Suzaqu is back for 2017!

Suzaqu

13 hours ago, dancezwithkittehz said:

OOOOH MAKEUPS TALK. THIS IS A THING I KNOW. Urban Decay Primer Potion does not love my ridiculously oily eyelids. Too Faced Shadow Insurance however is PERFECTION for me. I recommend that trying both might be a good bet to see which works better for your particular eyelids. (I think the UD Primer Potion you can get in a travel size though and the Too Faced shadow insurance they only have a full size right now. Lame!) You could Maybe ask a Sephora to make a sample of each for you?

If I don't use primer my eyeshadow won't last more than an hour or two...How it is that I have greasy ridiculous eyelids BUT my skin everywhere else on my face is stupidly dry I do not know buuuut yeah.....

I had to learn how to make this shit last because dance performer. Basically all my makeup dorkery started out because I started performing and had to do ALL TEH MAKEUP and then I realized how fun it is and yeaaaah.

Also, setting spray is magic. I own an actual thing intended for that now, but old drag queen trick I learned from friends is HAIRSPRAY THAT ISH and it will survive a ridiculous sweat-tastic 4 hours of dance show (aka will survive a normal day just fine hahahahaha.) And uh..make sure you close your eyes when doing this. AND don't breathe in while spraying. =P

OH thank you for the rec! I think I have really greasy eyelids too. My whole face is kind of dry but I just put more and more oil on it because LOLZ why not, my skin manages just fine, and I can avoid lots of plastic packaging. it's SUCH a trial to love makeup and skin care but also hate throwing away packaging.

1 hour ago, Mad Hatter said:

@karinajean do you have a habit of touching your face? My makeup tends to disappear very quickly unless I use primer simply because I start rubbing my eyes when they get tired...

I touch my face a lot (one reason I never got into foundation/powder etc), but I've been really good at learning to never rub my eyes. having hard contact lenses helped with that a lot, because if I rubbed my eyes the contacts would pop out. SO EXCITING.

33 minutes ago, Mad Hatter said:

But I hate having to take it off in the evening! It takes all of 2 minutes but it feels like such a chore. :P 

ummmm I am arguably terrible at washing my face every night, but when I do wash my face, it's just with oil, so that takes the makeup off at the same time easy peasy.  rub in the oil, wipe off with a wet washcloth. live with horribly stained washclothes forever more.

• Like 2

2014! #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 2015! #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | 2016! #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 | #23 | 2017! #24 | #25 | #26 | #27 | #28 | #29 | #30 | #31 | #32 | #33 | 2018! #34 | #35 | #36 | #37v1 | #37v2 | 2019! #38 | #39 | #40reference materials | academy battle log

mermaid ninja assassin. on a motorcycle. with swords. and knitting needles. and kittens.

I am religious about washing my face. SO IMPORTANT to avoid breakouts! I am breakout prone as is even when I do wash daily. I do NOT wash in the AM though as my skin is dry AF and I don't wear makeup to sleep soooo why cleanse, y'know?

This is all the detail I will get into with my growingly longer and more complicated skin care routine. I found Asian skincare and went waaaaaay down the rabbit hole and LOVE IT and my skin is sooo nice and moisturized and happy these days but yeah, I could go on for days on that hahhaha and the TLDR version is test test test things that sound like they would address your particular skin issues and add things in one at a time until you find something that works for you. =P Also, learn the science behind what ingredients do what to help you make decisions! SCIENCE SCIENCE SCIENCE RESEARCH RESEARCH RESEARCH.

Also I am way too lazy to do eyeshadow most days but I somehow can dedicate hours to reading about ingredients and products and streamlining my routine? Lolololol PRIORITIES. Also, I don't care how much I love eye makeup, nothing makes me want to do that at 6am. NOTHING. Because I already don't want to be awake and wake up as late as humanely possible while still managing to leave by 7am (aka I wake up at 6:30 or maaaaybe sometimes even 6:40.) I need to find excuses to put on eyeshadow when I get home, clearly!!!!

• Like 1

Assassin extraordinaire!!

Current Challenge

5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34

35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41

16 minutes ago, dancezwithkittehz said:

found Asian skincare and went waaaaaay down the rabbit hole and LOVE IT and my skin is sooo nice and moisturized and happy

Yeah with Asian skincare it's even more important to read up on the ingredients as so much of it contains really harsh whitening ingredients! Lately I've been on the hunt for products with all natural ingredients, but it's been surprisingly difficult to find specifically what I'm looking for here. 

8 minutes ago, Mad Hatter said:

Yeah with Asian skincare it's even more important to read up on the ingredients as so much of it contains really harsh whitening ingredients! Lately I've been on the hunt for products with all natural ingredients, but it's been surprisingly difficult to find specifically what I'm looking for here. 

Actually Asian beauty stuff is mostly full or really nurturing ingredients and tons of layers of moisture. US skincare on the other hand is mostly terrible and you have a lot of brands making ridiculous claims about things but if you know about how ingredients work you can look at their stuff and realize that no, this is NOT actually going to do anything they say it is and they are using shit ingredients and charging a ton for it. Also US skincare usually is an attempt to magically solve problems fast and improving skin is not something that works that way. It should be gradual improvement over time with gentle ingredients!

Also "whitening" means brightening/evening of the complexion and not actually bleaching, which is a super common misconception. Most of the ingredients that do brightening also do other good things, like niacinamide in addition to brightening and evening skintone also helps restore your skins moisture barrier.

Assassin extraordinaire!!

Current Challenge

5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34

35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41

My bad, I should have put citation marks around whitening. :) Some of the stuff isn't that great though, depending on what country it comes from and its regulations. Either way it's equally crappy marketing. Not necessarily for the regular products, but for the whitening/brightening stuff. It's all so focused on everything that's wrong with you... 

I start work around 10am, so I have enough time in the morning to do my eyeshadow in the morning without waking up early, otherwise it would never happen :)

When it comes to skin care, I'm a Lush girl primarily, though I'm on the search for a new nighttime moisturizer. Any recs?

Current Challenge

24 | 23 | 22 | 21 | 20 | 19 | 18 | 17 | 16 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1 

Wednesday:

It was a good day! We had our walk out and there were workshops around various topics. I ended up in one on race and social justice, which was full of good, honest conversation. They were held outside, and I ended up sitting/squatting on a very low wall for about 3 hours, so my butt is sore/cramping. So I'm skipping the workout for the night. Also sweeping, because I'm on strike :) But I did do mobility (to save my butt muscles), didn't drink, and I made a dentist appointment/found a dentist as my adult thing for the week! I think I'm on track to hit my goal tomorrow!

Math=1+1+1+5=8

Total=146

• Like 6

Current Challenge

24 | 23 | 22 | 21 | 20 | 19 | 18 | 17 | 16 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1 

Thursday:

I'm going to make this quick because it's a busy night. We're leaving tomorrow afternoon for Charlotte, and we're both taking only a half day off, so everything packing/prep needs to get done tonight. I don't think I'll have time to workout tonight, so I'm reporting in now. (I also may or may not post any more until Sunday/Monday, so have a good weekend everyone!)

I stood at work, checked in here, swept, and will do mobility tonight. I may or may not have a beer to deal with packing stress, but either way, I'm at 150 points!!!!!!!!! I did it, yay tea maker!

Math=1+1+1+1

Total=150!

6.+Puppies+are+Running.gif

1.+Flying+Turtle.gif

8980eec9-ceb6-47f5-a3ee-277fa09e6fd1.gif

• Like 5

Current Challenge

YAAAY!

On 3/8/2017 at 7:22 PM, Suzaqu said:

Wednesday:

It was a good day! We had our walk out and there were workshops around various topics. I ended up in one on race and social justice, which was full of good, honest conversation. They were held outside, and I ended up sitting/squatting on a very low wall for about 3 hours, so my butt is sore/cramping. So I'm skipping the workout for the night. Also sweeping, because I'm on strike :) But I did do mobility (to save my butt muscles), didn't drink, and I made a dentist appointment/found a dentist as my adult thing for the week! I think I'm on track to hit my goal tomorrow!

Math=1+1+1+5=8

Total=146

Yesss.

Have a good trip! 

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

Woah so much going on here. Grats on hitting your goals, good luck on the trip, and nice job on the challenge! I'm make-up challenged, haven't worn anything but tinted lip balm since I was 12, but you guys look so gorgeous and sound so smart, talking about it and research and stuff. Keep up the sparkling awesomeness!

Manarelle the Level 55 Amazon Assassin

Gryffindarling and Sith Acolyte, somehow.

Challenges: 1-1011-2021-3031-4041-50, 51-60, Current

Congrats on earning the tea maker and have fun this weekend!

Wisdom 18   Dexterity 11   Charisma 12   Strength 16  Constitution-12

Elastigirl:Just Living Life , Part II - Current Challenge: February 14 to March 20 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

On 3/10/2017 at 6:35 PM, Manarelle said:

Woah so much going on here. Grats on hitting your goals, good luck on the trip, and nice job on the challenge! I'm make-up challenged, haven't worn anything but tinted lip balm since I was 12, but you guys look so gorgeous and sound so smart, talking about it and research and stuff. Keep up the sparkling awesomeness!

Thank you! I got into make up only in the past few years, so I'm loving learning from all the discussion. Also glitter=life :)

• Like 1

Current Challenge

Challenge wrap up!

So the trip was awesome! We had a great time exploring the city and eating all the foods and drinking all the drinks (from tiny taco tapas to wine flights, it was all good!)  I semi tracked calories after the fact and actually stayed rather reasonably around maintenance. 

I got back to a stressful time at work. Our accountant gave 2 weeks notice on Friday and I (though not being an accountant at all) have been named backup until someone is hired. So I have about 1.5 jobs right now and have been approved to take piles of overtime. so the next few weeks will be an adventure!

Overall I hit my 150 points, so the challenge was a success. I think I did especially well at the workout, mobility, checking in and sweeping elements, and I want to keep them going net time. For the standing 1 hour goals and youtube goals, I think those habits are developed and so I'm calling them a win and retiring them for now. I think I want to focus more on the math-ing element next time, and may switch to a time based reward system, instead of page, to make it more rewarding.

Time to go write up the next one!

• Like 4

Current Challenge

19 minutes ago, Suzaqu said:

New challenge (which probably will look very familiar)

source.gif

OMG THIS GIF.

2014! #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 2015! #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | 2016! #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 | #23 | 2017! #24 | #25 | #26 | #27 | #28 | #29 | #30 | #31 | #32 | #33 | 2018! #34 | #35 | #36 | #37v1 | #37v2 | 2019! #38 | #39 | #40reference materials | academy battle log

mermaid ninja assassin. on a motorcycle. with swords. and knitting needles. and kittens.