Hell, It's about time!

Hello to everyone, my name is Artem and i'm here because life is too short to be lived with constant fear and sadness

A Brief Introduction

I was born in Ukraine and when i was 10 my mother decided to move in Italy where i'm still living.

So, as a shy and gentle person with a slow metabolism and a big appetite i was always overweight with several social problems and without friends ( except for my two best friends and my guild in World of warcraft) and i grew up counting only on myself, building in this way a strong mentality and a complete indipendence from other people. 

When i was 16 i have experienced my "Shame Moment". Days before a grown up man insulted me for being fat so while i was watching the 320lbs x 1,90m guy looking at me from the mirror i have decided that i had enought. I signed for rugby, losing around 100lbs and becoming one of the best player of our team  in one year. I quit rugby after a while because i moved to another town which was 50km from the training place. I keept working out and running, without losing any more fat, just because i liked it, and because running was keeping me away from depression.

I have some university experience and now i have a stedy job with a decent pay, which is pretty important for me and my family.

However, i have never archived happiness, falling several times in depression and isolation from society. This led to a life composed almost entirely from books, movies and video games and i refused to continue living like this!

Just do it

One year ago i bought some  books that are now helping me to overcome my isolation and inactivity, mental and physical.

One of the books is "level up your life" and now i'm trying to apply some core concepts to my daily routine. Right now while writing this post, i'm thinking of how organize my quests, archiviements and how to create my character. 

I have to say that now i'm full of positive attidudine and mentality. In the last 3 month a have made more progress than in the past 5 years, increasing my running time from 15m to 28m in just two month! 

So, after reading level up your life i have decided to join the rebellion, not only for improving my body but also for meeting new friends and increasing my social sphere, which is a pretty difficult task for me. But why the hell not? I have nothing to lose, from this point my life can only get better.

I hope to meet other people that are improving their life as well, and why not, maybe some friends

P.s I'm pretty sure that a lot of English was killed during the writing of this post, but who cares. I was trying to write the perfect introduction for several days without success. Something is always better than nothing :D

• Like 2

"A single spark of passion can change a man forever
A moment in a lifetime is all it takes to break it"

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1lpKBtgNBhB25X29RhKQVD5QgbYu0xAo3Bbfzpsj4YOc/edit#gid=0 - My Life Roadmap, updating :D

I feel the same way about a lot of the things you mentioned! I suffered from really black depression for about 5 years and lived mostly in my head. I had some big changes in my life that could have made it all worse but instead I took them as opportunities to make my life better and am finally happy. 

I also too kept trying to make the perfect first post haha! I think the point is to just put down something to get the ball rolling :D. 

Can't wait to see what quests you set yourself :)

Hi Artem,

welcome, I'm new here too. I love your story and I'll be following your journey. Before I started school I used to like to draw. I discovered Zentangle and I would doodle every night, then I started school and homework took over my life. I finished school last month and I still haven't picked up a pen. I need to do that. Good luck, I'm sure you'll find friendship and companions here, the group is just amazing.

J3NN

Current Challenge || Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17  18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

Hi Artem and welcome!  Congrats on your progress so far and I believe you will find the community (and even friends) that you are seeking.

Current Challenge: TBD

Past Challenges: Road to Redemption  Spartan! 006 Triwizard Wonder (1/2) Bourne Foundations Storyteller

"Come stay a while and listen" - Deckard

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to us." - Gandalf