Jump to content

Suzaqu is back for 2017!


Suzaqu

Recommended Posts

Saturday:

 

Good day so far :) I decided that I am taking a vacation day and joining the Day Without Women on Wednesday, since I am privileged enough to be able to take a day off, I'm gonna do it! I also bought a "nevertheless she persisted" shirt and I hope it comes in time! I was feeling pumped up with woman power and when I was doing my S&S I felt so good that I did 80/100 swings at 35lbs, and 8/10TGUs at 25lbs. I could tell my technique was suffering at the end of both, but it was awesome to do it! I think I'll go back to the 60 and 6 next round, but I'm glad I tried.

 

I also swept and did mobility and came here :) 

 

Math:2+1+1+1=5

Total: 119

 

Week 3 wrap-up:

This was a really good week, especially in terms of working out a lot. As I discussed earlier, I think I'm going to eat a bit more on the days that I workout, bumping it up about 100 calories so I have more energy. I still haven't done any of the math, and in order to get my 150 points, I'm definitely going to have to. We're going out of town on Friday afternoon so I really only have 5.5 days left (5.63 points per day).

 

Speaking of going out of town, we're doing a long weekend in Charlotte, NC. Anyone ever been there/have fun things to do there? I haven't really done any planning yet (oops)!

  • Like 1

Current Challenge

24 | 23 | 22 | 21 | 20 | 19 | 18 | 17 | 16 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1 

 

Link to post

More Saturday:

 

I just did 2 pages of mathing! I don't know if I fully understand them, but I figured out a plan of attack, and dug up my old notes from my masters that are probably relevant to the topic. 

 

Total: 121

  • Like 2

Current Challenge

24 | 23 | 22 | 21 | 20 | 19 | 18 | 17 | 16 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1 

 

Link to post

Sunday:

Found a new brewery with my husband and drank a lot of delicious beer! So not a dry day (and we'll see how calories end up) but I had a lot of fun. I did do S&S post beer flights (and pre going out for cuban food for dinner) and did it with the heavy 60 swings and 6TGUs and felt good :) I also did mobility and sweeping so far. I'm not sure if I'll get a chance to check in later today, so I wanted to post what I've done so far. Happy weekend everyone!

Math 1+2+1+1=5

Total=126

  • Like 3

Current Challenge

24 | 23 | 22 | 21 | 20 | 19 | 18 | 17 | 16 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1 

 

Link to post

Beer and Cuban food and S&S and mobility~~~~~ Love. 

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

Link to post
On 3/4/2017 at 6:08 PM, Suzaqu said:

Why thank you :) I learned by watching a lot of youtube videos and reading about how other people do the looks. A few years ago I went slightly crazy and bought a ton of loose pigment eyeshadows from assorted tiny companies and I realized that I needed to learn how to use them. I think it's only in the past few months I've figured it out. It's all about the right base and patting, not blending normally is what I've found so far :)

 

please share your perfect base? I have the same pile of tons of loose pigment eyeshadows and I've been using a bunch of them fairly regularly, but still find them wearing off by mid-end of day. do I just have unreasonable expectations for how long makeup should last?

2014! #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 2015! #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | 2016! #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 | #23 | 2017! #24 | #25 | #26 | #27 | #28 | #29 | #30 | #31 | #32 | #33 | 2018! #34 | #35 | #36 | #37v1 | #37v2 | 2019! #38 | #39 | #40reference materials | academy battle log

 

mermaid ninja assassin. on a motorcycle. with swords. and knitting needles. and kittens.

 

Link to post
8 hours ago, raptron said:

Beer and Cuban food and S&S and mobility~~~~~ Love. 

It was a very very good day :) I did end up going over on calories, and I blame the (totally worth it) tres leches cake!

Current Challenge

24 | 23 | 22 | 21 | 20 | 19 | 18 | 17 | 16 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1 

 

Link to post
4 hours ago, karinajean said:

 

please share your perfect base? I have the same pile of tons of loose pigment eyeshadows and I've been using a bunch of them fairly regularly, but still find them wearing off by mid-end of day. do I just have unreasonable expectations for how long makeup should last?

Mine last through the work day easily. I use UD primer potion first (idk if it's actually necessary, I just use it everyday out of habit) and then I use the NYX eyeshadow base in white. That holds onto the colors really well and makes them pop enough. If I want more shimmer/metallic than I get over the NYX, after I put the color down on the NYX, I use Foil Me from Glamour Doll Eyes over the top and pat on more color.  But I've found it varies a bit from company to company (my super metallic ones are from aromaleigh and actually look best over just the NYX). My favorite overall base is Gravity from Dark Matter Makeup, but I'm out and they have been on hiatus for almost a year. The NYX is similar and a close second (slightly wetter and whiter). 

 

That was probably way too much information, but I have far too much fun with this stuff. Glad to hear I'm not the only one with a dragon hoard of pretty sparkly powders :)

giphy.gif

 

  • Like 1

Current Challenge

24 | 23 | 22 | 21 | 20 | 19 | 18 | 17 | 16 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1 

 

Link to post

Monday:

I did end up going over my calories yesterday, silly tres leches cake :) I did S&S this morning, and was feeling pretty tired because I had done the super heavy S&S the afternoon before. So I did my 60 heavy swings, but only got in 4 heavy TGUs, which was fine by me. I also stood at work and swept and did mobility. I'm not sure about drinking tonight, we'll see how the evening goes. I'm not going to take that point yet.

 

I also found out that there's a walk out planned at work (I work on a college campus) and rally/"teach-in" so I'm getting really excited for Wednesday, and it will be more fun and have more impact than just staying home!

 

Math=-1+2+1+1+1+1=5

Total=131

 

8e9YoFK.gif

  • Like 3

Current Challenge

24 | 23 | 22 | 21 | 20 | 19 | 18 | 17 | 16 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1 

 

Link to post

Sounds like you're doing a good job at balancing out your hard and medium days with S & S.

Wisdom 18   Dexterity 11   Charisma 12   Strength 16  Constitution-12

Elastigirl:Just Living Life , Part II - Current Challenge: February 14 to March 20 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Link to post

Wow those eyeshadow instructions are why I can't do make up!

Good work on the workouts, with and without beer ;-)

I hadn't heard of the Wednesday thing - sounds like it'll feel like it means more if you can get to that organised thing rather than stay at home :-)

Link to post
6 hours ago, LouCarJo said:

Wow those eyeshadow instructions are why I can't do make up!

Good work on the workouts, with and without beer ;-)

I hadn't heard of the Wednesday thing - sounds like it'll feel like it means more if you can get to that organised thing rather than stay at home :-)

Those crazy instructions are only for the loose pigments I promise :) Other make up stuff is much easier, which is why I own far too much :)

 

Thanks, I did end up going with the beer last night after some point math. And it was so tasty.

 

Yep, I'm excited for the gathering, even though it will mean braving the campus bus system for the first time!

 

 

12 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Sounds like you're doing a good job at balancing out your hard and medium days with S & S.

Thanks :) I've been rereading Pavel (or at least parts of it) and have been liking his views on transitioning up to a new bell. I appreciate that it's okay to be a bit chaotic in it and not doing everything in a linear, planned fashion.

 

Oooooo! I just noticed your new "kettlebell superhero" title, congratulations!

  • Like 1

Current Challenge

24 | 23 | 22 | 21 | 20 | 19 | 18 | 17 | 16 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1 

 

Link to post
3 hours ago, Suzaqu said:

Oooooo! I just noticed your new "kettlebell superhero" title, congratulations!

Thanks! I  had no idea what you were talking about when you said this. Then I looked at my name, and what do you know. :lol: I am an official Kettlebell Superhero is seems.:)

  • Like 2

Wisdom 18   Dexterity 11   Charisma 12   Strength 16  Constitution-12

Elastigirl:Just Living Life , Part II - Current Challenge: February 14 to March 20 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Link to post

AH! Primer/base makes so much sense. I also have a bunch of loose eyeshadow just chilling in my makeup drawer because I would just get it everywhere. XD 

 

 

  • Like 1

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

Link to post

thank you for the reccs! I had forgotten I'm doing a no-spend march (CONVENIENTLY) so I wrote down your reccs in my "I WANT TO BUY" column. I have a primer that I rarely use, maybe I just need to use it more. Mostly, I put on creme eyeliner and then with a stiff bristled brush I overlay the loose eyeshadow onto / into the eyeliner. If I do anything beyond line my eyes it creases up and vanishes really quickly! but I would love to have eyeshadow that actually stays the course.

 

aromaleigh was also my gateway into loose eyeshadow.

  • Like 1

2014! #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 2015! #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | 2016! #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 | #23 | 2017! #24 | #25 | #26 | #27 | #28 | #29 | #30 | #31 | #32 | #33 | 2018! #34 | #35 | #36 | #37v1 | #37v2 | 2019! #38 | #39 | #40reference materials | academy battle log

 

mermaid ninja assassin. on a motorcycle. with swords. and knitting needles. and kittens.

 

Link to post

OOOOH MAKEUPS TALK. THIS IS A THING I KNOW. Urban Decay Primer Potion does not love my ridiculously oily eyelids. Too Faced Shadow Insurance however is PERFECTION for me. I recommend that trying both might be a good bet to see which works better for your particular eyelids. (I think the UD Primer Potion you can get in a travel size though and the Too Faced shadow insurance they only have a full size right now. Lame!) You could Maybe ask a Sephora to make a sample of each for you?

 

If I don't use primer my eyeshadow won't last more than an hour or two...How it is that I have greasy ridiculous eyelids BUT my skin everywhere else on my face is stupidly dry I do not know buuuut yeah.....

 

I had to learn how to make this shit last because dance performer. Basically all my makeup dorkery started out because I started performing and had to do ALL TEH MAKEUP and then I realized how fun it is and yeaaaah.

 

Also, setting spray is magic. I own an actual thing intended for that now, but old drag queen trick I learned from friends is HAIRSPRAY THAT ISH and it will survive a ridiculous sweat-tastic 4 hours of dance show (aka will survive a normal day just fine hahahahaha.) And uh..make sure you close your eyes when doing this. AND don't breathe in while spraying. =P

  • Like 2

Assassin extraordinaire!!

Current Challenge

 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34

                                               35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41

Link to post

I never even knew there was such a thing as eye shadow primer:redface-new:

  • Like 1

Wisdom 18   Dexterity 11   Charisma 12   Strength 16  Constitution-12

Elastigirl:Just Living Life , Part II - Current Challenge: February 14 to March 20 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

Link to post
24 minutes ago, Elastigirl said:

I never even knew there was such a thing as eye shadow primer:redface-new:

 

It is magic! (or SCIENCE!)

  • Like 2

Assassin extraordinaire!!

Current Challenge

 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34

                                               35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41

Link to post
8 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Thanks! I  had no idea what you were talking about when you said this. Then I looked at my name, and what do you know. :lol: I am an official Kettlebell Superhero is seems.:)

Yay! Definitely deserved! And I'm glad that I'm not so far behind the times that I missed it :)

Current Challenge

24 | 23 | 22 | 21 | 20 | 19 | 18 | 17 | 16 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1 

 

Link to post
8 hours ago, raptron said:

AH! Primer/base makes so much sense. I also have a bunch of loose eyeshadow just chilling in my makeup drawer because I would just get it everywhere. XD 

 

 

I definitely have spilled one before...that was fun to clean up! Primer at least keeps the glitter off of my cheeks :)

 

5 hours ago, karinajean said:

thank you for the reccs! I had forgotten I'm doing a no-spend march (CONVENIENTLY) so I wrote down your reccs in my "I WANT TO BUY" column. I have a primer that I rarely use, maybe I just need to use it more. Mostly, I put on creme eyeliner and then with a stiff bristled brush I overlay the loose eyeshadow onto / into the eyeliner. If I do anything beyond line my eyes it creases up and vanishes really quickly! but I would love to have eyeshadow that actually stays the course.

 

aromaleigh was also my gateway into loose eyeshadow.

Nice, I always forget I can use shadow as liner, I love the idea of putting it over cream liner! GDE was my gateway, but I have far too many favs now. Hopefully the recs help in April, good luck on the no spend, that sounds hard! I've only ever done no spend in categories (cough, makeup) never overall.

 

58 minutes ago, dancezwithkittehz said:

OOOOH MAKEUPS TALK. THIS IS A THING I KNOW. Urban Decay Primer Potion does not love my ridiculously oily eyelids. Too Faced Shadow Insurance however is PERFECTION for me. I recommend that trying both might be a good bet to see which works better for your particular eyelids. (I think the UD Primer Potion you can get in a travel size though and the Too Faced shadow insurance they only have a full size right now. Lame!) You could Maybe ask a Sephora to make a sample of each for you?

 

If I don't use primer my eyeshadow won't last more than an hour or two...How it is that I have greasy ridiculous eyelids BUT my skin everywhere else on my face is stupidly dry I do not know buuuut yeah.....

 

I have dry skin too, and  I think I have dry eyelids, but not quite as dry as my skin. I've never tried the Too Faced, though I know many people who swear by it. Ditto on the sephora sample recommendation, if i'm gonna pay that much for a tiny tube, samples are necessary. 

 

55 minutes ago, Elastigirl said:

I never even knew there was such a thing as eye shadow primer:redface-new:

It's craziness. I didn't know about it for years, despite also doing makeup for dance. I got a sample with a palette, and I never went back.

30 minutes ago, dancezwithkittehz said:

 

It is magic! (or SCIENCE!)

Magic science!

  • Like 2

Current Challenge

24 | 23 | 22 | 21 | 20 | 19 | 18 | 17 | 16 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1 

 

Link to post

Tuesday!

I was wondering why there were so many notifications on my thread, yay makeup talk! 

I did my standing, sweeping, mobility, and non-drinking thing. I did S&S as well this evening. I did it while I was cooking dinner, and it was a long process (we'll see if it's worth it, the butter chicken is still on the stove), so I think I might have been hungry/low energy. I decided to do it full at low weight, but to really focus on speed and technique. My butt is feeling it! I have the extra 100 calories, I just need to figure out what to use it on

Math = 1+1+1+1+1+2=7

Total: 138 (so close!)

  • Like 3

Current Challenge

24 | 23 | 22 | 21 | 20 | 19 | 18 | 17 | 16 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1 

 

Link to post

All this talk makes me want to play more with makeup! It's just such a conflict of interest, on one side it's really fun, on the other I'm so lazy. :P Lazy usually wins. Maybe I should introduce non-casual Friday. :D 

 

@karinajean do you have a habit of touching your face? My makeup tends to disappear very quickly unless I use primer simply because I start rubbing my eyes when they get tired...

  • Like 1
Link to post
22 minutes ago, Mad Hatter said:

All this talk makes me want to play more with makeup! It's just such a conflict of interest, on one side it's really fun, on the other I'm so lazy. :P Lazy usually wins. Maybe I should introduce non-casual Friday. :D 

 

@karinajean do you have a habit of touching your face? My makeup tends to disappear very quickly unless I use primer simply because I start rubbing my eyes when they get tired...

I feel you there :) I was unemployed for 6ish months and that gave me enough time to play and figure out how to do it more quickly. I love the idea of non-casual friday :) 

Current Challenge

24 | 23 | 22 | 21 | 20 | 19 | 18 | 17 | 16 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1 

 

Link to post

Because this has become the makeup thread (which I love) here are my eyeballs today:

5sLQ5KE.jpg?1

 

Light red with a blue shift on the lid (in honor of women's day) and some neutrals in the crease to deepen it.

  • Like 1

Current Challenge

24 | 23 | 22 | 21 | 20 | 19 | 18 | 17 | 16 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1 

 

Link to post
16 minutes ago, Mad Hatter said:

So pretty!

 

I actually don't mind the time it takes to put on. At least if I don't have to do it every day. That would suck. But I hate having to take it off in the evening! It takes all of 2 minutes but it feels like such a chore. :P 

Thanks!

 

Ahhhh, I feel that. It seems so hard to do when all I want to do is go to bed. I read somewhere recently "if you have time to put on makeup, you have time to take it off" and that's helped motivate me to remember to take it off. 

Current Challenge

24 | 23 | 22 | 21 | 20 | 19 | 18 | 17 | 16 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1 

 

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines