week).  For my first few lunches (besides 1 day which my boss is taking me and my colleague to lunch for a job well done thing) I did the nom nom paleo chicken instant pot recipe with the veggie "gravy".  I added more a bit more carrots than suggested and some mushrooms, and used homemade stock and beef tallow from the local farm.  The gravy is awesome.  I added as much spinach as I could to the containers after adding my 6 oz of chicken and some of the veggie gravy, and have portioned sides of risotto from last nights dinner.

Breakfasts are going to be made in the morning, I already made up pork sausage (from local farm) patties on Sunday to which I add 1 double yoked egg (from local farm, I love this place) and 2 slices of whole wheat toast.

I have also started adding my breakfasts, pre/post workout, and lunches to MFP prior to figuring out dinner.  This way I can better plan dinners out to work with my calorie and protein intakes.

In conclusion, come at me week 3!

jXbwtvB.gif

• Like 2