30 Kettlebell Swings
30 Stair Climbs
30 Squat Jumps
30 Reverse Sit-Ups
30 Bench Dips
30 High Plank Shoulder Taps
15 Burpees

"Make it more OCR"

Do the workout at the midpoint of your daily run.

Well I only did 4 rounds total and the WOW time for those was just over 40 minutes. I was worried that I would hurt myself if I did another round.

-3 rounds of that bastard
-30 minute jog/walk: (TM Training Program)
      (1 min run, 30 sec walk)
-1 more round of that fucking bastard

I had to stop and rest a lot in order to keep myself from puking. Continuously drank all of the water on the face of the earth so that I wouldn't faint. I didn't die though, so that's good. I definitely would have if I tried to do the entire 5 rounds without the 30 minute jog break.

Btw, fuck squat jumps. And burpees can go to hell.

There I had my rant but I also know that I needed to do that. Now I have a really good picture of what I am capable of. Quite honestly I surprised myself I thought I would only be able to do 3 rounds. I don't think I am going to do it again though. I am just going to stick with the TM program the next OCR WOW comes up.

Sunday I am doing a much more chill workout,

25-20-15-10-5 reps of:

Mountain Climbers, Jump Lunges and Flutter Kicks

I'll record how long it takes me but I will probably do it at a slow pace.

Then some pull-up/chin-up progressions

• Like 2

Adventurous Druid Ranger

Pain is inevitable, suffering is a choice.

Current Challenge: Sober September, and probably longer.

I did not do the workout yesterday because we had a big scare with grandpa. I was at the hospital the entire day.

He is ok this morning so if he stays good then I will find a time and place to do it. I am carrying my gym clothes everywhere with me and wearing my tennis shoes.

Homework and grandpa come first though.

Let's see how this goes....

Adventurous Druid Ranger

Yep. Grandpa wanted a nap so I went to my university gym before my evening class started while other family members came to the hospital after he was well rested.

25-20-15-10-5 reps of:

Mountain Climbers, Jump Lunges and Flutter Kicks

Time: 9 min 34 seconds

Like I said before. I went at a slow pace this time. Which is good because you can't gain anything just by flipping through the moves as fast as possible.

My right hamstring was in some decent pain during jump lunges so I switched to sumo squats instead.

Towards the end I was not getting that hard work on my abs with the mountain climbers so I did the plank side steps instead.

I ended the day with a pull-up/chin-up progression with 5 second dead hangs.

Now my upper back is sore. UGH!

• Like 1

Adventurous Druid Ranger

I was going to do this yesterday but I am starting to lose motivation. But I did it this morning. Tomorrow's workout will be a little more intense.

CONDITIONING
15 minute +20 sec circuit:
8x Jump Lunges
10x V Ups
15x Bench Dips

7 Rounds (I added the 20 seconds to get a full 7 rounds in)

I skipped yoga all week. Tonight calls for a personal session at least.

My mom and her brothers are saying grandpa is on his last stride. He is not in hospice but everything that is being done at this point is palliative.

This stress with grandpa, school and work is inhibiting my motivation. We have always been going through stuff here and there through grandpa's house but now it's really starting to get more extreme. We have a bed set up for him in case he says he wants to die at home. It's a little surreal seeing it. But at the same time, peaceful. I guess. Perhaps we will all have better closure with the way things are going.

Ok, there is my little contemplative spiel.

Adventurous Druid Ranger

I am supposed to do this with a partner but Mr. Man is working during the only time I can workout today.

CONDITIONING
With a partner:
Complete 5 rounds for time:
Partner 1) Run 400m
Partner 2) Max reps of:
V Ups - 15
Push ups - 20 (Knee)
Air Squats - Remaining time
A round is complete when both partners me and myself have completed the run.

Time: It took me about 2 min 30 secs on average to run 400m so I took that amount of time to do the body weight portion (2.5 x 2 x 5 = 25 min)

Adventurous Druid Ranger

Today I was supposed to do:

Obstacle Racers WOW #3 (3 rounds)

10 Push-Ups: Try to get as much depth as possible to maximize your return for the effort. 

20 Reverse Lunges: Body-weight only.
10 Plank Push-Ups: Alternate between high-low planks.
20 Squats: Body-weight only.
10 Narrow Push-Ups: Diamond Push-Ups
20 Mountain Climbers: That's 20 each leg.
10 Walking Push-Ups. High plank move to one side, push-up, move to other side, push-up (that's 2 reps)
20 Squat Jumps: Because you love them.
10 Dive-Bomber Push-Ups: Hold a Downward Dog pose and lower head with arms.
20 Lunge Jumps. That's 10 each leg
10 Burpees. You're welcome.
Flutter Kicks - 30 seconds

How I did it:

1st round
Yoga session
2nd round

Did not do a 3rd round because I did not have enough time. But I will probably do one tomorrow because it will be rattling my brain.

I actually look forward to doing this again on Wednesday!

• Like 1

Adventurous Druid Ranger

Yesterday was WOW #3 again but only 2 rounds.

My mental insecurities are getting to me. I had to stop because I feel like I have not made any progress.

I realized my push-up form was wrong and when I tried to do it the proper way I realized now I am back to square one.

Grandpa was moved to a nursing home that is 1 hr away from my house. My uncle lives nearby but I really don't feel comfortable with him being so far away. 

My depression and anxiety are at a high level lately. I think I need to stop drinking at least for the remainder of the semester. I am trying to finish writing my thesis proposal and get a lot of paperwork done so that I can start actually working on my research over the summer.

I am also debating on applying to different schools to start my PhD right after completing my Master's. I originally planned to work for a few years before starting the PhD but my mentor has been trying to convince me to get it done as soon as possible so that I can start my personal life (that annoyingly patronizing yet natural inclination to get pregnant before you turn 40).

My head has been going a mile a minute and can't just focus on my thesis proposal for a long enough period of time.

Therefore, I need to try to pick up meditation again. That's my conclusion and my solution.

Adventurous Druid Ranger