• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Phoenix91

Phoenix's graduation challenge

Yoga on Tuesday *namaste*

No yoga Wednesday, I had a violin lesson and didn't have time to squeeze yoga in with everything else.

Wednesday Workout:

Leg extensions:

55# x20

57.5# x 20

Leg Curl:

10# x 20

15# x 20

Barbell rows:

44# 5x5

49# 3x5

54# 1x5

DL:

50# 1x5

79# 3x5

OHP:

24# 4x5 (should have been 1 more set but I added more weight prematurely and couldn't be fussed to change it back)

29# 1x5

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

Awesome well-rounded workout! I love barbell rows personally. I don't have them in my new program as a regular thing and kind of miss them. 

Thanks!

I love them too.  You could always do them on the side :)

• Like 1

I didn't get my second lifting workout done last week, it was all just a bit too much trying to fit everything in; i ran out of hours.

I won't get to do anything other than stretch today maybe, i'll be in the car for 6 hours :) so i'll definitely need to stretch.

I've done romanian every day, even if it was just looking over a few new words or writing my gratitude for the day.

Oh and i gained 1 lb this week (go weight gain!!)

The rest of this week will be stressful and busy; off to London on Friday so i really should pack my case.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blocky said:

Ewwwww.... the only thing worse is airplanes...

6 hours later and i am global entry approved and pre TSA screened!  no more lines, woot!  i think my bum might have fallen off somewhere in northern ohio and i need to stretch so badly.

on Friday i get to do 2 hours to NY then 8 hours to london.  I really hate flying and planes and pretty much everything to do with travel so i'm sure it'll be the best day ever.  

• Like 2

Tuesday workout:

- Leg extensions:

55# x 20

55.7# x 20

60# x 10 

- Leg Curl:

10# x 10

15 # x 10

20# x 10

- Bench:  

29#  5x5

34#  3x5

39#  1x5

- OHP:  Didn't do many of these because of my tweeky shoulder.

24#  3x5

29# 1x5

I'm going to try to squeeze a workout in tonight because Thursday night will be hectic.  DL's tonight though :D

Romanian : yes

Packing for trip: yes

New awesome headphones : YES!

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

Leg extensions and leg curls! Those are fun! :D 

Yes they are.  My cat is terrified of me doing leg extensions, the horror & the noise is too much for him.

Leg curls are evil, i find them so difficult!

I just got an offer letter from the London school of economics to do an undergrad degree in International Relations.  I must be completely crazy. I'm just going to collect degrees!

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Phoenix91 said:

I just got an offer letter from the London school of economics to do an undergrad degree in International Relations.  I must be completely crazy. I'm just going to collect degrees!

Gotta catch 'em all!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

Gotta catch 'em all!

Exactly.  I can have multiple degrees that I'm not going to use and in no way actually help me in life :D 

1 hour ago, Phoenix91 said:

Exactly.  I can have multiple degrees that I'm not going to use and in no way actually help me in life :D 

TRUTH. I have two I don't use, so at the very least you have to beat me! 

12 minutes ago, Taddea Zhaan said:

TRUTH. I have two I don't use, so at the very least you have to beat me! 

I already have 2, so with this next one i can beat you.

I also already have more than anyone in my family, which is funny, because i'm pretty sure my whole family thinks i'm stupid.

I am back from my London adventure!!

Graduation was lovely.  We walked at least 5 miles a day, no tube for us.  Even the weather was only crappy for 1 day.  

I might love walking around in a gown, i feel like an overgrown bat with power.

z185BS1.jpg

Edited by Phoenix91
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Phoenix91 said:

I am back from my London adventure!!

Graduation was lovely.  We walked at least 5 miles a day, no tube for us.  Even the weather was only crappy for 1 day.  

I might love walking around in a gown, i feel like an overgrown bat with power.

z185BS1.jpg

Hmm... I didn't know they had good weather in Europe...I though it always looked like this:

castle

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, brutalbears said:

Hmm... I didn't know they had good weather in Europe...I though it always looked like this:

castle

Well I said it wasn't crappy.. i didn't say wasn't cold; what i should have said was it only rained 1 day.  It was slightly sunny but still freezing!  On tuesday it was sunny enough to take my gloves off :)

• Like 1

Just now, Phoenix91 said:

Well I said it wasn't crappy.. i didn't say wasn't cold; what i should have said was it only rained 1 day.  It was slightly sunny but still freezing!  On tuesday it was sunny enough to take my gloves off

In my head all Europe is, is a bunch of old ladies in peasant garbs running though a dense fog to escape a dragons fire, lol

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, brutalbears said:

In my head all Europe is, is a bunch of old ladies in peasant garbs running though a dense fog to escape a dragons fire, lol

Funny.  To be fair on Saturday i did resemble an old lady with my scarf wrapped around my head to escape the cold :)

End of challenge recap:

I didn't get my hair cut, I ran out of time before my trip.  Maybe next challenge.

I thoroughly enjoyed London!  I miss the UK so much and it was nice to see my brother again.

I worked out, but not as much as planned.

I got a few good rides in on the horse, I'm counting today's training ride in with this challenge as it went very well.  He's coming along nicely and will be back in a full work schedule soon enough.  

The romanian learning is also coming along.  I managed to fit more lessons in than I though I would and will definitely be carrying it over to the next challenge.

• Like 2