Let's Talk About Pets

Okay, I think it's a serious crime that there's no thread about pets, so I'm here to help. lol

What kind of pets do you all have? Feel free to share pictures too!

As for me, we have 3 huskies at my house. We also have quite a few cats because we rescue strays, so I won't torture you all with a flood of cat pics.

Forgive the quality of the first two pics; they're my mom's and she's not the best photographer.

Their names are Aurora, Lali, and Aria respectively. Aria likes to make ridiculous faces, and she's a huge goof.

10403629_948871995132568_38348064148510713725004_1248228321863599_8813767313810913063344_1186306618055770_73351799852026

• Like 6

Current Challenge:

Arkham Origins

They are so beautiful. If I had the money, I would have a complete Noah's ark, I want everything to love <3

Right now it's just me catcat against the world. We pretty much just cuddle all day and night. His real name is Odo ( Star Trek Ds9 ) because cats make me think of World of warcraft druids, and druids make me think of shape-shifting, and shape shifting makes me think of Odo. I'm totally sane :P

Day cat - Night cat - Same cat - Always with cat

Cat on Cat 2016.jpg20151104_232932.jpg

• Like 2

* Peace and long life *

Half Vulcan, Halfway there.

Facebook - Fitbit  - Quests

PM for email details

Hah this is great! We've got a husky named Atlas, who sincerely believes he is the most awesome thing around.

97ee6f53b2d8d9e3d9330288d16aea21.jpg

And it's kind of obvious that may indeed be just that lol

eb04d8bda45f4fb5a433596864ec4381.jpg623fd62dddd2a17c1638ae63a5bd72cd.jpg

And we also have a pair of cats (Starbuck and Boomer) we took in after their mum decided to run in the house and have em all in the closet lol

They've all got bonuses to charisma and derping, it's an interesting combo.

Level 2 Lycan Assassin

STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 2 | CON 3 | WIS 5 | CHA 4

@Rippleberry What a cutie! Cuddly cats are the best. I think your train of thought for his name totally makes sense. I think of things in a roundabout way like that too. :D

I totally feel you on wanting an ark, though. One of my dreams in life is to run an animal rescue because I have so much love to give to all kinds of pets. lol

@Fenyx Ahh, Atlas is totally gorgeous! I've always wanted a longer haired husky like that, but all of ours always end up having the short hair when they grow up. Love the kitties too! The family resemblance is very strong. We have some cats that are siblings and they all look nothing alike. haha

• Like 1

Current Challenge:

Arkham Origins

We got lucky with his wooly coat lol, the lady we got him from is very good at determining if they've got the wooly coat or normal. And the cats litter was so varied too! Those two definitely had the same two parents for sure though lol, but the rest look nothing alike. And Starbuck has extra toes. They were a fun bunch!

There's a rescue called cats on kings hill, or something like that, which has hundreds of cats all free roaming the property, all up for adoption, with a forever home there if no one does adopt em. Such an awesome concept!

• Like 1

Level 2 Lycan Assassin

I'm very jealous that so many people have huskies, but I do love my dogs. I only have pics of one, though:

minnie2.thumb.jpg.a27196407bb32bed8457e425cb390f80.jpg

This is Minnie. She is an Australian Shepherd mix. I also have a terrier mix named Sugar and two cats, Mittens and Ashes. Sugar was a stray that we took in. Mittens was found in a box with other kittens next to a dumpster. Ashes and Minnie were given to us by friends who would have taken them to the pound if they couldn't find a home.

• Like 2

Who am I? -- My NF Character

Current Challenge: WolfDreamer Enters Spartan Training

Past Challenges: 

Spoiler

Winter is ComingWolfen Strengthens His Heart, Body, Mind, and Spirit, Wolfen Becomes One of the PeopleWolfen Strengthens His ChakrasWolfen Welcomes Summer and Gets Primal, Soulcon and Spartan, Wolfen Develops Mental ToughnessWolfen Joins the Wander SocietySoulcon, Spartan, School, and Stranger ThingsWolfen Becomes a Warrior EliteWolfen Goes Here and There and Back AgainWolfen Becomes a Soulcon Warrior EliteWolfen Returns to His RootsWolfen Wanders in Soul, Spirit, and BodyWolfen Owns the DayWolfen Searches for His Wild Heart, Wolfen Runs for His LifeWolfen Hits the TrailsWolfen Becomes an Explorer and Joins the ResistanceWolfen Goes Back to the SourceWolfen Begins the Hero's JourneyWolfDreamer Returns to the People,  WolfDreamer Pushes BackWolfDreamer PrioritizesBurpees, Books, and BrainworkBurpees, Books, Brainwork, and BodyworkWolfDreamer Masters the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Continues to Master the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Returns to SpartaWolfDreamer Returns to Middle EarthWolfDreamer Continues His Middle Earth AdventureWolfDreamer and the FallWolfDreamer Forges His Own PathWolfDreamer Has HopeWolfDreamer Returns to Middle EarthWolfDreamer Reads Harder, Breathes Harder, and Journals MoreWolfDreamer Embraces His Wild PoetThe Mad Poet Becomes SupernaturalWolfDreamer, The Mad Poet, Becomes SuperhumanWolfDreamer ElevatesWolfDreamer Becomes IronBornWolfDreamer Wakes the White WolfThe Mad Poet Recovers by Keeping it SimpleWolfDreamer Clears His Mind to Find His Wild HeartWolfDreamer ResetsWolfDreamer Strives to Become an Eminently Qualified Peaceful WarriorWolfDreamer Springs ForwardWolfDreamer Returns (For Real This Time)WolfDreamer is RespaWinningWolfDreamer RebootsWolfDreamer Thinks About the Roman Empire

I'd rather sing one wild song and burst my heart with it, than live a thousand years watching my digestion and being afraid of the wet.” -- Jack London

“I wanted movement and not a calm course of existence. I wanted excitement and danger and the chance to sacrifice myself for my love.” -- Leo Tolstoy

"I feel love rising in my chest again
Rising like a burning sun into the day..." -- Gungor, "Hurricane"

"...wherever the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom." 2 Corinthians 3:17b

@Fenyx

I've heard a bit about that place! I would love to do something like that, not just for cats, but for all sorts of animals. I especially would love to rescue reptiles because I know they're often mistreated because people don't realize the effort it takes to properly raise them. Having a huge area for reptiles to roam around freely would be so cool.

@Wolfen

She's beautiful! I really like Australian Shepherds. One of our cats is named Mittens too! He's grey, but his front feet are white making it look like he is wearing little mittens. lol 

• Like 1

Current Challenge:

Arkham Origins

@wolfen I'm honestly so surprised at all the huskies I see lately! Your pup is definitely one with a face I'd seriously fawn over though lol

@Arkham, a hill for reptiles would be pretty cool. It's one of the most "moved" pets through a few of the rehoming sites in my area. They can be such cool critters to have around too, it's a shame that people don't research them like most would when determining what kind of dog would be the best for their lifestyle.

Level 2 Lycan Assassin

2 hours ago, Arkham said:

I've heard a bit about that place! I would love to do something like that, not just for cats, but for all sorts of animals. I especially would love to rescue reptiles because I know they're often mistreated because people don't realize the effort it takes to properly raise them. Having a huge area for reptiles to roam around freely would be so cool.

Ugh!  You have no idea!  Even people who genuinely love their pets are often oblivious about proper husbandry. It doesn't help the pet shops often give bad/wrong advice, if they give any at all, when selling an animal. 

I think that there really should be a  greater responsibility placed on pet shops to check that new owners have the right information before selling an animal.  But then, when you see how some shops keep their exotics...  I don't know about elsewhere but in the UK the RSPCA doesn't seem to care much about reptiles. We have reported a pet shop in Edinburgh for the way they kept snakes after we received a snake from them that was severely stressed and underweight. I don't think anything ever came of it, they're not cute or furry so who cares, right? :angry: 

• Like 2

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

7 hours ago, Arkham said:

He's grey, but his front feet are white making it look like he is wearing little mittens.

Our Mittens is also gray, but with little white feet...mittens. :-)

Who am I? -- My NF Character

Current Challenge: WolfDreamer Enters Spartan Training

Past Challenges: 

Spoiler

Winter is ComingWolfen Strengthens His Heart, Body, Mind, and Spirit, Wolfen Becomes One of the PeopleWolfen Strengthens His ChakrasWolfen Welcomes Summer and Gets Primal, Soulcon and Spartan, Wolfen Develops Mental ToughnessWolfen Joins the Wander SocietySoulcon, Spartan, School, and Stranger ThingsWolfen Becomes a Warrior EliteWolfen Goes Here and There and Back AgainWolfen Becomes a Soulcon Warrior EliteWolfen Returns to His RootsWolfen Wanders in Soul, Spirit, and BodyWolfen Owns the DayWolfen Searches for His Wild Heart, Wolfen Runs for His LifeWolfen Hits the TrailsWolfen Becomes an Explorer and Joins the ResistanceWolfen Goes Back to the SourceWolfen Begins the Hero's JourneyWolfDreamer Returns to the People,  WolfDreamer Pushes BackWolfDreamer PrioritizesBurpees, Books, and BrainworkBurpees, Books, Brainwork, and BodyworkWolfDreamer Masters the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Continues to Master the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Returns to SpartaWolfDreamer Returns to Middle EarthWolfDreamer Continues His Middle Earth AdventureWolfDreamer and the FallWolfDreamer Forges His Own PathWolfDreamer Has HopeWolfDreamer Returns to Middle EarthWolfDreamer Reads Harder, Breathes Harder, and Journals MoreWolfDreamer Embraces His Wild PoetThe Mad Poet Becomes SupernaturalWolfDreamer, The Mad Poet, Becomes SuperhumanWolfDreamer ElevatesWolfDreamer Becomes IronBornWolfDreamer Wakes the White WolfThe Mad Poet Recovers by Keeping it SimpleWolfDreamer Clears His Mind to Find His Wild HeartWolfDreamer ResetsWolfDreamer Strives to Become an Eminently Qualified Peaceful WarriorWolfDreamer Springs ForwardWolfDreamer Returns (For Real This Time)WolfDreamer is RespaWinningWolfDreamer RebootsWolfDreamer Thinks About the Roman Empire

I'd rather sing one wild song and burst my heart with it, than live a thousand years watching my digestion and being afraid of the wet.” -- Jack London

“I wanted movement and not a calm course of existence. I wanted excitement and danger and the chance to sacrifice myself for my love.” -- Leo Tolstoy

"I feel love rising in my chest again
Rising like a burning sun into the day..." -- Gungor, "Hurricane"

"...wherever the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom." 2 Corinthians 3:17b

@Guzzi

Ugh, I absolutely hate how big chain pet stores keep their exotic animals, not just reptiles. Reptiles are usually the worst though, being stuck in those tiny little cubicles with maybe 5 or 6 other reptiles in the same cube. It's heartbreaking really, and it seems like all of them get fed the same useless dried pellet food. I see live bugs in some of the tanks on rare occasions, and then I hardly ever see any fruits/veggies for the reptiles who eat those. They maybe have a single leaf of lettuce if they're lucky. And don't even get me started on the chinchillas... I could go ranting on for days. haha There's a locally owned pet store here in my town who takes wonderful care of all the animals they sell. They even pet sit people's reptiles when they go on vacation, and they're so amazing. Very caring people overall, and very well versed on all types of animals. We need more pet stores like that.

Your snake family is so beautiful by the way. Is the green one an Emerald Tree Boa? Their color is absolutely stunning.

@Wolfen

Ahh, how funny! I'll have to try to take a picture of our Mittens to post here, but all of our cats seem totally disinterested in taking photos. They'll do anything to make a picture look bad. lol

• Like 1

Current Challenge:

Arkham Origins

@guzzi I had no idea you had so many snakes! I think they are cool, but they still freak me out.

Here are my two little ones. Selina Kyle (left) and Salem Saberhagen (right). Just celebrated their 3 year adoptiversary on Sunday.

df458774c7e5d7299250f59c66baed51.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

• Like 1

"You won't find your answers by looking to the stars. It's a journey you'll have to take by looking inside yourself. You must write your destiny..." Christopher Reeve as Dr. Virgil Swann

Current challenge

Old Challenges: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th9th, 10th11th, 12th, 13th, 14th

Fitbit
Forum Battle Log

@hurley8604 - Awwww!  Those two are so cute! :love_heart:

Yeah, we have 25 snakes.  Everything from cornsnakes, to boas, carpet pythons, one green tree python, one blood python, and the big dude is Vinnie, our reticulated python.  Hes only just over a year and a half old so he's got plenty more growing to do yet, lol!  Very soon it's going to be a two man job to take him out or handle him.  

bigstock-frightened-woman-looking-at-ca-

It will be fun, honest.  Gulp 

• Like 1

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

1 hour ago, Arkham said:

@Guzzi

25!! Wow! O: That sounds like a dream come true for me. haha I'd love to have that many snakes, but it's just not realistic for me to do that at this point (or maybe ever because my bf is scared of snakes. xD) I'd love to see Vinnie when he's full grown! He'll be a big guy for sure. lol

He's lovely, he has the sweetest nature and hes a shy boy.  When you take him out he actually wants to cuddle up to you, and no, not as in he wraps himself around you and squeezes tight, lol!  :D  He likes to lie on the floor and rest his head in the crook of your neck.  

Obviously there are risks in keeping a snake that size but it's mostly that when you feed him there's a chance of him missing the prey item and latching onto you by mistake, or getting startled when you put your hand in the viv and thinking your hand is prey.  But in reality those things are pretty rare when you know what you're doing, and even if it did happen there's always two of us there, and some neat alcohol to make him release.  If Vinnie is ever acting in a way that suggested he is hungry/looking for food then we rub his head/neck with a pole when we open his viv, we've done this since he was little so he knows that means it's a person, not food that's coming.  

He's a very placid natured snake anyway, he rarely strikes for his food, preferring to just eat it off a tray, and in his 1.5 years he's only struck at either of us once.  He barely even made contact, just a tiny "bump", as if by the time he'd gotten close enough he realised "this doesn't smell like rabbit..." and stopped himself.  I've noticed this with the other breeds of snake too, they will strike thinking you are food but they never latch on and try to constrict.  They let go instantly, realising that you're not food the instant they touch you.  I've bee "tagged" like this by a couple of different snakes and I can honestly tell you that it doesn't hurt, even the bigger snakes.  It would be a different story if they held on and started to constrict though...  That would hurt. :D 

• Like 1

@Guzzi

Aww, he sounds like a total sweetheart. I've never owned a snake before, only lizards, but I really want to get one. I always see cute videos online of people with their snakes, and I'm like "ugh I wish that could be me!"

One of my friends has about 10 snakes, and I always love coming over to see them. She has a beautiful albino corn snake that I just love to death. Haha

As cool as it would be to have a snake as big as Vinnie, I don't think I ever could. Lol At least not in this house. There's not nearly enough space. xD

• Like 2

Current Challenge:

Arkham Origins

I have 3 beautiful cats named Milo, Maisie, and Taffy. You may see a name similarity between two things... Very sorry there is no pictures, I actually got some decent ones

but trying to upload them was a complete fail. Had to restart my computer 3 times after, don't ask... lol.

If you ever feel scared to do something really fun, just do it. Do it today. then say "What the hell did I just do."

23 hours ago, Taffythecat said:

I have 3 beautiful cats named Milo, Maisie, and Taffy. You may see a name similarity between two things... Very sorry there is no pictures, I actually got some decent ones

but trying to upload them was a complete fail. Had to restart my computer 3 times after, don't ask... lol.

Do you know you can't upload directly onto here?  You have to use a photo sharing app like flkr or photobucket and post the lilt to the image.  That might have been the problem. 

• Like 1

On 15/02/2017 at 5:03 PM, Arkham said:

As cool as it would be to have a snake as big as Vinnie, I don't think I ever could. Lol At least not in this house. There's not nearly enough space. xD

There isn't enough in this house either! :D:D:D 

• Like 1

Paging @shaar because caaaaaaaaaaats!

Here's my little bugger

• Like 2

Lvl 60 Multitasker

Baking (2)🧁, Charisma (4), Cooking (6)🍳🍳🍳🍳Fitness (1)💪,  Gourmet Cooking (2)👨‍🍳👨‍🍳, Handiness (0), Media Production (6)🎬, Mixology (3)🍸, Research & Debate (1),  Video Gaming (3), Wellness (1)💆‍♂️