• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Rippleberry

Level 1 - Janitor

Epic 2017 Quest - Cleaning up the mess I made in my life up until this point. 

I will be breaking down my big quests, into little achievable habits and goals for my 4-week challenges, which will eventually accumulate into making a dent in the big quest! 

Quest One Name:  A Lannister always pays his debts

I owe £2000 on my credit card, I currently do not work and have little money to throw at this. This quest may take me longer than 1 year however, I can still make a dent in this by doing the following as part of my challenge:

1) Set aside a little extra per month

Track all spending in cash book (including groceries! keep receipts,)

Withdraw set amount to prevent spending it

Carry a water bottle to prevent drink buying whilst outdoors, piggy bank the cost of drink that would have been purchased. 

Quest Two Name:  Tailwind

Upping the fitness levels and getting moving

1) Weekly Workout x 3 minimum - I use Fitstar and Sworkit apps set "plans"

2)  Fitbit Minimum steps - currently at 5k, do this daily!

3) Stick to 1500 cal diet

Do not weigh every day! 

Quest Three Name: Mind how you go

My psychologist is setting me weekly "mini quests", my goal is to actually do them instead of shoving my sheets of paper to the side :s

Mini-quest 1 - Get present: Notice when emotions / moods are taking over and use grounding techniques to pull back and observe.

• Like 1

Good luck on the path! 

The debt is a pretty bad thing, since it leaves you anchored to the past but I'm sure you will find a job and will pay attention to your spending. Cooking your  food is also a way to spend less. Sometimes i ate at work. That is something like 5 €, so now i prepare food in advance and i spend a reasonable amount of money for eating.

For the diet you should consider what are your goals, I assume you are a female, since a 1500kcal diet is almost a starvation diet for me :P

10 hours ago, Skomenk said:

Good luck on the path! 

The debt is a pretty bad thing, since it leaves you anchored to the past but I'm sure you will find a job and will pay attention to your spending. Cooking your  food is also a way to spend less. Sometimes i ate at work. That is something like 5 €, so now i prepare food in advance and i spend a reasonable amount of money for eating.

For the diet you should consider what are your goals, I assume you are a female, since a 1500kcal diet is almost a starvation diet for me :P

Unfortunately working isn't on the cards at the moment due to disability. I'm already eating the world's most unfresh and grim veg from the cheapest supermarket I can find. Scrape the fuzzy bits off kind of cheap ^^ My ways to spend less are pretty limited to sleeping earlier so I don't have to leave the lights on and the likes. Poor cat is getting his food and litter downgraded, sorry cat.

My diet doesn't really allow for many "goals" I'm already a clean eating veggie, I don't nom on bad things :D I'm just looking to drop back to the 8 stone 3 that I weighed last year. I'm finding it hard to get past 1200 a day, vegetables don't contain many calories, lol. I think undereating is slowing the loss.

I'm going to attempt to shop all in one go at the supermarket so that I don't end up just going to grab some bits now and again, probably spending way more than I think by going multiple times. Turn up for a bottle of water and leave with a mango I didn't need.

Just now, Rippleberry said:

Unfortunately working isn't on the cards at the moment due to disability. I'm already eating the world's most unfresh and grim veg from the cheapest supermarket I can find. Scrape the fuzzy bits off kind of cheap ^^ My ways to spend less are pretty limited to sleeping earlier so I don't have to leave the lights on and the likes. Poor cat is getting his food and litter downgraded, sorry cat.

My diet doesn't really allow for many "goals" I'm already a clean eating veggie, I don't nom on bad things :D I'm just looking to drop back to the 8 stone 3 that I weighed last year. I'm finding it hard to get past 1200 a day, vegetables don't contain many calories, lol. I think undereating is slowing the loss.

I'm going to attempt to shop all in one go at the supermarket so that I don't end up just going to grab some bits now and again, probably spending way more than I think by going multiple times. Turn up for a bottle of water and leave with a mango I didn't need.

If you are confused with nutrition an exellent book is "Tom venuto - Burn the fat feed the muscle". It covers almost every aspect of eating & fat loss in a perfect, clear and simple way. Since you don't have money right now, there are several ways to obtain this book on the internet :P 

The only downside of this book is that it focus primaly on proteins derived from meat & fish. However is a must read book, you might learn a lot from it :)

Hey Rippleberry!

I'm not sure what your income looks like with Disability, but could you look at local community centers that could help you with food?  I know in my area, some churches will provide free food for people who do not have a large income.  My mother is on disability and this is a large way of how she gets a lot of her food throughout the month, so it might be something to look at!

Also, I love how your psychologist is helping with your quests!  That is so awesome!  I'd love to hear the other quests she gives you if you don't mind!

Lastly, how are your quests going so far this week?

Churches and food pantries can be a great way to get quality food if you are on a fixed income.  I live in 'merica with all of its excess and glory and restaurants will throw away a shocking amount of food too.  Occasionally, the civic-minded entrepreneur is willing to donate perfectly good, unused food that would be otherwise destined for the bin.

On 2/12/2017 at 4:59 AM, Rippleberry said:

Unfortunately working isn't on the cards at the moment due to disability.

It sounds like a traditional job is out of the question for you, but what about something a little less traditional?  Something like transcribing videos or meeting minutes?  There are online sites where you can do as much or as little work as you want.

There's a guy called Dave Ramsey who comes on pretty strong, but gives good, solid advice for people wanting to get out of debt.  I recommend looking up his podcast.